PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell @ Bellville

OLE'BULL
08-25-2015, 10:48 AM
It sure did feel good to type that title in the subject line! Football season is upon us. Bellville had an injury to what could have possibly been our starting QB. They were in a 2 way battle throughout camp and have heard he might have been emerging as the leader until he was injured in the Needville scrimmage. The injury was to his throwing hand and is requiring surgery. He should be back mid way through the season is what I am hearing. So the Senior, Austin Maeker, will lead the Brahmas this Friday night in the Pasture of Pain against the Caldwell Hornets. After barely squeaking by them last year (3-0), we better not be taking them lightly. They have bought in to the coach now and are putting together good football teams again. Defensively we will be fine, no doubt a bout it. On offense, our RB's will carry the load. There is still some question at Center, which in our Slot T, misdirection offense could cause some issues if he is unable to keep the pace. Look for big things out of Senior Jacob Higginbotham, Junior Mac Brisco, and D'Edrick Graves. If those guys can stay healthy we should be OK offensively. We had a rough start in our first scrimmage and I wasn't able to see the 2nd one. I know we held some kids out so we wont know for sure until Friday night if we worked any kinks out. Looking for a good game, but the Bulls D will be too much for Caldwell. 24-7 Brahmas win!

coach
08-25-2015, 11:21 AM
I hear Bellville has an awful Dline coach.

OLE'BULL
08-25-2015, 12:44 PM
I hear Bellville has an awful Dline coach.

I am not sure who it is? What's his name and what have you heard? I can tell you we have the best D Ends in the district, probably even the region. One of them is a 4 year starter.

coach
08-25-2015, 12:56 PM
I am not sure who it is? What's his name and what have you heard? I can tell you we have the best D Ends in the district, probably even the region. One of them is a 4 year starter.

Lol I was kidding. He is a a really good friend of mine and I coached with him for 3 years at Nacogdoches. He actually played for Sumlin at U of H. This is his first year at Bellville so treat him right.

BB BULLS
08-25-2015, 02:20 PM
It sure did feel good to type that title in the subject line! Football season is upon us. Bellville had an injury to what could have possibly been our starting QB. They were in a 2 way battle throughout camp and have heard he might have been emerging as the leader until he was injured in the Needville scrimmage. The injury was to his throwing hand and is requiring surgery. He should be back mid way through the season is what I am hearing. So the Senior, Austin Maeker, will lead the Brahmas this Friday night in the Pasture of Pain against the Caldwell Hornets. After barely squeaking by them last year (3-0), we better not be taking them lightly. They have bought in to the coach now and are putting together good football teams again. Defensively we will be fine, no doubt a bout it. On offense, our RB's will carry the load. There is still some question at Center, which in our Slot T, misdirection offense could cause some issues if he is unable to keep the pace. Look for big things out of Senior Jacob Higginbotham, Junior Mac Brisco, and D'Edrick Graves. If those guys can stay healthy we should be OK offensively. We had a rough start in our first scrimmage and I wasn't able to see the 2nd one. I know we held some kids out so we wont know for sure until Friday night if we worked any kinks out. Looking for a good game, but the Bulls D will be too much for Caldwell. 24-7 Brahmas win!

ole bull how is our def-backs & linebackers looking? i know we lost some real good ones back there

OLE'BULL
08-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Lol I was kidding. He is a a really good friend of mine and I coached with him for 3 years at Nacogdoches. He actually played for Sumlin at U of H. This is his first year at Bellville so treat him right.

Hahaha, I got ya. I will keep an eye on him for you!

OLE'BULL
08-25-2015, 03:43 PM
ole bull how is our def-backs & linebackers looking? i know we lost some real good ones back there

Linebackers will be good this year. They moved Dylan Jackson back to Middle Linebacker and he is a force to be reckoned with. Mac Brisco played alot as a sophmore last year but looks much better at LB this year. He will probably be getting some fullback duties on offense so he may rotate. I believe the other one is a Crider. His older brother Jett was a good MLB for us a couple of years ago, maybe last year even. The secondary may be a bit suspect other than Kylan Mcdade, who is a good one. I would think that D'Edrick Graves would have to play a little Corner or Safety against strong passing teams. I was told whichever QB didn't become the starter, would be the safety. Well since McIntyre is hurt, Maeker is starting, I assume that leaves us with an open Safety position that needs filling pretty quickly. Rowe always finds a way though and puts guys in the right spots to be effective.

The Bull #40
08-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Finally THSF is back! I'm looking forward to making the first game at The Pasture, hope the Brahmas play well. I don't know much about this years team but I'm sure Rowe will have players in the right spots. I think Graves is going to have a breakout season if he stays healthy. Brahmas win 28-7!

OLE'BULL
08-29-2015, 07:56 AM
41-30 Brahmas pull off a victory. Defensively we played much better than the score would have you believe. Caldwell returned an INT for a TD as we'll as a kickoff. On offense we were not flashy, we just slowly racked up yards and controlled the ball. Rowe held out 2 key starters due to nagging injuries. I usually don't say it but these two are truly difference makers so hopefully they are back next week. We are now in the same boat as Sealy in that our 2nd QB went down around halftime and didn't return. We thankfully had a kid move up from the JV who stepped in and did a fantastic job for getting thrown in there. Let's hope the injury to our QB isn't two serious. I will take this win against a much improved Caldwell team team, good job Brahmas!