PDA

View Full Version : Attacking a Ref

BoneyFinger
09-06-2015, 05:39 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Northside-ISD-investigating-incident-with-6487815.php

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2015, 07:38 AM
I would say that school is scratched from that Chapter. Kids should not be allowed to play anymore by that coach if not assault charges brought against them.
Its one thing to get run over out there, it's a totally different matter if they are targeting you. They are lucky the Umpire or one of his crew didn't get up and beat the sh*t out of them. I know some that would.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-06-2015, 11:30 AM
I saw that video. It wasn't just the one kid. There were two of them. Both Safeties. The first one hit the ref. The second one speared him while he was on the ground, with the facemask going right into the small of the referee's back.

That's straight up assault with a deadly weapon right there.

toddg
09-06-2015, 12:05 PM
would like to spit some beechnut in those 2 dudes eyes!

Saggy Aggie
09-06-2015, 12:34 PM
damn.... that is not good.

vincehaass1994
09-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Absolutely pathetic

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

LeonJr
09-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Revenged for a sideline penalty...not good

gobbla4life
09-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Not good at any level, these things have no place in sports. In my opinion , it's what this world is coming too. Take God out of school , pass laws that should not be passed , here are the results. High school football is special , specially here in Texas. Just my take , hope everyone is having a great Labor Day!

1st and goal
09-07-2015, 08:40 PM
If I were the ref, I would sue the players, their parents, the coaches, the AD, the school district and who ever else might be in the chain of command. Until someone stands up and takes responsibility, then everyone down from that person should pay and face criminal charges. The players especially should face criminal charges. If coaches are involved, criminal charges, fines and lose their jobs. And never coach again in this state. Harsh? He || yea. Stop this crap in the bud. Whatever happened to just yelling at the refs until the next play? I know, you're not supposed to yell at them but they do sometimes deserve it.

Punks. Dumb stupid Punks.

bearbear78
09-07-2015, 08:50 PM
If I were the ref, I would sue the players, their parents, the coaches, the AD, the school district and who ever else might be in the chain of command. Until someone stands up and takes responsibility, then everyone down from that person should pay and face criminal charges. The players especially should face criminal charges. If coaches are involved, criminal charges, fines and lose their jobs. And never coach again in this state. Harsh? He || yea. Stop this crap in the bud. Whatever happened to just yelling at the refs until the next play? I know, you're not supposed to yell at them but they do sometimes deserve it.

Punks. Dumb stupid Punks.
100% agree! Those two punks should be expelled , charged, arrested, fined, etc.

Wayne
09-07-2015, 09:11 PM
They need momma and daddy whoopin that ass! That's what's wrong with kids today! No parenting what so ever!

iFootball
09-07-2015, 09:46 PM
They need momma and daddy whoopin that ass! That's what's wrong with kids today! No parenting what so ever!

Agreed 100%!

PurplePop
09-07-2015, 09:51 PM
That's a ditto from me. Actions have consequences and crazy actions have really bad consequences. Simple as that.

bearbear78
09-07-2015, 10:04 PM
My dad would have came on the field and whooped my a $$ for that no doubt. I truly hope these two guys never compete in any sport again.

maestro
09-08-2015, 05:16 AM
Chronicle reporting this am that one of the guilty players was mistakenly allowed to stay in the game, and later received a unsportsmanlike penalty on the opposing QB on a KNEEL DOWN VICTORY FORMATION play.

toddg
09-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Chronicle reporting this am that one of the guilty players was mistakenly allowed to stay in the game, and later received a unsportsmanlike penalty on the opposing QB on a KNEEL DOWN VICTORY FORMATION play.that means the coach knew one of them was mistakingly left in game..and let him continue playing...fire him!!

Old Green
09-08-2015, 07:45 AM
They need momma and daddy whoopin that ass! That's what's wrong with kids today! No parenting what so ever!:ditto:

pancho villa
09-08-2015, 08:08 AM
They need to send them kids to Ingleside! That would be just punishment!

99IHSMustang
09-08-2015, 08:26 AM
They need to send them kids to Ingleside! That would be just punishment!

oohh.. that one is not funny. You should really stay off the drugs.

pancho villa
09-08-2015, 10:11 AM
yeah it was.

lbjacj
09-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Can't wait to hear what the coach and NISD administrators have to say. And Marble Falls police!

coach
09-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Did the review the play to see if he lead with his helmet?

hsfootballfan
09-08-2015, 02:05 PM
"Northside leaders also announced on Tuesday they have placed Assistant Coach Mack Breed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

"According to district leaders, Breed apparently made a statement during the game to the players, saying, "... that guy (referee) needs to pay for cheating us." It's believed the Jay team was frustrated with various calls made during the game.

"NISD says that alleged comment by Breed may have led to the assault on the official."

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/john-jay-incident-assistant-coach-placed-leave-15735.shtml#.Ve8w8NJVhBc

Macarthur
09-08-2015, 03:28 PM
There's also reports that the ref made racial slurs. This story is probably not going away anytime soon.

Leopardfan201
09-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Poor sportsmanship...throw them in jail and throw away the key

lostaussie
09-08-2015, 03:33 PM
This is getting uglier. Now an assistant coach has been suspended.http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/assistant-coach-linked-high-school-players-attack-referee/

Sorry. Just saw above post of same.material.

Cam
09-08-2015, 03:49 PM
this could've been even uglier had Greendawg been at that game pickin' fights with the Marble Falls administrator womans on the field!!!..........:doh::D..............

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!!!.....

Roughneck93
09-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Sadly, not the first time we've seen this....:dispntd:

http://youtu.be/2dAB1X9kY3k

Cam
09-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Marble Falls is partly to blame for this incident......just because it's Marble Falls!!!.....:evilgrin::foul::D

toddg
09-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Marble Falls is partly to blame for this incident......just because it's Marble Falls!!!.....:evilgrin::foul::D
if a marble rolls off a cliff, the marble falls...

greendawg84
09-09-2015, 02:53 PM
this could've been even uglier had Greendawg been at that game pickin' fights with the Marble Falls administrator womans on the field!!!..........:doh::D..............

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!!!.....

It would have been ugly if my boy would have been involved that much I can tell you . Cam would have to come get me out of jail for kicking my son's arse all the way to the parking lot .

not my fault ...... and you got that lady all pi$$ed by the way ! Yeah , it was Marble Falls .......... go figure , purple and gold :rolleyes:

Roughneck93
09-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Another incident from Texas....

http://youtu.be/V2KNNZp3rY0

toddg
09-13-2015, 08:18 PM
It would have been ugly if my boy would have been involved that much I can tell you . Cam would have to come get me out of jail for kicking my son's arse all the way to the parking lot .

not my fault ...... and you got that lady all pi$$ed by the way ! Yeah , it was Marble Falls .......... go figure , purple and gold :rolleyes:

hey now..!:twitch:

bearbear78
09-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Happened again....st.Anthony player ejected for hitting a ref. Wow

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-15-2015, 01:11 AM
Another incident from Texas....

http://youtu.be/V2KNNZp3rY0

San Antonio again. What's up with San Antonio kids?

pancho villa
09-15-2015, 08:06 AM
My peeps can't act right!

briandumith*
09-16-2015, 08:31 PM
https://youtu.be/FPhkIMWANR0
"Fox and Friends" just showed us another instance of violence on the high school gridiron.

This time it happened in New Jersey, when a defensive lineman ripped the helmet off of an opposing player and bashed him in the head with it.

The brutal attack by the Linden High School player was caught on camera during the September 11th game against Immaculata. The Linden player was flagged for a personal foul, but not ejected.

The Immaculata offensive tackle stayed on his feet despite the severe blow. He reportedly did not suffer serious injury, but did need 10 stitches after the game.

The Linden player, who has not been identified because he's a juvenile, could face criminal charges.

According to an NJ.com report Tuesday, the high school is still conducting an investigation and has not decided on a punishment.

In a similarly shocking incident in Texas one week before, two players appeared to intentionally target a referee, knocking him to the ground from behind during a play.

LionFan72
09-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Clearly a lack of respect, discipline, and for the game! Quit glorifying the thugs, just shut them out!

coach
09-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Maybe we should remove the refs. Without refs then we wouldnt have this problem. (Gun Control Logic)

Roughneck93
09-18-2015, 10:22 AM
The two players on Good Morning America this morning....

https://vid.me/GWIL

PurplePop
09-18-2015, 10:48 AM

https://vid.me/GWIL
Whoa! Things just got a little more complicated.

1st and goal
09-18-2015, 10:58 AM
Whoa! Things just got a little more complicated.

smdh...will have to watch the vid later. Hope they are apologetic before they get sentenced in Marble Falls.

toddg
09-18-2015, 12:42 PM

https://vid.me/GWIL the bs was pretty deep if you ask me..

pancho villa
09-18-2015, 01:12 PM
mentirosos

Sweetwater Red
09-18-2015, 01:22 PM
mentirosos

No doubt

Roughneck93
09-18-2015, 01:45 PM
the bs was pretty deep if you ask me..

mentirosos

No doubt

Agreed.

PurplePop
09-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Agreed.
I believe the kids (mostly). I don't think a good lawyer would let them go on national TV and just flat out lie. That just makes the situation much worse for the kids. He must have good reason to believe they are telling the truth (or mostly the truth). This situation made me recall an argument my wife and I had several years ago. I told her, "you just pick, pick, pick." Not too bad, right? At least, I didn't think so. Well, my wife slept on the couch that night. Found out the next day she thought I called her a pig face. Who calls anybody a pig face? Fortunately for me, my teenage kids heard the conversation and were able to reassure my wife that I never uttered the words pig face. If I haven't bored you to death with this story yet, you might see where I'm going. Call it a hunch, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the ref said something innocuous that sounded like the "n" word and, in the heat of the moment, somebody (player or coach) on the Jay side was sure it was the "n" word and lost it. Don't get me wrong. That doesn't excuse a thing. But if it happened somewhere along those lines and those kids are telling most or all of the truth, it changes how I look at those kids. And, the coach... Of course, the kids could be completely lying about the coach telling them to hit the ref or maybe the ref did use the "n" word. I personally doubt the kids are lying or the ref used the "n" word. It'll play itself out. We'll see.

briandumith*
09-18-2015, 05:15 PM
I believe the kids (mostly). I don't think a good lawyer would let them go on national TV and just flat out lie. That just makes the situation much worse for the kids. He must have good reason to believe they are telling the truth (or mostly the truth). This situation made me recall an argument my wife and I had several years ago. I told her, "you just pick, pick, pick." Not too bad, right? At least, I didn't think so. Well, my wife slept on the couch that night. Found out the next day she thought I called her a pig face. Who calls anybody a pig face? Fortunately for me, my teenage kids heard the conversation and were able to reassure my wife that I never uttered the words pig face. If I haven't bored you to death with this story yet, you might see where I'm going. Call it a hunch, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the ref said something innocuous that sounded like the "n" word and, in the heat of the moment, somebody (player or coach) on the Jay side was sure it was the "n" word and lost it. Don't get me wrong. That doesn't excuse a thing. But if it happened somewhere along those lines and those kids are telling most or all of the truth, it changes how I look at those kids. And, the coach... Of course, the kids could be completely lying about the coach telling them to hit the ref or maybe the ref did use the "n" word. I personally doubt the kids are lying or the ref used the "n" word. It'll play itself out. We'll see.
As a person that has worked with the unsavory element of society for more than 20 years.. I can tell you those kids are lying... they are just trying to save their butts. they're telling half truths.. since the referee crew was multiracial I hardly think the referee would use the N word around his own coworkers. I do believe the kids when they said the coach told him to do that... they are just trying to save their hide and a lawyer will have you say anything if you pay him enough

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Phantom Stang
09-18-2015, 06:13 PM
I would think there has to be a photo of the coach, that doesn't make him look so cold and smug as the one we keep seeing. It looks as though the Media is trying to portray this as a battle between a bigoted White man, and a militant Black man, with the true perpetrators being innocent pawns.

BwdLion73
09-18-2015, 06:19 PM
As a person that has worked with the unsavory element of society for more than 20 years.. I can tell you those kids are lying... they are just trying to save their butts. they're telling half truths.. since the referee crew was multiracial I hardly think the referee would use the N word around his own coworkers. I do believe the kids when they said the coach told him to do that... they are just trying to save their hide and a lawyer will have you say anything if you pay him enough

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree.

ccmom
09-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Just my opinion but I don't believe the players or the attorney. It's not in this video that's posted here, but on one of the stories that ran this morning the attorney ends it by saying "They didn't do it on purpose"...right after this long explanation of how they were instructed to do so. How is that not "on purpose"? I think they are kids who made an emotional and ridiculous decision and now they regret it. Does that mean they are all around "thugs" etc? No. Kids and adults make stupid decisions all the time but it's how you handle the consequences that defines your character. They deserve to be punished, and hopefully they will learn something from this that will mold them into better men one day. My 2 cents

Phantom Stang
09-18-2015, 06:52 PM
I would think there has to be a photo of the coach, that doesn't make him look so cold and smug as the one we keep seeing. It looks as though the Media is trying to portray this as a battle between a bigoted White man, and a militant Black man, with the true perpetrators being innocent pawns.

I's too late for me too edit, so I'll just say that maybe I should have referred to the players as "somewhat" innocent pawns. They need to learn to personally own their decisions and actions nonetheless.

Roughneck93
09-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Wow....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/23/report-high-school-assistant-coach-admitted-to-ordering-attack/

PurplePop
09-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Wow....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/23/report-high-school-assistant-coach-admitted-to-ordering-attack/
Doesn't surprise me at all. That behavior was just too crazy.

1st and goal
09-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Wow....

Kind of like Ozzie Guillen ordering his pitchers to hit the batsman or else they went back down to the minors.

vincehaass1994
09-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Wow....

Not surprised, being recently graduated, I don't want to begin to imagine how a coach would've reacted if he had no idea what was about to happen. Even though those kids still need to be punished, what they was not ok.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

pancho villa
09-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Now the coach is saying the Ref. made racial comments. BS!!! The coach and kids are lying their a$$ off. It used to be "the devil made me do it" now it's "racial comments made me do it"

I'm going to go rob a bank and if I get caught I,m going to say the Manager called me a mojado. I just better not rob a La Michoacana

hsfootballfan
09-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Gets even more interesting ....

http://www.kens5.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/09/24/jay-assistant-coach-recants-statement-he-ordered-players-hit-ref/72729864/

The Jay High School assistant football coach who admitted he told some of his players to go after a game official before two Mustangs defensive backs attacked umpire Robert Watts in a game against Marble Falls on Sept. 4 has recanted his prior statement about the incident, two sources have told Kens5.com.

Both sources are familiar with the Northside ISD's investigation into the incident, but requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation. Both sources have read Breed's second statement.

In his second statement, secondary coach Mack Breed wrote that he took the blame in the incident to protect the two players from being expelled from school, one of the sources said. But Breed denied that he told the players to go after Watts.

KENS 5's Joe Reinagel reported just prior to Thursday morning's UIL hearing that Breed has resigned, according to UIL sources.

ESPN reported earlier Wednesday Breed admitted his complicity in the incident to Jay principal Robert Harris in a meeting on Sept. 5, saying he "directed the students to make the referee pay for his racial comments and calls."

Harris' signed statement on his interaction with Breed and Jay head football coach Gary Gutierrez following the incident is part of the NISD's investigation into the matter.

But Breed later retracted his original statement, denying he told the players to go after Watts, the two sources confirmed to Kens5.com. Breed's signed second statement is included in the report the NISD sent to the UIL. The players have said Breed told them to go after Watts.

Breed tells a different story in his second statement.

"I wrote a statement on Sept. 5 about an incident that occurred on Sept. 4," Breed wrote in his second statement. "This statement is written to explain why the previous statement was not entirely true.

"I never told anyone to hurt or target anyone on Sept. 4. To understand that statement, you must know who I am. I'm 29 years old and have been coaching for six years. My job in working with these kids means the world to me. I don't have any children, so they are my own sons. I would take a bullet for my kids if I had to.

"That being said, that is what I did Friday night after the game," Breed wrote. "Me and my head coach (Gutierrez) were sitting across from each other on the bus, so we started talking about the events that took place. Throughout the conversation, I started to realize how serious it could be for the boys at that point, so I took the blame for them.

"I did that hoping the kids would still be able to play and not get expelled from school," Breed wrote. "The following day, we were watching film as a staff and I was called into the principal's office to write a statement about what I told the head coach on the bus. Again, I did this thinking the kids would be let off the hook and that everything would be fine.

"Now that I have seen the video and see how they hit the referee, I can no longer take the blame for the incident," Breed wrote. "I never told these players to hurt or injure anyone in that football game. I only made my earlier statement to try and save the boys from being kicked off the team. I wanted more time to teach them discipline and character they need.

"I didn't realize the statement made on Saturday was going to be forwarded to district office. I assumed it was going to be used to help save the kids. Now that I'm giving a formal statement, I want to be honest about the situation that occurred on Friday night.
"If the coach would have told me to write a statement on what happened at the game, I would have wrote one similar to this one," Breed wrote. "Instead, when I wrote a statement about what I told him (Gutierrez) I wrote a false statement based on our conversation from the night before in an effort to protect the kids. That is why the statement from Sept. 5 is so vague."

The UIL State Executive Committee is meeting Thursday in Round Rock to discuss the incident, and could take action in the matter if it has enough information and evidence to do so.

NISD officials did not know whether Breed, 29, and the two players will attend the meeting.

Breed was placed on paid administrative leave pending an NISD investigation after the incident. A 2004 Jay graduate, he has coached at his alma mater since 2011.

The two players have been assigned to the NISD alternative high school for 75 days and can return to class at Jay starting Jan. 15, their attorney said Wednesday. They were suspended from school after the incident.

The University Interscholastic League is the governing body for extracurricular activities for the state's public schools and a handful of private and charter schools.

Several Jay players have alleged Watts directed racial slurs toward black and Hispanic members of the team during the game, according to the NISD's investigation. Watts' attorney, Alan Goldberger, has denied the allegations.

While Breed now denies he told the players to target Watts, there is evidence corroborating the statements by the players that the coach directed them to go after the official, one of the sources said.

"There were numerous kids that said 'Coach Breed told us we've got to make that guy pay. He's been cheating us all night long,'" the source said. "Now did he say, 'Go hit the referee in the back?' Did he say, 'Injure the guy?' Did he say, 'You hit him first and then you spear him second?' I don't think Mack Breed said that. Nobody ever said the coach told them to hit him from the back and hurt him."

The same source said other players told NISD investigators they weren't certain if the directive to take out Watts came from Breed or a player.

Breed could be suspended for a maximum of three years if the State Committee Executive rules that he influenced the players to target the official. Breed will be prohibited from coaching at a UIL school until he goes before the State Executive Committee.

BwdLion73
09-24-2015, 01:12 PM
What a mess. He should have stopped digging a long time ago.

Roughneck93
09-24-2015, 04:34 PM
:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: