PDA

View Full Version : LH Panthers vs Brownwood Lions

panfan
09-08-2015, 09:56 AM
There was a lot of talk on "that other thread" by some blowhards about how they were going to destroy LH this year, particularly after their big win against Graham. Time to put your money where your mouth is. My money is on LH, last few seasons, home or away, we have taken it to the Lions, they haven't stopped us, and they don't have what it takes this year to do it either.

Bosqueville
09-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Brownwood by 7. That is all..

toddg
09-08-2015, 10:11 AM
HELLO MCFLY!!! according to the "where we belong" crowed..they have handled that gimmick offense and scored at will on the defense!! REVENGE is what they seek!!

panfan
09-08-2015, 10:18 AM
HELLO MCFLY!!! according to the "where we belong" crowed..they have handled that gimmick offense and scored at will on the defense!! REVENGE is what they seek!!

Roger that toddg. All I'm saying is, Bring IT! We'll be ready.

greendawg84
09-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Blowhards will run out of air this week , Da Hill gets tuned up for AW .

toddg
09-08-2015, 10:38 AM
2 very physical games over next 2 weeks for the mighty Lions...ice baths will be on the agenda!:1popcorn:

Cam
09-08-2015, 10:43 AM
There was a lot of talk on "that other thread" by some blowhards about how they were going to destroy LH this year, particularly after their big win against Graham. Time to put your money where your mouth is. My money is on LH, last few seasons, home or away, we have taken it to the Lions, they haven't stopped us, and they don't have what it takes this year to do it either.

....well...aren't we in a goading mood?!........

panfan
09-08-2015, 11:01 AM
....well...aren't we in a goading mood?!........

Just having a little fun. FYI - no need to PM this to you - Jacob got plenty of playing time this weekend, rush linebacker, all special teams, Army Prep 27, Army JV 3. He hit the RB on the 6 yard line, caused the fumble and Prep scored 2 plays later. My daughter filmed it so hoping to see it this week.

Back to LH vs. Brownwood.

Cam
09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Just having a little fun. FYI - no need to PM this to you - Jacob got plenty of playing time this weekend, rush linebacker, all special teams, Army Prep 27, Army JV 3. He hit the RB on the 6 yard line, caused the fumble and Prep scored 2 plays later. My daughter filmed it so hoping to see it this week.

.....did he whack anyone with a pillow?........:D

panfan
09-08-2015, 11:14 AM
.....did he whack anyone with a pillow?........:D

Nope! Some Dumb arse put a padlock in the pillow case and knocked a few heads.

hollywood
09-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Brownwood gained a lot of confidence after last weeks upset against Graham. I think at this point, Liberty Hill is 7pts better. Now since the game is in Brownwood, that should boast at least an extra 7 pts in favor of Lions. That being said, I think this game is a pick 'em. If it were in Liberty Hill, I'd have them a 14 pt favorite. I'm hoping the Lions win at home, but it's not going to be easy. LH's D will be the best the Lions have faced so far. Allowed only 14 against a talented Brenham team.

panfan
09-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Brownwood gained a lot of confidence after last weeks upset against Graham. I think at this point, Liberty Hill is 7pts better. Now since the game is in Brownwood, that should boast at least an extra 7 pts in favor of Lions. That being said, I think this game is a pick 'em. If it were in Liberty Hill, I'd have them a 14 pt favorite. I'm hoping the Lions win at home, but it's not going to be easy. LH's D will be the best the Lions have faced so far. Allowed only 14 against a talented Brenham team.

Getting mixed signals here Holly - pick a side! :spitlol:

lhhsfan
09-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Have of horse in this race on Defense for LH........watched the win by Bwood tis weekend on Hudl with him at length.....great win and a good team.

Strong play by the QB makes alot of good reads on the run game......executes the short passes and screens well.....very accurate arm and has the strength to go deep......quick feet.....stays in the pocket but not afraid to run......took some hits but delivered tha pass's under pressure.
Reciveres run diciplined routes and show good speed......backfeild wont run away from you but not slow by any means
O-line plays well up front......stonger on left then right side.......good feet and execution on the pulling traps........decent run blocking across the line
Overall verry solid offence that will put points on the board.......LH will match up well up front and at LB on the running game ....... secondary better bring their a game.
A-grade on speacial teams....good leg strenth on all the kickers

Defense is very capable for Bwood.......lots of teams would give up the same score on the passing game they had to defend last week.......as to the ability to stop the slot-t it will all be about the play up fromt by the line. LH offence played well last week against a bigger team on defense......should be another good matchup

Having played and coached I always try to be objective in my views ( Even if I have kids on te feild ) this game will come down to LH's ability to defend a great passing game by BW and control the pace.....BW will have to defend another tough Slot-T team.......game will be decided by less then 10 points.......turnovers gonna decide this one.

bwdlionfan
09-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Have of horse in this race on Defense for LH........watched the win by Bwood tis weekend on Hudl with him at length.....great win and a good team.

Strong play by the QB makes alot of good reads on the run game......executes the short passes and screens well.....very accurate arm and has the strength to go deep......quick feet.....stays in the pocket but not afraid to run......took some hits but delivered tha pass's under pressure.
Reciveres run diciplined routes and show good speed......backfeild wont run away from you but not slow by any means
O-line plays well up front......stonger on left then right side.......good feet and execution on the pulling traps........decent run blocking across the line
Overall verry solid offence that will put points on the board.......LH will match up well up front and at LB on the running game ....... secondary better bring their a game.
A-grade on speacial teams....good leg strenth on all the kickers

Defense is very capable for Bwood.......lots of teams would give up the same score on the passing game they had to defend last week.......as to the ability to stop the slot-t it will all be about the play up fromt by the line. LH offence played well last week against a bigger team on defense......should be another good matchup

Having played and coached I always try to be objective in my views ( Even if I have kids on te feild ) this game will come down to LH's ability to defend a great passing game by BW and control the pace.....BW will have to defend another tough Slot-T team.......game will be decided by less then 10 points.......turnovers gonna decide this one.

Great analysis and I couldn't agree more.

canno
09-08-2015, 12:24 PM
looking forward to this game, Liberty Hill runs the slot t better than any team I've ever seen.
both teams are capable of winning this game.the team with the least mistakes will win this game.

warpig
09-08-2015, 12:34 PM
agree with lhhsfan.
Two good teams battling for a win. If bwd can stop the inside game, I give them the edge. If LH can stop the air game, they get the edge. Going to be a very physical game.
Good luck to both teams. Hope they come out healthy for their district runs.

hollywood
09-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Mixed signals? Lol It would be an easy pick if one team was more superior over the other. I think both are very solid. We will see which makes the fewest mistakes and executes better Friday night. That will be the difference.

Rocket
09-08-2015, 01:34 PM
We will see which makes the fewest mistakes and executes better Friday night. That will be the difference.

LOL What kind of answer is this? Can't even pick Brownwood in hopes that they will win?

I think it will be a good game. I am trying to get home to see it. It is hard for me to drive 4.5 hours for a game unless I think it is a going to be a good one.
I think Brownwood builds on the momentum and keeps rolling. They will be hype for their first home game of the season.

Hollyville
09-08-2015, 01:50 PM

Agree! Hollywood needs to pick a side. Liberty Hill wins by 17.

Hollyville
09-08-2015, 01:52 PM
LOL What kind of answer is this? Can't even pick Brownwood in hopes that they will win?

I think it will be a good game. I am trying to get home to see it. It is hard for me to drive 4.5 hours for a game unless I think it is a going to be a good one.
I think Brownwood builds on the momentum and keeps rolling. They will be hype for their first home game of the season.

Been 5 years since the LIONS have given you reason to make the long drive. SAD!

Have you found the 2015 roster and schedule yet?

Bosqueville
09-08-2015, 01:57 PM

I don't get your logic?? I haven't lived in Bwd for 19 years and I couldn't tell you the name of more than one kid on the team but I'm sure excited about this team!!

Hollyville
09-08-2015, 02:01 PM
I don't get your logic?? I haven't lived in Bwd for 19 years and I couldn't tell you the name of more than one kid on the team but I'm sure excited about this team!!

Logic is simple! He knows the 2010 roster by heart. Rocket only cares when the Lions appear to have potential. Or so it seems.

Leopardfan201
09-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Good game....but give LH by 12...I seem first hand how good this team is

Rocket
09-08-2015, 03:04 PM

I don't know what is worse? Cheering for Stephenville or cheering against Brownwood? Either way, I have listened to most and driven to many games over the past 4 seasons, I just haven't been on this board slappin' butts. Mostly because of time restraints and a new career, I haven't had the time to put into it in the last 3 years as I would have liked. Seems like you haven't either. It is ok if you have a problem with me, but nobody can deny the hours of promotion, work, and money I have put in to promoting Brownwood Lion Football over the last 13 years. I am working on something right now that is really awesome and hopefully will be able to announce it soon. You can label me a fairweather fan if you like, but I am always there behind the scenes. I also always posted scores to the games over the last 4 seasons so that all the facebook folllowers and twitter followers could be updated, every Friday night.

hollywood
09-08-2015, 03:25 PM
My pick... LH by 1

I sure hope Brownwood is as good as Rocket claims! If so, the Lions win. If not, LH by 14. Either way this game goes, we all know it will be a good test for both teams.

Rocket
09-08-2015, 03:40 PM
My pick... LH by 1

I sure hope Brownwood is as good as Rocket claims! If so, the Lions win. If not, LH by 14. Either way this game goes, we all know it will be a good test for both teams.

What happened last year? From what I recall, Brownwood gave LH all they could handle. We aren't the same team. I know LH will be better, but Brownwood is WAY improved.

bearbear78
09-08-2015, 03:45 PM
LH by 14

hollywood
09-08-2015, 04:10 PM
What happened last year? From what I recall, Brownwood gave LH all they could handle. We aren't the same team. I know LH will be better, but Brownwood is WAY improved.

We will all find out Friday mi amigo.

Rocket
09-08-2015, 04:23 PM
We will all find out Friday mi amigo.

Captain Obvious!

bearbear78
09-08-2015, 04:26 PM
LH by 14
That's IF Brownwood makes improvements on defense this week.

hollywood
09-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Captain Obvious!

Your pick?

Hollyville
09-08-2015, 04:38 PM
I don't know what is worse? Cheering for Stephenville or cheering against Brownwood? Either way, I have listened to most and driven to many games over the past 4 seasons, I just haven't been on this board slappin' butts. Mostly because of time restraints and a new career, I haven't had the time to put into it in the last 3 years as I would have liked. Seems like you haven't either. It is ok if you have a problem with me, but nobody can deny the hours of promotion, work, and money I have put in to promoting Brownwood Lion Football over the last 13 years. I am working on something right now that is really awesome and hopefully will be able to announce it soon. You can label me a fairweather fan if you like, but I am always there behind the scenes. I also always posted scores to the games over the last 4 seasons so that all the facebook folllowers and twitter followers could be updated, every Friday night.

I don't have a problem with you, but my goal is to give you more crap than you can dish out. That may be impossible.

Hollyville
09-08-2015, 04:40 PM
My pick... LH by 1

Weak!

hollywood
09-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Weak!

Ha, weak is Rocket not making a pick! That's weak!

BwdLions
09-08-2015, 04:46 PM
LH is a good program and a tough opponent. I'm predicting a 38-35 win for the Lions in their first home game.

hollywood
09-08-2015, 04:47 PM
LH is a good program and a tough opponent. I'm predicting a 38-35 win for the Lions in their first home game.

Great pick BwdLions!

Rocket
09-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Ha, weak is Rocket not making a pick! That's weak!

Brownwood by 10. Brownwood will be up by 3 and score to put it away with about 1:00 left in the 4th.

hollywood
09-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Brownwood by 10. Brownwood will be up by 3 and score to put it away with about 1:00 left in the 4th.

:cheerl:

Rocket
09-08-2015, 05:00 PM
I don't have a problem with you, but my goal is to give you more crap than you can dish out. That may be impossible.

Haha mission impossible...

1st and goal
09-08-2015, 05:17 PM

yada yada yada

91 lion
09-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Lions 29
LH 22

solocam
09-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Panthers by 3

Leopardfan201
09-08-2015, 08:29 PM
I like LH in this game...they just beat the crap out of 5A Brenham..they r a very good football team..top 10 team in my book

speedbump
09-08-2015, 08:53 PM
I like LH in this game...they just beat the crap out of 5A Brenham..they r a very good football team..top 10 team in my book

Yea, where they make Blue Bowl Ice Cream.

panfan
09-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Only good thing to come out of Brownwood lately is the Examiner. That's some cutting edge reporting there.....:eek:

http://brownwoodexaminer.com/2014/09/06/brownwood-to-host-miss-pregnant-teen-competition/

hollywood
09-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Only good thing to come out of Brownwood lately is the Examiner. That's some cutting edge reporting there.....:eek:

http://brownwoodexaminer.com/2014/09/06/brownwood-to-host-miss-pregnant-teen-competition/

My have things changed. :eek:

greendawg84
09-10-2015, 08:38 AM

Damn , I always knew that place was a little bit off in left field .

panfan
09-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Its game day! Wish I was gonna make this one, volleyball in Lorena for youngest. I'll be listening though. GO PANTHERS!
To the Lions - "You have no idea what's coming!" Couldn't resist.

Here is to safe travels to all attending and an injury free game for the players.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I just heard the game got canceled tonight because Liberty Hill is just so good that the game should not be played, LH gets an automatic win, and Brownwood gets the loss. This all comes from LH beating a 5A. LOL

The clock is ticking...

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 05:07 PM
No rocket, that was last night

Leopardfan201
09-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Brenham was a power in 5A for a long time...and LH is very good team...all tho LG beat them they r top 10 at least

panfan
09-11-2015, 07:24 PM
I just heard the game got canceled tonight because Liberty Hill is just so good that the game should not be played, LH gets an automatic win, and Brownwood gets the loss. This all comes from LH beating a 5A. LOL

The clock is ticking...

We shall see, we shall see.....

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Hmmmmm

panfan
09-11-2015, 07:52 PM
7 - 7 in the first quarter.

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Forgot how boring the slot T was

hollywood
09-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Forgot how boring the slot T was

Must still be effective though.

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Sure is.....just, god!

panfan
09-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Sure is.....just, god!

what you talking bout Willis? We have thrown the ball 3 times. :2thumbsup

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Lol! I know...and very effective!

panfan
09-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Man these refs are happy to leave their laundry on the field. Geez

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Man this is a physical game!!!!!

Rocket
09-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Brownwood TOTALLY dominated Liberty Hill in the 2nd Half. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HA
How many yards and how many first downs? How many points? How? What? How? LOL

The dookey Stank T offense don't work. Get a real offense. See ya next season for an even worse butt whoopin'.

The dankey has officially been stomped, boys.

panfan
09-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Brownwood TOTALLY dominated Liberty Hill in the 2nd Half. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HA

The dookey Stank T offense don't work. Get a real offense. See ya next season for an even worse butt whoopin'.

And the blow hard emerges. LH fumbled twice due to no contact (at least as far as I could tell on the broadcast) and gave up the ball to Lions inside the 40. Poor execution by LH and good execution by Brownwood. At least a few of us know how to be civil unlike dirtbag above.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:05 PM

Dankey Stomp! The Mouth of the south is back!

Rocket
09-11-2015, 10:16 PM
And the blow hard emerges. LH fumbled twice due to no contact (at least as far as I could tell on the broadcast) and gave up the ball to Lions inside the 40. Poor execution by LH and good execution by Brownwood. At least a few of us know how to be civil unlike dirtbag above.

I know it sucks to get totally exposed and left ineffective running that sorry offense. It's time to get a new program and move into the present. Just being real. Until next season....and it won't be pretty.

Hollyville
09-11-2015, 10:24 PM
I'll say it! Good win for the Lions and a surprise I admit. Go Rocket!

Oh - just though I might point out that Graham is now 1-2. Dominated by Wylie. Good luck with that.

clcannon17
09-11-2015, 10:26 PM
The Slot T is good if you want to win games, but horrid if you plan on winning state

91 lion
09-11-2015, 10:33 PM
The Slot T is good if you want to win games, but horrid if you plan on winning state

Not sure I agree with you there. While I think that the slot-T is like watching paint dry....you can't deny it's effectiveness and LH has sealed the deal more than a few times in the State Championship Game running it.

panfan
09-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Not sure I agree with you there. While I think that the slot-T is like watching paint dry....you can't deny it's effectiveness and LH has sealed the deal more than a few times in the State Championship Game running it.

Any offense is effective if executed. LH made too many mistakes and Lions took advantage of those mistakes. Good game Lions.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Any offense is effective if executed. LH made too many mistakes and Lions took advantage of those mistakes. Good game Lions.

Good game, LH.

BwdLions
09-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Sounded like a very physical game. (I listened on my iPhone). LH played a good game. They're always a tough opponent.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 10:42 PM
I'll say it! Good win for the Lions and a surprise I admit. Go Rocket!

Oh - just though I might point out that Graham is now 1-2. Dominated by Wylie. Good luck with that.

Always good to cheer for your alma mater. Brownwood-Wylie will be a good one. I have a feeling the Ville will get a nice butt whoopin' from Brownwood and Wylie. ;)

clcannon17
09-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Problem with the Slot T is that if your D is disciplined enough, more than likely your gonna lose

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:46 PM

I hated that defensing that in High School in the 70's absolutely hated it. The dealer is the key to it's success. Slot T won in 2006 Don't ask me how I know.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I hated that defensing that in High School in the 70's absolutely hated it. The dealer is the key to it's success. Slot T won in 2006 Don't ask me how I know.

Oh the good 'ol days...

Rocket
09-11-2015, 10:51 PM

We need to go catch some slabs.

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Both teams played a good first half with LH getting the better of the turnover battle and taking a halftime lead. However, for the first time in a long time, Brownwood did not get rattled at all. Stayed totally calm. Only gave up 90 total yards to #4 LH in the second half. This Brownwood team is still a little green. But man do they have guts. Open up a spot in the top 5 cuz we are coming.

BEAST

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:54 PM
We need to go catch some slabs.Yup! Almost time

Rocket
09-11-2015, 10:55 PM
While you guys are at it... Go see what I predicted for this game. Am I smart or what?

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 10:56 PM
Just gotta ask, did the poll get so lopsided to LHs favor because of me and Rocket or did yall think last week was a fluke? If you thought it was a fluke, what say you now? We left 14 more on the field. Had 1 called back and played nice at the end. Could have been 52-28.

BEAST

hollywood
09-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Good win Lions!

Abilene Wylie proved tonight they're in it to win it.
Brownwood proved tonight they're in it to win it.
Stephenville proved tonight they're in it to win it.

Abilene Wylie and Stephenville have proved to have the better defenses so far IMO. AW holding Graham to only 7 and SV holding Everman to only 7... Wow!

Going to be a fun district race this year boys and girls!

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Well, I think LH was over rated. And so was Graham. I am only saying that because I'M not sold that the Lions are world beaters. Brownwood has been exposed as well in the last 2 games and better shore it up.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Well, I think LH was over rated. And so was Graham. I am only saying that because I'M not sold that the Lions are world beaters. Brownwood has been exposed as well in the last 2 games and better shore it up.

When you can shut the Slop T down for a half, something good is happening. We have a lot of work to do and winning games doing it.

Red Carpet
09-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Don't disagree rocket, the defensive front played really well. It's the back end that needs fixin

clcannon17
09-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Don't disagree rocket, the defensive front played really well. It's the back end that needs fixin

I totally agree!
Way to many passes wide open, even some dropped by LH

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Good win Lions!

Abilene Wylie proved tonight they're in it to win it.
Brownwood proved tonight they're in it to win it.
Stephenville proved tonight they're in it to win it.

Abilene Wylie and Stephenville have proved to have the better defenses so far IMO. AW holding Graham to only 7 and SV holding Everman to only 7... Wow!

Going to be a fun district race this year boys and girls!

Ill spot you the Wylie D. But honestly we dont anything about the Jackets. Everman is down this year. They are still good but not the normal good. Now, the Jacket offense is not so strong is what I am seeing. Normally, even in a rebuilding year yall can score. Not so much this year. Cant wait to watch the game in Cricketville.

BEAST

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Ill spot you the Wylie D. But honestly we dont anything about the Jackets. Everman is down this year. They are still good but not the normal good. Now, the Jacket offense is not so strong is what I am seeing. Normally, even in a rebuilding year yall can score. Not so much this year. Cant wait to watch the game in Cricketville.

BEAST

After Brownwood dankey stomps their beloved Jackets, MAYBE they will love the Lions again. But I doubt it. They are brainwashed.

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:23 PM

So every ranked team we beat was overrated. But, they were not overrated the week before we played them. How nice. Has our D been hit the last 2 weeks? Yup. Did we win anyway? Yup. Are we missing players to injury? Yup. Who in the state has knocked off the #2 team and then the #4 team in back to back weeks besides us? NOBODY

BEAST

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I totally agree!
Way to many passes wide open, even some dropped by LH

Agreed.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:24 PM
So every ranked team we beat was overrated. But, they were not overrated the week before we played them. How nice. Has our D been hit the last 2 weeks? Yup. Did we win anyway? Yup. Are we missing players to injury? Yup. Who in the state has knocked off the #2 team and then the #4 team in back to back weeks besides us? NOBODY

BEAST

This right here...

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:25 PM
After Brownwood dankey stomps their beloved Jackets, MAYBE they will love the Lions again. But I doubt it. They are brainwashed.

Dont want the turn coats back. The daubers can have em.

BEAST

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:25 PM

I'm a genius!

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Dont want the turn coats back. The daubers can have em.

BEAST

It's gonna suck to be a Jacket fan for a long time. We will take them back, if they even want to come back...

91 lion
Just gotta ask, did the poll get so lopsided to LHs favor because of me and Rocket or did yall think last week was a fluke? If you thought it was a fluke, what say you now? We left 14 more on the field. Had 1 called back and played nice at the end. Could have been 52-28.

BEAST

You may be on to something BEAST. I counted 4 that picked Brownwood. Me, you, Rocket and one other. Many, I'm sure, truly believed that LH would win....then there were others that were picking against the Lions more than they were picking LH, and you can tell that by the way they are now saying that LH must have been overrated....bc the Lions beat them. If we would have lost, it would have been, 'see, I knew the Lions would fold when they played a real team'......but since we won it's 'well, LH wasn't that good anyway, so Brownwood, you still aren't among the better teams'

Can't win against that logic

THE BEAST
I'm a genius!

The only thing you got wrong was the time left on the clock

BEAST

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:28 PM
The only thing you got wrong was the time left on the clock

BEAST

I said about 1:00 left. Lol

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:30 PM
You may be on to something BEAST. I counted 4 that picked Brownwood. Me, you, Rocket and one other. Many, I'm sure, truly believed that LH would win....then there were others that were picking against the Lions more than they were picking LH, and you can tell that by the way they are now saying that LH must have been overrated....bc the Lions beat them. If we would have lost, it would have been, 'see, I knew the Lions would fold when they played a real team'......but since we won it's 'well, LH wasn't that good anyway, so Brownwood, you still aren't among the better teams'

Can't win against that logic

Logic? Whats logic? Lol. WE ARE BACK!!! AND ITS GONNA BE ABOUT A 5 YEAR RIDE. GET USE TO SEEING THE LION CLAN DOMINATE THIS BOARD. ITLL ONLY GROW AS THIS YEAR GOES ON.

BEAST

91 lion
09-11-2015, 11:32 PM
In my opinion, Hollywood is a realist and a voice if reason. I get his stances....even if I don't always agree with them.....but i'm still trying to figure out Hollyville. I'm sure there's plenty of good Brownwood love left in him. :)

hollywood
09-11-2015, 11:33 PM

BEAST

LOL.. Because Stephenville held Everman to 7 points they must be down, right? They averaged 34 points a game before tonight. You're using the same logic you're blaming everyone else having towards Brownwood. SMDH You're a character BEAST.

91 lion
09-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Logic? Whats logic? Lol. WE ARE BACK!!! AND ITS GONNA BE ABOUT A 5 YEAR RIDE. GET USE TO SEEING THE LION CLAN DOMINATE THIS BOARD. ITLL ONLY GROW AS THIS YEAR GOES ON.

BEAST

Hehe

Rocket
Let's all have a quick moment of silence for Graham and the realization that they now officially suck.

hollywood

BEAST

:spitlol:

91 lion
We need to go catch some slabs.

×2!!!!

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:35 PM
LOL.. Because Stephenville held Everman to 7 points they must be down, right? They averaged 34 points a game before tonight. You're using the same logic you're blaming everyone else having towards Brownwood. SMDH You're a character BEAST.

I'm guessing they scored 35 points on a couple of powerhouses?

hollywood
09-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Let's all have a quick moment of silence for Graham and the realization that they now officially suck.

:spitlol: Ok, that was pretty dang funny. Sorry Grahamies.. You got to admit, that's pretty funny right there.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:37 PM
:spitlol: Ok, that was pretty dang funny. Sorry Grahamies.. You got to admit, that's pretty funny right there.

It sucks when you realize you're missing your balls...

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:40 PM

No sir. I have friends in E town. I have intel. Not saying your adopted homies in dauberville cant play some football, but bro, you should know good when you see it and you should know great when you see it. Most importantly, you should be able to tell the difference.

BEAST

hollywood
09-11-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm guessing they scored 35 points on a couple of powerhouses?

Come on Rocket.. You of all people know Everman is freakin EVERMAN! They always have speed speed speed and pretty disciplined. This year they also had side of size to go with their speed. VILLE defense didn't allow one big play all night. The D swarmed to the ball every play and were laying the smack down on those big ole Bulldogs.

hollywood
09-11-2015, 11:41 PM
No sir. I have friends in E town. I have intel. Not saying your adopted homies in dauberville cant play some football, but bro, you should know good when you see it and you should know great when you see it. Most importantly, you should be able to tell the difference.

BEAST

Lol.. Ok. Guess I'll have to come see for myself. But you should know as well, Everman always has speed speed speed! They returned their stud RB this year. He maybe had 1 run beyond 20 yards.

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:42 PM
:spitlol:

Keep spitting that water. Remember this post!! Remember this post right here when we take back what is ours. And no, you cant come back to our side.

BEAST

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Lol.. Ok. Guess I'll have to come see for myself. But you should know as well, Everman always has speed speed speed! They returned their stud RB this year. He maybe had 1 run beyond 20 yards.

Well, I was assuming you would have witnessed the difference over the years in Cricketville. You dont have to come to The Wood.

BEAST

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Come on Rocket.. You of all people know Everman is freakin EVERMAN! They always have speed speed speed and pretty disciplined. This year they also had side of size to go with their speed. VILLE defense didn't allow one big play all night. The D swarmed to the ball every play and were laying the smack down on those big ole Bulldogs.

Hate to break this to you, but teams aren't always good. You should know that. Look at your team this year.

hollywood
09-11-2015, 11:46 PM
Keep spitting that water. Remember this post!! Remember this post right here when we take back what is ours. And no, you cant come back to our side.

BEAST

Ok, I will! And you remember to not vacate the board when the Jackets prevail during their homecoming on Oct 9th. The Lions will give a good game for sure.. Wouldn't expect anything less, naturally. But you gotta call a spade a spade bro.

hollywood
09-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Hate to break this to you, but teams aren't always good. You should know that. Look at your team this year.

You are ruthless tonight.. Ruthless I tell ya.

Jacket O - behind the curve at this point
Jacket D - ahead of the curve at this point

Give it 4 more weeks... The O will be hitting their stride.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Ok, I will! And you remember to not vacate the board when the Jackets prevail during their homecoming on Oct 9th. The Lions will give a good game for sure.. Wouldn't expect anything less, naturally. But you gotta call a spade a spade bro.

We can vacate this board whenever we want. I know this board is only worth reading when we post on it.

bearbear78
09-11-2015, 11:50 PM
If Graham sucks, and Bwood barely pulls out the win against Graham, I'd think Bwood is closer to sucking than they are the greatness the two dingle berries speak of. I watched last week and this week and can say I honestly see AW beating those lions like they stole something. That one won't be a shocker but what will be hilarious and clear the threads of Rocket and his girlfriend forever is if an obviously down Ville beats them, and I could see that happening. Grahams down and we know it, but we still support our team and we are here win or lose. It's week 3 , still a lot of football left. Not everyone will be turnover victims and give Bwood the game back.

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:51 PM
You are ruthless tonight.. Ruthless I tell ya.

Jacket O - behind the curve at this point
Jacket D - ahead of the curve at this point

Give it 4 more weeks... The O will be hitting their stride.

And what do you think will be going on with Brownwood over these 4 weeks?
Gonna murder your dobbers...

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:53 PM

So, is the issue why I left the board? It had nothing to do with Brownwoods greatness or the opposite. It had to do with some folks on the site that pushing me to a point that was not going to be good. I am truly an easy going guy. But it got outta hand. I lost my cool with some posters. So I decided to step away for a while.

BEAST

Dawgs
09-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Hollywood is a sucker. Ville ain't got nothing. They were supposed to drop down and be world beaters, and now they are middle of the pack with everybody else in Region 1. Now there hanging there hat on defense!!! Times are getting desperate in the Ville. I hope Brownwood blows the doors off everybody in region 1. Keep it up Brownwood. And you guys keep on giving these guys hell on this board. I love it.

bearbear78
09-11-2015, 11:54 PM
So, is the issue why I left the board? It had nothing to do with Brownwoods greatness or the opposite. It had to do with some folks on the site that pushing me to a point that was not going to be good. I am truly an easy going guy. But it got outta hand. I lost my cool with some posters. So I decided to step away for a while.

BEAST
Rotflmao

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:56 PM
If Graham sucks, and Bwood barely pulls out the win against Graham, I'd think Bwood is closer to sucking than they are the greatness the two dingle berries speak of. I watched last week and this week and can say I honestly see AW beating those lions like they stole something. That one won't be a shocker but what will be hilarious and clear the threads of Rocket and his girlfriend forever is if an obviously down Ville beats them, and I could see that happening. Grahams down and we know it, but we still support our team and we are here win or lose. It's week 3 , still a lot of football left. Not everyone will be turnover victims and give Bwood the game back.

Brownwood is just getting started. Years of success to come. Thanks and a have a nice day.

bearbear78
09-11-2015, 11:56 PM

BEAST
You guys really take this that serious ? You and Rocket both abandon ship for personal reasons, guys it's a forum!!!!! Life's rough when you let one cause you emotional distress.

91 lion
09-11-2015, 11:57 PM

Bear, I was too caught up in the Lions game tonight to keep up with other games. In your opinion, what was the tale of the tape tonight in the AW-Graham game?

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:57 PM

Bro, I understand if you stopped at the store and got a 6 of Natty Lite. Enjoy the suds.

BEAST

Rocket
09-11-2015, 11:58 PM

BEAST

They equate support for our team with posting on this board. We are maroon bloods. There is a time to talk and a time to hang back. It's definitely the time to talk. Lol

bearbear78
09-11-2015, 11:58 PM
Brownwood is just getting started. Years of success to come. Thanks and a have a nice day.

You keep rubbing your crystal ball , it must have got real dusty over the last several years.

THE BEAST
09-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Rotflmao

LOL all you want to.

BEAST

bearbear78
09-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Bear, I was too caught up in the Lions game tonight to keep up with other games. In your opinion, what was the tale of the tape tonight in the AW-Graham game?
O Line couldn't stop the defense, TURNOVERS! Those are the two main. AW is big and fast. #89 was devastating to us.

91 lion
Hollywood is a sucker. Ville ain't got nothing. They were supposed to drop down and be world beaters, and now they are middle of the pack with everybody else in Region 1. Now there hanging there hat on defense!!! Times are getting desperate in the Ville. I hope Brownwood blows the doors off everybody in region 1. Keep it up Brownwood. And you guys keep on giving these guys hell on this board. I love it.

I like this guy ;)

bearbear78
LOL all you want to.

BEAST

I'm going to.....wasn't asking if I could...lol

bearbear78
09-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Bed time for me, night folks.

Rocket
09-12-2015, 12:20 AM
Bed time for me, night folks.

Go hibernate.

bearbear78
09-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Go hibernate.

Lol, I'm here to stay....unlike , we'll nevermind. It's a known fact already. No need to bring it up.

Rocket
09-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Lol, I'm here to stay....unlike , we'll nevermind. It's a known fact already. No need to bring it up.

Let's compare post counts. I win.

bearbear78
09-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Let's compare post counts. I win.
Post counts, lol.....that's just solid evidence that there are no restrictions from your brain to your fingertips preventing stupidity from flowing like the mighty Mississippi....so, yeah Rocket I guess you win the yack award and since you apparently have this forum as a major player in your personal life you have accomplished something worth while. Good job lil buddy!

bearbear78
09-12-2015, 12:37 AM
Guess I could post I'm the king of the world randomly throughout the day to catch up......but why? Then I'd be like you Rocket and that would upset BEAST since he is the Rocket follower. So I'll just keep a low post count and not threaten your title.

bearbear78
09-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Now, I REALLY gotta grab some zzzs. Mic is yours Rocket

regaleagle
09-12-2015, 01:00 AM
Congrats to the Brownwood Lions on a very big win tonite......and welcome back to your winning ways.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 07:43 AM

I believe! And this is good for football. Welcome back Brownwood Lions.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 07:48 AM

BEAST

Yes you are! And it is good to have you and Rocket back. Great that you believe that the Lions are going to be competitive for the next 5 year; looking forward to your post for many years to come. Nothing like coffee and football talk Saturday morning on my back porch.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 08:00 AM

BEAST

No doubt Hollywood knows what he sees on the field. In the early warmup, I saw an Everman team that was huge on the line, both sides of the ball. Yes, plenty of speed. I really thought Stephenville would be 1-2 today, but a few things happened last night that is encouraging as a Jacket fan. We know that the Jackets have a solid backup QB. The D is much better this year over last year. The O is learning and improving each game and to a level that should concern everyone in our district.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 08:08 AM

I love it too! Each week somebody will be eating crow, and that includes you.

bwdlionfan
09-12-2015, 08:30 AM
No doubt Hollywood knows what he sees on the field. In the early warmup, I saw an Everman team that was huge on the line, both sides of the ball. Yes, plenty of speed. I really thought Stephenville would be 1-2 today, but a few things happened last night that is encouraging as a Jacket fan. We know that the Jackets have a solid backup QB. The D is much better this year over last year. The O is learning and improving each game and to a level that should concern everyone in our district.

Did your backup QB have to play?

hollywood
09-12-2015, 08:41 AM

Get outta here troll! Lol

Go fix you some East Texas possum and squirrel pie! And don't forget to set your crow traps.. You'll be eating plenty of crow this season dawg!

hollywood
09-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Did your backup QB have to play?

Yes. E. Jones took a stinger to the leg on the last VILLE drive. Backup, 6'4" 195 came in and ran it down Everman's throat! Good to see we have a viable backup.

bwdlionfan
09-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Yes. E. Jones took a stinger to the leg on the last VILLE drive. Backup, 6'4" 195 came in and ran it down Everman's throat! Good to see we have a viable backup.

Jones is a sophomore right? What year is the backup? Hopefully Jones will be back next week. Speaking of, who do you guys play next?

hollywood
09-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Jones is a sophomore right? What year is the backup? Hopefully Jones will be back next week. Speaking of, who do you guys play next?

Jones is a Soph. Backup is a Sr. He's actually a WR. Was the TE last year.

We play Lubbock Cooper in Lubbock next week. Another solid 5A.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 09:10 AM

Jones will have an X-ray done this morning, results pending. He had to be helped from the field after the hit, and didn't appear to be able to put much weight on the ankle. All appears we will be without Jones for a while. We will know later today.

We plan another 5A that actually beat us last year - Lubbock-Cooper Pirates next Saturday afternoon.

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Jones will have an X-ray done this morning, results pending. He had to be helped from the field after the hit, and didn't appear to be able to put much weight on the ankle. All appears we will be without Jones for a while. We will know later today.

We plan another 5A that actually beat us last year - Lubbock-Cooper Pirates next Saturday afternoon.

Correction, it was Lubbock HS last year.

Rocket
09-12-2015, 09:30 AM

Every team, if they are worth a crap and have a decent coach, will be improving each week! Not just Stephenville! This should concern you! Lol

ccmom
09-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Correction, it was Lubbock HS last year.

Pretty sure it was Cooper last year...not Lubbock High, right?

Hollyville
09-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Pretty sure it was Cooper last year...not Lubbock High, right?

Yes, Cooper over Jackets 50-39.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2015, 08:25 PM
My son's two championship rings would argue with that.

ccmom
09-12-2015, 08:36 PM

:clap:

44INAROW
09-12-2015, 11:53 PM

👍🏻

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

clcannon17
09-13-2015, 06:35 AM

Not saying that you can't lol, it's just much, much harder to pull it off against a disciplined D.

bobcat1
09-13-2015, 07:11 AM

Not saying that you can't lol, it's just much, much harder to pull it off against a disciplined D.
I disagree. 2006 comes to mind.

PurplePop
09-13-2015, 03:54 PM

Not intending to take anything away from Gilmer's state championship, but you plug Boyd (UT), Lynch (Baylor) and McClane Carter (Incarnate Word) into a really well run slot-T like Liberty Hill's Slot-T and Liberty Hill is winning state.