PDA

View Full Version : Venice High Indians @ Stephenville Yellow Jackets

hollywood
08-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Another out of state teams travels to Stephenville for the week one home opener! Don't know a lot about Venice, FL or their team except it's 1,270 miles away and is 70 miles south of Tampa. Many have them ranked in the top 20 of FL HS football. Should have lots of talent. I'm ready!

bearbear78
08-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Another out of state teams travels to Stephenville for the week one home opener! Don't know a lot about Venice, FL or their team except it's 1,270 miles away and is 70 miles south of Tampa. Many have them ranked in the top 20 of FL HS football. Should have lots of talent. I'm ready!
Good luck to the Jackets on a win. Show em what Texas High School Football is all about!

toddg
08-24-2015, 04:50 PM
get ya used to getting beat by INDIANS!! really...good luck to the Jackets!!!

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 04:56 PM
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/venice-indians-(venice,fl)/football/home.htm Venice's maxpreps page.. got lots of videos..

slingshot
08-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Good luck 'Ville!

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 09:22 PM
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/aaron-hackett/JBRxn5ifEeOzMAAmVebBJg/default.htm Keep an eye on the TE he is a beast and likes to blast.. linebackers..

waterboy
08-25-2015, 08:13 AM
Maxpreps already has the 'Ville at 0-1 on the season... :)

hollywood
08-25-2015, 08:54 AM

:spitlol: And to Granbury.. Yeah right! Granbury must have counted that scrimmage as a win for them. :rolleyes: Good gracious. They couldn't even threaten to score in the live quarter against a rebuilding Jacket squad if that tells you anything.

toddg
08-25-2015, 09:56 AM
:spitlol: And to Granbury.. Yeah right! Granbury must have counted that scrimmage as a win for them. :rolleyes: Good gracious. They couldn't even threaten to score in the live quarter against a rebuilding Jacket squad if that tells you anything.Granbury always starts off cocky until reality hits right around Aledo week

d0tc0m
08-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Venice looks like they have some talent. Good luck 'Ville, give 'em hell! Always love to cheer for the Texas teams squaring off with the out-of-staters.

Matthew328
08-25-2015, 08:27 PM
will be real tough for Stephenville to win

cowboyandchrist
08-25-2015, 08:46 PM

Hollywood give them boys a good pep talk, don't want any team from out of state to beat a team from Texas. The Ville has a rep to uphold. Lets Go Jackets !!!!
God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

cowboyandchrist
08-25-2015, 08:47 PM

What the heck do they know. Lets go Jackets!!!!

hollywood
08-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Granbury always starts off cocky until reality hits right around Aledo week

:spitlol: True!

hollywood
08-25-2015, 09:45 PM
will be real tough for Stephenville to win

Agreed!

hollywood
08-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Hollywood give them boys a good pep talk, don't want any team from out of state to beat a team from Texas. The Ville has a rep to uphold. Lets Go Jackets !!!!
God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

I'm sure they will give it their all until the end. No question there! Just hope to get out of it unscathed.

hollywood
08-25-2015, 10:02 PM
Sneak peak preview of the Venice Indians 2015

http://youtu.be/_oI32DEZ6SY

hollywood
08-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Venice High's DT is committed to Rutgers. He must be special with that offer. Some other notable offers include Virginia Tech, East Carolina, UCF, Indiana, Colarado State. Our OL should have its hands full! Hope our young QB finds open receivers quickly!

Caprocker
08-28-2015, 12:20 PM
even on a rebuilding year the ville will beat this team.

Sville
08-28-2015, 02:48 PM
It will be a tough game IMO, Venice is equivalent to a 5A TX team with an enrollment of over 2,000. They are ranked #6 in FL class 7A (FL goes to 8A) and lost last week to the #4 ranked 7A team in FL, Plant City 31-21.

briandumith*
08-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Goodluck tonight.. Lord keep these boys safe and let them have a blast...... #47 rocks.. Texas football..nuff said..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Caprocker
08-28-2015, 10:23 PM
even on a rebuilding year the ville will beat this team.
My bad 🙈

jason
08-28-2015, 10:27 PM
Stephenville was flat out overmatched in this. They were bigger, stronger, and faster at every position. Nothing wrong with losing to a better team. A lot of positives in the second half. The SV defense actually looked good. The INT's by Jones put them in some tough spots. Offense needs a lot of work though.

Sville
08-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Stephenville was flat out overmatched in this. They were bigger, stronger, and faster at every position. Nothing wrong with losing to a better team. A lot of positives in the second half. The SV defense actually looked good. The INT's by Jones put them in some tough spots. Offense needs a lot of work though.

^^This^^

Man they were good up front especially on defense. I think the Jackets had 5 yards rushing and were only 1 of 10 on 3rd downs. Defense played well despite the Jackets being doubled on time of possession. I liked what Coach Winder said in his post game interview, he didn't sugar coat it.

jason
08-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Remember what happened last time they lost an opener to an out of state team!!

hollywood
08-28-2015, 11:21 PM

^^This^^

Man they were good up front especially on defense. I think the Jackets had 5 yards rushing and were only 1 of 10 on 3rd downs. Defense played well despite the Jackets being doubled on time of possession. I liked what Coach Winder said in his post game interview, he didn't sugar coat it.

My thoughts as well. You know I was thinking during the game how much Venice reminded me of some of the Southlake Carol teams and their program. A couple of freakish ahtletes, several above average athletes in a disciplined program translates into a badass team. Very impressed with Venice. Their school has over 2,000 students.

Positives.. Stephenville won the 2nd half 8-7! :D

hollywood
08-28-2015, 11:22 PM

:eek: