PDA

View Full Version : Godley/Bridgeport

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Well, There has never been a week where Godley didnt have a gamethread in the history of the world and its internets.........

Therefore I will post game updates, drink rum, and not really care if I'm posting to myself. I think the great billy idol had a song"posting with my sel helf"

SO yall have a great night and safe travels to all!

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 06:54 PM
tipping the silver superior right now at 6:54pm because its 5pm somewhere.

Go Cats, tan those bull hineys!

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 07:44 PM
bridgeport 7-0

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 07:55 PM
bridgeport 14 -0

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 08:36 PM
bridgeport 28-7

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 08:49 PM
bridgeport 34
godley 7

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 09:30 PM
41-7 Bridgeport

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 10:02 PM
41-14 bridgeport

GodleyEast
09-11-2015, 10:16 PM
bridgeport 41 Godley 20 Final

473 total yards 276 passing

Gen.Pat
09-11-2015, 11:31 PM
FINAL from Godley

Wildcats 20 Bulls 41.

Gen.Pat
09-11-2015, 11:36 PM
The TD as Time ran out in the First Half was a Blown call by the Zebra crew. Home side official blew the whistle and called it An incomplete pass. the clock at 3 second the zebra on the other side tells the bulls it was a lateral so they pick it up and run it in as the horn sounded a d 1/2 our team has running off the field.

Gen.Pat
09-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Well we were smaller ,and slower against a Talented Bridgeport team. The paper adressed the confusion by the Zebra crew and our staff that had half of our team heading for the locker room while a bull picked up a lateral and ran into the inzone. Sorry if the crew was confused the play should have blown dead again cause the official on the home side blew his whistle and signaled incomplete pass with 3 seconds in the half. I'm concerned we might have another 4-6 year coming again.

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Well we were smaller ,and slower against a Talented Bridgeport team. The paper adressed the confusion by the Zebra crew and our staff that had half of our team heading for the locker room while a bull picked up a lateral and ran into the inzone. Sorry if the crew was confused the play should have blown dead again cause the official on the home side blew his whistle and signaled incomplete pass with 3 seconds in the half. I'm concerned we might have another 4-6 year coming again.

It was a strange play. The pass was definitely a backward pass to a screen play that was being setup. A Godley defender did a great job reading it and batted the ball backwards. All of the officials in both backfields and our side judge continued to watch the play with whistles in mouths... waiting. Time expired and the announcer called for halftime, almost all players began walking off, and several Bridgeport coaches were yelling about the missed blocks that led to the batting. But a couple of Bridgeport coaches were yelling at the intended receiver to pick up the ball because it was still live. He finally did and I think only one defender was able to recover and try and make the tackle.

I have seen that on TV a few times, but never live. It definitely wasn't scripted, just a crazy series of events. I did not see anything from the far side judge as far as a whistle/signal incomplete... but then again it was all the way over on the other side of the field and far from where the action of the play occurred.

That was what we say from our end... it definitely was a crazy!

Good luck to Godley and hope everyone is safe the rest of the year!

Gen.Pat
09-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Thanks a 3rd party official said after watching the film that the play was dead cause the Godley side official blew the whistle and gave the incomplete signal before the Chinese drill broke out. Well it is a mute point now and it goes down as the craziness single play I seen in my 40 years of watching football.

LeonJr
09-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Thanks a 3rd party official said after watching the film that the play was dead cause the Godley side official blew the whistle and gave the incomplete signal before the Chinese drill broke out. Well it is a mute point now and it goes down as the craziness single play I seen in my 40 years of watching football.

That play meant nothing to the outcome of the game "thooo"