PDA

View Full Version : Argyle at Celina

Pages : [1] 2

d0tc0m
09-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Might as well get this one going. There aren't many Bobcat posters around anymore, for whatever reason. But I know the Argyle faithful are alive and well, and well spoken on here.

This has the makings of a very good matchup this season. Argyle is a top 5 team in DI and the Bobcats are a top 5 team in DII. Both are undefeated with two quality wins under their belt, although I clearly give the schedule difficulty nod to the Eagles. Wins over Wylie and 5A Denison are a little more impressive than Celina's wins over Liberty Christian (thought they're a good TAPPS team, for what that's worth) and Dallas Bryan Adams.

These two teams have squared off seven times since 2004. Celina won the first three matchups by a combined score of 128-33, and Argyle has pretty well dominated the last four in a row by a combined score of 178-63. Last year's matchup was the closest of the series, with the Eagles rallying late for a 41-29 victory.

Coming into this year, there's no question that each team is very talented and has title hopes. Even without UNC signee Nathan Elliot at QB, Celina looks to be a better team this season, especially defensively. The Eagles, on the other hand, brought back a load of talent, but lost the QB and all-everything RB Nick Ralston, who won the game almost single handedly last season.

In two games this year, Argyle is averaging 317.5 yards and 35 points per game on offense. They've been fairly balanced, with 119 yards rushing and 198.5 yards passing per game.

Celina, on the other hand has been very explosive on offense, averaging 461.5 yards and 47 points per game. The Bobcats have averaged 239.5 yards (7 total TD) on the ground and 222 yards (5 total TD) through the air.

Defensively, Argyle has allowed 363.5 yards and 21 points per game (115.5 rush, 222 pass), but those numbers are a bit skewed, because I'm sure Denison put up a lot of points/yards against 2nd and 3rd string Eagles — some of the Argyle faithful can probably chime in a bit more on that.

The Bobcats have given up 297.5 yards and 24 points per game this season (80.5 rush, 219.5 pass). Much the same, the numbers are misleading. Celina's starting defense has essentially given up just 19 total points this season, with the rest coming against the 2nd and 3rd string defenses. The Bobcats' best cover corner is also still out with a thumb injury until district.

Whichever way you shape it or frame it, this looks to be like a solid matchup. I think you've got to give the edge to Argyle simply based on recent history, early season strength of schedule and returning starters. That said, this could very well be the year the Bobcats get back on top of this rivalry.

Here's to a week of healthy practices and an incredible environment at Bobcat Stadium come Friday! Go Bobcats!

Leopardfan201
09-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Give me Argyle by 17...the best team other than Navasota in division 1

slingshot
09-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Argyle. Big.

RPF2666
09-06-2015, 07:34 AM
It will be a good gauge for a new Celina team. For years there was a lot of hype around the Class of 2015 and with that
gone, the supporting cast is stepping in (UP ?). Love what we've seen so far and look forward to what is always a guarantee
with Argyl these days... a TEST!

Wayne
09-06-2015, 08:45 AM
As always, this will be another good game to see. My prediction is Argyle by 10

Celina8
09-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Hey I love my Bobcats , but I think the Argyle offensive line will control this game. I think Argyle will score at least 40 points on us and we will struggle to get 20.

d0tc0m
09-07-2015, 11:21 AM
On paper, it's just hard to pick against Argyle. But I do think this Celina team has the ability to come away with a big win this Friday. I'm with RPF, though. Win or lose, the Bobcats should walk away with a good idea of where they're at as a team this season. There's no doubt the Eagles are title contenders, and if the Bobcats want to be title contenders too, Friday should tell us a lot about whether or not that's a reality.

I think Celina is a legitimate title contender this year, however. I think this Bobcat defense is pretty far ahead of where the defense was a year ago. Not to mention, from people I've talked to around town, the team just seems to have a different, intangible feel to it than last year's squad.

The key in this game will come down to whether or not the Bobcats defensive line can hold its own against Argyle's big front, and make some plays in the backfield or create some pressure on the quarterback. On the offensive side of the ball, you've got to feed the horse and let him run. If Celina can establish a running attack early with Alexander, it could be a fun night for the Bobcats. I think Pingleton took some big steps last week at QB, even if it was against Bryan Adams, and I think he has plenty of weapons on the outside to create some problems for Argyle and soften up that secondary a bit with a pretty good passing attack.

slingshot
09-07-2015, 12:31 PM
No doubt, Argyle will show you what you need to work on and expose your weaknesses. Beating up on weaker teams may look good on paper and poils but does nothing to improve your team.

bearbear78
09-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Gonna go with the Eagles by 14...a lot of folks, me included have wanted to see what they can do without #22.....before long we might be thinking that ole "be careful what you wish for"

regaleagle
09-07-2015, 09:41 PM
It's so easy to discount Celina in this matchup.....mainly because of what has happened in the past 4 meetings. BUT......every season should stand on its own merits, and so far Celina has looked very capable and does have some support from the polls. The game will be played IN CELINA.....so that's another variable to consider. They've got that good RB Jarren Alexander, and some big ol' boys on the O-line. Celina's always had athletes, so playing them at their place with the rivalry thing going on year in and year out for quite a while, you just can't automatically say "Argyle wins big". I really don't think Argyle will win "big" in this one.....by one point would be great!!!.

Wayne
09-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Definitely gonna be a good one. I think I'm gonna camp out under the bleachers on the visitor side the night before. Make sure I get a seat for this one. Friday Night can't come soon enough.

bleedgreen
09-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Definitely gonna be a good one. I think I'm gonna camp out under the bleachers on the visitor side the night before. Make sure I get a seat for this one. Friday Night can't come soon enough.

I enjoyed watching Sadler play in the Texas Tech game. I hope he gets even more involved as the season goes on.

Aguilafanatico
09-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Good game early, Argyle wins

d0tc0m
09-08-2015, 01:28 PM
It's so easy to discount Celina in this matchup.....mainly because of what has happened in the past 4 meetings. BUT......every season should stand on its own merits, and so far Celina has looked very capable and does have some support from the polls. The game will be played IN CELINA.....so that's another variable to consider. They've got that good RB Jarren Alexander, and some big ol' boys on the O-line. Celina's always had athletes, so playing them at their place with the rivalry thing going on year in and year out for quite a while, you just can't automatically say "Argyle wins big". I really don't think Argyle will win "big" in this one.....by one point would be great!!!.

I think that's a bit of what happens. Celina used to be on the receiving end of people saying, 'Celina big' for a long time. Recent history has slowed that, however, and the Eagles are now in that situation. But when you look at some of the matchups in this game, it appears a bit more balanced. I thought coming into this season there was a good chance Celina could be even better than the team that was hyped last year, and it certainly appears to be the case. I think Celina has enough offensive weapons and a defense that has improved enough to allow the Bobcats to pull off the upset.

Argyle is Argyle, so they have to be the clear favorites by virtue of what they've done in the past five-six years. But i think Celina establishes itself as a legitimate state title contender with a big win on Friday. The Bobcats are in need of a signature win like this, too. Been a while since Celina has gutted out a game it wasn't supposed to win against a superior team. A win like that pays dividends down the road.

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Eagles by 14

Celina8
09-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Man , I have read this story before to many times . Home field advantage will not make one yards difference in this game for the Bobcats . Argyle brings their entire community to these games and Argyle as had no problems beating the sox off Celina before at home as 2012 showed us when it was a big game for the district title . The game was over before halftime as I remember. Argyle has played against several great running backs from last years run to State so they want be seeing anything different with Alexander. Celina will be the team that has to adjust as they are taking a big jump in competition of play as compared to the two teams they have played. The speed of the game will be much different as well as the size of the team. If we keep it within 14 points I will actually be pleased , but I just don't see it being that close.

d0tc0m
09-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Man , I have read this story before to many times . Home field advantage will not make one yards difference in this game for the Bobcats . Argyle brings their entire community to these games and Argyle as had no problems beating the sox off Celina before at home as 2012 showed us when it was a big game for the district title . The game was over before halftime as I remember. Argyle has played against several great running backs from last years run to State so they want be seeing anything different with Alexander. Celina will be the team that has to adjust as they are taking a big jump in competition of play as compared to the two teams they have played. The speed of the game will be much different as well as the size of the team. If we keep it within 14 points I will actually be pleased , but I just don't see it being that close.

Well, come Friday, I hope the Bobcats have enough in them to please you.

Caveman
09-08-2015, 03:32 PM

Remind me, was it last year that Celina clicking on all cylinders until their quarterback got injured. Tell you what, if that didn't happen I don't know what the outcome of that game would have been. I was worried, and I'm not just blowin smoke.

Celina8
09-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Well, come Friday, I hope the Bobcats have enough in them to please you.

I would love that and trust me I want nothing but the best for my Bobcats. Been in this community all my life and can go back to the days when the program was just starting its winning tradition in the late 60's . Make it all the way to Regional to only get beat by Chillicothe each time.

regaleagle
09-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I'm hoping Argyle will have another good showing, but you can never be certain when you play a team with the pedigree of a Celina. I feel that both squads will be very good when it counts most come playoff time, but that both teams are still a "work in progress" to find their best team chemistry at this juncture. There will be some mistakes made again this week that probably won't be made later in the season, so it just depends on how costly those mistakes turn out to be. I expect both teams to come well-prepared for an exciting and hard-hitting game. Good luck to both teams. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
09-09-2015, 01:05 PM
I've been reviewing the offensive stats the last 2 games for Argyle, and I've gotta say I'm not overly impressed with the numbers generated so far. Just over a couple of hundred yards rushing and somewhere right at 400 yds. total passing in both games. That's an average of about 120 yds. rushing/game and 200 yds. passing/game. Not too bad, considering the competition so far, but looks like the running game needs some wheels. That's only 60 yds/half....or 15 yds/quarter rushing the football. Not enough against a very good defensive club. The passing yardage doesn't break down much better either@ 100 yds./half and 50 yds/quarter. Of course, it's still early in the season and it was a given that the offense had more development work ahead than the defense did. Methinks this Celina game will be a real test for the Argyle offense. I expect the Eagle D to perform above and beyond the call of duty. Celina will try to make Argyle one dimensional by stopping the run. Then they'll load up the pass rush on Ledford and play pass defense with their secondary. I think that's what the Bobcat coaches have seen and will gameplan for. Argyle will need to effectively run the ball better this week to give Ledford time to find his receivers. The size of the Eagle O-line is a big plus for Argyle.....when they finally come together better as a blocking unit. They are still learning to mesh as a cohesive unit. These are some of the keys of the game to watch for, imo. Of course, I know very little about Celina.....except for the amount of points they have scored and given up to their 2 previous opponents. I do know that Bobcat RB Jarren Alexander is a breakaway threat at anytime, but so does the Argyle coaches, haha.

Caveman
09-09-2015, 03:07 PM
I've been reviewing the offensive stats the last 2 games for Argyle, and I've gotta say I'm not overly impressed with the numbers generated so far. Just over a couple of hundred yards rushing and somewhere right at 400 yds. total passing in both games. That's an average of about 120 yds. rushing/game and 200 yds. passing/game. Not too bad, considering the competition so far, but looks like the running game needs some wheels. That's only 60 yds/half....or 15 yds/quarter rushing the football. Not enough against a very good defensive club. The passing yardage doesn't break down much better either@ 100 yds./half and 50 yds/quarter. Of course, it's still early in the season and it was a given that the offense had more development work ahead than the defense did. Methinks this Celina game will be a real test for the Argyle offense. I expect the Eagle D to perform above and beyond the call of duty. Celina will try to make Argyle one dimensional by stopping the run. Then they'll load up the pass rush on Ledford and play pass defense with their secondary. I think that's what the Bobcat coaches have seen and will gameplan for. Argyle will need to effectively run the ball better this week to give Ledford time to find his receivers. The size of the Eagle O-line is a big plus for Argyle.....when they finally come together better as a blocking unit. They are still learning to mesh as a cohesive unit. These are some of the keys of the game to watch for, imo. Of course, I know very little about Celina.....except for the amount of points they have scored and given up to their 2 previous opponents. I do know that Bobcat RB Jarren Alexander is a breakaway threat at anytime, but so does the Argyle coaches, haha.

Here's one consideration that changes your numbers. 5 interceptions. When you get the ball on their side of the field there's no need for long drives. Celina is going to have one side of the field to pass to because it looks like the younger Sadler is going to be his brother's equivalent on defense. He has locked down his side of the field these past two weeks.

d0tc0m
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Argyle has plenty of weapons to support their run game. With McCook, Estrada and Chalk as passing threats, you can't over-commit to the run. I think for Celina, it comes down to whether or not they can get pressure on Argyle's young QB. He looks like he's gonna be a good one down the road, and now might be the best time to get pressure and force mistakes. Of course, he has a phenomenal offensive line. But if the Bobcats' d-line can find a way to get him in 3rd-and-longs, it will certainly take pressure off the secondary.

The other key for Celina is not turning the ball over. Also, they have to limit the big play on defense. They've got to make Argyle sustain long drives, but they just can't give up the home run plays.

bobcat1
09-09-2015, 06:14 PM
I haven't seen either team this year but do know Argyle has hung huge numbers on good and great teams in the recent past. Until proven otherwise they will be heavily favored in this game as everyone has picked them to win "BIG". If I played for Celina I would make sure I knew my assignment as a player and bow my neck. Guess you might say I would play with a chip on my shoulder. Kinda challenges a young man's manhood to be picked a loser if you know what I mean. Go Bobcats!

Aguilafanatico
09-09-2015, 08:49 PM
I haven't seen either team this year but do know Argyle has hung huge numbers on good and great teams in the recent past. Until proven otherwise they will be heavily favored in this game as everyone has picked them to win "BIG". If I played for Celina I would make sure I knew my assignment as a player and bow my neck. Guess you might say I would play with a chip on my shoulder. Kinda challenges a young man's manhood to be picked a loser if you know what I mean. Go Bobcats!

Well, back to the drawing board.....Argyle is the underdog according to Pigskin Prep. Assume it doubly challenges a young mans's manhood to be picked a loser, especially given their recent past. I hear the pins being shoved into the bulletin board now.:2thumbsup

bobcat1
09-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Well, back to the drawing board.....Argyle is the underdog according to Pigskin Prep. Assume it doubly challenges a young mans's manhood to be picked a loser, especially given their recent past. I hear the pins being shoved into the bulletin board now.:2thumbsup
No Way the Mighty Argyle is the underdog. No way. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I was born at night just not last night.

Aguilafanatico
09-09-2015, 09:56 PM
No Way the Mighty Argyle is the underdog. No way. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I was born at night just not last night.

Should be a great game. Hope I can get a seat.

Sparker
09-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Day be fo!

d0tc0m
09-10-2015, 10:06 AM
I'm not entirely sure what the Pigskin Preps folks based their prediction on, but I still don't see Celina as the favorite. But it doesn't really matter who is the favorite and who is the underdog, these are two good teams and it should be a fun matchup. Here's to a healthy/safe game for both sides. Win or lose, I know this game will be a big stepping stone for the Bobcats.

Aguilafanatico
09-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Day be fo!

:2thumbsup

Aguilafanatico
09-10-2015, 01:13 PM
OK enough of the niceties. Argyle wins this game by 20+. Celina is considered a favorite because why.....they won games vs Liberty Christian and Bryan Adams??? Liberty is Argyle's farm team and Bryan Adams is a washed up Canadian musician. Come on now. Argyle has made it to two straight state championship games winning them both........sorry Freudian slip:doh:....winning one and losing the other in double OT. This is an experienced team, coming off a state championship appearance, with a ton of returning talent. This team is for real.
Jerry's computer must be serviced by the same folks that work on BrianDumith's.... Time to reboot.

GO EAGLES!!

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2015, 01:28 PM
OK enough of the niceties. Argyle wins this game by 20+. Celina is considered a favorite because why.....they won games vs Liberty Christian and Bryan Adams??? Liberty is Argyle's farm team and Bryan Adams is a washed up Canadian musician. Come on now. Argyle has made it to two straight state championship games winning them both........sorry Freudian slip:doh:....winning one and losing the other in double OT. This is an experienced team, coming off a state championship appearance, with a ton of returning talent. This team is for real.
Jerry's computer must be serviced by the same folks that work on BrianDumith's.... Time to reboot.

GO EAGLES!!

That's just mean! :D

d0tc0m
09-10-2015, 01:31 PM

GO EAGLES!!

Liberty Christian beats a washed up Denison team. Other than that, all good points.

Aguilafanatico
09-10-2015, 01:37 PM
That's just mean! :D

Sorry man. Every computer needs a tune-up occasionally. Maybe mine? We shall see.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Sorry man. Every computer needs a tune-up occasionally. Maybe mine? We shall see.

Guess I should've edited some of your post out. I was referring to the Bryan Adams comment. :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Liberty Christian beats a washed up Denison team.

Denison's current HC is a long time member of this board and still posts occasionally.
I bet he'll enjoy reading this. Lol

Aguilafanatico
09-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Guess I should've edited some of your post out. I was referring to the Bryan Adams comment. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but they were good in the Summer of 69.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2015, 01:48 PM

I see what you did there.

d0tc0m
09-10-2015, 01:50 PM

Sheesh, that's harsh. Cuts like a knife.

Aguilafanatico
09-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Sheesh, that's harsh. Cuts like a knife.

Just calling it as I see it. Not going to Run To You for support.

d0tc0m
09-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Just calling it as I see it. Not going to Run To You for support.

I guess that's just what you do When You Love Someone. Please Forgive Me if I don't speak Straight From The Heart.

slingshot
09-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Just calling it as I see it. Not going to Run To You for support.Next week Argyle will be thinking 'Those were the best days of my life... '.

Aguilafanatico
09-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Next week Argyle will be thinking 'Those were the best days of my life... '.

Next week, Steers wilt in the Heat of the Night.

Aguilafanatico
09-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Denison's current HC is a long time member of this board and still posts occasionally.
I bet he'll enjoy reading this. Lol

I'm not saying anything negative about Denison for sure. To the contrary, they are a good team and have some stud athletes. Maybe Argyle is pretty good? I honestly don't think Liberty Christian beats Denison if they were to play. D0tc0m does but I have had the benefit of seeing both play, one in person and the other on film. Just my opinion though.

Wayne
09-10-2015, 04:11 PM

GO EAGLES!!

That's funny right there! I don't care who you are!

bobcat1
09-10-2015, 05:31 PM

GO EAGLES!!Wish I could tag Briandunith about now. LOL

bobcat1
09-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Should be a great game. Hope I can get a seat.
That's funny right there. hehe

Wayne
09-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Has the visitors seating changed? Is there more bleachers than in the past?

Eagle Nation
09-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Wayne, unless they added seats last year, we better get there before 7 to get a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne
09-10-2015, 07:28 PM
Thanks Eagle Nation, that looks like the plan.

bobcat1
09-10-2015, 10:14 PM
I'd suggest getting there when school lets out.

Sparker
09-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Eagles Offense Rolls Tonight...✔

Aguilafanatico
09-11-2015, 08:21 AM

I'm thinking the same thing. :2thumbsup

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 10:05 AM

They certainly have the pieces to get it rolling tonight. Could be a barnburner, especially if Celina doesn't turn the ball over. It certainly looks like the Bobcats can move the ball on the Argyle defense too.

Aguilafanatico
09-11-2015, 11:35 AM
They certainly have the pieces to get it rolling tonight. Could be a barnburner, especially if Celina doesn't turn the ball over. It certainly looks like the Bobcats can move the ball on the Argyle defense too.

If the Argyle D keeps playing like they have in the first couple of weeks I'm not so certain. Celina O looks like they are ahead of their D but the #1 defense for Argyle has been awesome. Avg points per game allowed only 11.5. I'm not sure Celina moves the ball on Argyle as you suggest but it is the matchup of the night imo.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 11:43 AM
The Celina fans have been eerily quiet about their team this season.....has anyone noticed? It's almost like they think they know something, but have decided to stay quiet until this game with Argyle is played. Or maybe they have high hopes for this team, but really don't want to jinx them by saying so, haha. I really dunno what to think, but it just seems like there is no talk whatsoever about any of their personnel, coaches, offensive schemes, defense, kicking game......or any of that normal pregame football chatter before such a big game. It's not unusual for Argyle to be relatively nondescript(except for aguilafanatico) about how this game might go. But at least some of the posters have chimed in about Argyle, but not much from the Celina fans. I will say this: If Celina thinks they can effectively run the ball down the throat of this Eagles D then they will find out tonite that the Argyle coaches will quickly make any adjustments necessary to shut down the Bobcat running game. I totally expect Celina to try the old power sweep plays with pulling guards and tackles, and then to try quick hitters with Alexander up the gut to keep the Eagles D guessing. If they try to go to a passing game(they will not) they will put their qb at risk of injury with the kind of pass rush this Eagles D can generate. NOPE.....they will keep the ball on the ground most of the game and try to shorten this game and the number of possessions for the Argyle offense. They will want to go toe-to-toe in the trenches and feel that is their best scheme for winning this game. I think they may be surprised by the speed of this Eagles team both on offense and defense. It should be an interesting game to watch.....or in my case, to listen to. I suspect that Orange will greatly outnumber Black and Red in the stadium tonite, which should be absolutely packed and Standing Room Only surrounding the entire oval. Lots of interest in this one, as usual.....but perhaps moreso this year for the Celina faithful. We will all know more about both teams after tonite.

Celina8
09-11-2015, 12:51 PM
The Celina fans have been eerily quiet about their team this season.....has anyone noticed? It's almost like they think they know something, but have decided to stay quiet until this game with Argyle is played. Or maybe they have high hopes for this team, but really don't want to jinx them by saying so, haha. I really dunno what to think, but it just seems like there is no talk whatsoever about any of their personnel, coaches, offensive schemes, defense, kicking game......or any of that normal pregame football chatter before such a big game. It's not unusual for Argyle to be relatively nondescript(except for aguilafanatico) about how this game might go. But at least some of the posters have chimed in about Argyle, but not much from the Celina fans. I will say this: If Celina thinks they can effectively run the ball down the throat of this Eagles D then they will find out tonite that the Argyle coaches will quickly make any adjustments necessary to shut down the Bobcat running game. I totally expect Celina to try the old power sweep plays with pulling guards and tackles, and then to try quick hitters with Alexander up the gut to keep the Eagles D guessing. If they try to go to a passing game(they will not) they will put their qb at risk of injury with the kind of pass rush this Eagles D can generate. NOPE.....they will keep the ball on the ground most of the game and try to shorten this game and the number of possessions for the Argyle offense. They will want to go toe-to-toe in the trenches and feel that is their best scheme for winning this game. I think they may be surprised by the speed of this Eagles team both on offense and defense. It should be an interesting game to watch.....or in my case, to listen to. I suspect that Orange will greatly outnumber Black and Red in the stadium tonite, which should be absolutely packed and Standing Room Only surrounding the entire oval. Lots of interest in this one, as usual.....but perhaps moreso this year for the Celina faithful. We will all know more about both teams after tonite.

The reason it is so quite from the Celina side is that this years team is about like last years team. Argyle will beat us tonight and it could be ugly ( Gilmer comes to mind) . We then will play Bishop Lynch who stomped us pretty good last year then roll thru the rest of the schedule until we meet Sweetwater and if we get past them then Gilmer again will be our downfall. We are not going to get another State Title this year. It is not that type of team and if we did have that type of team there would be more Bobcat fans on this board than you could possibly imagine just as it would be with many other teams including Argyle. Have not seen one Kilgor fan on the board this season buy when they were a top 5 team seems to me a lot of them were posting.

marler1972
09-11-2015, 01:05 PM

yeah backwords

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 01:05 PM
The reason it is so quite from the Celina side is that this years team is about like last years team. Argyle will beat us tonight and it could be ugly ( Gilmer comes to mind) . We then will play Bishop Lynch who stomped us pretty good last year then roll thru the rest of the schedule until we meet Sweetwater and if we get past them then Gilmer again will be our downfall. We are not going to get another State Title this year. It is not that type of team and if we did have that type of team there would be more Bobcat fans on this board than you could possibly imagine just as it would be with many other teams including Argyle. Have not seen one Kilgor fan on the board this season buy when they were a top 5 team seems to me a lot of them were posting.

Serious question, because I really am curious, have you been to both the games this season?

Celina8
09-11-2015, 01:25 PM
dOtcOm, I will be more than thrilled if I am wrong and not trying to stir up a fight but this team is pretty much like last years team. We were a good team last year that benefited greatly from being in Region 1 which allowed us to go deeper into the playoffs than if we would have stayed in Region 2 . We will let the game be played tonight and the Bobcats will play hard and they always make me proud.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 01:50 PM
dOtcOm, I will be more than thrilled if I am wrong and not trying to stir up a fight but this team is pretty much like last years team. We were a good team last year that benefited greatly from being in Region 1 which allowed us to go deeper into the playoffs than if we would have stayed in Region 2 . We will let the game be played tonight and the Bobcats will play hard and they always make me proud.

You just answered a whole lot of questions that I didn't ask, and somehow in a roundabout way you told me everything I need to know. Thanks!

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 01:53 PM

ccmom
09-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Great job with the Bryan Adams references....made me laugh out loud. :clap:

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2015, 02:03 PM
We were a good team last year that benefited greatly from being in Region 1 which allowed us to go deeper into the playoffs than if we would have stayed in Region 2 .

This ^^^^ and there is even more disparity this year. But, in all fairness, Region II wasn't exactly stellar. It was Gilmer and Gladewater and that's about it.

Class 4A Division 2 Region I ratings (2015)

4A - 3 Celina (2-0) 173.42
4A - 2 Sweetwater (2-0) 171.12
4A - 1 Vernon (0-2) 151.89
4A - 4 Dallas Lincoln (1-1) 150.10
4A - 2 Monahans (1-1) 148.24
4A - 3 Bridgeport (2-0) 146.95
4A - 1 Bushland (1-1) 146.25
4A - 3 Krum (1-1) 145.05
4A - 4 Godley (1-1) 141.04
4A - 1 Perryton (1-1) 139.79
4A - 2 Midland Greenwood (1-1) 138.93
4A - 4 Dallas Madison (1-1) 138.52
4A - 4 Ferris (0-2) 135.69
4A - 3 Anna (0-2) 133.43
4A - 4 Venus (1-1) 131.70
4A - 1 Iowa Park (1-1) 131.59
4A - 2 Fort Stockton (0-2) 130.09
4A - 2 Pecos (1-1) 128.78
4A - 1 Dalhart (1-1) 123.45
4A - 3 Aubrey (0-2) 118.06
4A - 4 Dallas Roosevelt (1-1) 116.46
4A - 2 Lamesa (0-1) 113.70
4A - 3 Bonham (0-2) 112.40

Class 4A Division 2 Region II ratings

4A - 5 Gilmer (15-0) 192.26
4A - 6 Gladewater (11-2) 175.19
4A - 6 Atlanta (12-2) 165.97
4A - 6 Tatum (7-6) 160.83
4A - 8 Coldspring-Oakhurst (9-3) 157.66
4A - 7 Fairfield (9-3) 156.12
4A - 7 Mexia (7-4) 150.03
4A - 7 Waco Connally (7-5) 147.05
4A - 5 Bullard (7-4) 145.44
4A - 6 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (6-5) 143.07

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 05:36 PM
We're moving closer to that 7 pm pregame time, and I'm still wondering about this year's Celina Bobcat team. Argyle will win the kicking game for sure.....Estrada has kick touchbacks on just about every kickoff this season for the Eagles. And Caleb Holt hit a 45-yarder against Wylie, and then another long one against Denison. Estrada punts and has a pretty effective range. So if the Bobcat defense turns out to be pretty salty, Argyle will not hesitate to bring in Holt. And I believe the field position will favor Argyle most of the game with Estrada's leg. So that's tons right there FOR Argyle if the game becomes a defensive battle. If it turns out to be a shootout(which I highly doubt), then the fans will be treated to lots of excitement with the scoring. I'm very interested in this 3rd week game to see how the Eagles offense is progressing behind Ledford. Celina should be a very worthy litmus test for the Eagles on both sides of the ball tonite. I noticed Argyle has not been committing very many penalties so far this season....so that is a good sign from the players as a group. I believe the Argyle coaching staff has done a pretty fair job early on this season to get these boys ready for the stiff competition we will meet this year in the Region II D-1 playoffs.

I will be recording some of the action on this thread tonite as the game kicks at 7:30. It will be slanted from the call of the Argyle Broadcasting Network. I type what I hear.....what can I say? At least it will give us an account of how the game is going. Good luck to both teams and GO EAGLES!!!

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Hope all you Argylians made/make it over to Celina safely. Here's to a healthy, clean game on both sides. Should be a fun one. Go Bobcats!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:05 PM
A north wind at Bobcat Stadium for cooler temperatures tonite in Celina for this rivalry game. 82 degrees here on the field at gametime. It is a fairly windy evening. Everything is painted Orange, including some hay bales. The lights even have an orange hue when they are turned on later tonite. The pregame is officially underway. :smoker:

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Last year's game in Argyle ended up 41-29 as an Eagles win. The Bobcats would like to avenge that loss tonite.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Connor Pingleton is the Jr. QB for Celina this season, and saw action last year in this game when Nathan Elliot went down with an injury before halftime. He saw plenty of action in the backup role last season and has gotten off to a good start this season. Pingleton is 6'0, 180 under center. Jarren Alexander is the featured RB and he is a senior this season. He has breakaway speed and also carries a punch at about 225 lbs.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Argyle may be subjected to a few trickeration plays or some surprise quick snaps by Celina tonite at any time. They will have to be ready and lined up properly on defense if and when these types of things occur. Celina is a well-coached team and that is their history.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Pingleton will run tonite and is averaging 10 yds per carry. So the Argyle D will try to keep him under control. The coin toss is happening now. The wind is out of the NNW at 16 mph. I think Argyle won the toss and will kick.....they never said.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Bobcat band plays the national anthem on Patriot Day, so the flag is at half-mast. Now for the pregame player. Set for kickoff here at Bobcat Stadium. Argyle will be in White jerseys and Red pants w/White helmets. Argyle won the toss and elected to receive.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Solid Orange on one side and a Black Out on the Argyle side as both sides are full and packed. Here's the kickoff. Linedrive at the goalline taken by Dillon Sadler and he is dropped at the 14 yd. line.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Taylor Sweatt takes the handoff on 1st down and goes absolutely nowhere. 2nd and 10 is a throw to McCook at the sideline and he is hit and drops the ball in the air. 3rd and 10 is a bubble screen overthrown to McCook. 3 and out for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Estrada punts a line drive to the 38 and it is run back to the Celina 48 before it is fumbled, but Celina jumps on the ball.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 07:34 PM
TD Bobcats!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Jarren Alexander takes a handoff on 1st down for 7 yds. to the Argyle 45. 2nd down goes for a first down on a run to the Argyle 37.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Bit of a lag in the Argyle broadcast Regal.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Connor Pingleton takes a keeper with a pulling lineman and plows over Colten Liggett on the corner as Pingleton runs free for a 37 yd Bobcat touchdown. The kick is good. 10 mins. left in the 1st quarter.

Celina 7
Argyle 0

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Argyle Broadcast team is talking too much and not calling the game. Argyle starts at their own 25 to start. McCook takes it out to the 34 for 9 yd gain.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Connor Pingleton takes a keeper with a pulling lineman and plows over Colten Liggett on the corner as Pingleton runs free for a 37 yd Bobcat touchdown. The kick is good. 10 mins. left in the 1st quarter.

Celina 7
Argyle 0 That pulling lineman was the running back Jarron Alexander.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Ledford keeps it out to the 45 and steps out of bounds for another first down.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Ledford overthrows Estrada with the wind at his back. If he hits that pass correctly, Estrada scores.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Ledford rolls and cannot find a receiver and is dropped after 3 yds. Argyle will punt. Estrada punts it down to the 15 and it is taken back to the 20.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Chase Estrada made that tackle. Celina handoffs to Alexander for a 5 yd gain on first.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Alexander outside to the 30 for another first down for Celina.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Flag down here. Handoff went to John Franklin, a receiver. Against Argyle.....a personal foul for mixing it up. Celina now at the Argyle 49 after the 15 yd penalty.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 07:45 PM
TD Bobcats.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Alexander stopped after a yard. Alexander now hurdles a player and fumbles the ball, but they will call it dead.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Now Pingleton throws a sideline pass and the two Argyle defenders run into each other as the receiver has a free sideline to the goalline. Celina scores another TD.....a 49 yd pass and run. Kick is good.

Celina 14
Argyle 0

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Argyle gave away that series to Celina with a personal foul and the blown coverage boo-boo. They will have to regain their composure now.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Nice!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Ty Smith limps off the field. He's Argyle's number one lineman, and has dealt with that ankle injury since the Wylie game.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:51 PM
When did Argyle score???

I fixed it. Thanks for keeping me up.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:52 PM
3rd and 9 and Drew Estrada takes the catch from Ledford at the Argyle 40 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Now Ledford barely overthrows Estrada from the pocket. Sweatt takes a handoff for 3 yds now. 3rd and 7 for Argyle.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 07:53 PM
I fixed it. Thanks for keeping me up.

LOL I went back and edited mine. I'll leave it to you sir. You are doing a great job.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Ledford rolls and takes off running, but is short by a yard at the 49. 4th and one here right at midfield. Argyle will go for it.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Handoff to Sweatt up the middle and he's right at the 50, but the spot will be close. He was hit right at the line, but spun and now its being measured. He got it by the nose of the football for a first down.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:56 PM
JC Chalk suited up tonite sick, so he's not in the lineup on a lot of these plays.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Ledford is dropped for a big loss on firstdown. Now its 2nd and 18 as the throw goes to Estrada for a 45 yd. pass and catch.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Now Gage McCook scores around end with some good blocks. The kick is good.

Celina 14
Argyle 7

Now its right, Bobcat 1. I was just ahead of things, haha.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 07:59 PM
TD Argyle Yep you were prophetic

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Estrada kicks it to the 1 yd line. He takes it out to the 20. Celina starts now at its own 20. Pingleton fakes it to Alexander and is hit as he passes it incomplete. Bearden popped Pingleton good on that one. 2nd and 10.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:03 PM
3 and out that time by Celina and they will punt it. They kicked it out of bounds to Argyle.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Ledford to Estrada on a short pass with a run by Estrada down to the 45. End of 1st quarter.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Ledford completes one to Casey Harper for a pickup of 4 yds. 3rd and 6 now. McCook gets it on the sweep and is hit hard for no gain. Argyle will go for it on 4th and 6.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Illegal procedure as someone on the line moves. Now its 4th and 11. Argyle on the 40 yd line of Celina. They will go for it.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Pass from Ledford to Estrada is picked off by Travis Tolbert at the 28, but he should have just knocked it down. So now Celina takes over at the Celina 28.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:09 PM
No gain on 1st for Celina. Pingleton picks up 8 yds on an end run on 2nd. 3rd and 2 and the big fullback is hit hard by Hudson Speed at the line for no gain. They was a big hit. Now Celina will be forced to punt. Timeout Celina.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:11 PM
It will be 4th and 2 here and now here comes the offense out on the field for Celina. Timeout Argyle now because they had the punt return package in.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Looks like Celina may go for it . They are going for it. Wishbone look. Alexander is hit and stopped, spins and down the sideline for a firstdown, but a flag is thrown in the backfield. Now they have waved the infraction off and Todd Rodgers is livid. There was an obvious illegal block on Bearden there that sprang the run.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Looks like Celina may go for it . They are going for it. Wishbone look. Alexander is hit and stopped, spins and down the sideline for a firstdown, but a flag is thrown in the backfield. Now they have waved the infraction off and Todd Rodgers is livid. There was an obvious illegal block on Bearden there that sprang the run.
Ummm the flag was Downfield not in the backfield

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Now Celina scores 2 plays later as Alexander takes it in from about 7 yds. out. The extra point is blocked and Dillon Sadler picks up it and runs it all the way for a score as he ran away from everybody.

Celina 20
Argyle 9

Campbell the cornerback for Argyle blocked that kick.

CHS_89
09-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Wow! Keep it up Bobcats!

regaleagle
Argyle is around the 40 yd line on this series as a flag is thrown for an offensive facemask. You don't see that call much. Now it goes all the way back to the Argyle 32 yd. line. Now another flag for movement. Lots of penalties against Argyle so far.

CHS_89
Anyone have the Celina broadcast link?

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:20 PM
On a screen pass the receiver is knocked down and the linebacker is laying on the receiver with no flag thrown. Todd Rodgers is giving it to the refs.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Celina's lines are very big, and are having an impact up front so far here in the first half. There have been a number of questionable calls and noncalls go in favor of Celina that were very obvious.....according to the Argyle Broadcast team.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Argyle will be forced to punt. That was a 57 yd punt in the air but went into the endzone for a touchback. Celina will start now at their own 25.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Celina's lines are very big, and are having an impact up front so far here in the first half. There have been a number of questionable calls and noncalls go in favor of Celina that were very obvious.....according to the Argyle Broadcast team.

Funny it's the opposite on the Bobcat broadcast. Love me some homers.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Alexander finds a hole on the left side, is hit and spins for more yards down to the 34 yd line. Alexander is 5-9 205, so he is a load but hard to pick up because he is low to the ground. He avgs. 8.4 yds/carry coming into tonite's game.

CHS_89
09-11-2015, 08:26 PM
let's put another TD on there arse. Make Celina8 proud!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:26 PM
So which broadcast is correct, huh? Neither of us is at the game.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Timeout on the field w/4:55 left in the half.

Celina 20
Argyle 9

CHS_89
09-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Bobcat1, send me the Celina broadcast link plz

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:29 PM
So which broadcast is correct, huh? Neither of us is at the game.LOL Neither of them.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:29 PM
3rd and 17 for Celina as Connor Pingleton keeps it and is hammered by Bearden. Celina will punt as McCook fields it at the Argyle 41. Pingleton is the punter for Celina.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Bobcat1, send me the Celina broadcast link plz

http://mixlr.com/mark-kissinger/

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm hearing Argyle D-Line is calling out our snap count. Don't know that is what is happening just what I'm hearing

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Ledford is thrown for a big loss and a big hit on the qb. Roughing the passer call on that blitz. Nobody was there and Ledford was running for his life.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Celina is blitzing and submarining the Argyle line on every play here.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Now here's a flag thrown on a throw by Ledford to Estrada. That's really a good penalty on Celina because that ball would have been caught and perhaps a bigger gain.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Estrada picks up 3 on that short pass to Estrada as Ledford is running each down and looking for someone to get the ball to.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Firstdown on Ledford to Estrada on that throw. Now its down to the Celina 20. Now Ledford hits McCook as he walks into the endzone. The defender thought he had made a pick, but McCook took it away from him and scored easily. The kick is good.

Celina 20
Argyle 15

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Firstdown on Ledford to Estrada on that throw. Now its down to the Celina 20. Now Ledford hits McCook as he walks into the endzone. The defender thought he had made a pick, but McCook took it away from him and scored easily. The kick is good.

Celina 20
Argyle 15
Argyle went for 2 and PAT no good.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Estrada kicks it into the endzone for a touchback. Celina starts at the 25.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:39 PM
yeah, I miss some stuff sometimes because these broadcasters talk too much.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:39 PM
A Phantom holding call negates a sure TD run by Alexander.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:40 PM
yeah, i miss some stuff sometimes because these broadcasters talk too much.lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Alexander breaks a tackle and runs down to the Argyle 35 as he just falls down trying to avoid Gage Campbell. Celina is called for holding.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Not much time left in the half now, but Celina is moving the ball and was penalized on that spot foul downfield on the big Alexander run.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:42 PM
3rd and 6 at the Argyle 29 here.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Flag thrown against Sadler on illegal contact before the ball was thrown by Pingleton.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:43 PM
It's amazing the way both sets of announcers see the same thing. :crazy1:

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:43 PM
1st and 10 on a deep overthrown pass to Reeder by Pingleton.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Celina calls a timeout with 49 seconds left. I'm not sure where the ball is right now, but I think it around 47 of Celina. 3rd and 2 now.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Funny it's the opposite on the Bobcat broadcast. Love me some homers.

I remember the Celina broadcasters getting in a fight once on a pre-game LOL

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Alexander runs it out of bounds for a pickup of 8 for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Big pass play to 6-4 and catches that ball over Gage Campbell down to the 15 yd line.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Celina scores a touchdown pass right here before the half as Pingleton throws a fastball for that one right on the numbers. Celina goes for 2 but is stopped short.

Celina 26
Argyle 15

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:49 PM
These Argyle broadcasters need to call the game and quit talking about stuff that has no bearing on this game.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:50 PM
And then the bobcats recover a fumble on Argyles 20 but another flag says we were offsides. Sure getting convenient with the yellow hanky.

d0tc0m
Celina making a lot of mental mistakes, or this one could be worse. Lots of penalties - no idea if they're warranted or not, hard to tell from a broadcast.

regaleagle
Argyle is making tons of mistakes tonight and look out of kilter and confused on both sides of the ball.

CHS_89
09-11-2015, 08:51 PM
We just drove the length of the field with 1 time out and a holding penalty. We get the kickoff for the 2nd half. Finish this Bobcats!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:51 PM
The big line for Celina on both sides of the ball is controlling the trenches up front and causing problems for Argyle.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Celina making a lot of mental mistakes, or this one could be worse. Lots of penalties - no idea if they're warranted or not, hard to tell from a broadcast.That is true for sure.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Halftime

Celina 26
Argyle 15

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Bobcats have got to keep the foot on the gas in the second half. Argyle is far too talented and far too well-coached to ease up at all. It's gonna be a dogfight in the final 24 minutes, you can count on that.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Sounds to me like Argyle is getting whupped up front and there is no protection for Ledford. He's getting pressure and cannot get off the throws he would like to make. Not much of a running game so far by Argyle....kinda like I pointed out earlier in this thread. The young Oline for Argyle is getting it handed to them by the big line of Celina. The Oline for Argyle is fairly big too, but not experienced yet. The Dline for Argyle is outweighed by a massive Oline of Celina. The running game for Celina of mainly Pingleton and Alexander has been very effective, imo. I again pointed out earlier in this thread that I thought Celina would run power sweeps and hit Alexander up the gut to keep the Eagle Dline offbalance....and they have.

Celina8
09-11-2015, 09:00 PM
dOtcOm I owe you a HUGE apology as the Bobcats are doing a great job and way more than what I expected. Actually I had seen them play and went to both their practice this Tuesday and Wed. I will let you know that I did talk with one of the Coaches who said he made sure that each player saw my comments . We have known each other for a long long time. Going back to cheer on the second half ! If the Bobcats win there will be plenty on this message board tonight. Estrada for Argyle is something else.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 09:03 PM
dOtcOm I owe you a HUGE apology as the Bobcats are doing a great job and way more than what I expected. Actually I had seen them play and went to both their practice this Tuesday and Wed. I will let you know that I did talk with one of the Coaches who said he made sure that each player saw my comments . We have known each other for a long long time. Going back to cheer on the second half ! If the Bobcats win there will be plenty on this message board tonight. Estrada for Argyle is something else.

Hey, I appreciate it, but you don't owe me an apology! You're entitled to your opinion, and I don't think anyone could fault you for what you said, especially with recent history in mind.

That said, there's a whole second half to go. Let's talk again after the final second has melted off haha. Go Bobcats!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:06 PM
It will take more than Drew Estrada for Argyle to come back and win this game. The lines for Argyle will need to buckle down and play much better in the 2nd half.....that will be key for Argyle, imo. Ledford, Sweatt, McCook, and Estrada all need some space to run and catch. Ledford needs more protection and time to find his receivers, but he's not getting it as the Celina D is getting to him quickly. Sweatt has been a nonfactor so far in the running game. Argyle needs to establish some rushing yards to open up the passing game....not the other way around.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Argyle is being exposed in their corners and young Oline in this game so far. Not sure what's going on upfront on the Eagles Dline. I think the Bobcats are running the corners and opening up lanes, but I can't tell from the broadcast. Those guys talk too much and don't exactly make things clear what's really going on out there.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:13 PM
I do know Argyle will kick off to Celina to start the 2nd half.....at least I know that for certain, haha.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 09:14 PM
All I know is this is only half over. A half is just that.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Speaking of that, the first offensive series of the 2nd half should be a telling factor of how this game will end. If Argyle makes a stop and forces a punt, then game on. If Celina goes down and scores, then Argyle is in deep trouble, imho.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Speaking of that, the first offensive series of the 2nd half should be a telling factor of how this game will end. If Argyle makes a stop and forces a punt, then game on. If Celina goes down and scores, then Argyle is in deep trouble, imho.

Yep. This. Exactly this. Bobcats have to capitalize and keep the Eagles scratching their heads.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:20 PM
BTW, JC Chalk has also been a nonfactor so far. I know he was sick and there was talk among his family whether he should even suit up, but he has been in the game at times. It will be interesting to see if he plays much in the 2nd half. I think they need him in a game like this as another bullet for Ledford.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:21 PM
2nd half kickoff coming up shortly.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Estrada will attempt to kick it deep into the endzone is my guess. I don't see any pooch kicks to be used here by Argyle.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Argyle will need to play field position here. The kickoff goes one yard deep in the endzone and runs it out to the 18 yd line.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Here we go. Celina hands it to Alexander down to the 20 as Speed makes the tackle.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Pingleton just fakes to Alexander and takes off to the sideline for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Now David Bearden gets up limping on that 1st down 6 yard gain. Alexander picks up another 5 for another Bobcat firstdown.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Celina is making the runs on misdirection plays. The Argyle line is being pulled one way, and the ball is going the other way.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Alexander is hit 3 or 4 times and he just keeps his feet churning and breaks free for a long TD run. Celina scores quickly. The kick is good.

Celina 33
Argyle 15

Argyle has no answer on defense, imo.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 09:29 PM
He is a beast.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Argyle trails by 18 points and now Celina will tee off on Ledford, I guarantee it!! Now Celina has made Argyle one-dimensional and will force Ledford to pass.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Ledford hits Estrada for a large pass play to start the series on firstdown. It's down on the Celina part of the field, I think. Holding on Celina on the next play. I'm not sure where the ball is on the field. Too much small talk on this broadcast.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Ledford completed that pass on the 9 yd line. Now Taylor Sweatt makes a big cut at the 5 and goes in untouched for a quick Argyle score.

Celina 33
Argyle 22

Plenty of time left in this 3rd quarter after each team scores on the other quickly.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Still no answer to stop Alexander though. Kick goes out of the endzone for a touchback.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Alexander already past the 180 yard mark

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Celina starts at the 25 and Alexander picks up 3. 2nd and 7 now for Celina. Handoff to Alexander as he is hit hard for no gain.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:36 PM
3rd and 7 for Celina is there is movement on the Oline for a 5 yd penalty.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Good throw by Pingleton for a first down to one of his recievers.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Alexander losses about 7 on that run around end.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:39 PM
3rd and long now for Celina after that loss. There was a block in the back on Campbell that made the tackle, but offsetting penalties is called. 2nd and 3 now because the play is wiped off.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Argyle pins Pingleton as he could not find an open receiver. 3rd and 8 pass is short a yard. 4th and one and Celina brings in their big package to go for it on the wishbone look. Pingleton just makes it to the 35 yd line after a gain of 1.5 yds.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:42 PM
First down Celina at the 46. Fumble and Argyle recovers it Estrada makes the hit and Shane McKinney recovers it for Argyle.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Sweatt picks up 7 on first down to the 39 now. 2nd and 3 for Argyle. Bubble screen to McCook as he takes it down to the 34 for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:44 PM
If Argyle can score on this series, this game will get very tight all of a sudden.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Ledford hits McCook on a great catch, spin move and the ball pops in the air and is fielded by a Celina defender out of midair. Turnover and another mistake by Argyle as a helmet on the ball caused that fumble.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Bigtime turnover by Celina there. Now Celina up to their 20.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:48 PM
2nd and 3 and Pingleton throws for a completion around midfield to Watson.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:48 PM
That pass went all the way down to the Argyle 32, not midfield.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Sadler got turned around and beat on that long pass play. It was a strong pass on the money.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:50 PM
4th down for Celina and Pingleton completes the pass for a first down. Offsides by Argyle, even though he got back before the ball was snapped.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Now they say the center is moving the ball to cause the offsides. That happens all the time in high school football.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Celina is down deep in the red zone somewhere. 3rd and 4 at the Argyle 17. Alexander has a first down after 2 more missed tackles down to the Argyle 3. The handoff was bobbled, but the blocking for Celina helped Alexander immensely.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Alexander walks in on that run. The Celina Oline averages 257, one of them over 300 lbs.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Alexander 201 yards on 23 carries.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:55 PM
The long pass reception on that series on 3rd down was the key to the drive. Now it's a big turnaround for a drive Argyle gave up at inside their own 20.

Celina 40
Argyle 22

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 09:57 PM
End of 3rd quarter.

Celina 39
Argyle 22

Too many missed tackles, and too many mistakes by Argyle. Cannot let Alexander break that many tackles over and over.

Tejastrue
09-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Is it 40 or 39...

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Estrada is a manchild!

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Sounds to me like Gilmer has a new competitor to deal with this season.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:01 PM
39 PAT was missed

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Sounds like Celina's defense is hitting pretty hard out there, though. Argyle scores again. That was a quick series for the Eagles Kick is good by Holt

Celina 39
Argyle 29

9:29 left in 4th

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Estrada does not kick off, but Bell does. Celina starts out on their own 28.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Flag on the field. 10 yds marked off on Celina. 1st and 20. Colton Liggett overruns Pingleton on the qb draw off that safety blitz and no one is back to get him. He's off the to the races for a 70 yd scoring TD run. Big mistake again by Argyle.

Celina 46
Argyle 29

8:50 left

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Ledford hits a big pass play to Nanny for a long pass and then he ran it all the way for a TD. That was OC Shay Nanny's son....who is a soph this season.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Celina 46
Argyle 36

Still lots of time in the 4th

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Now the kick is popped up and didn't even go 10 yds, but it was waaay too short. I think he hit it fat on a designed short high kick. Now Celina has great field position.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:14 PM
This has turned out to be an enjoyable type of game for the fans to watch, but lots of stuff going on the whole game. But good game for both clubs to have in predistrict.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Not exactly the defensive game I thought it would be, though.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Sounds like the offenses are controlling the game, but defenses are both making mistakes.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:16 PM
This has turned out to be an enjoyable type of game for the fans to watch, but lots of stuff going on the whole game. But good game for both clubs to have in predistrict.Absolutely. This game tells everyone these teams are gonna have to be dealt with. Argyle is young and their future only gets better.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Celina's offense has executed smoothly all night. They are well-coached and disciplined and get what they need when they need it by running the football.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:20 PM
4th and 2 at the Argyle 4 yd line. It's close and the chains will come out. Alexander took the handoff. He's short and Argyle will take over on that goalline stand.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Argyle is down by 10 with just under 4 mins. left in the game and they have 98 yds to go.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Celina playing prevent for the pass. 2 incomplete passes on this series.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:22 PM
3rd and 10 now for Argyle at the Argyle 13. Estrada down to the 27 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Mc Cook takes the sideline pass and steps out of bounds. 2 mins. left and Chalk gets a first down on that catch. He steps out of bounds.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Ledford runs out of bounds for 4 yds. Could not find a receiver.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:25 PM
3rd and 7 now as that pass went thru the defenders hands and thru McCooks hands. Close but no cigars on that one.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Interception at 1:40. Ball game unless something stupid happens

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Ledford is intercepted by the free safety as he threw it hard to McCook. It's over now. 1:40 left.

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:28 PM
This has been a very exciting game. I listened to both broadcasts. Argyle is young and will be fine.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:28 PM
But a lot of action from 2 good ballclubs tonite that saw the offenses make progress against pretty good defenses. Celina has a lot of seniors and it shows. They played a very clean game and deserve the win.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Last play of the game here as Pingleton rolls out and lays down, but now the clock is stopped for some reason.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Maybe someone on the Argyle side of the defense called a timeout???? Why????

bobcat1
09-11-2015, 10:31 PM
But a lot of action from 2 good ballclubs tonite that saw the offenses make progress against pretty good defenses. Celina has a lot of seniors and it shows. They played a very clean game and deserve the win.

It got a little chippy but 2 classy coaches took control and that ended after halftime. Hats off to them for that. Good game.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:32 PM
4 secs left. Pingleton takes the knee as Celina wins this one. They came prepared and executed on offense very well. Good game for Celina. Too many mistakes for Argyle, but that happens sometimes when a young talented group plays a good team like Celina.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 10:32 PM
That's a statement-sending win for the Bobcats right there. I knew this was a different team than last year, and I'm glad the Bobcats showed it tonight. Celina has been searching for a win like this for a while. Celina needed to remember what it was like to win a game like this against a team like this. HUGE for the Bobcats, and it could've been worse than the score shows. This win could have big implications for this Bobcat team down the road.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Celina 46
Argyle 36

Final

CHS_89
09-11-2015, 10:35 PM
Nice work Bobcats! Hats off to Argyle...you guys owned us the past few years. Tonight was simply our time. Congrats orange and white! Good luck Argyle the rest of the way!

regaleagle
Guess what? Celina ran it down Argyle's throat. Argyle didn't give up, but bless Celina for a good offensive gameplan. Good blocking schemes and misdirections as Pingleton and Alexander headlined the night for the Bobcats.

bobcat1
Celina 46
Argyle 36

Final
Enjoyed it Regal as always. Time for one more adult beverage!

Celina8
09-11-2015, 10:36 PM
That's a statement-sending win for the Bobcats right there. I knew this was a different team than last year, and I'm glad the Bobcats showed it tonight. Celina has been searching for a win like this for a while. Celina needed to remember what it was like to win a game like this against a team like this. HUGE for the Bobcats, and it could've been worse than the score shows. This win could have big implications for this Bobcat team down the road.

dOtcOm you called it all the way and I just did not see it. So proud of the young men tonight as they did exactly what you said they were going to do. I actually thought this would be a game that we would struggle to stay within 20 points . I am eating my CROW straight up raw tonight......now Bobcats just don't go and have a let down next week as Bishop Lynch will come to play. Good night everyone beating the crowd out right now.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:39 PM
A great learning experience tonite for the younger Argyle team in a hostile environment. That's exactly what the Eagles needed early on this season, imo. I was glad to see the Argyle offense keep coming back, despite some mistakes. But Celina's defense could have caused some of those. Overall, it was a very good game for both clubs to play. Celina beat a very proud and talented young Argyle squad that will only get better. Celina deserves credit and got 600 total yds of offense.....433 on the ground. Alexander is a wonderful RB and Pingleton looked very good.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 10:40 PM
dOtcOm you called it all the way and I just did not see it. So proud of the young men tonight as they did exactly what you said they were going to do. I actually thought this would be a game that we would struggle to stay within 20 points . I am eating my CROW straight up raw tonight......now Bobcats just don't go and have a let down next week as Bishop Lynch will come to play. Good night everyone beating the crowd out right now.

Great win. There's crow for a lot of folks tonight, you're not alone.

But you hit the nail on the head. This is just week 3 ... we can't be satisfied with this win. We've still got plenty to get corrected. But this reminded the Bobcats that they're still legit contenders, and hopefully they continue to stay hungry and build off this game.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Argyle did have 400 yds of total offense and scored 36 points, and could have scored more. So all in all, the game was really closer than the score might indicate. Either way, it was a good loss for Argyle and a very good win for Celina.....if a loss can ever be considered a good one.

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Argyle will be pulling for Celina the rest of the way. We may be rivals, but there is much respect after the game is over. Congrats to the Celina Bobcats tonite on their big win. They were the better team on the field tonite.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Celina had 600 yards of offense, scored 46 points and could've scored more too. So ...

regaleagle
09-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Next week each team has a big game. Celina gets Bishop Lynch and Argyle gets Graham for its home-opener.....finally. Graham loses to Wylie tonite.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Argyle will be pulling for Celina the rest of the way. We may be rivals, but there is much respect after the game is over. Congrats to the Celina Bobcats tonite on their big win. They were the better team on the field tonite.

You said it! Always enjoy your posts, Reagle, and always have enjoyed the Argyle program - and cheered for them when they weren't playing the orange and white. The Eagles will be fine, too much talent on that team to not make another run at some mid-December football.

d0tc0m
09-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Next week each team has a big game. Celina gets Bishop Lynch and Argyle gets Graham for its home-opener.....finally. Graham loses to Wylie tonite.

Speaking of that. There could be some panick in Steer country next week of they drop their 3rd in a row ...

CHS_89
09-11-2015, 10:48 PM
If we can get our d settled we just might make a run at it. Let's go Bobcats!