PDA

View Full Version : Burnet at Wylie...

slingshot
08-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Should be another tough, close game but I think we turn it around for the win. Thoughts?

Leopardfan201
08-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Give me Wylie by 14

Pudlugger
08-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Should be another tough, close game but I think we turn it around for the win. Thoughts?

I think Burnet gets the win coming off a good showing against Marble Falls. Burnet Bulldogs by 7

Leopardfan201
08-29-2015, 02:47 PM
No pud...Wylie coming off a loss too the Argyle..20/10..no way Burnet is as good as Argyle

Tejastrue
08-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Careful now..that Burnet QB will light you up.

Leopardfan201
08-29-2015, 04:06 PM
I agree he's a great QB...but Wylie is a elite team

Tejastrue
08-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Let's just say I agree in part...

regaleagle
08-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Evidently Wylie has lots of weapons on offense. They just kept coming at a very physical Argyle defense. If Argyle didn't have as good a defense as they did, Wylie would have put up a lot more points....just saying. I believe they will prove to be a very tough out. And their defensive side of the ball was laying some serious licks. They were very physical. And they have a pretty darn good QB in Tyler Ward to go along with a stable of rb's that are all highly capable. That don't count their recievers....esp. Jaxon Money. This is a very good football team, imo.

slingshot
08-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Let's just say I agree in part...Understand. I have a really hard time judging us right now too--if Argyle is as good as I think they are, we can be very good; if I'm over-ranking the Eagles we may not be that good. For most of the game we stood and went toe-to-toe with Argyle--their O-line (which is huge and very physical) and defensive line and LB's were the difference. Our LB's were honestly just as good and played outstanding, our DB's stepped it up and played way better than I expected, our QB played well for his first start--big kid, rocket arm, good runner, just has to learn to get rid of the ball quicker. Our RB's struggled against their D--suspect a lot of people will be saying that this year and their CB's are outstanding in man to man coverage, especially when the refs let them play physical like they did last night. Our O-line played OK at times but struggled at times also--looked a lot like a group that had never played together but gutted it up against a very talented and well-coached Argyle D.

On balance, the parts are there for this to be a typical Wylie team with Coach Sandifer rounding them into shape by district... we'll take some lumps against a murderer's row early schedule of Argyle, Burnet, Graham, Liberty Hill, Vernon and 5A Birdville and emerge one of the top 2 or 3 teams in Region 1 with a shot to go deep into the playoffs.

Tejastrue
08-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Are they still letting those Argyle DBs mug, hold and grab the receivers??? Ahhh fun times..lol

Aguilafanatico
08-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Are they still letting those Argyle DBs mug, hold and grab the receivers??? Ahhh fun times..lol

:sleeping::sleeping:

regaleagle
08-30-2015, 12:40 AM

I believe all the holding and grabbing happened AGAINST Argyle last season in the State Final, lol. Everybody saw the game....enuff said. The Eagles know how to play quality defense, and don't need help doing it. Unfortunately, sometimes the other team gets the calls because Argyle was the one everybody wanted to beat. Sometimes I think the refs defer in favor of the other teams a lot more than turning a head for Argyle. That's just the way it is and always has been. Argyle doesn't need help and rarely gets any. Your intended barb has no merit and did not go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, Argyle should have a 33 game winning streak and another State Championship right now.

slingshot
08-30-2015, 01:07 AM
No mugging--refs just let'em play. Did not call any ticky-tack stuff. Our DB's and safeties were just as physical with their recievers. I honestly prefer games be called that way...

LHdog
08-30-2015, 08:12 AM
AW will do what they did last year, attack the thin DL of Burnet. Sandifer knows how to exploit the weak areas of an opponent. 35- 21 AW.

Wayne
08-30-2015, 08:30 AM
As a Argyle fan, I will say this again. " Wylie is under rated" they are big and physical, and will lay the wood to you. They have a pretty darn good D!

Tejastrue
08-30-2015, 09:30 AM
I believe all the holding and grabbing happened AGAINST Argyle last season in the State Final, lol. Everybody saw the game....enuff said. The Eagles know how to play quality defense, and don't need help doing it. Unfortunately, sometimes the other team gets the calls because Argyle was the one everybody wanted to beat. Sometimes I think the refs defer in favor of the other teams a lot more than turning a head for Argyle. That's just the way it is and always has been. Argyle doesn't need help and rarely gets any. Your intended barb has no merit and did not go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, Argyle should have a 33 game winning streak and another State Championship right now.

Come on regal..you know this goes a little further back than last year. Just reminiscing. We don't have the players come thru down this way to challenge for a title year in and year out so one could say I'm might be a little envious. Now..this is a Wylie / Burnet thread so I'll say no more.

Tejastrue
08-30-2015, 09:35 AM
No mugging--refs just let'em play. Did not call any ticky-tack stuff. Our DB's and safeties were just as physical with their recievers. I honestly prefer games be called that way...

I hear you..and wow..that is some kind of pre-district schedule. Definitely will be battle tested and playoff ready.

Cam
08-30-2015, 10:42 AM
.....I'm goin' out on a limb and sayin' the Bulldogs win this one!.....:D:D

Cam
08-30-2015, 11:12 AM
AW will do what they did last year, attack the thin DL of Burnet. Sandifer knows how to exploit the weak areas of an opponent. 35- 21 AW.

.....here we go again....going with the size thing again....the same talk was going on from the 5A Marble Falls folks before Friday's game.....One buddy said to me, "Our behemoth O-line is going to push your boys around!!".........182 total yards later he was nowhere to be found!.....Like coach Jones said, Burnet D isn't going to impress anyone just by looking at them.
What I see is a bunch of athletic kids who are smart and know what they're doing. They'll only get better as the season goes along. The Burnet secondary looks pretty good. This is where 7 on 7 helps IMO. I believe 3 different boys had some impressive picks last Friday........The offense looks like they need some time to gel....the big question mark was the entirely new O-line.....so far, it looks to me like they're gonna be just fine......nice to know 4 out of 5 are underclassmen.....Can't say for sure how Burnet will fare again Wylie cause I haven't seen Wylie play.......but I'll bet the Burnet boys will show up!.....;)

Aguilafanatico
08-30-2015, 11:15 AM
I know absolutely nothing about Burnet so can't make an informed prediction. What I do know is that Wylie will bring it. The QB is big, athletic, and has a strong arm. Receiver Money is "money". Pepper is really good on both sides of the ball. D-ends are big and athletic, #66 makes a lot of plays and is physical, and Standifer schemes with the best of them. Burnet may very well beat them but Wylie is no joke. They should be a top contender for the Region 1 title.

Cam
08-30-2015, 11:31 AM
No pud...Wylie coming off a loss too the Argyle..20/10..no way Burnet is as good as Argyle

....explain how Argyle is better than Burnet please.....enlighten me with your analytical prowess...:D

stardog
08-30-2015, 03:17 PM
....explain how Argyle is better than Burnet please.....enlighten me with your analytical prowess...:D

It's a purple thing Cam

solocam
08-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Wylie by 10

slingshot
08-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Teams will prob be very evenly matched... Wylie by 4, something like 21-17--home field difference.

hollywood
08-31-2015, 07:06 AM
I like green better than purple! But, I'm afraid AW could take this one due to home field advantage. Could Burnet win? Absolutely and I wouldn't be surprised with what Jones has done with that program. AW by 7

slingshot
09-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Any of you 'Burnette' posters on here coming to the game?

Rocket Man
09-03-2015, 04:57 PM

It's Brunettes, got it established last season.

I'd forgotten about it until I saw your post.

panfan
09-03-2015, 05:10 PM
AW by 7. Burnet will play a close game but AW proves to be the bigger dog Friday.

toddg
09-03-2015, 05:41 PM
i like purple better than green! But, i'm afraid aw could take this one due to home field advantage. Could burnet win? Absolutely and i wouldn't be surprised with what jones has done with that program. Aw by 7
i concur!!

lv2937
09-03-2015, 06:18 PM
This Burnette will be there.

slingshot
09-03-2015, 08:30 PM
This Burnette will be there.As opposed to 'Burn-it'? :p

greendawg84
09-04-2015, 08:39 AM

Yep , cant say I am looking forward to the drive but I will be there . Coach Jones email said to look for the boys to be back in town around 2:30 AM SUNDAY morning ..... puts my boy home round 3 AM !
Ouch ! Great program to play no doubt but why the hell we gotta go to Abilene to find a football game is beyond me . Hell Liberty Hill is like 20 miles ?!?!?!? Nuttin against you AW folks , I did feel for yall last year .

greendawg84
09-04-2015, 08:40 AM
AW by 7. Burnet will play a close game but AW proves to be the bigger dog Friday.

Go Brenham !

panfan
09-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Go Brenham !

See that's the difference 'tween you and me g-dawg, I'm not rooting against ya'll, I do hope ya'll win, but I do think AW will win. :p

greendawg84
09-04-2015, 09:05 AM
See that's the difference 'tween you and me g-dawg, I'm not rooting against ya'll, I do hope ya'll win, but I do think AW will win. :p

Now panfan , you know I love me some purple panthers !

Cam
09-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Yep , cant say I am looking forward to the drive but I will be there . Coach Jones email said to look for the boys to be back in town around 2:30 AM SUNDAY morning ..... puts my boy home round 3 AM !
Ouch ! Great program to play no doubt but why the hell we gotta go to Abilene to find a football game is beyond me . Hell Liberty Hill is like 20 miles ?!?!?!? Nuttin against you AW folks , I did feel for yall last year .

SUNDAY morning?.....dang!.....them some awfully slow bussessss.....we need to upgrade them things!....

ccmom
09-04-2015, 10:23 AM

Sunday morning??? :confused: Hope they are packing a lunch or three...;)

greendawg84
09-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Saturday ..... to much going on this morning .....

ccmom
09-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Saturday ..... to much going on this morning .....

What number is your son?

Safe travels to all tonight....go Bulldogs!! :cheerl:

slingshot
09-04-2015, 01:23 PM
...why the hell we gotta go to Abilene to find a football game is beyond me...Because we had to drive all they way to Burnet last year! Dr Deprang and I didn't get home until 2 AM, this was a week after driving from here to Argyle and back getting home at 2 AM. Lot's of coffee, Dr Pepper and sunflower seeds consumed.
The real reason is because you reach a point where no one close (**cough**Sweetwater**cough**) will play you, you don't want to play 3A teams and be seen as a bully and 5A teams don't want to play you because it looks really bad for them to lose to a 4A. Catch 22.

Aguilafanatico
09-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Because we had to drive all they way to Burnet last year! Dr Deprang and I didn't get home until 2 AM, this was a week after driving from here to Argyle and back getting home at 2 AM. Lot's of coffee, Dr Pepper and sunflower seeds consumed.
The real reason is because you reach a point where no one close (**cough**Sweetwater**cough**) will play you, you don't want to play 3A teams and be seen as a bully and 5A teams don't want to play you because it looks really bad for them to lose to a 4A. Catch 22.

A 5A losing to a 4A???? :doh:

hollywood
09-04-2015, 02:26 PM
5A teams don't want to play you because it looks really bad for them to lose to a 4A. Catch 22.

A 5A losing to a 4A???? :doh:

Hey, 7A teams aren't afraid to play 4A teams! Ask Stephenville! We've had to host out of staters the past 4 years to get teams to play us! Geez.. Keep calm greendawg!

:D

slingshot
09-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Hey, 7A teams aren't afraid to play 4A teams! Ask Stephenville! We've had to host out of staters the past 4 years to get teams to play us! Geez.. Keep calm greendawg!

:DThis is all greendawg's fault!

:dispntd:

Cam
09-04-2015, 02:52 PM
I still think the Bulldogs will win this one!!!.....

Cam
09-04-2015, 02:52 PM
This is all greendawg's fault!

:dispntd:

...ditto doc!!!.....

Cam
09-04-2015, 02:55 PM

....I isn't goin'.....headin' to San Antonio instead to visit my boy.....besides, I know something ya'll don't know......

stardog
09-04-2015, 04:01 PM
....I isn't goin'.....headin' to San Antonio instead to visit my boy.....besides, I know something ya'll don't know......

I know also but here to watch a good game. Spending night and drive home tomorrow morn.
Brunettes are brown haired. We have white, black, or green hair.

lv2937
09-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Just found out our starting QB is not playing. That could hurt. Go Burnet.