PDA

View Full Version : So Bandara. Is Ingram good or not?

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 06:51 PM
After the lopsided win this week by Ingram, I expected some post by the Bandara fans complimenting Ingram's team. If any were posted, I missed them. Why hasn't there been any such post, or do you just think your team is that bad?

<small>[ October 13, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

thunder
10-13-2003, 08:22 PM
yes,please reply let the folks in l.h. know if ingram is that good.

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 07:13 AM
They played a good game and they won.

They are about the same caliber as last years Liberty Hill team......

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 08:55 AM
BULLDOGFAN:
They played a good game and they won.

They are about the same caliber as last years Liberty Hill team......If you are right and Ingram is the same quality as last years Liberty Hill team, then Liberty Hill-Ingram game will not be the blowout everyone is predicting. What's your opinion after seeing Ingram play. Is their offense run or pass or about equal?

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

thunder
10-14-2003, 09:10 AM
bulldogfan give us your prediction for fridays game, l.h. vs ingram.

Bandera YaYa
10-14-2003, 11:09 AM
...were you even at the Ingram game, BULLDOGFAN??? :rolleyes:

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I was on the Ingram side since there was no seating on the Bandera side. Had a front row seat at Mamacitas after the Volleyball games. Ya,know I have other kids to follow now.

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 12:09 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Yeah, I was on the Ingram side since there was no seating on the Bandera side. Had a front row seat at Mamacitas after the Volleyball games. Ya,know I have other kids to follow now.The Austin American Statesman does not give stats on either Ingram or Bandara and we in this area are totally at loss as to the type of team Ingram or Bandara have this year. Does Ingram run or pass or about equal? Does Ingram have speed in their key positions? Does Ingram's defense play fundamentally sound football, especially in their key Ends and Linebacker positions(outside and inside)? This is the information I want to know. So far Bandara fans are the only District team that can answer these questions. Why don't either you or YaYa go into more detail?

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Here is the write up as it appears in the Bandera Newspaper:

Propelled by 23 unanswered points in the third quarter, Ingram defeated Bandera 36-7 in District 25-3A opener for both teams Friday night.

Bandera scored the game's first touchdown on a 38 yard run by Chris Martinez that capped a 10-play, 80-yard drive with 10:51 to go in the second quarter. Other than that drive, the Dogs were mostly unable to get their three-back offense untracked most of the night.

Things don't get any easier on Friday, Oct. 18 when Bandera (2-4, 0-1 District 25-3A) hosts the top-ranked team in Class 3A, Burnet, at 7:30 p.m.

Bandera started Ryan Tierney at quarterback for the first time all season. Coach Guy Grover said if he had it to do all over, he'd start Tierney again.

"It gives us a better runner at quarterback and gave us a chance to move some other people to halfback and use Gary Barton on defense," Grover said. "We played a pretty good game on defense tonight, regardless of what the score indicated. The problem was we couldn't move the ball on offense and left our defense out on the field too long. Whatever was wrong with our offense, lay it all on my shoulders."

Ingram's Stephen Lemeilleur scored on a 52-yard touchdown pass with 9:21 to go in the half. Quarterback Robert Taylor threw the scoring toss and kicked the point after to tie the game at 7-7.

Lemeilleur was on the receiving end of a 12-yard Taylor TD toss with 47 seconds left in the half. The Warriors took a 13-7 lead in the half.

Ingram began the third quarter with an on-sides kick recovery at the its 46, but was unable to move the past the Ingram 40-yard line. The Dogs seemed to lose momentum after the series sputtered. Ingram gave the ball on a fumble three plays later, but gained only five yards before punting.

Ingram took a 19-6 lead on a 4-yard run by Chad Varner with 4:02 left in the third quarter. The Warriors tacked on a two-point conversion when Taylor found Lemeilleur in the front corner of the end zone.

Bandera drove 25 yards in four plays to the Ingram 34-yard line before fumbling on a pitch play. Ingram returned the loose ball for a touchdown. After a two-point conversion - Taylor to tight end Shaun Butzke - Ingram was up 29-7 with 2:23 left in the third.

Ingram took advantage of an interception returned to the Bandera 45-yard line on the ensuing series. Lemeilleur ran for 32 yards to the Bandera 10-yard line on the second play of the series and Varner finished off the drive with a 10-yard run for a 35-7 lead. Taylor's kick with 47 seconds left in the game made it 36-7. Ingram scored 23 points in three minutes and 15 seconds.

"We had two guys, Lemeilleur and Jason Brown with about 315 and 317 yards receiving coming into the game so they couldn't key on either one of them," Warrior coach Johnny Burleson said.

Ingram (3-3, 1-0 in District 25-3A) will host Liberty Hill next week.

Liberty Hill will not have a problem against Ingram.

Bandera YaYa
10-14-2003, 12:25 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Yeah, I was on the Ingram side since there was no seating on the Bandera side. Had a front row seat at Mamacitas after the Volleyball games. Ya,know I have other kids to follow now.Ok, Ok....Pres Pinky and I ate there before the game...Yum Yum....didn't you think they were playing a little dirty?? #6 was bent all out of shape.... :rolleyes:

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Bulldogfan:
Was that last sentence yours or was it in the paper? Thanks for the time you took to make your post.

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Sorry about that. That was my qoute. I'll see if I can find the stats for the game somewhere.

The Guru
10-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Wimberley passed for over 200 yards on Liberty Hill. Ingram has a better passing game than Wimberley, so it won't be a cake walk for Liberty Hill. It'll be a better game than you think. Bandera struggled to move the ball on the ground against Ingram.

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 01:30 PM
The Guru:
Wimberley passed for over 200 yards on Liberty Hill. Ingram has a better passing game than Wimberley, so it won't be a cake walk for Liberty Hill. It'll be a better game than you think. Bandera struggled to move the ball on the ground against Ingram.Did you see the game? I'm not sure Ingram stopped Bandara's run or if they shot themselves in the foot with fumbles. Hard to tell from the write up. I'm still curious on how fundamentally sound Ingram is at the defensive ends and linebacker positions.

The Guru
10-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Better than any of Liberty Hill's opponents so far.

Also, Devine's RB is the second leading rusher in the San Antonio area with close to 1000 yards. He was averaging over 200 yards a game. Ingram held him to right at 100.

Bandera had turnovers, but so did Ingram. When they didn't turn it over, the still couldn't do much. The final score for Ingram was also at the end of the third, not the game. Ingram had more opportunities to score in the 4th but had some mishaps and played several subs. Bandera still could't move the ball on the subs.

PAINTBALL
10-14-2003, 02:00 PM
The Guru:
Better than any of Liberty Hill's opponents so far.

Also, Devine's RB is the second leading rusher in the San Antonio area with close to 1000 yards. He was averaging over 200 yards a game. Ingram held him to right at 100.

Bandera had turnovers, but so did Ingram. When they didn't turn it over, the still couldn't do much. The final score for Ingram was also at the end of the third, not the game. Ingram had more opportunities to score in the 4th but had some mishaps and played several subs. Bandera still could't move the ball on the subs.As you know from last year, Liberty Hill's coach runs the wing T with perfection. The key to stopping this offense is fundamentals, especially in the end and linebacker positions. If they follow the blockers to the ball and don't take the fakes, they will do good. This is easier said then done. Good Luck.

The Guru
10-14-2003, 02:06 PM
True.

thunder
10-15-2003, 02:51 PM
guru,what is your prediction for fridays game?