99IHSMustang
08-31-2015, 09:34 AM
Beeville 56
Ingleside -7

Good night!!!

MUSTANG69
08-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Good night!!!

If the Mustangs play like they did last week they will get beat badly. RGC did not have much offense. That is why the score was only 13-0. Any team that has a decent running game and can pass deep will murder us.

99IHSMustang
08-31-2015, 12:15 PM
If the Mustangs play like they did last week they will get beat badly. RGC did not have much offense. That is why the score was only 13-0. Any team that has a decent running game and can pass deep will murder us.

I guess sometimes you have to call it like you see it. Hopefully the team can get things turned around. The spread option requires the QB to make good reads on the DB's. If he doesn't get that down, they are going to have more and more problems.

Sounds like the defensive secondary is going to be a problem as well.

Snotbubbles
08-31-2015, 01:14 PM
I think you'll score more than 7 Mustang69. This is Beeville afterall.

I think they score your handle, 69-20. Most teams play them on their schedule cause they are a 5A cupcake like Lockheart and those Victoria direction schools. Makes them feel like they beat someone.

99IHSMustang
08-31-2015, 01:15 PM

I think they score your handle, 69-20. Most teams play them on their schedule cause they are a 5A cupcake like Lockheart and those Victoria direction schools. Makes them feel like they beat someone.

They are now 4a

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2015, 01:48 PM

I think they score your handle, 69-20. Most teams play them on their schedule cause they are a 5A cupcake like Lockheart and those Victoria direction schools. Makes them feel like they beat someone. :)

They're in district 15 4a D1

99IHSMustang
08-31-2015, 01:54 PM
:)

They're in district 15 4a D1

It is plain obvious that Snot was more concerned with digging that knife in rather than getting the facts straight.... :)

pirate4state
08-31-2015, 02:41 PM
I'll be rooting for Mitchell & the Trojans in this one! :wave:

MUSTANG69
08-31-2015, 08:41 PM
I guess sometimes you have to call it like you see it. Hopefully the team can get things turned around. The spread option requires the QB to make good reads on the DB's. If he doesn't get that down, they are going to have more and more problems.

Sounds like the defensive secondary is going to be a problem as well.

I hope I am completely wrong and last week's game was just a fluke. I don't think so. On a positive note, things can only get better for the Mustangs. They couldn't possibly get worse.:)

MUSTANG69
08-31-2015, 08:45 PM
It is plain obvious that Snot was more concerned with digging that knife in rather than getting the facts straight.... :)

Anything he says could not cause any more pain than watching the game last Friday at RGC.:ack!:

MUSTANG69
08-31-2015, 08:48 PM
I'll be rooting for Mitchell & the Trojans in this one! :wave:

I wouldn't expect anything less. Of course I'll be rooting for the "real" Pirates. Rockport-Fulton Pirates that is.

pirate4state
08-31-2015, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't expect anything less. Of course I'll be rooting for the "real" Pirates. Rockport-Fulton Pirates that is.

good for you, but you'll be rooting for 2 losing teams that night LMAO

Epicpirates
08-31-2015, 11:57 PM
good for you, but you'll be rooting for 2 losing teams that night LMAO

:iagree::2thumbsup

MustangFootball
09-01-2015, 07:41 AM
I've been harping on this for the last 2 yrs. we are not or will we ever be a running team, Ingleside went through a 40 yrs stretch of coaches before Hesseltine came in with his shotgun spread offense where he balanced the run and pass game depending on the year and his weakness those days of putting up big number are behind us....even if we had an average defense our offense helped us out. But to line up and just run the ball and try and keep up with these teams that can score is not gonna work especially if our defense isn't helping us out. We need to line up and think pass first, Ingleside isn't known for size but one things we always seem to have is speed and athletes and Hesseltine was really good at getting the ball in his playmakers hands. Granted we are down this season on athletes and our line is bigger than normal but I still say stick to the game plan.

99IHSMustang
09-01-2015, 08:42 AM
I've been harping on this for the last 2 yrs. we are not or will we ever be a running team, Ingleside went through a 40 yrs stretch of coaches before Hesseltine came in with his shotgun spread offense where he balanced the run and pass game depending on the year and his weakness those days of putting up big number are behind us....even if we had an average defense our offense helped us out. But to line up and just run the ball and try and keep up with these teams that can score is not gonna work especially if our defense isn't helping us out. We need to line up and think pass first, Ingleside isn't known for size but one things we always seem to have is speed and athletes and Hesseltine was really good at getting the ball in his playmakers hands. Granted we are down this season on athletes and our line is bigger than normal but I still say stick to the game plan.

If you don't have a QB that can pass, then a pass first scheme wouldn't work right? I don't know anything about the current Ingleside QB or whether or not he has a good arm, but it definitely takes a QB that can make good defensive reads and has some ability to throw to make the spread option work. If you don't the result is run, run, run. The opposing defense pretty much knows what your going to do.

MustangFootball
09-01-2015, 10:03 AM
If you don't have a QB that can pass, then a pass first scheme wouldn't work right? I don't know anything about the current Ingleside QB or whether or not he has a good arm, but it definitely takes a QB that can make good defensive reads and has some ability to throw to make the spread option work. If you don't the result is run, run, run. The opposing defense pretty much knows what your going to do.
he did it in the past with QB who couldn't pass very well we still lined up to pass and ran the ball, the year we had Josh Coffeild under center he wasn't a great QB but he could make plays happen with his feet.......plus this QB is not that bad, not this past season but last year on 7 on 7 he went undefeated in the corpus league and they played Jalen as the starting QB last year..... Jalen was probably one of the best running backs Ingleside has ever had (in recent history) that we really never got to see, of course behind Bubba Jackson, Zack Adams and Marquis Barrolle....... I know its 7 on 7 but the kid can distribute the ball if needed and also tuck it and run, as long as we are gonna line up and run the ball we wont be very successful.

MustangFootball
09-01-2015, 10:14 AM
this is the year those teams that we are use to beating up on get their revenge. Kingsville did it last year

Beeville
Aransas Pass
Rockport

and Kingsville again, kick us while we are down.

99IHSMustang
09-01-2015, 11:04 AM
he did it in the past with QB who couldn't pass very well we still lined up to pass and ran the ball, the year we had Josh Coffeild under center he wasn't a great QB but he could make plays happen with his feet.......plus this QB is not that bad, not this past season but last year on 7 on 7 he went undefeated in the corpus league and they played Jalen as the starting QB last year..... Jalen was probably one of the best running backs Ingleside has ever had (in recent history) that we really never got to see, of course behind Bubba Jackson, Zack Adams and Marquis Barrolle....... I know its 7 on 7 but the kid can distribute the ball if needed and also tuck it and run, as long as we are gonna line up and run the ball we wont be very successful.

Well it sounds like the Coaches are seeing something different that we do as spectators. The talent level just might be way down. Doesn't mean that they aren't trying, it just sometimes is what it is.

MUSTANG69
09-01-2015, 03:22 PM
this is the year those teams that we are use to beating up on get their revenge. Kingsville did it last year

Beeville
Aransas Pass
Rockport

and Kingsville again, kick us while we are down.

Based on this statement, do you think the Mustangs are as bad as it appeared against RGC? I do but I hope I am wrong.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Port Isabel plays at Rio Grande City this week. For Ingleside's sake, I just hope it was a fluke bad game. But if the Tarpons win big over Rio Grande City, then that may speak volumes about Ingleside. Then again, it may be that Rio Grande City, defensively, is that good?

MustangFootball
09-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Based on this statement, do you think the Mustangs are as bad as it appeared against RGC? I do but I hope I am wrong.
to be fair I didn't watch the first game against RGC I've only seen their 2 scrimmages and I wasn't impressed. the defense looks to be ahead of the offense but I'm not expecting a whole lot out of the offense this year, which is sad considering I know what we are capable of......I am just a fan and I'm giving my best analysis but I do see us winning some games this year and limping into the playoffs for another one and done season under this new offense, and I too hope I'm wrong and hope I eat my word for the sake of the team. 11 straight playoff appearances are riding on this team I hope they figure things out really soon.

MustangFootball
09-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Port Isabel plays at Rio Grande City this week. For Ingleside's sake, I just hope it was a fluke bad game. But if the Tarpons win big over Rio Grande City, then that may speak volumes about Ingleside. Then again, it may be that Rio Grande City, defensively, is that good?
yeah I'm waiting to see the out come of that game myself, I'm sure we will figure things out as the season goes on. I'm not counting us out just yet. good luck this week

MUSTANG69
09-03-2015, 12:11 PM
to be fair I didn't watch the first game against RGC I've only seen their 2 scrimmages and I wasn't impressed. the defense looks to be ahead of the offense but I'm not expecting a whole lot out of the offense this year, which is sad considering I know what we are capable of......I am just a fan and I'm giving my best analysis but I do see us winning some games this year and limping into the playoffs for another one and done season under this new offense, and I too hope I'm wrong and hope I eat my word for the sake of the team. 11 straight playoff appearances are riding on this team I hope they figure things out really soon.

I agree. The defense is definitely ahead of the offense but really needs work on the deep pass coverage. I'm not even thinking playoffs at this point. I would be happy with the Mustangs earning some respect by playing decently. If they win some games along the way that is a bonus.

MUSTANG69
09-03-2015, 12:21 PM

RGC defense didn't look that bad but it is hard to judge when Ingleside played so bad on offense. RGC offense will have to earn a living on the ground because their passing game stinks.

99IHSMustang
09-03-2015, 01:05 PM

In your opinion would you say execution is the biggest challenge right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99IHSMustang
09-03-2015, 01:07 PM
RGC defense didn't look that bad but it is hard to judge when Ingleside played so bad on offense. RGC offense will have to earn a living on the ground because their passing game stinks.

Take away the turnovers and they might have actually scored.

Red&White_9x5
09-03-2015, 02:07 PM

I don't a stake in this, but I do know that Coach Hesseltine is a dang good football coach. And I also know he has won a lot of games since he arrived in Ingleside. It is funny how many of the people who are complaining about his offense, his play calling, and his coaching right now were many of the same ones who talked about how great he was during those deep playoff runs. Obviously he has made some changes to the offense to adapt to the talent he has. Just give the man some time and trust in his abilities as a coach

MUSTANG69
09-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I don't a stake in this, but I do know that Coach Hesseltine is a dang good football coach. And I also know he has won a lot of games since he arrived in Ingleside. It is funny how many of the people who are complaining about his offense, his play calling, and his coaching right now were many of the same ones who talked about how great he was during those deep playoff runs. Obviously he has made some changes to the offense to adapt to the talent he has. Just give the man some time and trust in his abilities as a coach

I don't think anybody is complaining about his coaching ability in this thread. The consensus seems to be that the talent is probably not there.

MustangFootball
09-04-2015, 09:47 AM

I in no way am complaining about coach Hesseltine he happens to be a very good coach an someone I call a friend.... he is the reason that Ingleside is relevant again, after falling off the map for nearly 40 years, to be honest I wouldn't have another coach because I've seen what he's done with the talent he's had in Ingleside and know its just a matter of time before we are back making consistent deep runs in the playoffs. I'm just speaking as a fan who can't understand why we did a complete 360 with our offense. I could probably ask him and he would probably tell me, but this is a message board to discuss issues and talk football with fellow fans.
I really think this started when the RB Dylan Ferrell was in junior high and running for huge yards finding the hole and hitting pay dirt he looked like a man among boys when he played it was a thing of beauty, everyone who seen him couldn't wait for this kid to get to high school and with the size of the line I think this offense is catered to him. I'm really hoping it pays off

pancho villa
09-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Just a friendly warning to all the Beeville folks. Watch out for the women in Ingleside they will spit Copenhagen in your eye.

MustangFootball
09-04-2015, 09:55 AM
In your opinion would you say execution is the biggest challenge right now?

I think its more than just that, I think its to easy for teams to line up and stop the run with no real pass threat.

MustangFootball
09-04-2015, 09:58 AM
I agree. The defense is definitely ahead of the offense but really needs work on the deep pass coverage. I'm not even thinking playoffs at this point. I would be happy with the Mustangs earning some respect by playing decently. If they win some games along the way that is a bonus.

I agree with the pass coverage It needs work.

99IHSMustang
09-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Game Day! Good luck tonight Mustangs.

99IHSMustang
09-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Final Bee 34-27

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Sounds like Ingleside was a bit more competitive this week. Y'all will get it together with that Slot-T, I promise!

Also, Port Isabel 13, Rio Grande City 7

99IHSMustang
09-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Sounds like Ingleside was a bit more competitive this week. Y'all will get it together with that Slot-T, I promise!

Also, Port Isabel 13, Rio Grande City 7

According to the person I was getting updates from, they looked better last night. Obviously, not the outcome they wanted but there was improvement. The passing game needs work. The defense was having some trouble stopping Beevilles running game.

Congrats to PI on their win.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-05-2015, 10:46 PM
According to the person I was getting updates from, they looked better last night. Obviously, not the outcome they wanted but there was improvement. The passing game needs work. The defense was having some trouble stopping Beevilles running game.

I will say this though. Rio Grande City's defense is no joke. They were pretty stiff. PI got it's scores off turnovers with short fields. They were held to only 2 FG and 1 TD. PI had no play longer than 10 yards the entire game. Unfortunately, PI had about 170 yards worth of penalties that didn't help matters. PI should have scored a bit more, but penalties ruined a lot of scoring chances.

MUSTANG69
09-06-2015, 08:13 PM

The biggest improvement was the running game. (317 yds) QB Salinas had 171 yds rushing. The passing game is still nonexistent. (1/9 10yds, 1 interception) Beeville's offensive line was opening holes big enough to drive a truck through. In the 4th qtr Beeville's very good QB did very well with short passes. Ingleside showed significant improvement defending against the long pass. JMO and the way I saw it.

MUSTANG69
09-06-2015, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=TarponFanInNorthTexas;1868218]I will say this though. Rio Grande City's defense is no joke.

Glad to see you post this. I was of the same opinion but wasn't sure since the Mustang's offense played so badly against RGC.