PDA

View Full Version : ZZ Top to play in La Grange Sept. 5

Scoop27
08-30-2015, 02:22 PM
A week away from ZZ Top coming to the Fayette County Fair in La Grange. They are expecting well over 10,000 for the Saturday show. But I won't be one of them. We will be going on Sunday to hear country singer Earl Thomas Conley

regaleagle
08-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Those guys hafta be getting pretty old by now. When I was in college at San Marcos, they were just getting started on the Texas circuit. I'm 60 now, so I'd hafta to say they are at least in their mid-60's by now. Greybeards by now.....maybe silver, lol.

Pudlugger
08-31-2015, 05:04 AM
Those guys hafta be getting pretty old by now. When I was in college at San Marcos, they were just getting started on the Texas circuit. I'm 60 now, so I'd hafta to say they are at least in their mid-60's by now. Greybeards by now.....maybe silver, lol.

Hey, just because you're old doesn't mean you can't boogey with the best of them. :D

1st and goal
08-31-2015, 06:28 AM
There will be no parking available for the general public. Have to park at satellite sights and get on the bus.

slingshot
08-31-2015, 08:23 AM
Saw them a few months ago at a sold out Taylor County Coliseum--they can still rock it!!! 4th time I've seen them overall, had about as much fun watching the crowd--walkers, wheelchairs and lots of grey ponytails...

PappaFeelGood
09-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Should be an interesting show. The shuttles will be efficient. The distance from pick up and drop off is not that far. Probably the only time we will get to hear ZZ perform La Grange in La Grange, HA HA HA HA.

44INAROW
09-03-2015, 09:53 AM
We saw ZZ Top in Corpus on May 3rd - perfect weather for outdoor concert... it was a little over 40 years since we've seen them ( Sun Valley in Victoria 1974) ZZ Top put on a good show but I was more impressed with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Hall (Wet Willie lead singer) I think it's neat that ZZ Top is going to play in La Grange :) if it wasn't going to be 150 degrees with 100% humidity and a parking nightmare, we'd go :)

Saw them a few months ago at a sold out Taylor County Coliseum--they can still rock it!!! 4th time I've seen them overall, had about as much fun watching the crowd--walkers, wheelchairs and lots of grey ponytails...

there was a lady sitting in the front row (we were 14th).. she was off to the side, sitting in a wheel chair - I couldn't make it out at first, then I figured it out - she was holding a funeral urn... later on, we were told it was her husband's ashes and she wanted him to 'see' ZZ Top... :)

greendawg84
09-03-2015, 11:04 AM
That sounds like a Cam story 44 .......

Cam
09-03-2015, 12:08 PM
That sounds like a Cam story 44 .......

....nahhh!....a Cam story with ZZ Top would've involved Ronald McDonald, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a lead pipe, and some swollen testicles!.......:vrycnfsd:......

44INAROW
09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
....nahhh!....a Cam story with ZZ Top would've involved Ronald McDonald, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a lead pipe, and some swollen testicles!.......:vrycnfsd:......

you must share Cam :)