PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales vs. Giddings

Gontex
08-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Giddings comes to Gonzales to start off this year's football season. Should be a good game. I believe Coach Crane will get off to a little better start this year. Boys are buying in to his system. Should make for a much better Gonzales team.

Leopardfan201
08-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Give me giddings by 20

Pudlugger
08-24-2015, 06:04 AM
Giddings will win big. The Buffs are going to be tough this year. They are loaded and have speed to kill.

Gontex
08-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Giddings will win big. The Buffs are going to be tough this year. They are loaded and have speed to kill.

I think the Apaches will show up and some of you prognosticators from LaGrange may learn a thing or two.

Blue42
08-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Giddings had some talent moving up. I did not see alot form the Apaches but we will see come Friday.
Good luck to both teams till they face the Gobblers.

Pudlugger
08-24-2015, 05:00 PM
I think the Apaches will show up and some of you prognosticators from LaGrange may learn a thing or two.

Perhaps, it is after all the first game of the season and we don't have much to go on making these predictions. Good luck to both teams.

1st and goal
08-25-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking the score will be close, with plenty of early season mistakes. Which team can take advantage of those, will win.

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking the score will be close, with plenty of early season mistakes. Which team can take advantage of those, will win.

Giddings speed will be the difference in this game

Gontex
08-27-2015, 05:58 AM
Apaches got off to a slow start with new coach last year. Schedule was brutal as all five pre-district games were against state ranked teams. Not surprisingly, Apaches lost all five of them. Team then went 4-1 in district and went two deep in playoffs. Looks like the team gelled late last year but at the end of the year, they were an excellent ball club. Will find out this year as we play the same five pre-district teams and again, all five are state ranked. We will find out pretty quickly if Apaches are a better team than last year. From what I have seen and heard, they could well be a much improved team this year. May surprise some of those five teams this year.

Leopardfan201
08-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Gonzales will be good but giddings return s thr whole team from last year...speed

Gontex
08-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Pacdaddy, Where are you? It's time for you to get on this board and help me out.

Gontex
08-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Still waiting on Snotbubbles to put in his 2 cents worth also.

Snotbubbles
08-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Still waiting on Snotbubbles to put in his 2 cents worth also.

Im here Gontex. How you doing bud?

Giddings too much speed to contain. GZ better too. Late Giddings surge, 44-20 Buf's.

Gontex
08-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Im here Gontex. How you doing bud?

Giddings too much speed to contain. GZ better too. Late Giddings surge, 44-20 Buf's.

Haven't heard much from you lately, but I see your postings every once in a while. Doing good and expecting a much better Apache team this year. Don't agree with your projected score. I'm looking for a much closer game than that. Apaches have proven to have pretty good explosiveness themselves this year. Second year of Coach Crane's offense is gaining traction with the team. Hope to keep hearing from you during the year. Sounds like the Hurricanes may have a decent ball team this year as well....

Snotbubbles
08-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Haven't heard much from you lately, but I see your postings every once in a while. Doing good and expecting a much better Apache team this year. Don't agree with your projected score. I'm looking for a much closer game than that. Apaches have proven to have pretty good explosiveness themselves this year. Second year of Coach Crane's offense is gaining traction with the team. Hope to keep hearing from you during the year. Sounds like the Hurricanes may have a decent ball team this year as well....

Cane's have a new coach, a white one too. Coach Green has retired and Coach Brown (they like color named coaches) has resumed the post. He came from El Paso. I hear he has them more under control and playing better as a team. Use to be a few individuals doing their own thing.

To be honest, I kinda follow LaVernia now that I live near there, and a grand kid in that ISD. I still track my Alma Mater somewhat though. They did well opting up to 5A, and out of your district, I know that. Big difference from the Edison's, Jeffersons than the Bears and Apaches. Good luck my friend this year.

GobblersUnite
08-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Should be a good one to watch...and Apache Stadium is a great venue (no track)! Gonzo may have to play keep away on O to keep the Buffs off of the field. Ramirez must have a good night on the ground.

1st and goal
08-27-2015, 08:28 PM
When I drove past the giddings stadium, whatever teams that were playing at 6:00 o'clock, Apaches were winning 20-6

Would that be the JV or frosh?

Gontex
08-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Probably was the freshman team. Gonzales won that one 27-24.

Gontex
08-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Cane's have a new coach, a white one too. Coach Green has retired and Coach Brown (they like color named coaches) has resumed the post. He came from El Paso. I hear he has them more under control and playing better as a team. Use to be a few individuals doing their own thing.

To be honest, I kinda follow LaVernia now that I live near there, and a grand kid in that ISD. I still track my Alma Mater somewhat though. They did well opting up to 5A, and out of your district, I know that. Big difference from the Edison's, Jeffersons than the Bears and Apaches. Good luck my friend this year.
I never could understand why Houston was not a better team. Takes a team and not a bunch of talented individuals to have a successful team. Should be a good district with Gonzales and LaVernia.
I couldn't quite understand why coach left for Yoakum.

Snotbubbles
08-28-2015, 12:57 AM
I couldn't quite understand why coach left for Yoakum.

Had some issues with new LV Supt I heard. You might get to see why soon Gontex, why he selected Yoakum. Don't ya'll still play them? Sophomore bunch is pretty talented, extremely fast too. And, Bo's son is a 10th grader. I think I read they have 5 or 6 soph starting, and all were portions of the relay teams too. I did see them at a few track meets last season. Serious wheels. Giddings fast.

Gontex
08-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Had some issues with new LV Supt I heard. You might get to see why soon Gontex, why he selected Yoakum. Don't ya'll still play them? Sophomore bunch is pretty talented, extremely fast too. And, Bo's son is a 10th grader. I think I read they have 5 or 6 soph starting, and all were portions of the relay teams too. I did see them at a few track meets last season. Serious wheels. Giddings fast.

We definitely still play them. They have been on the schedule like forever. I did see where there starting qb is a soph. Guess that explains a lot of things.

1st and goal
08-29-2015, 07:53 AM
I almost went to the game but the wifey wasn't onboard. I couldn't find the game on the internet. Apparently the local AM station doesn't host the Apache games this year???

The Buffs games are not broadcast as far as I know. If someone knows different, please inform.

As impressed with the W as I can be, I'm even more impressed that the Buffs D held the Apaches scoreless. I guess I'll have to wait until the local paper comes out and gives us a game story. Man, I sure wish I would have went.....

bd62
08-29-2015, 10:20 AM

Yoakum has 8 Soph on varsity and 6 start . Most there speed on varsity are Soph. Will be a learning process for a few games . Marion came to play and did not give up after Yoakum scored easily on first 3 drives. Made a game out of it after that and had several chances to go ahead in 4 th Qt. Schedule gets lots tougher starting next week against Hallettsville. Yoakum also has talented Freshman Class so future is bright in Bulldog land. I think Bo did his research before taking Yoakum job.

Gontex
08-29-2015, 10:38 AM
I almost went to the game but the wifey wasn't onboard. I couldn't find the game on the internet. Apparently the local AM station doesn't host the Apache games this year???

The Buffs games are not broadcast as far as I know. If someone knows different, please inform.

As impressed with the W as I can be, I'm even more impressed that the Buffs D held the Apaches scoreless. I guess I'll have to wait until the local paper comes out and gives us a game story. Man, I sure wish I would have went.....
Local station discontinuted broadcasts last year. They went to a completely automated system. There are no local broadcasts of any kind. Even the local news in spun in from Nashville. I just don't listen to the damn thing anymore. As far as I am concerned, they can take the station off the air. They are of such little use locally anymore. Yep, I am a disgruntled former listener.

Gontex
08-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Yoakum has 8 Soph on varsity and 6 start . Most there speed on varsity are Soph. Will be a learning process for a few games . Marion came to play and did not give up after Yoakum scored easily on first 3 drives. Made a game out of it after that and had several chances to go ahead in 4 th Qt. Schedule gets lots tougher starting next week against Hallettsville. Yoakum also has talented Freshman Class so future is bright in Bulldog land. I think Bo did his research before taking Yoakum job.

Gonzales has a very talented freshman class as well. Best freshman running back transferred to Cuero.

bd62
08-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Yes I heard. Starts on Varsity Defense. A very good athlete and a great kid.I have Grand Son on Cuero Freshman.
Cuero has 3 Freshman on Varsity and 12 Soph. Also a very young team with bright future. I think Gonzales is also in great shape also for yrs to come. Make for some great Competion with near by Rivals.
I allways been impressed with the community support in all 3 towns.

Snotbubbles
08-29-2015, 01:20 PM
I figured it would be a up hill battle for ya Gontex. Certainly thought you'd score though. Buff's "D" looks like it has issues versus the run. Looking at stat's, appears you just couldn't sustain drives. Ran on Giddings pretty easy, averaging nearly 5 yards a carry.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2015&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=242838&TeamID=300&SearchType=Teams

Gontex
08-31-2015, 10:30 AM
I figured it would be a up hill battle for ya Gontex. Certainly thought you'd score though. Buff's "D" looks like it has issues versus the run. Looking at stat's, appears you just couldn't sustain drives. Ran on Giddings pretty easy, averaging nearly 5 yards a carry.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2015&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=242838&TeamID=300&SearchType=Teams
Unfortunately snot, you were way too correct on your call. Considering Gonzales is a spread team this year, I was surprised they didn't have more passing yards. Giddings was stalking Ramirez, so they mostly kept him in check. He still ran for more than 100 though. People said the Apaches came out flat and that even the crowd was flat. Can't understand that. Stands are usually shaking when Big G takes the field at home. You were definitely on about Giddings' speed though. Lots of teams are going to have a hard time keeping them in check.