PDA

View Full Version : Assisted Driving Technology

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2015, 03:49 PM
So lots of new cars are coming out with the technology that keeps you in your lane when you start to drift, automatically brakes when you get too close to a far in front, notifies you if you start to change lanes and someone is next to you, etc. This is supposed to help reduce the number of wrecks.

My question is this: Sometimes you may actually need to speed up and/or get close to someone to actually avoid a wreck, or maybe you just want to be an A-hole and cut somebody off. Will the car automatically prevent you from making certain maneuvers? How does the assisted driving technology actually know when to help and when to not help?

ronwx5x
09-04-2015, 05:15 PM
So lots of new cars are coming out with the technology that keeps you in your lane when you start to drift, automatically brakes when you get too close to a far in front, notifies you if you start to change lanes and someone is next to you, etc. This is supposed to help reduce the number of wrecks.

My question is this: Sometimes you may actually need to speed up and/or get close to someone to actually avoid a wreck, or maybe you just want to be an A-hole and cut somebody off. Will the car automatically prevent you from making certain maneuvers? How does the assisted driving technology actually know when to help and when to not help?I'm all for any technology that stops anyone from being an A-hole!!!