PDA

View Full Version : Trick Plays

Cam
09-01-2015, 10:12 AM
I was just wonderin', why is it when my team scores on a trick play some folks look at it negatively. "Oh, I just noticed ya'll won on account of a trick play!"......Almost like trick plays cheapen the victory......but when their team does it, it's all good!!..Great coaching and execution!......Cracks me up!!!.......:clap:

greendawg84
09-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Like you said , depends on if you are the giver or the receiver .......

Cam
09-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Like you said , depends on if you are the giver or the receiver .......

....G-Dawg, you tryin' to talk nasty??.....

Rabid Cougar
09-01-2015, 11:13 AM
I was just wonderin', why is it when my team scores on a trick play some folks look at it negatively. "Oh, I just noticed ya'll won on account of a trick play!"......Almost like trick plays cheapen the victory......but when their team does it, it's all good!!..Great coaching and execution!......Cracks me up!!!.......:clap:

There is deception and trickery on every play. Some are more overt than others.

panfan
09-01-2015, 11:17 AM

what makes a trick play a trick play? Deception? not the norm? Hell, isn't an entire offensive scheme based just on that premise alone? QB fakes hand off to back then drops back or rolls out, etc. The trick in Trick plays is knowing when to use a play that is not the norm or expectation and then executing it. As long as it is within the rules, I say trick play away.

Cam
09-01-2015, 12:00 PM
what makes a trick play a trick play? Deception? not the norm? Hell, isn't an entire offensive scheme based just on that premise alone? QB fakes hand off to back then drops back or rolls out, etc. The trick in Trick plays is knowing when to use a play that is not the norm or expectation and then executing it. As long as it is within the rules, I say trick play away.

....that sounded a little tricky to me!......had to read it twice!......panfan, you're too dang smart for me!!.....next time, take it down a notch.....

toddg
09-01-2015, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLxxh...ature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLxxhGL9jks&feature=youtu.be)

good sell by the QB..

panfan
09-01-2015, 02:42 PM
....that sounded a little tricky to me!......had to read it twice!......panfan, you're too dang smart for me!!.....next time, take it down a notch.....

Trick plays ok. Better? Except when burnet runs them.

GUNHO
09-02-2015, 09:51 AM
I remember one year wo-s played png,which is who we play Friday and they were big underdogs.They had nothing to lose.I never saw so many trick plays in one game in my life.It was kind of entertaining to see what they would come up with next.Some worked,some didn't.They still lost.lol

FB-fanatic
09-02-2015, 08:37 PM
I saw video of Bruceville-Eddy, owner of the current longest non-playoff streak in the state, win their first game of the season by use of a very well executed hook-and-lateral.