PDA

View Full Version : Texas @ Notre Dame

Roughneck93
09-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Hook'em....

http://youtu.be/pEexP4g2eOY

Saggy Aggie
09-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Before I could make a prediction, i had to figure out who was starting at QB....

Swoopes won the job? I thought heard was the next great thing?

ND by 17, only cuz they suck too. It'd be worse if ND was decent

Lion70
09-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Irish 38 texas university 17
Doesn't matter as long as the horns lose. Personally I am hoping for a 70-0 type game

pancho villa
09-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Irish by 28

hookandladder
09-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Before I could make a prediction, i had to figure out who was starting at QB....

Swoopes won the job? I thought heard was the next great thing?

ND by 17, only cuz they suck too. It'd be worse if ND was decent

Is ND as good as your aggys, if so then I guess your aggys suck also.

hookandladder
09-04-2015, 03:07 PM
If Swoopes has really progressed from last year then Texas could make a game of it, if not could be long night for my Horns. Honestly I do not see Heard being any better then Swoopes right now, hopefully I am wrong . In my eyes right now If Swoopes and Heard both fail early , look for Locksley by mid year, kid may not have had the impressive stats coming out of HS but the kid has game and is a coaches son. Hookem

slpybear the bullfan
09-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Swoopes was named starter. That speaks volume about what my expectations have become for this season.

I'll be watching this game with my Johnnie Walker Black well in hand.

hookandladder
09-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Swoopes was named starter. That speaks volume about what my expectations have become for this season.

I'll be watching this game with my Johnnie Walker Black well in hand.

I have my doubts also about the QB's situation also but let's remember neither one of these QB's were recruited by Strong and Watson, sometimes you have no choice and this is one of those times. I will be willing to bet neither QB will be the starter next year unless one of them proves everyone wrong. I hope I am one of them proven wrong, HookEm.

Saggy Aggie
09-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Is ND as good as your aggys, if so then I guess your aggys suck also.

No, they're not as good.

New Taiton
09-05-2015, 09:39 AM
but let's remember neither one of these QB's were recruited by Strong and Watson, sometimes you have no choice and this is one of those times. .

Then don't also forget that coach strong did not bring in a true qb in his 2015 class. Maybe he was content with what he had on campus? He did have a choice to bring in a premiere signal caller in February but refused to do so.

Scoop27
09-05-2015, 12:05 PM
I'll have to miss the game unless I recorder it as we have a big family wedding in Hungerford today. I don't think Swoppes is the answer. Horns will be lucky to score 21 points

hookandladder
09-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Then don't also forget that coach strong did not bring in a true qb in his 2015 class. Maybe he was content with what he had on campus? He did have a choice to bring in a premiere signal caller in February but refused to do so.

Locksley is going surprise you, he is way better then HS stats. You are all about numbers, that is what cause Texas missing out on some quality QB in his backyard. Bree's is one of them, numbers in HS does not make you successful at the next level.

Roughneck93
09-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Yikes....lol

Roughneck93
09-05-2015, 09:00 PM
:ack!:

Saggy Aggie
09-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Lol, 31-3....

Tejastrue
09-05-2015, 09:22 PM
The better game is Texas State at FSU..at least for now. For those who thought UT had a chance this early on must be senile...

Roughneck93
09-05-2015, 09:38 PM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/qFWLynH2QJmhUi9HLpHgu_-AFh8=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4033750/texaspunch.0.gif

orange machine
09-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Texas is pretty awful.

Saggy Aggie
09-05-2015, 09:47 PM
hey guys, at least A&M is beating the #15 ranked team by 3 TDs.....

Gen.Pat
09-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Texas has not had a real quality QB since Colt McCoy went down against Bama .

Lion70
09-06-2015, 05:02 AM
That was impressive lol guess hookandladder can discontinued his natty tickets that he ordered.

1st and goal
09-06-2015, 07:29 AM
crickets chirping

1st and goal
09-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Did Flowers get flagged for that?

hookandladder
09-06-2015, 08:28 AM
If Swoopes has really progressed from last year then Texas could make a game of it, if not could be long night for my Horns. Honestly I do not see Heard being any better then Swoopes right now, hopefully I am wrong . In my eyes right now If Swoopes and Heard both fail early , look for Locksley by mid year, kid may not have had the impressive stats coming out of HS but the kid has game and is a coaches son. Hookem

Pretty much sums it up, defense did not play well either. With Swoopes at QB, nothing will get better. Look for Locksley by game three, Texas offense is just downright bad.

hookandladder
09-06-2015, 08:33 AM
That was impressive lol guess hookandladder can discontinued his natty tickets that he ordered.

Hey Loin, win, lose or draw your aggyland still Sucks big time. LOL.

orange machine
09-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Pretty much sums it up, defense did not play well either. With Swoopes at QB, nothing will get better. Look for Locksley by game three, Texas offense is just downright bad.

Can't blame it all on Swoops when he is getting no time to do anything and running for his life. Swoops is probably not the answer, but the oline is the worst I've seen it. Fix the oline and you will have some success. Does that translate to wins probably sum against lesser opponents.

1st and goal
09-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Hey Loin, win, lose or draw your aggyland still Sucks big time. LOL.

Sour grapes. :1popcorn::taunt::2thumbsup:spitlol::spitlol:

hookandladder
09-06-2015, 09:30 AM

No sour grapes , Texas is just down as a team big time and that's just facts. Just saying as a Longhorn , atm still sucks just like OU and you can throw your Buffs in there as well. Lol.

hookandladder
09-06-2015, 09:34 AM

Can't blame it all on Swoops when he is getting no time to do anything and running for his life. Swoops is probably not the answer, but the oline is the worst I've seen it. Fix the oline and you will have some success. Does that translate to wins probably sum against lesser opponents.

All true, my biggest issue with Swoopes is he is to slow at all phases of his game, slow, cannot read defenses and definitely cannot extend plays like real Duel threat QB's. OL definitely did not help much also but he still needs to make something out of nothing at times, he just does not have that ability. Still a Horn forever, just long way to go. Hookem

Roughneck93
09-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Did Flowers get flagged for that?
Yup....

Roughneck93
09-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Horns looked worse than I thought they would.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Roughneck93
09-06-2015, 05:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/588154136773795840/g6RQ1RTR_reasonably_small.jpg (https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanSpieth)
Jordan Spieth
‏@JordanSpieth (https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanSpieth)

Texas' offense looking about as useful as my last 4 rounds....

5:50 PM - 5 Sep 2015
19.5K RETWEETS. 22.3K FAVORITES

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2015, 05:11 PM
All true, my biggest issue with Swoopes is he is to slow at all phases of his game, slow, cannot read defenses and definitely cannot extend plays like real Duel threat QB's. OL definitely did not help much also but he still needs to make something out of nothing at times, he just does not have that ability.

Could there be a reason his high school team was 1-9 his senior year? This is an honest question based upon your comments above. I mean some kids have the physical tools but dont have what it takes on the inside.

hookandladder
09-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Could there be a reason his high school team was 1-9 his senior year? This is an honest question based upon your comments above. I mean some kids have the physical tools but dont have what it takes on the inside.

A simple yes, playing at a school that small he should have been able to win half his games if he was that good. Horrible decision by Mack Brown to take him over Barrett. I am still not convinced Heard did not get a concussion during the ND game, no way Swoopes was your best opition in the second half. Something just does not add up, both were definitely playing scared all game. Lots of problems and if not improved , Rice will come in and win this week.

bwdlionfan
09-07-2015, 06:59 PM
A simple yes, playing at a school that small he should have been able to win half his games if he was that good. Horrible decision by Mack Brown to take him over Barrett. I am still not convinced Heard did not get a concussion during the ND game, no way Swoopes was your best opition in the second half. Something just does not add up, both were definitely playing scared all game. Lots of problems and if not improved , Rice will come in and win this week.

I'm right there with you on the Heard-concussion possibility. If there was no concern of a concussion from Heard, then Strong's decision making on who he's playing really needs to be evaluated. It's time to get some fresh legs in there.

I've also been saying this same thing all along... if Swoopes was really that good, then he would have won a handful of games at such a small school regardless of how bad the rest of his team was.

1st and goal
09-07-2015, 08:28 PM
I actually feel sorry for Swoopes even though I like to tease Hook. It is sad that he didn't have a millisecond to see, read and process. No time is a bad situation for any QB.

hookandladder
09-08-2015, 06:24 AM
I actually feel sorry for Swoopes even though I like to tease Hook. It is sad that he didn't have a millisecond to see, read and process. No time is a bad situation for any QB.

That is also true however most QB's at this level can make some plays with there feet, Swoopes is not one of them. Just to slow overall making reads and making adjustment, that to me is a direct result of playing at a small school where he only had to make one read then tuck it and run over or around most players. In a small school you just do not get the coaching as you would from the higher levels, I would bet Swoopes spent very little time in the film room during his HS days. Like most have seen last year and first game this year, Texas overall talent level is still very low with no QB to help out.

Macarthur
09-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Two things that I said months ago.

1. Texas will go as their QB play will go. I think that's all that needs to be said about that.

2. Many just felt that Charlie would reload on defense, but everyone seemed to forget that they had 6 guys off the defense last year that went in the NFL draft! That's a lot of talent, and Mac's recruiting had not been good the last couple of years.

There are two major problems for UT right now. One, they simply have a talent deficit. They are much less talented than Baylor, OU. KSU and TCU and possibly Tech and OSU. That is staggering.

And the second issue, which I think is the most disturbing, they didn't compete. They flat out didn't compete. That should really scare the UT faithful that their 2nd year coach can get a team to play hard and compete.

slpybear the bullfan
09-08-2015, 11:55 AM
After watching this game it felt like there had only been a week pass by between the Bowl Debacle against Arky and this Debacle in South Bend.

Looks like I will keep my Local Liquor Store in business this season.

Wow. Just wow.

New Taiton
09-08-2015, 02:21 PM
After watching this game it felt like there had only been a week pass by between the Bowl Debacle against Arky and this Debacle in South Bend.

This is what baffles me.

Could it be fair to say that UT wasted the entire off season with regards to their offense.

1st and goal
09-08-2015, 04:46 PM

Looks like I will keep my Local Liquor Store in business this season.

Wow. Just wow.

Not making excuses but at least they got whipped by 2 really strong teams. OTOH, when other teams are climbing over each other to schedule UT as their cupcake team, that is a sad day. A very humbling experience for their fanship I would believe.

hookandladder
09-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Not making excuses but at least they got whipped by 2 really strong teams. OTOH, when other teams are climbing over each other to schedule UT as their cupcake team, that is a sad day. A very humbling experience for their fanship I would believe.

Speaking from experience for sure, LMAO.

hookandladder
09-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Well now Wickline for sure will be paying OSU their 600K, Norvell has taken over sole playing calling duties. Gotta try something, also betting Heard will start against Rice. Hookem

hollywood
09-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Well now Wickline for sure will be paying OSU their 600K, Norvell has taken over sole playing calling duties. Gotta try something, also betting Heard will start against Rice. Hookem

Desperate measures for desperate times.

hollywood
09-08-2015, 08:56 PM
That is also true however most QB's at this level can make some plays with there feet, Swoopes is not one of them. Just to slow overall making reads and making adjustment, that to me is a direct result of playing at a small school where he only had to make one read then tuck it and run over or around most players. In a small school you just do not get the coaching as you would from the higher levels, I would bet Swoopes spent very little time in the film room during his HS days. Like most have seen last year and first game this year, Texas overall talent level is still very low with no QB to help out.

Colt McCoy was from a smaller school than Swoopes. It's not a small school issue, it's a football IQ issue. All the athletic talent in the world will not overcome the lack of football IQ... Especially at the QB position.

Roughneck93
09-08-2015, 09:10 PM

Yes, thank you!

Roughneck93
09-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Two things that I said months ago.

1. Texas will go as their QB play will go. I think that's all that needs to be said about that.

2. Many just felt that Charlie would reload on defense, but everyone seemed to forget that they had 6 guys off the defense last year that went in the NFL draft! That's a lot of talent, and Mac's recruiting had not been good the last couple of years.

There are two major problems for UT right now. One, they simply have a talent deficit. They are much less talented than Baylor, OU. KSU and TCU and possibly Tech and OSU. That is staggering.

And the second issue, which I think is the most disturbing, they didn't compete. They flat out didn't compete. That should really scare the UT faithful that their 2nd year coach can get a team to play hard and compete.

Agree 100% Mac. That was hard to watch.

hookandladder
09-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Colt McCoy was from a smaller school than Swoopes. It's not a small school issue, it's a football IQ issue. All the athletic talent in the world will not overcome the lack of football IQ... Especially at the QB position.

True but one goes with the other, also McCoy's dad was a coach. Huge difference.

duckhunter
09-09-2015, 09:08 AM
whats the over/under for Texas wins this year? 2?

I don't want to turn this in to a bashing Texas thread, but honestly hook what do the Texas fans see in Charlie Strong? Do you support him? Watching press conferences of his and catching a few minutes of the rewind they do on LHN he seems like he has the IQ of Vince Young. I cant understand a thing he says and it seems like he has no idea of what is offense is doing? It's almost to crazy to believe Texas is where they are right now.

And yes my family is nothing but aggies and bearkats, but I always admired Mack. He always seemed very genuine and was a smooth talker with everyone. To me I just can't believe UT is stuck with Strong who isn't any of those things. I just cant picture Strong at the country club in Austin for a fundraiser and the big time boosters actually liking him and supporting him?

hollywood
09-09-2015, 11:42 AM
hook, still doesn't change anything about Swoopes. Either you got it or you don't. Colt had it, Case didn't. Same dad, same coach and both came from a small school. The big questions should be with the Texas program in general. Why they couldn't land a better QB class than what they have been able to over the past few years is beyond me and says something about the program. Heck, look at the other 4 smaller universities in the state... Tech, Baylor, A&M and TCU. Their backups could start right now and make more of an impact than what Texas has now. Lol Sad days for Texas fans. How long will it last, not sure. We need Texas to be good to improve the conference, not water it down.

New Taiton
09-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Why they couldn't land a better QB class than what they have been able to over the past few years is beyond me and says something about the program.

Texas has signed a bunch of guys that a bunch of other universities wanted:

Ryan Perrioloux (actually decommitted at the 11th hour)
Garrett Gilbert - bust with a Super Bowl ring
Jevon Snead - transfer to Ole Miss
Jerrod Heard - TBD

The common factor is that none of those guys worked out but they were all highly sought after. More or less, it can just be said that Texas has had bad luck since VY when it comes to QB's and got a winner with Colt.

I will say that Coach Strong screwed the pooch when he entertained Kyler Murray last year at the expense of his only true QB who then decommitted and eventually signed with Michigan. And I know Hook is high on Kai Locksley, but the truth of the matter is that Kai was an eleventh hour offer from Texas who needed someone to be the 2015's class QB. Unfortunately for Coach Strong, it's going to take a high profile OC hire to entice kids to "take a chance".

hookandladder
09-09-2015, 01:48 PM
hook, still doesn't change anything about Swoopes. Either you got it or you don't. Colt had it, Case didn't. Same dad, same coach and both came from a small school. The big questions should be with the Texas program in general. Why they couldn't land a better QB class than what they have been able to over the past few years is beyond me and says something about the program. Heck, look at the other 4 smaller universities in the state... Tech, Baylor, A&M and TCU. Their backups could start right now and make more of an impact than what Texas has now. Lol Sad days for Texas fans. How long will it last, not sure. We need Texas to be good to improve the conference, not water it down.

I am not disagreeing with anything you've said, all good points. Hell the Merrick kid that Watson just signed should never see the field either, the kid is a project and supposedly has been working with Kevin Murray. He has the worst throwing motion I have ever seen by a D-1 QB other Trey Holtz, LOL.

hookandladder
09-09-2015, 01:54 PM

Jerrod Heard - TBD

The common factor is that none of those guys worked out but they were all highly sought after. More or less, it can just be said that Texas has had bad luck since VY when it comes to QB's and got a winner with Colt.

I will say that Coach Strong screwed the pooch when he entertained Kyler Murray last year at the expense of his only true QB who then decommitted and eventually signed with Michigan. And I know Hook is high on Kai Locksley, but the truth of the matter is that Kai was an eleventh hour offer from Texas who needed someone to be the 2015's class QB. Unfortunately for Coach Strong, it's going to take a high profile OC hire to entice kids to "take a chance".

Yea Texas lost out to Michigan on him, funny thing is he was moved to TE. So I guess Texas really made a good decision, also Watson is a West Coast offensive guy and Strong wanted the spread offense. I think another school down the road had to change coordinators a time or two after changing HC, any you aggys remember that school. LOL.

Macarthur
09-09-2015, 01:58 PM

Jerrod Heard - TBD

This is true. Everyone wanted Swoopes, Gilbert, Heard, etc.

So there has to be something else. I think there has been very little development of kids once they arrive on campus in Austin. I think J. Gray is a good example. While he's a nice college RB, pretty much everyone thought this kid was going to be a superstar. Did he top out at 17 years old or has he not made progress in college. I don't know the answer, but it appears this has happened to quite a few kids at UT.

Also, back to QB, I think one of Mac's biggest failures was telling kids that they were the only player he was going to recruit. Given what had been happening, UT had no business telling Swoopes he was going to be the only QB in the class. I have family in the WF area and I've been told that JT Barrett and his family were practically begging for a UT offer, but they had committed to Swoopes so one did not come. JT went to Columbus and Urban offered - game over. And Charlie doesn't get a pass because I think he's mismanaged the QB recruiting, also.

And to Locksley, everything I've read says that virtually everyone was recruiting him as a WR so he strikes me as a Swoopes 2.0.

1st and goal
09-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Can't blame Swoopes and the offensive play caller for the defense being so bad. How many defensive coaches got canned?

hookandladder
09-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Can't blame Swoopes and the offensive play caller for the defense being so bad. How many defensive coaches got canned?

Are you drunk or high, LOL

1st and goal
09-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Are you drunk or high, LOL

So you think the defense played great? Are you drunk or high?

hookandladder
09-10-2015, 09:49 AM
So you think the defense played great? Are you drunk or high?

Your comment makes no sense, guess that's what happens when you graduate from Giddings. Lol

ronwx5x
09-10-2015, 02:37 PM
hook, still doesn't change anything about Swoopes. Either you got it or you don't. Colt had it, Case didn't. Same dad, same coach and both came from a small school. The big questions should be with the Texas program in general. Why they couldn't land a better QB class than what they have been able to over the past few years is beyond me and says something about the program. Heck, look at the other 4 smaller universities in the state... Tech, Baylor, A&M and TCU. Their backups could start right now and make more of an impact than what Texas has now. Lol Sad days for Texas fans. How long will it last, not sure. We need Texas to be good to improve the conference, not water it down.I understand A&M has more students enrolled than any other university in Texas, including UT.

1st and goal
09-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Your comment makes no sense, guess that's what happens when you graduate from Giddings. Lol

Every kid that ever graduated from Giddings is exponentially smarter than you by an additional order of magnitude. You ding a ling.

1st and goal
09-10-2015, 04:12 PM

By the way, get back to pressing those license plates.

hookandladder
09-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Every kid that ever graduated from Giddings is exponentially smarter than you by an additional order of magnitude. You ding a ling.

No one believes that crap other some dumb box of rocks, speak freaking English or just stay home. LMAO

hookandladder
09-10-2015, 08:27 PM

By the way, get back to pressing those license plates.

I think there are a few ex Giddings ball players probably making license plates right now. Tell us your profession , since you know mine. LMAO

1st and goal
09-11-2015, 08:41 AM
I think there are a few ex Giddings ball players probably making license plates right now. Tell us your profession , since you know mine. LMAO

I am a professional hook agitator. ding a ling.

hookandladder
09-11-2015, 10:02 AM
I am a professional hook agitator. ding a ling.

You are a professional nothing, LOL.

hollywood
09-11-2015, 02:53 PM
I understand A&M has more students enrolled than any other university in Texas, including UT.

:eek:

When did that happen?

PhiI C
09-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Be politically correct! :mad: