PDA

View Full Version : Argyle

Aguilafanatico
09-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Several former Eagles in action today for their college teams.

WR Ian Sadler of Texas Tech playing Sam Houston State on Fox SW. Just scored another TD!
K Cole Hedlund kicking for Arkansas vs UTEP on ESPNU
LB Sam Sizelove playing for Kansas St tonight vs South Dakota
RB Nick Ralston playing tonight on ESPN vs A&M (true freshman could get a little action from what I hear)

Really cool to be able to flip around the channels and see several Eagles playing on Saturday.

Aesculus gilmus
09-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Good to hear about those Argyle guys having success at the next level.

I just happen to be watching the game between the Rice Owls and the Wagner Seahawks right now on the American Sports Network. Luke Turner of Gilmer just came in to run the Wild Owl inside the 10. He scored on his second keeper. Luke is planning to go into college football coaching as a career after he graduates from Rice next spring.

His dad, Matt Turner, is now our Buckeyes head coach. Next week Luke and the Owls will travel to Austin to face his former head coach, Jeff Traylor, now tight ends/special teams coach for the Longhorns. I expect the Longhorns will be in a foul mood after being routed by Notre Dame, but we'll know in a few hours whether I'm wrong about that prediction.

bearbear78
09-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Several former Eagles in action today for their college teams.

WR Ian Sadler of Texas Tech playing Sam Houston State on Fox SW. Just scored another TD!
K Cole Hedlund kicking for Arkansas vs UTEP on ESPNU
LB Sam Sizelove playing for Kansas St tonight vs South Dakota
RB Nick Ralston playing tonight on ESPN vs A&M (true freshman could get a little action from what I hear)

Really cool to be able to flip around the channels and see several Eagles playing on Saturday.
I'd love to see Ralston get on the field. Loved watching him unless it was against us!

hollywood
09-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Cool stuff! Love the fact that several other ex 4A football players around the state getting some action as well. Last night, true freshman Jarrett Stidham (Stephenville) threw a 42 yard TD pass for his first collegiate pass as a Baylor Bear. Thursday night, another true freshman Mike Freeze (Graham), started for TCU vs Minnisota. Exciting stuff

Wayne
09-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Freeze looked good the other night! I also got to see Stidham throw his first touchdown. Going to see Ian play at Jerry World against Baylor. Would love to see Nick Ralston get some touches tonight. These young men are what make Friday Nights special, and Saturdays worth channel surfing.

Tejastrue
09-05-2015, 09:53 PM
This is awesome!! :clap:

briandumith*
09-05-2015, 09:56 PM
This I truly love... 4a vibe in D1!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dawgs
09-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Bogie started off his season Thursday with a pick 6 on his first pass attempt as a red shirt freshman against a top 25 Arizona team. He then almost carried his team to a huge upset while passing for over 300 yards, 2 TD in the air and 1 on the ground. Broke a school record for passing yards and total offense in a game (program is only 5 years old). A record he will break many times over before his career is up. Bogie is straight up jacked. IMO some big time D1 teams missed out on this kid. Also saw Adrain Goodacre (former Carthage oline) playing for ULL on ESPN. Didn't see Ed Pope in there for A&M today. Some other ETX guys: Daylon Mack looks like he will be a 1st rounder in a couple of years. Played good for his first start, in on a lot of plays. Josh Walker from Gilmer starting LB for A&M got hurt or had some kind of problem, but he's another 4a (3a) kid. He played good in limited action early. Kris Boyd made some plays on ST. Looks like he is going to get plenty of PT as the season goes on.

CP3Dad
09-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Going to TCU v Tech in a few weeks...my Red Raider blood will have me pulling for Sadler over Freeze...never thought I'd say that...both played great this week