PDA

View Full Version : Not football related but I have a question

lostaussie
09-09-2015, 08:58 AM
If I put this on non sports forum no one will see it

Question? Do any of our posters have a GoPro camera. I just acquired a Hero Silver4 and need to know what are the common accessories to get. Going to be used mainly for hunt and fishing. Anyone that has used one, all info and help is appreciated.

movethechain
09-09-2015, 09:14 AM
I have the Hero3 Black. The audio really sucks when you put it in the protective enclosure. You will need the skeleton enclosure to help some, but a external microphone is best. Alas, external mics and action, on-the-go video recording don't really go together. You can try the wireless preview on your cellphone, but I get the mechanical radio interference in my audio when the GoPro wireless is turned on, YMMV. You will probably want the ballcap clip-on or headband mount for hunting/fishing. Lots of options for gimbal mounts to steady the camera as you walk around and I could see one being really great for mounting on a boat. There are many DIY steady mounts on Youtube, many made with PVC pipe, etc.

Cam
09-09-2015, 01:02 PM
If I put this on non sports forum no one will see it

Question? Do any of our posters have a GoPro camera. I just acquired a Hero Silver4 and need to know what are the common accessories to get. Going to be used mainly for hunt and fishing. Anyone that has used one, all info and help is appreciated.

I gots a buddy who mounted his GoPro on his drone.(the flyin' type!)......did some really cool videos while he was driving the trails at Big Bend. Added music to it and everything...The aerial views of his truck going thru the landscape was pretty neat...His buddy drove the truck while he controlled the drone..very creative.......I gave up on my GoPro-on-a-drone stuff....busted both contraptions in a bedroom/ceiling fan accident!!.....:eek::eek::eek::smoker:

FB-fanatic
09-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Add the "canoe" accessory and your good.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDkmkD48zE8

panfan
09-10-2015, 08:21 AM
I gots a buddy who mounted his GoPro on his drone.(the flyin' type!)......did some really cool videos while he was driving the trails at Big Bend. Added music to it and everything...The aerial views of his truck going thru the landscape was pretty neat...His buddy drove the truck while he controlled the drone..very creative.......I gave up on my GoPro-on-a-drone stuff....busted both contraptions in a bedroom/ceiling fan accident!!.....:eek::eek::eek::smoker:

No body wants to see your arse from above.....