PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeyes v. Liberty-Eylau Leopards Football Game Broadcast Tonight‏

BigBrother
08-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Tonight's Class 4A football game between the Gilmer Buckeyes and the Liberty-Eylau Leopards can be heard here: http://portal.stretc...net.com/gilmer/ Pre-game starts at 7:00 p.m. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.

hollywood
08-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Tonight's Class 4A football game between the Gilmer Buckeyes and the Liberty-Eylau Leopards can be heard here: http://portal.stretc...net.com/gilmer/ Pre-game starts at 7:00 p.m. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.

Cool, thanks for the info!

I bet Bob is already at the stadium!

waterboy
08-27-2015, 05:01 PM

I'll bet there is already a line for sure if the gate is not open already. Buckeye fans are early.

hollywood
08-27-2015, 05:06 PM
I'll bet there is already a line for sure if the gate is not open already. Buckeye fans are early.

Great atmosphere for sure! Especially in a week 1 game of this magnitude.

Takes me back to the Gilmer @ Kilgore game a couple of seasons back. Line was forever long at 5:30 before the gates opened. Never will forget.. A young buck tried to cut in line at the gate when an elderly lady almost hit him with her purse as she was cousing him out. Classic!

ronwx5x
08-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Tonight's Class 4A football game between the Gilmer Buckeyes and the Liberty-Eylau Leopards can be heard here: http://portal.stretc...net.com/gilmer/ Pre-game starts at 7:00 p.m. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.Can't get it to work. This one does:

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/gilmer/full.htm?eventId=229702&streamType=audio

oldtownag
08-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Look out the Buckys are in a ballgame.

bearbear78
08-27-2015, 10:11 PM
Can't get it to load.....update?

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 10:19 PM
40-33 Gilmer

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 10:22 PM
40-33 Gilmer

End of 3rd. Finally

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 10:26 PM
TD Buckeyes 47-33

hollywood
08-27-2015, 10:30 PM
End of 3rd. Finally

Sounds like a great game! What's taking so long?!

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 10:32 PM
TD LE. 47-39. Missed x-point. 8:44 left.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 10:48 PM
FG Gilmer 50-39. 4:44 left. Its never gonna end.

hollywood
08-27-2015, 10:50 PM
FG Gilmer 50-39. 4:44 left. Its never gonna end.

Defenses stay on the bus?

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Actually lots of punts. LE has some really good skill guys.

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 10:55 PM
TD LE. It ain't over yet.

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Unless something crazy happens we gonna win 50-45.

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 11:05 PM
Final

Leopardfan201
08-27-2015, 11:09 PM
Wow..looks like Gilmer has no defense or LE ether

regaleagle
08-27-2015, 11:29 PM
When you get 2 good offenses on the field early in the season like this, sometimes they can make the defenses look stinky. But there's plenty of time to shore up and get your players positioned in the roles they are best suited to play for the team. Both teams will only get better. Obviously, both offenses have plenty of firepower.....at least until they come up against stingy(not stinky) defenses.

lostaussie
08-27-2015, 11:33 PM

No none whatsoever. Or maybe , just maybe, they both pretty good. Lots of big hits. Lots of punishing runs and lots of big plays. It was fun. Enjoyed it a lot. Lots of room for improvement for both teams.

movethechain
08-28-2015, 01:13 AM

Gilmer played 2 of their best defenders about half the time on offense and gave them many breathers from playing on the defensive side of the ball. I'm with some other Gilmer folks that believe we should leave them on defense full time. We have plenty capable players to fill their roles on offense. Also, one of our best DBs is out for about 4 weeks, but make no mistake, LE is for real and they are very dangerous when they have the football.

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2015, 02:28 AM
Speaking of moving the chain:

https://youtu.be/W8LIns7Y24A

hollywood
08-28-2015, 06:30 AM

That boy can tote the rock! He looks bigger than the OLmen! :eek:

Eagle8
08-28-2015, 06:43 AM
He's a big boy....got 3 more just a tad smaller. Run game is there....didn't show much of a passing game....QB missed some open targets. LE is full of stud athletes. Gilmer rode better discipline to the win. LE couldn't set the edge and Gilmer pretty much beat them with the same 2 plays. Jet sweep, then fake the jet sweep and dive, the whole 2nd half.

hollywood
08-28-2015, 07:07 AM
He's a big boy....got 3 more just a tad smaller. Run game is there....didn't show much of a passing game....QB missed some open targets. LE is full of stud athletes. Gilmer rode better discipline to the win. LE couldn't set the edge and Gilmer pretty much beat them with the same 2 plays. Jet sweep, then fake the jet sweep and dive, the whole 2nd half.

Sounded like a great game to start the season for both teams! I just wish the radio broadcast was better. Couldn't ever get a feel for the game.

poisoned10
08-28-2015, 07:29 AM
I wonder why Liberty-Eylau conditions their offense and defense separately?

I only assume they do it separate because in all the years we have played L-E I have never seen an offensive player 'catch a cramp.' Meanwhile, about halfway through the 3rd quarter, their defense can't go 2 consecutive plays without a defender 'cramping up.'

Why not condition them together so these 'cramps' don't happen?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

lostaussie
08-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Buckeyes had 385 yds rushing and only 85 passing. I think QB just needs time and some experience. We looked OK and I'm happy with the win.........but we have a lot of room for improvement.

waterboy
08-28-2015, 08:32 AM

I only assume they do it separate because in all the years we have played L-E I have never seen an offensive player 'catch a cramp.' Meanwhile, about halfway through the 3rd quarter, their defense can't go 2 consecutive plays without a defender 'cramping up.'

It's called slowing the pace of the game, and getting some extra timeouts when the game is close. Liberty-Eylau has always done that. Ever notice how it doesn't happen in blowouts?

toddg
08-28-2015, 08:46 AM

its not conditioning, its proper hydration/electrolytes..drink pickle juice before a game..no cramps...drink a monster before a game..you will cramp all night, ditto with soda

Dawgs
08-28-2015, 08:49 AM
its not conditioning, its proper hydration/electrolytes..drink pickle juice before a game..no cramps...drink a monster before a game..you will cramp all night, ditto with soda

Pickle juice, now that's old school!!

Dawgs
08-28-2015, 08:54 AM
I would give the ball to Rashaad Ward until he threw up ever game. Then I would let him rest a few plays, give him some water then try to make him throw up again. That's the next Buckeye stud right there. Btw I'm with some other posters. Wouldn't question the Gilmer staff, but why run Boyd? Too many other backs. I had a feeling Gilmer would be too much for LE in the opener. Good win Gilmer. And all the praise in the world for continuing to reload every year.

waterboy
08-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Buckeyes had 385 yds rushing and only 85 passing. I think QB just needs time and some experience. We looked OK and I'm happy with the win.........but we have a lot of room for improvement.

I was pleasantly surprised having not seen this year's Buckeye squad in either scrimmage. I had been hearing the Buckeyes would be run heavy because of the stable of running backs that can play smash mouth football. What I didn't expect was our inability to get any kind of a passing game going. I am glad they abandoned the passing game after the first half, because the Buckeyes O-line and RBs were having a field day. If our QB ever gets his timing down, and our O-line keeps the pressure at bay, we will likely be playing after Thanksgiving again. We might just do that anyway, but an efficient passing game would open up running lanes even more. It was the first game of the season, and I know the Buckeyes will get much better as the season progresses. The Buckeyes just know how to win.

Liberty-Eylau is big, fast, and athletic. Discipline and conditioning are still being learned under second year head coach Steve Wells. I can put it to you this way..., I am glad we played them in Week 1. Once they get in better shape and cut mistakes, the Leopards have the ingredients to be in it until the very end.

This game was a barn-burner just as I predicted. Kudos to the Buckeyes for putting the game away at the end with a smash mouth effort. They wasn't gonna be denied the victory.

bearbear78
08-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Man I wish I could have watched this one. Thanks for the updates aussie.

lostaussie
08-28-2015, 09:21 AM
It was a fun game to watch. If it had been a playoff game I would have been a nervous wreck

Celina8
08-28-2015, 09:23 AM
What this score tells me is that Gilmer has just as much speed and talent as they did last year!!!!! (RATS !) ....

slingshot
08-28-2015, 09:34 AM
its not conditioning, its proper hydration/electrolytes..drink pickle juice before a game..no cramps...drink a monster before a game..you will cramp all night, ditto with sodaHydration, hydration, hydration. In this kind of heat, need to start hydrating for the game 2-3 days before. As for the pickle juice... might try tumeric (in yellow mustard)--prob works better. The little packets of yellow mustard restaurants give away is perfect.

lostaussie
08-28-2015, 09:52 AM
What this score tells me is that Gilmer has just as much speed and talent as they did last year!!!!! (RATS !) .... Thats not exactly true. Last night it was more of a power game. We pounded and pounded and pounded until the 4th when we started gashing them with the sweeps. We got some guys that can go, but we are not as fast team wise as we were last year. It may not last, but it just looked a lot different from what wev've seen in the past. I think the passing game will come around in time. Recievers need some catching drills too. Like i said. I was actually pleasantly suprised. And when the game was over my wife asked me why i was suprised............she looked right at me and said, "It's just what we do". .................I couldnt agree more.

Celina8
08-28-2015, 09:52 AM
I can only get the first page of this thread now for some reason.

waterboy
08-28-2015, 10:00 AM
What this score tells me is that Gilmer has just as much speed and talent as they did last year!!!!! (RATS !) ....

Nope. We are slow as molasses compared to last year. That kind of speed only comes every few years. We have an abundance of 4.6 to 4.7 speed this year, compared to 4.4 to 4.5 speed last year. We may have a couple of players that are just under 4.6, but this year's team is not as fast. They do execute well, though, and we have a very good O-line, lots of power backs, and an excellent defensive front seven. The rest are a work in progress, and will only get better as the season progresses.

Liberty-Eylau will be a team to be reckoned with in D1. Mark my words. They pass the eye test for sure.

hollywood
08-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Hydration, hydration, hydration. In this kind of heat, need to start hydrating for the game 2-3 days before. As for the pickle juice... might try tumeric (in yellow mustard)--prob works better. The little packets of yellow mustard restaurants give away is perfect.

I was about to post hydration as well until I saw your post and I fully concur with your expert advise. ;)

waterboy
08-28-2015, 11:33 AM

When are you going to get the game highlight reel uploaded?

d0tc0m
08-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Looks like the Gilmer is going to be dangerous again. Impressive win to open the season, and, barring injury, the Buckeyes are only going to improve. They'll be playing December football again, in my opinion.

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2015, 05:59 PM
When are you going to get the game highlight reel uploaded?

It won't be until tomorrow sometime. I had to do some other things at work today.

cowboyandchrist
08-28-2015, 08:58 PM
I was pleasantly surprised having not seen this year's Buckeye squad in either scrimmage. I had been hearing the Buckeyes would be run heavy because of the stable of running backs that can play smash mouth football. What I didn't expect was our inability to get any kind of a passing game going. I am glad they abandoned the passing game after the first half, because the Buckeyes O-line and RBs were having a field day. If our QB ever gets his timing down, and our O-line keeps the pressure at bay, we will likely be playing after Thanksgiving again. We might just do that anyway, but an efficient passing game would open up running lanes even more. It was the first game of the season, and I know the Buckeyes will get much better as the season progresses. The Buckeyes just know how to win.

Liberty-Eylau is big, fast, and athletic. Discipline and conditioning are still being learned under second year head coach Steve Wells. I can put it to you this way..., I am glad we played them in Week 1. Once they get in better shape and cut mistakes, the Leopards have the ingredients to be in it until the very end.

This game was a barn-burner just as I predicted. Kudos to the Buckeyes for putting the game away at the end with a smash mouth effort. They wasn't gonna be denied the victory.

If the Buckeyes find a passing game by the time the playoffs roll around, I see them playing for another title. The line is bigger than they have been since 2009 AND THEY CAN RUN the rock. LE is a very good team, but made to many mistakes. They will be a force if they clean up the miscues.

buckeyebob
08-29-2015, 07:54 AM

I arrived Wednesday afternoon...got home @ 8:30 last night

buckeyebob
08-29-2015, 07:57 AM

I thought the Defense on both sides did a good job...it was a slobber knocker

buckeyebob
08-29-2015, 08:02 AM
I would give the ball to Rashaad Ward until he threw up ever game. Then I would let him rest a few plays, give him some water then try to make him throw up again. That's the next Buckeye stud right there. Btw I'm with some other posters. Wouldn't question the Gilmer staff, but why run Boyd? Too many other backs. I had a feeling Gilmer would be too much for LE in the opener. Good win Gilmer. And all the praise in the world for continuing to reload every year.

Cause he wants the opportunity for some touches...when you need the first, give him the ball...like a train

buckeyebob
08-29-2015, 08:08 AM
It won't be until tomorrow sometime. I had to do some other things at work today.

You need to get your priorities straight...Buckeyes are more important...No-Doz

buckeyebob
08-29-2015, 08:16 AM
http://www.etvarsity.com/news/2015/aug/28/buckeyes-win-opener-50-45/

I thought this pretty well summed up the game...had to recharge the pacemaker twice

Aesculus gilmus
08-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Video highlights:

http://youtu.be/JA5w4gMzpjY

buckeyebob
08-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Sweet