View Full Version : Where we belong!!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

91 lion
10-15-2015, 11:37 PM
500!

Watch out Graham thread....

toddg
10-15-2015, 11:38 PM
I think people are taking it easy on the Daubers right now....their Jackets lost again.....their Cowboys got destroyed by the Patriots (almost by the same score of the Jackets)....their Rangers got eliminated.... (and so did the Astros, for those that like them).....Just a whole lot of losing going on in Jacketfan's world...
At least you care...

91 lion
10-15-2015, 11:49 PM
At least you care...

Lol.....no comment...

toddg
10-15-2015, 11:54 PM
lol.....no comment...
alvarado indians!!!!...!

91 lion
10-15-2015, 11:57 PM
alvarado indians!!!!...!

Hey.....that's in your signature line....you didn't have to say it again.....geez! ;)

toddg
10-16-2015, 12:01 AM
LOL!! enough Alvarado talk dammitt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91 lion
10-16-2015, 12:06 AM
LOL!! enough Alvarado talk dammitt!!

That's right! And while you're at it, stop feeding your boy entire briskets and gun powder for breakfast....he's big enough now!

toddg
10-16-2015, 12:15 AM
And the gallon of milk he drinks a day LoL!! $$$

Rocket
10-16-2015, 12:59 AM
I know how it works! Remember what followed the 2010 team? Yea, the 2011 team. You loose too much.

98 harder was all your back got. Our D stuffed him all night otherwise. The risk our defense took on that play gave have him the biggest play off his life.

Brownwood's Freshmen beat Wylie. Let's see how the Jackets do. That's all you really have over there in the Ville that's worth a crap.

Your D sucked. Lol 33 points and could have been much worse, except the homecoming crowd was watching and they played their little hearts out. In the end, just another reality check. :)

Hollyville
10-16-2015, 06:40 AM
Well, if that's all he got....it was more than enough.....not just the yards or the touchdown....but he broke yall's back.....heck, he got 15 fantasy points in 1 play....lol

Couldn't agree more!

Hollyville
10-16-2015, 06:49 AM
Brownwood's Freshmen beat Wylie. Let's see how the Jackets do. That's all you really have over there in the Ville that's worth a crap.

Your D sucked. Lol 33 points and could have been much worse, except the homecoming crowd was watching and they played their little hearts out. In the end, just another reality check. :)

We already know that Alvarado beat your Fresh; Ville pounded the Alvarado Fresh. I'm sure our Fresh will finish out the season with wins no problem. They won last night 30-0.

Rocket
10-16-2015, 08:41 AM
We already know that Alvarado beat your Fresh; Ville pounded the Alvarado Fresh. I'm sure our Fresh will finish out the season with wins no problem. They won last night 30-0.

We shall see...

Indians212
10-16-2015, 06:42 PM
We shall see...

Alvarado had 2 main weapons out on offense. Their qb and rb which is the heart and soul of the offense. It was a butt whooping but would like to play again full strength.

91 lion
10-17-2015, 12:12 PM
So, where do we belong?? Hmmm... well, after 8 straight weeks of football, I say that we belong firmly in the mix of region 1. We have beaten some that no one thought we would and played all types of offenses and defenses, preparing ourselves for our stretch run.....I'm still not happy with whoever had the bright idea to schedule Sville and Wylie back to back with BOTH coming off of a bye, but it's our turn to rest and regroup... so it all works out in the end.

All in all, I'm very proud of my team. 6-2, with the 2 losses by a combined total of 7 points. Not bad for a team that many feel is a year or 2 away....they're doing great things NOW...

We are right where we need to be ;)

slingshot
10-17-2015, 01:01 PM
So, where do we belong?? Hmmm... well, after 8 straight weeks of football, I say that we belong firmly in the mix of region 1. We have beaten some that no one thought we would and played all types of offenses and defenses, preparing ourselves for our stretch run.....I'm still not happy with whoever had the bright idea to schedule Sville and Wylie back to back with BOTH coming off of a bye, but it's our turn to rest and regroup... so it all works out in the end.

All in all, I'm very proud of my team. 6-2, with the 2 losses by a combined total of 7 points. Not bad for a team that many feel is a year or 2 away....they're doing great things NOW...

We are right where we need to be ;)Very true. This young Lion team is for real.

THE BEAST
10-18-2015, 12:08 AM

Raise a glass to that!!

BEAST

full circle
10-18-2015, 10:25 AM
district games are not scheduled lion, you draw for them, so it wasn't scheduled by anyone, just a bad draw.

91 lion
10-18-2015, 10:51 AM
district games are not scheduled lion, you draw for them, so it wasn't scheduled by anyone, just a bad draw.

Oh, I'm fully aware of that full circle...it was tongue and cheek ;)

clcannon17
10-18-2015, 02:56 PM
That Alvarado game was also alot closer than the Wylie ones. I wish we would meet again in the playoffs, but y'all's region is just so much more brutal, I can't see it happening. Brownwood really only has 2 or 3 that's in their region.

Threats not that's

clcannon17
10-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Threats not that's

Tapatalk just glitched that message is from another thread XD

Rocket
10-19-2015, 01:41 PM

Yes sir!

Rocket
10-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Alvarado had 2 main weapons out on offense. Their qb and rb which is the heart and soul of the offense. It was a butt whooping but would like to play again full strength.

Butt whooping? You are delusional.

nobogey72
10-19-2015, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=91 lion;1877821]So, where do we belong?? Hmmm... well, after 8 straight weeks of football, I say that we belong firmly in the mix of region 1. We have beaten some that no one thought we would and played all types of offenses and defenses, preparing ourselves for our stretch run.....I'm still not happy with whoever had the bright idea to schedule Sville and Wylie back to back with BOTH coming off of a bye, but it's our turn to rest and regroup... so it all works out in the end.

What I can't believe is that Stephenville scheduled Brownwood for Homecoming. There must be something else to the story. #1. I didn't think anyone scheduled homecoming during district, and #2. scheduling your biggest historical rival for homecoming??? I really didn't understand that. Anybody from Stephenville know how that happened, or the reasoning behind it???? The schedule and the bye week was obviously already set, but determining which game would be the Homecoming game should have been a decision for the current AD.

91 lion
10-19-2015, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=91 lion;1877821]So, where do we belong?? Hmmm... well, after 8 straight weeks of football, I say that we belong firmly in the mix of region 1. We have beaten some that no one thought we would and played all types of offenses and defenses, preparing ourselves for our stretch run.....I'm still not happy with whoever had the bright idea to schedule Sville and Wylie back to back with BOTH coming off of a bye, but it's our turn to rest and regroup... so it all works out in the end.

What I can't believe is that Stephenville scheduled Brownwood for Homecoming. There must be something else to the story. #1. I didn't think anyone scheduled homecoming during district, and #2. scheduling your biggest historical rival for homecoming??? I really didn't understand that. Anybody from Stephenville know how that happened, or the reasoning behind it???? The schedule and the bye week was obviously already set, but determining which game would be the Homecoming game should have been a decision for the current AD.

Good question. Obviously they felt like they were going to win, coming off a bye, but it wasn't the smartest decision in retrospect. Rivalry games can be crazy and unpredictable, but I guess they felt good about their chances considering the recent history of the matchup....maybe just overconfident or maybe just tying to pump up an underdog....who knows, but I have a feeling that it won't be scheduled again.

91 lion
10-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Where a Brownwood Lion belongs this week?? Well, since its a bye, I think this Lion belongs on the lake coaxing some slab papermouths!

toddg
10-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Where a Brownwood Lion belongs this week?? Well, since its a bye, I think this Lion belongs on the lake coaxing some slab papermouths!
:2thumbsup

91 lion
10-20-2015, 08:41 PM

Just got my latest mount back.....16" white caught on Toledo Bend in the Spring.

hollywood
10-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Just got my latest mount back.....16" white caught on Toledo Bend in the Spring.

Sweet, just make sure you put it where it belongs!

:taunt:

Rocket
10-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Stupid. That is the only word I can think of.

91 lion
10-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Where we belong?......

Back in the win column. I expect my Lions to have a great showing tomorrow night after a well deserved off week and 2 weeks of preparation.

Speaking of....how did the Daubers manage to have TWO bye weeks that just happened to fall right before their two biggest games of the year??

toddg
10-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Where we belong?......

Back in the win column. I expect my Lions to have a great showing tomorrow night after a well deserved off week and 2 weeks of preparation.

Speaking of....how did the Daubers manage to have TWO bye weeks that just happened to fall right before their two biggest games of the year??
They couldnt get a 5th game for nonconference, and decided on just having an extra bye week..this was all discussed after re-alignment in spring of 2014..they had the bye's at the same times last year as well

91 lion
10-29-2015, 08:10 PM
They couldnt get a 5th game for nonconference, and decided on just having an extra bye week..this was all discussed after re-alignment in spring of 2014..they had the bye's at the same times last year as well

Ahh...thanks Toddg

toddg
10-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Ahh...thanks Toddg

They whined excessfully about only having 9 games..the reason I remember it!! Ha!!

91 lion
10-29-2015, 08:15 PM
They whined excessfully about only having 9 games..the reason I remember it!! Ha!!

Next year, Brownwood should offer to give up their bye week and play them again....i'm sure we would be up for a home and home tango...lol

91 lion
10-31-2015, 11:03 AM
The Lions look like they took full advantage of the week off and came out firing on all cylinders last night and made a dangerous team look pretty average in the process. This under the radar road win is just what the Lions needed heading into the final week of the regular season.

To note, after the week 2 win at Graham, the Lion defense has been stellar giving up an average of less than 10 points a game during district....all games against playoff teams.

Heading into the playoffs, who knows what will happen, but you have to like your chances with a team that can limit opposing offenses yet also finds ways to score in bunches in the process. The Grahams and Andrews of the world will surely pose big threats with their high scoring offenses, but all in all, I love where we are sitting right now.

clcannon17
10-31-2015, 12:02 PM
The Lions look like they took full advantage of the week off and came out firing on all cylinders last night and made a dangerous team look pretty average in the process. This under the radar road win is just what the Lions needed heading into the final week of the regular season.

To note, after the week 2 win at Graham, the Lion defense has been stellar giving up an average of less than 10 points a game during district....all games against playoff teams.

Heading into the playoffs, who knows what will happen, but you have to like your chances with a team that can limit opposing offenses yet also finds ways to score in bunches in the process. The Grahams and Andrews of the world will surely pose big threats with their high scoring offenses, but all in all, I love where we are sitting right now.

That Snyder QB only completed 35% of his passes. Proud of how much pressure our d-line was able to put on him. Offensively we had two players over 100 yards rushing, and three more over 50.
We blew some opportunities with the long throws, could've put them away sooner. Hopefully that gets fixed before playoffs. But otherwise, I'm very happy where we are at.

slingshot
10-31-2015, 07:46 PM
That Snyder QB only completed 35% of his passes. Proud of how much pressure our d-line was able to put on him. Offensively we had two players over 100 yards rushing, and three more over 50.
We blew some opportunities with the long throws, could've put them away sooner. Hopefully that gets fixed before playoffs. But otherwise, I'm very happy where we are at.Good job Brownwood! Got to root for our district mates... Big Spring played their butts off against us--their playoff chances were on the line. Since we ended that possibility I suspect you guys will mop the field with them next week. Can't wait for the playoffs!

Hollyville
10-31-2015, 10:33 PM
Good job Brownwood! Got to root for our district mates... Big Spring played their butts off against us--their playoff chances were on the line. Since we ended that possibility I suspect you guys will mop the field with them next week. Can't wait for the playoffs!

We coming to town Friday; might want to be focused on that first. Congrats on beating Big Springs. Placed us officially in the playoffs. Jackets are healthy and ready.

briandumith*
10-31-2015, 10:53 PM
We coming to town Friday; might want to be focused on that first. Congrats on beating Big Springs. Placed us officially in the playoffs. Jackets are healthy and ready.
Really like the way the Jackets have turned the corner as of late.. Whatever team faces yall from Graham's district will for sure have their hands full.. good luck..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

slingshot
10-31-2015, 11:03 PM
We coming to town Friday; might want to be focused on that first. Congrats on beating Big Springs. Placed us officially in the playoffs. Jackets are healthy and ready.Trust me--the team is totally focused on 'Ville. They (understandably) went into Big Spring thinking they were going to easily win... Big Spring played hard and made it a game. We were flat--they were inspired. We still controlled the game defensively and came away with the 'W'. We won't be flat for 'Ville. Get ready.

LionFan72
11-01-2015, 08:53 AM

Don't think it will be much of a game, the ville will take 4th place!

Right where we belong is in the playoffs, how far we go no one knows, but this team is one year ahead of schedule and playing lights out. Defense has stepped up and put the smackdown on some very good offenses. Very proud of the boys for improving every game. we are RIGHT WHERE WE BELONG!

clcannon17
11-01-2015, 11:52 AM

Right where we belong is in the playoffs, how far we go no one knows, but this team is one year ahead of schedule and playing lights out. Defense has stepped up and put the smackdown on some very good offenses. Very proud of the boys for improving every game. we are RIGHT WHERE WE BELONG!

If they do beat Wylie, they're actually helping us more, seeing that means we get a share of the district title.

slingshot
11-01-2015, 12:29 PM
If they do beat Wylie, they're actually helping us more, seeing that means we get a share of the district title.Not going to happen.

clcannon17
11-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Not going to happen.

I know, I'm just pointing out the irony.

hollywood
11-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Oh brother

slingshot
11-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Oh brother...where art thou? :D

hollywood
11-01-2015, 08:02 PM
lol.. In constant sorroooooowww.

Tejastrue
11-01-2015, 08:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivzVgsR2yEc

lol

Hollyville
11-01-2015, 09:39 PM

I believe the team that is playing ahead of schedule is Wylie. If the Lions couldn't pull off a district title this year, it won't be next year or the year after. Lions are losing 5 and 8; and will be missed big time.

95mustang
11-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I believe the team that is playing ahead of schedule is Wylie. If the Lions couldn't pull off a district title this year, it won't be next year or the year after. Lions are losing 5 and 8; and will be missed big time.

Someone has jokes....

slingshot
11-02-2015, 12:47 AM
I believe the team that is playing ahead of schedule is Wylie. If the Lions couldn't pull off a district title this year, it won't be next year or the year after. Lions are losing 5 and 8; and will be missed big time.8 is a Jr I believe...

95mustang
11-02-2015, 01:14 AM
8 is a Jr I believe...

You would be correct

slingshot
11-02-2015, 09:06 AM
You would be correctBeen watching that kid since 7th grade... very good player.

91 lion
11-02-2015, 10:14 AM
8 is a Jr I believe...
;).....

Hollyville
11-02-2015, 08:48 PM
8; but nobody to throw to him. Brownwood in the Jacket situation as this year, young QB brings a lot of "learning moments".

THE BEAST
11-02-2015, 09:21 PM
8; but nobody to throw to him. Brownwood in the Jacket situation as this year, young QB brings a lot of "learning moments".

The Qb next season will be a Sr.

Next......

BEAST

Hollyville
11-02-2015, 10:38 PM
No experience at V level.

95mustang
11-02-2015, 11:28 PM

You are trying way to hard and keep coming up short...

hollywood
11-02-2015, 11:48 PM
How many rounds does everyone think the Lions go this season in the playoffs? Honest question.

clcannon17
11-02-2015, 11:52 PM
How many rounds does everyone think the Lions go this season in the playoffs? Honest question.

Depends on who we play. If graham gets first seed, we might even get to the semis, due to Wylie having to pay us back to back with graham (doubt it though). But we should be able to go four rounds. Those panhandle teams are really really bad.

bwdlionfan
11-03-2015, 02:54 AM

This year's QB had not played QB since he was a freshman. He's a senior. He had n experience at the varsity level. You try way too hard and keep failing.

Hollyville
11-03-2015, 09:04 AM
This year's QB had not played QB since he was a freshman. He's a senior. He had n experience at the varsity level. You try way too hard and keep failing.

So your QB next year lost the QB role this year to a linebacker? We shall see.

slingshot
11-03-2015, 09:08 AM
How many rounds does everyone think the Lions go this season in the playoffs? Honest question.Provided both teams stay reasonably healthy, I see Wylie and Brownwood playing a rematch in the Region 1 final. That would be a classic... the first one was one of the most physical defensive games I've seen in many years. Lots of football to be played between now and then though.

LionFan72
11-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Provided both teams stay reasonably healthy, I see Wylie and Brownwood playing a rematch in the Region 1 final. That would be a classic... the first one was one of the most physical defensive games I've seen in many years. Lots of football to be played between now and then though.

Lots of things happen, injuries, rain, grades,non football things that effect football teams,but I have to go along with slingshot on this one, Brownwood-Abilene Wylie Bullpups in a rematch!

91 lion
11-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Where we belong?

Back on the Downlow! Thanks to all for fixing the issue. I don't know him, but I was told that it was all Cam's fault. Could someone please verify?

Also, we belong in the 2nd round! Let's go Lions....and send the Steers packin'!

garciap77
11-12-2015, 11:17 PM
It's never if, it's only when and the time is now. Who's your daddy, Graham? Hahaha

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-3-1.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/RocketsShirt-3-1.gif.html)

Cam
11-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Where we belong?

Back on the Downlow! Thanks to all for fixing the issue. I don't know him, but I was told that it was all Cam's fault. Could someone please verify?

Also, we belong in the 2nd round! Let's go Lions....and send the Steers packin'!

....no Cam's fault.....Greendawgs!......

stardog
11-12-2015, 11:30 PM
....no Cam's fault.....Greendawgs!......
I posted a puky purple panther Monday night about 10 pm and down she went !!!

91 lion
11-12-2015, 11:49 PM
I posted a puky purple panther Monday night about 10 pm and down she went !!!

Lol!!

91 lion
11-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Where we belong?

2nd round.........

THE BEAST
11-14-2015, 01:23 AM
where we belong?

2nd round.........

^^^^^^

this

beast

Bosqueville
11-14-2015, 09:20 AM
What a game and what a big vocal Bwd crowd! Had a great time and have to say I've missed going to Bwd games..

91 lion
11-17-2015, 09:48 PM
What a game and what a big vocal Bwd crowd! Had a great time and have to say I've missed going to Bwd games..

I wonder if Andrews travel well?

95mustang
11-17-2015, 10:55 PM
Andrews historically has traveled well.

hollywood
11-17-2015, 10:56 PM
I wonder if Andrews travel well?

Yes! Especially to West Texas venues.

clcannon17
11-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Yes! Especially to West Texas venues.

Should be a really good atmosphere then.

91 lion
11-18-2015, 12:43 AM
Should be a really good atmosphere then.

Awesome! This game deserves a big crowd.

LionFan72
11-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Andrews historically has traveled well.

Best I remember they travel very well, and play very well also. This years version has a very talented QB at the helm, don't know much else about them.

91 lion
11-18-2015, 08:57 PM
Best I remember they travel very well, and play very well also. This years version has a very talented QB at the helm, don't know much else about them.

All I know about Andrews is that my basketball coach left my sophomore year to coach there.....so I don't like them.

He was a great coach....took us far, but we seemed to do juuuuust fine after he left.

91 lion
11-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Where we belong?

3rd Round.........

BwdLion73
11-20-2015, 11:07 PM
:thumbsup:
Where we belong?

3rd Round.........

Bosqueville
11-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Way to go Bwd!

garciap77
11-20-2015, 11:17 PM
Congrats BW!

bobcat1
11-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Nice job Lions!

clcannon17
11-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Where we belong?

3rd Round.........

Let's Go!!!!!

slingshot
11-20-2015, 11:31 PM
Where you belong? On a collision course with Wylie!!!

garciap77
11-20-2015, 11:46 PM

clcannon17
11-21-2015, 12:18 AM

Yup a setup for another defensive masterpiece.

91 lion
11-21-2015, 08:59 AM

I think so.....but we both got work to do first.

Watch out for Levelland.....word on the street is that they have a way of messing up folks holiday travel plans......just ask Sville.

As for MW....looks like we had a few common opponents, but that can only tell you so much.....my prediction is that we're about to see the Lion offense start to click and put up points in bunches....it's been held under wraps the first 2 games....

slingshot
11-21-2015, 11:45 AM
I think so.....but we both got work to do first.

Watch out for Levelland.....word on the street is that they have a way of messing up folks holiday travel plans......just ask Sville.

As for MW....looks like we had a few common opponents, but that can only tell you so much.....my prediction is that we're about to see the Lion offense start to click and put up points in bunches....it's been held under wraps the first 2 games....Agreed. Can't look too far ahead, but... Wylie got several key starters back last night, offense is starting to click, defense playing lights out (still... ) and we know Brownwood is waiting around the corner. Neither of us has played 'December Football' for a few years, would be a classic!

Hollyville
11-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Season over for the Jackets! Sticks when your done. Levelland played a great game. Jackets with some keys mistakes, but overall got beat.

Next year I see a challenging season for the Jackets as we will likely have 6 to 7 sophomores playing. Young team but should be very solid in 2018 and 19.

I'd like to congratulate the Lions on their playoff success. Stay where you belong and beat MW and take care of the dogs. Go Lions!

LionFan72
11-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Season over for the Jackets! Sticks when your done. Levelland played a great game. Jackets with some keys mistakes, but overall got beat.

Next year I see a challenging season for the Jackets as we will likely have 6 to 7 sophomores playing. Young team but should be very solid in 2018 and 19.

I'd like to congratulate the Lions on their playoff success. Stay where you belong and beat MW and take care of the dogs. Go Lions!

Thanks Hollyville! Levelland must a brought a load, because I know he Ville was in playoff mode, congrats to the Jackets for a great season, nothing to be ashamed of!

mwrams
11-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Dont count your chickens before they hatch there Lions....You still have to get past our Rams! I want to see Levelland vs Mineral Wells...Getting a little old seeing Brownwood/Wylie all the time....LOL

clcannon17
11-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Dont count your chickens before they hatch there Lions....You still have to get past our Rams! I want to see Levelland vs Mineral Wells...Getting a little old seeing Brownwood/Wylie all the time....LOL

This lion team has more heart in it than I've seen in years, I'm sure many of our opponents, especially Graham (who had several chances to deliver a death blow) can back me up. We haven't counted our chickens yet, we're to busy preparing up a plate of lamb chops. :evillol:

91 lion
11-24-2015, 12:52 PM

Well, you have a chance to do your part in making that happen. We shall see....

91 lion
11-24-2015, 12:53 PM

Thanks Hollyville! I'm very proud of our team this year....

nobogey72
11-24-2015, 02:11 PM
What's with all this lovey-dovey crap between Stephenville and Brownwood. It's about to make me puke. I like it better when y'all are ugly to each other.:stirpot:

91 lion
11-24-2015, 02:17 PM
What's with all this lovey-dovey crap between Stephenville and Brownwood. It's about to make me puke. I like it better when y'all are ugly to each other.:stirpot:

Hey, we all know Hollyville has a soft spot for the Lions.....you can take the guy out of Brownwood, but you can't take Brownwood out of the guy.....

nobogey72
11-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Hey, we all know Hollyville has a soft spot for the Lions.....you can take the guy out of Brownwood, but you can't take Brownwood out of the guy.....

Ok, as long as it's just one guy. The world is strange enough right now without Brownwood fans and Stephenville fans starting to sing Cum-Ba-Ya together. That's just not natural.

91 lion
11-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Ok, as long as it's just one guy. The world is strange enough right now without Brownwood fans and Stephenville fans starting to sing Cum-Ba-Ya together. That's just not natural.

Well, if JacketSwarm ever shows back up.....get ur popcorn ready...

Cam
11-24-2015, 02:44 PM

..............:eek::eek::eek::spitlol:....."Cum-Ba-Ya"???....I think you mean't Kumbaya......just what exactly were you thinkin' when you were typin' nobogey??.....:thinking:

91 lion
11-24-2015, 02:54 PM
..............:eek::eek::eek::spitlol:....."Cum-Ba-Ya"???....I think you mean't Kumbaya......just what exactly were you thinkin' when you were typin' nobogey??.....:thinking:

Lol....best one all day! But of course, cam can't take credit.....we all know it's all Greendawgs fault!

slingshot
11-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, if JacketSwarm ever shows back up.....get ur popcorn ready...That won't happen until Stephenville strings together a couple wins next season, he's already crawled back under his rock for this year...

Fire Away!

nobogey72
11-24-2015, 02:58 PM

My bad.

91 lion
11-24-2015, 03:03 PM
That won't happen until Stephenville strings together a couple wins next season, he's already crawled back under his rock for this year...

Fire Away!

Lol.....so true....

.....but in true JacketSwarm fashion...

Shooting blanks!......Dream Weaver!......

........FIRE AWAY!

garciap77
11-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Here Rocket Rocket Rocket!!!

Cam
11-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Lol....best one all day! But of course, cam can't take credit.....we all know it's all Greendawgs fault!

yes of course....Greendawg taught me everything I know......all his fault for sure......

hollywood
11-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Lions and Dawgs of Wylie to clash next week! Hoping this game takes place closer than San Angelo! How about Tarleton's Memorial Stadium?! :D

Hollyville
11-24-2015, 08:46 PM

That's right; I still got a nice collection of Lion stuff in the closet. You guys bring the Wylie game to the Ville area next week and I may have to bust it out and go.

Hollyville
11-24-2015, 08:48 PM
Lions and Dawgs of Wylie to clash next week! Hoping this game takes place closer than San Angelo! How about Tarleton's Memorial Stadium?! :D

No way Lions agree to TSU. More like Mineral Wells or Glen Rose stadium.

garciap77
11-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Angelo State!

mwrams
11-24-2015, 09:00 PM
You havnt met Mineral Wells yet and Wylie hasnt beat Levelland yet either....stranger things have happened....

BwdLion73
11-24-2015, 09:14 PM
You havnt met Mineral Wells yet and Wylie hasnt beat Levelland yet either....stranger things have happened....

You are correct. I guess it's just difficult for rivals and posters to not peek into possible senerios.
I look forward to the Bwd. Mineral Wells game.

91 lion
11-24-2015, 11:45 PM
That's right; I still got a nice collection of Lion stuff in the closet. You guys bring the Wylie game to the Ville area next week and I may have to bust it out and go.

Check the pockets of that old Lion gear....you might find an old Guns & Roses tape in there!

hollywood
11-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Check the pockets of that old Lion gear....you might find an old Guns & Roses tape in there!

:spitlol:

Or maybe even a Run DMC tape. But Hollyville more into U2 and Depeche Mode though.

toddg
11-25-2015, 02:12 PM
:spitlol:

Or maybe even a Run DMC tape. But Hollyville more into U2 and Depeche Mode though. yeah, Hollywood was a tear for fears, and the j.geils band type of guy!

91 lion
11-25-2015, 03:08 PM
yeah, Hollywood was a tear for fears, and the j.geils band type of guy!

Good stuff there....but I heard that back around that same time the Woodies were jamming out to some mentioned above...the Daubers were listening to PM Dawn and Milli Vanilli.....

If memory serves me well, I also believe that the SVILLE basketball teams warm up music was a few Culture Club songs back during my sophomore year....hehe

toddg
11-25-2015, 03:16 PM
LOL!! I was a AC/DC, MollyHatchet guy during my Alvarado HS days in the early 80s

91 lion
11-25-2015, 03:48 PM
LOL!! I was a AC/DC, MollyHatchet guy during my Alvarado HS days in the early 80s

Ahh....that explains 76....I bet you trained him by pulling out the old Sony Walkman so he can listen to AC/DC while he's moving cars without keys while eating nails sprinkled with gunpowder!

On a serious note, how's he doing? I heard that he went down early in the last game. Is that correct?

toddg
11-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Ahh....that explains 76....I bet you trained him by pulling out the old Sony Walkman so he can listen to AC/DC while he's moving cars without keys while eating nails sprinkled with gunpowder!

On a serious note, how's he doing? I heard that he went down early in the last game. Is that correct?

He's doing fine..slight tear in acl, hyperextended, strained meniscus..swelling is going down..doesn't look like he will need surgery..I told him on kickoff coverage, you have to have your head on a swivel, or get earholed by a sneaky little DB..they never listen!! he will miss powerlifting though..

91 lion
11-25-2015, 03:58 PM
He's doing fine..slight tear in acl, hyperextended, strained meniscus..swelling is going down..doesn't look like he will need surgery..I told him on kickoff coverage, you have to have your head on a swivel, or get earholed by a sneaky little DB..they never listen!! he will miss powerlifting though..

That's tough, and I hate that for him, but he (and the Indians) had a GREAT year....

toddg
11-25-2015, 04:05 PM
That's tough, and I hate that for him, but he (and the Indians) had a GREAT year....

Yeah, we had our chances against Kaufman..0-0 until late 1st half, 8-7 until the last 5 minutes in the 4th..was a "hard to swallow loss for sure!! But, a good season for the tribe!

Hollyville
11-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Not to change the subject, but let's get this back where it belongs. LOL! Love the subject though. Yes, U2 is still king.

Just want to point out that the Lions know how to market the 7 championships. Love the playoff uniforms and especially the 7 star helmet.

slingshot
11-25-2015, 05:38 PM
More of a 'Boston, Steve Miller Band, Led Zeppelin, Nazareth, Eagles kind of guy' myself... Late 70's had the best music.

garciap77
11-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Not to change the subject, but let's get this back where it belongs. LOL! Love the subject though. Yes, U2 is still king.

Just want to point out that the Lions know how to market the 7 championships. Love the playoff uniforms and especially the 7 star helmet.:evillol::evillol:

mwrams
11-25-2015, 06:42 PM
late 70's sucked! It was disco city back then!

91 lion
11-25-2015, 07:08 PM
More of a 'Boston, Steve Miller Band, Led Zeppelin, Nazareth, Eagles kind of guy' myself... Late 70's had the best music.

Oh yeah!...slingshot the space cowboy....has a nice ring to it! mwrams is uninformed...he was probably listening to 98 degrees or bananarama.....depending on his decade....one hit wonders....the band's slingshot mentioned had legs to their careers

91 lion
11-25-2015, 07:10 PM
late 70's sucked! It was disco city back then!

Ok.....this is a real story....the first time I ever heard an Mc Hammer song was in Mineral Wells....the basketball team came out to To Legit to Quit.....I was like....'who is this guy screamin'?

mwrams
11-25-2015, 07:11 PM
No actually I graduated in 72...so you see...I got to see all the cool bands....and I really did...Saw Hendrix at Will Rogers, Zep, Tull, Who, Stones...etc...and again let me say...DISCO SUX!

91 lion
11-25-2015, 07:13 PM
No actually I graduated in 72...so you see...I got to see all the cool bands....and I really did...Saw Hendrix at Will Rogers, Zep, Tull, Who, Stones...etc...and again let me say...DISCO SUX!

Nice!.....

91 lion
11-25-2015, 07:14 PM

Just want to point out that the Lions know how to market the 7 championships. Love the playoff uniforms and especially the 7 star helmet.

Our playoff gear is the best.... sorry everybody else! Just something about the stars...

slingshot
11-25-2015, 07:23 PM
late 70's sucked! It was disco city back then!Wrong again Billy Goat! Disco did suck... I even wore the 'Disco Sucks!' tee shirt to prove it. The 70's spawned the bands I mentioned plus AC/DC, Rush, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Kiss, The Allman Brothers, Bad Company, The Cars, Foreigner, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foghat, etc, etc, etc...

Cam
11-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Wrong again Billy Goat! Disco did suck... I even wore the 'Disco Sucks!' tee shirt to prove it. The 70's spawned the bands I mentioned plus AC/DC, Rush, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Kiss, The Allman Brothers, Bad Company, The Cars, Foreigner, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foghat, etc, etc, etc...

....if I may add a few more....Thin Lizzy, Kansas, Nazareth, Head East, Yes, FM, Nektar, John Cougar, Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd, Starz, April Wine, Jean Luc Ponty, Jean Michael Jarre, Triumph, Fleetwood Mac, The Boss, Moxy, Montrose, Boston, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Deep Purple, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Steve Miller Band, Tom Petty, and Benny Hill :D...... 70's....awesome decade of "real" music!.....today, we have Bieber, One Direction, and Taylor Swift!!!:spitlol::spitlol:

91 lion
11-25-2015, 08:01 PM
....if I may add a few more....Thin Lizzy, Kansas, Nazareth, Head East, Yes, FM, Nektar, John Cougar, Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd, Starz, April Wine, Jean Luc Ponty, Jean Michael Jarre, Triumph, Fleetwood Mac, The Boss, Moxy, Montrose, Boston, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Deep Purple, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Steve Miller Band, Tom Petty, and Benny Hill :D...... 70's....awesome decade of "real" music!.....today, we have Bieber, One Direction, and Taylor Swift!!!:spitlol::spitlol:

Don't forget Ariana Grande.....ugh....terrible!

91 lion
11-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Don't forget Ariana Grande.....ugh....terrible!

Cam was listening to some good music over there in Oatmeal Texas!

canno
11-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Don't forget heart, Peter Frampton and don't forget the rolling uglys I mean stones
Those were the days.

Cam
11-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Cam was listening to some good music over there in Oatmeal Texas!

...wonder if they'll ever have a football team in Oatmeal?......they could name it the Oatmeal Cookies!.....how tasty is that??.....

91 lion
11-25-2015, 09:06 PM
...wonder if they'll ever have a football team in Oatmeal?......they could name it the Oatmeal Cookies!.....how tasty is that??.....

Not sure.....aren't they in Burnet ISD?

.....and that was funny, btw!

Cam
11-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Don't forget heart, Peter Frampton and don't forget the rolling uglys I mean stones
Those were the days.

....and The Who, Queen, Van Halen, The Doobie Brothers, King Crimson, Journey, Electric Light Orchestra, Scorpions, Uriah Heep, Steely Dan, Black Sabbath, Van Der Graf Generator, Supertramp, Judas Priest, Nick Drake, Premiata Forneria Marconi (Italian prog rock sensations!), Paul McCartney and Wings,.....etc...etc....yep, you guessed it....I'm a big music buff...collect vinyl and CD's up the wazzoo!......

ahh yes...Uriah Heep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdxdnUkka4o

Cam
11-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Not sure.....aren't they in Burnet ISD?

.....and that was funny, btw!

yep it is Burnet ISD....but I've never seen any homes out there....guess they're all hidden among the cedars and oaks......

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!.......

LionFan72
11-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Then you remember the whippings we gave the Rams in the 70's then? We were in the same district for a few years back then?

91 lion
11-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Where we belong?

......4 round

Regional Finals

better known as the Quarter Finals to the old timers...

garciap77
11-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Where we belong?

......4 round

Regional Finals

better known as the Quarter Finals to the old timers...

Time to update this puppy! LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg.html)

91 lion
11-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Time to update this puppy! LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg.html)

you should probably wait until after next week to update it....;)

garciap77
11-27-2015, 05:10 PM
you should probably wait until after next week to update it....;)

91 lion
11-30-2015, 06:54 PM

So is it safe to say that we belong in the top 10....seeing as though there's only 8 left?

Btw, any word on the M&G?

95mustang
11-30-2015, 08:53 PM
So is it safe to say that we belong in the top 10....seeing as though there's only 8 left?

Btw, any word on the M&G?

I would think halftime at the north end of the stadium. That is where they have been held in the past.

slingshot
11-30-2015, 09:02 PM
I would think halftime at the north end of the stadium. That is where they have been held in the past.Wish I could make it... but will likely be busy in the locker room.

garciap77
12-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I would think halftime at the north end of the stadium. That is where they have been held in the past.:iagree:

91 lion
12-01-2015, 09:38 PM
:iagree:

Good deal...

LionFan72
12-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Wish I could make it... but will likely be busy in the locker room.

I actually hate :tisk: any injuries to a student athlete and am ashamed to say, but I honestly hope you are icing bruises and killed egos by halftime! Good luck, and prayers for no injuries for either team! We both need to be healthy for next week.

slingshot
12-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I actually hate :tisk: any injuries to a student athlete and am ashamed to say, but I honestly hope you are icing bruises and killed egos by halftime! Good luck, and prayers for no injuries for either team! We both need to be healthy for next week.Bruises--no problem. I am sick of fractured collarbones (we have lost 3 starters to this), torn ACL's, broken thumbs, torn rotator cuffs, etc, etc... people in the stands I think forget how violent a sport football on the field really is. I have sutured lacerations in the locker room, reduced fractures and put dislocated joints back into place more times than I care to remember. Worst one was riding 30 miles in an ambulance with a kid who broke his neck on the field--don't care to ever have to do that again. Bumps, bruises and sprains too numerous to count.

slingshot
12-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I even do it for opposing teams if they don't have a sideline Doc...

toddg
12-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Bruises--no problem. I am sick of fractured collarbones (we have lost 3 starters to this), torn ACL's, broken thumbs, torn rotator cuffs, etc, etc... people in the stands I think forget how violent a sport football on the field really is. I have sutured lacerations in the locker room, reduced fractures and put dislocated joints back into place more times than I care to remember. Worst one was riding 30 miles in an ambulance with a kid who broke his neck on the field--don't care to ever have to do that again. Bumps, bruises and sprains too numerous to count.

I hear ya..my son blindsided on opening kickoff, tear in acl, and meniscus in week2 playoff..thankful he was wearing lineman knee braces or it would have been much worse..

LionFan72
12-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Thanks slingshot, for taking interest and care of our youth! Yes, it is a violent sport, and it is good people like you that pick up the pieces! I know you do it as a profession, but you are an awesome to come out and take the field with your kids! Kudos are just not enough, but you are well deserving of a crown! Not the state crown I might add, just a crown!

slingshot
12-04-2015, 12:10 AM
Thanks LF72. I do it because I love the kids... and because I get the best seat in the house!

91 lion
12-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Where we belong? At home....after a hard fought December game versus a team that had our number. This year has proven to be one with a lot of expectations met....and exceeded. No one would have predicted a regional finals appearance for this team, nor a double digit win total before the year began. This young bunch evolved into a cohesive unit that no one really wanted to see on their schedule. To me, that's a pretty good year.

Go Lions!

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Class post 91...I get it..Congrats on a great season. Even greater times ahead.

ccmom
12-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Where we belong? At home....after a hard fought December game versus a team that had our number. This year has proven to be one with a lot of expectations met....and exceeded. No one would have predicted a regional finals appearance for this team, nor a double digit win total before the year began. This young bunch evolved into a cohesive unit that no one really wanted to see on their schedule. To me, that's a pretty good year.

Go Lions!:clap: :clap: Well said!! Brownwood has much to be proud of and to look forward to!

LionFan72
12-06-2015, 02:12 AM
Very proud of this bunch of Lions, came up a lil short to a tough Wylie bunch! Go gettim Wylie!

Cant say enough how much I appreciate the fine entertainment this bunch of Lions has provided us this year. No one but the Brownwood faithful gave you much of a chance in August, but you pulled together and made yourselves proud and gave us a sense of overwhelming the odds! hold you heads high as few have accomplished your measure! Go Lions!!

Texas High School Football has been shown greatness out the hearts of these athletes!

Hollyville
08-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Here we are.

clcannon17
08-12-2016, 06:04 PM
The forum lives!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

toddg
08-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Here we are.yeah, there ya'll are..👽

Red Carpet
08-13-2016, 02:54 PM
should be fun this yr......Who was the Sville guy that was arguing with Beast about that Freshman game last year??? Something about a dropped interception near the goal line. Did those 2 boys meet up in track? Just wondering....I know both have speed and never heard anything about it.

Hollyville
08-13-2016, 09:09 PM
should be fun this yr......Who was the Sville guy that was arguing with Beast about that Freshman game last year??? Something about a dropped interception near the goal line. Did those 2 boys meet up in track? Just wondering....I know both have speed and never heard anything about it.

I don't recall individual, but think they both ran the same relays. The Ville kid will be starting RB.

hollywood
09-25-2016, 02:41 PM

I don't recall individual, but think they both ran the same relays. The Ville kid will be starting RB.

That was myself and my good friend BEAST. I don't think they ran against each other. I think the Ville kid was injured some of the time during track season.

Update on this season... the Ville kid, Krece Nowak, has been scorching teams this season with his athleticism and speed. Just a Soph and 145 lbs, he's racked up some serious yards. Through 5 games, he's accounted for 1048 all purpose yards: rushed for 851 yards and and receptions for 197 yards. Scored 8 TD's.. 7 rushing and 1 receiving. Fun player to watch!

BwdLion73
09-25-2016, 04:32 PM
I believe the little Beast ran a kickoff back 70 something yards against Giddings last week.

Sounded like he has plenty of speed from what I have heard. ;)

hollywood
09-25-2016, 05:25 PM
I believe the little Beast ran a kickoff back 70 something yards against Giddings last week.

Sounded like he has plenty of speed from what I have heard. ;)

Oh I know he's got speed. Good athlete! Can't wait until the good ole Battle of 377 in a few weeks! The Ville has new life. They've figured some things out. Just wait until you see our RB. You won't beleive your eyes. Hard to tackle and even harder to catch. Hehe

BwdLion73
09-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Well it's good they got things figured out. Last week all I read was will we win 2 games this year or go 0-10, players standing dejected on the sideline and will the coach last the season.

Now on the Graham thread the talk from the
ville is will we win district!

Fall is here....:p

hollywood
09-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Well it's good they got things figured out. Last week all I read was will we win 2 games this year or go 0-10, players standing dejected on the sideline and will the coach last the season.

Now on the Graham thread the talk from the
ville is will we win district!

Fall is here....:p

Truth be know, there was much confusion as to what was going on. Everyone knew this team would be awefully young overall, but no one expected the level of enthusiasm to be what it was. Whatever happened at the team meeting straight after the Decatur game, worked. Word is they had the best practices last week than they have had all year. We'll see how they respond this week against 5A Lubbock Monterrey.

JacketSwarm
09-28-2016, 10:02 PM
brownwood is back where they belong. struggling.

Fire Away

toddg
09-29-2016, 12:37 AM
brownwood is back where they belong. struggling.

Fire Awayi would t call beating a pretty good Giddings team struggling..

WOS87
09-29-2016, 01:41 AM
i would t call beating a pretty good Giddings team struggling..

Didn't Giddings lose to a Region IV team that wasn't Cuero or Sinton?

toddg
09-29-2016, 08:02 AM
Didn't Giddings lose to a Region IV team that wasn't Cuero or Sinton? navarro?

JacketSwarm
09-29-2016, 10:20 AM
wood fans have been quite this season. wonder why because they are back where they belong. in a hole full of lost dreams.

Fire Away

slingshot
09-29-2016, 10:56 AM
wood fans have been quite this season. wonder why because they are back where they belong. in a hole full of lost dreams.

Fire AwaySomebody kick the rock you live under? Haven't heard from you all season while Ville was getting beat, they win one game and guess who pops up? :ack!:

JacketSwarm
09-30-2016, 01:26 PM
been working. seeing the Jackets have found something. season about to get started for real. we ready

FIRE AWAY