PDA

View Full Version : Argyle/ Denison

Wayne
08-31-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty impressed with Argyle's Defense. As far as the offense, they will get it together and be very dangerous. I'm gonna say Argyle by 10

regaleagle
09-01-2015, 12:17 AM
The Denison Yellowjackets went to town on the Frisco Liberty Redhawks 49-7 last week.....but that was Frisco Liberty. I noticed they have a very capable young soph qb that has some size and is athletic. And evidently their defense ain't too shabby either. But I reckon this week against a very good Argyle team they will run into a brick wall on offense. The Eagle defense will stymie their offensive output. I look for Argyle's offense to make great strides each game here early in the season. Ledford has ability, and when he gets comfortable with the offense he will be a good one for the Eagles. I think he may turn out to be very good by the time he graduates in 2017. He's got plenty of help around him this season to grow into his role and hone his abilities.

Wayne
09-01-2015, 06:44 AM
I agree Regal, I'm ready to see Ledford unleash his abilities.
Any word on the O lineman that got hurt last week at AW?

Aguilafanatico
09-01-2015, 08:48 AM
I agree Regal, I'm ready to see Ledford unleash his abilities.
Any word on the O lineman that got hurt last week at AW?

The defense looked good all night, they were simply dominant in the second half. AW was able to mount one sustained drive the entire night. The Dline and LBs were awesome. Coaches said we posted 7 sacks from 7 different players. I expect it to be that way all year as this group is really good. Offensively we struggled. The oline did not play particularly well. Issues are coachable as it appears to be missed assignments that were hurting us. AW also has some really good players. 89 and 66 were all over the place. The second half was much better and in the fourth quarter it appeard that the Argyle Oline had worn the AW front 6 down some. I expect this offense will be very explosive when they get rolling. A big, strong oline and too much skill not to. Estrada, McCook, Chalk, Ledford, Sweatt......too much. No predictions but imo AW>Denison. Should be a fun year.

slingshot
09-01-2015, 11:49 AM
The defense looked good all night, they were simply dominant in the second half. AW was able to mount one sustained drive the entire night. The Dline and LBs were awesome. Coaches said we posted 7 sacks from 7 different players. I expect it to be that way all year as this group is really good. Offensively we struggled. The oline did not play particularly well. Issues are coachable as it appears to be missed assignments that were hurting us. AW also has some really good players. 89 and 66 were all over the place. The second half was much better and in the fourth quarter it appeard that the Argyle Oline had worn the AW front 6 down some. I expect this offense will be very explosive when they get rolling. A big, strong oline and too much skill not to. Estrada, McCook, Chalk, Ledford, Sweatt......too much. No predictions but imo AW>Denison. Should be a fun year.Your D is very good. We will prob end up with 3 new starters on our O-line this week because of it! Losing one of our starting corners early really hurt our pass coverage and ya'll made us pay. Two green starters at CB and 5 guys on the O-line that have never started a varsity game against a team like Argyle usually is not going to end well. If I know Coach Martin (Defensive Coordinator) Coach Hibbits (O-line) and Coach Sandifer we will get better... much better.

d0tc0m
09-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Argyle wins again and figures a few more things out about their 2015 squad and gets a little bit better. Next week should be fun.

Wayne
09-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Slingshot, I was pretty impressed with yalls D, strong pass rush, strong and physical secondary. Yall will have another good year.

Aguilafanatico
09-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Argyle wins again and figures a few more things out about their 2015 squad and gets a little bit better. Next week should be fun.

Does Argyle have a game next week? Against who?:stirpot:

Aguilafanatico
09-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Slingshot, I was pretty impressed with yalls D, strong pass rush, strong and physical secondary. Yall will have another good year.

:iagree:

Eagle Nation
09-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Next week, we'll be at a stadium that will only seat our band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
09-01-2015, 08:28 PM
That's cute.

Eagle Nation
09-01-2015, 08:32 PM
We know it's a little bigger than that.

d0tc0m
09-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Also cute.

slingshot
09-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Curious to see how we both stack up against Graham. Reports I hear is their QB is better, LB's as a group are better and they're not quite as good on the D-line as last year. Good luck the rest of the year (at least until the Semi's:thumbsup: )and hope your kids stay healthy

Eagle Nation
09-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Sling, that's the important things is that all the kids stay healthy no matter what we say about each team on here. Good luck to AW this week.

briandumith*
09-01-2015, 09:46 PM
The game at Jerry World last year was nuts.. I listened to it and was on the edge of my seat... I still see Argyle with the win.. In the scrimmage with Graham last month.. Denison started out good but faded fast.. and by the time the live quarter started we had our way.. I see this game going that way.. with Argyle pulling away when it matters.. Good luck to both teams..

Aguilafanatico
09-02-2015, 10:35 AM
I've seen Denison on film and they don't look nearly as explosive as they were last year. They definitely lost their QB and quite a bit of skill. That said, they can be as dangerous as the defense allows them to be. I have confidence that the Argyle D will have a much better performance vs Denison than they did last year.....couldn't get much worse.

Leopard4Life
09-02-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm leaning toward picking Denison this year. I was surprised this game was as close as it was last year and Denison is improved pretty much across the board and I think I read somewhere this is a home game for the Jackets. The AW game didn't tell me much about who is up and who is down. I think Liberty is down and Denison is up, hence the lopsided score. Give me Denison in a close one.

Wayne
09-02-2015, 07:15 PM
That's fair. But also remember, AW, and Argyle were both ranked in the top 10. Both good teams with good track records. I hope Denison can handle that Beef Argyle puts up front.

d0tc0m
09-02-2015, 07:22 PM
If this one is close, it'll only be close because it's the second game of the year. Argyle would run away and hide with this one if it was later in the year, IMO. The Eagles are only gonna get better.

Sparker
09-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Get Ready!!

Aguilafanatico
09-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Liberty may very well be down but Argyle is not. Not sure if we are talking about the same Argyle team. Otherwise, Denison will be a good test but I believe the Eagles handle the challenge.

Aguilafanatico
09-02-2015, 10:30 PM
If this one is close, it'll only be close because it's the second game of the year. Argyle would run away and hide with this one if it was later in the year, IMO. The Eagles are only gonna get better.

Have you been in the coaching sessions? I hate to agree with Celina backers but.......

Aguilafanatico
09-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Get Ready!!

Welcome back Sparker. Haven't seen you around this week.

d0tc0m
09-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Have you been in the coaching sessions? I hate to agree with Celina backers but.......

Nah, just saw some of that Abilene Wylie game film. Argyle has a lot of good pieces, maybe better and more balanced than last year. Obviously not having Ralston hurts, but it seems like there's talent in other places to balance that out. QB looks like he'll be a good one as he settles into his role. Eagles are big and strong in the lines and are only going to get in more of a rhythm. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles playing in NRG Stadium in December.

Aguilafanatico
09-02-2015, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=d0tc0m;1867433]Nah, just saw some of that Abilene Wylie game film. Argyle has a lot of good pieces, maybe better and more balanced than last year. Obviously not having Ralston hurts, but it seems like there's talent in other places to balance that out. QB looks like he'll be a good one as he settles into his role. Eagles are big and strong in the lines and are only going to get in more of a rhythm. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles playing in NRG Stadium in December.[/QUOTE

Argyle is no different than any other program right now. They are working some things out. A ton of senior talent but many adjusting to new roles/positions. This team is loaded but agree that Nick is not here anymore. It was easy last year to just let him handle games where we were struggling. Overall talent and experience would lead you to believe that this team will be better. It might take some time for them to hit their stride though. Once (and if) they do, look out. This team is loaded. Till then, we take it one game at a time.

Aguilafanatico
09-02-2015, 10:57 PM
By the way, I hear that Nick is in the gameplan this week vs Texas A&M Saturday night. The fact that he was not redshirted at a program as solid as Arizona St speaks volumes. He is #22 for AZ St.
Forks Up!

Sparker
09-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Welcome back Sparker. Haven't seen you around this week. Yeah, I hate when the work thing gets in the way of what's really important.... 🏈 Football!! I Heard practice was good yesterday. Ready to take it to em!

d0tc0m
09-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Argyle is no different than any other program right now. They are working some things out. ...

In principle, sure. In reality, of course, they are a lot different. You better be different than the other 95 percent or so teams out there if you have a desire to be a title contender. If you're a top 5 team in any classification, you better be a heck of a lot different from the rest, or you're not a true top 5 team.

hollywood
09-03-2015, 02:55 PM
By the way, I hear that Nick is in the gameplan this week vs Texas A&M Saturday night. The fact that he was not redshirted at a program as solid as Arizona St speaks volumes. He is #22 for AZ St.
Forks Up!

Good to hear.. I'll be watching and hoping for an ASU win! I'm a non-aggie fan.

Aguilafanatico
09-03-2015, 04:03 PM
In principle, sure. In reality, of course, they are a lot different. You better be different than the other 95 percent or so teams out there if you have a desire to be a title contender. If you're a top 5 team in any classification, you better be a heck of a lot different from the rest, or you're not a true top 5 team.

My comment was more related to the early season tweaking that is going on with most every team this time of the year. Argyle is no different.

Wayne
09-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Aguilafanatico, I replied to your PM but it wouldn't send. Said you message box was full.

Sparker
09-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Getting Hyped!

Aguilafanatico
09-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Aguilafanatico, I replied to your PM but it wouldn't send. Said you message box was full.

Wayne

will clean it out tonight

Aguilafanatico
09-03-2015, 08:55 PM
inbox is clear.

Wayne
09-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Game day! Can't wait for kickoff.

Aguilafanatico
09-04-2015, 12:20 PM
:2thumbsup Time to get the train rolling! :inlove:

Eagle Nation
09-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Just about time to head up to Denison. Time to bring another win home.

Eagle Nation
09-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Good start to the first half. We need to take care of the holding penalties. They are killing us. 34-13

regaleagle
09-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Sounded like that Soph QB Hunter Watson(6-4,205) is the real deal. Very athletic with speed, strength, and size. And very accurate throwing the ball. Denison will be good with him behind center. I think he will be getting lots of attention in the future. Gave the Argyle secondary some work they needed early in the season.

regaleagle
09-05-2015, 12:34 AM
According to Baseball America.....Hunter Watson is the #2 Top Prospect for the 2018 class. That's #2 in all of America, folks. The dude must be able to hum it in there impressively, huh?

Sparker
09-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Better performance by Argyle this week. Offense seems by to be able to move ball In certain packages. The defense is solid but the Eagles secondary is hit or miss. A consistent power running game is missing from this offense....IMO that is critical to success in the playoffs. Good win. Back to work and bring on Celina!

Aguilafanatico
09-05-2015, 02:54 AM
Dominant on both sides of the ball. Defense allowed only 13 points total (21 given up by 2's and 3's vs Denison offense 1's). Ledford really coming into his own at QB. Better catch Argyle early. 2-0 baby!!!