PDA

View Full Version : Luling @ Navarro CANCELLED

bag-o-chips
09-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Heard that the DC for Luling died either Sunday night or Monday morning. Sad deal and the Funeral is scheduled for Friday. No ther details as of now .

vincehaass1994
09-01-2015, 05:26 PM
I don't have any details on the death of the DC, but Navarro is looking to pick up a team for a game Friday, though its not seeming to be an easy find. I'll update y'all if I hear more. My condolences to to the family and the whole Luling community.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

bag-o-chips
09-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Luling head coach Scott Campbell confirmed to the American-Statesman on Tuesday that the Eagles had called off a road game against Geronimo Navarro that was set for Friday. Luling defensive coordinator Ralph Lymas passed away on Monday morning, and his funeral service is scheduled for Saturday.

Lymas had been the Eagles’ defensive coordinator since 2012. Before he arrived in Luling, he held head coaching jobs at Karnack and Hearne.

Campbell had not been told about what caused Lymas’ death, but he noted that his assistant coach wasn’t feeling well on Saturday. The Eagles were able to visit Lymas’ wife on Monday.

“That was good… for the kids to express what Coach Lymas meant to the boys,” said Campbell, who is in his first season with the Eagles. “Each kid handled it a little differently. We’re just really trying to return to normalcy the next couple of days.”

The Eagles are set to return to practice on Tuesday. The team will observe a moment of silence for Lymas before a home game against Blanco on Sept. 11, and Campbell said the team will honor the coach with helmet decals.

Luling opened its season with an 8-6 loss to Schulenburg on Aug. 28.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Hey Bag-o, I can put the word out over on the 956 boards, see if I can get you any bites for a game down in the RGV. Would Navarro be willing to travel if it needed to?

BTW, post made on the 956 Boards for you, sir. Hope y'all are able to get a game scheduled! ALSO, quick question. If Navarro isn't able to get a game this week, what week does Navarro have their BYE?

bag-o-chips
09-01-2015, 07:21 PM
It was a home opener. I doubt they would travel. May be able to find a 6A Jv team.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Oh, it was a home game? Darn, ok. So a HOME game for you would be best, but if it came to it, would a neutral site suffice?

bag-o-chips
09-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Oct. 23 but that is the open week before Wimberley so I don't know if they would. I will keep you posted. Thanks

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-01-2015, 07:26 PM
So 6A JV and 5A 4A and 3A varsity teams preferred?

I'm asking because I'm notifying a friend of mine, a coach, from the Refugio area so that he can get the word out as well.

bag-o-chips
09-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Yes sir! Thanks

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Well, I got in contact with Matt Stepp from The Old Coach (aka Matthew328 here I believe). Turned out, he had already sent out a mass text about it.

Hope y'all get one! I hate when a team only plays 9 games instead of the full 10.

bag-o-chips
09-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the help. Thought we had a 6A JV lined up but they backed out when they saw the Medina Valley score.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the help. Thought we had a 6A JV lined up but they backed out when they saw the Medina Valley score.

Ouch! LMAO. The curse of being too good, I guess.

Leopardfan201
09-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Ya r very good..only time will tell..when ya go up against a elite 4A squad

vincehaass1994
09-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Ya r very good..only time will tell..when ya go up against a elite 4A squad
We play La Vernia in a few weeks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk