PDA

View Full Version : Argyle @ Abilene Wylie

regaleagle
08-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Friday night @7:30 in Abilene kicks off the season for these perennial playoff teams. Not sure what to expect this season from either team, though. I suspect Wylie will have that good-sized QB Tyler Ward(6-3, 205) throwing strikes and the RB tandem of Novil and Asbill, both seniors. I think Ward is a senior also, so the core of the Bulldogs this season is impressive. Argyle will have QB Dane Ledford under center handing off to RB Taylor Sweatt. Drew Estrada, Gage McCook, JC Chalk, David Bearden, Ty Smith, and Hudson Speed are all back as seniors this season to lead the Eagles. You'll recognize the names of Sadler and Aune as the younger brothers that both plan to make some noise this season as well. I look for a very action-packed affair on the field with talented athletes from both schools going at it full throttle. I think the fans in attendance will see two very good teams ready to play some football! I believe both these teams will impress more than expected. Good luck and GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
08-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Taylor Sweatt moves from the linebacker spot as last season's defensive player of the game in the State Final against Navasota to the offensive side this season. He runs the 200 very impressively and packs a punch at 5-10, 205. Taylor's got a lot of strength for his size.... and speed. He's a senior this season. Ledford was a dback last season and made all district and all-state third team as a soph. He's Coach Ledford's son and is very athletic. He was the backup to Cooper Rodgers last season at qb and got plenty of reps in the 2nd half of many of the games. He's the younger brother of Dalton Ledford that graduated from the 2013 State Championship team. I look forward to his continued development as a playmaker for the Eagles. Not sure if Coach Rodgers will incorporate his running talents into the scheme, but Ledford should pose a threat with his legs and his arm. Looks like a seasoned athletic team for Argyle this season, with a few younger players coming in from JV to battle for starting roles. Eagles JV hasn't lost in quite a while.....don't know the exact number, though. That's the key to being able to reload each season with quality players. Argyle is very small in enrollment for Division 1....one of the smallest.....but the program allows them to compete at the highest level, even though the talent pool numbers may be lower for this division. The program allows for each young player to develop his strength, speed, and skills set at an early age to become a much better athlete by the time he hits this level. It's a highly competitive atmosphere and those that begin early usually hit their stride by the time they are sophs and juniors.

slingshot
08-23-2015, 02:17 PM
As per usual, suspect we may struggle a little early on... only 3 returning starters on each side of the ball. Lot's of new faces and ridiculously hard schedule. The loss of our only returning starting CB (baseball) and arguably our best overall player and only returning starting offensive lineman (medical) for the season are huge blows, but... it's 'next man up'. We have a very promising and physical QB in Ward that has the strongest arm we've had in several years. His favorite target and last year's leading reciever Money is back and is good sized with very good hands. Looks like we will have 'RB by committe' with several very good backs with different skill sets--Novil is the speed merchant and is a threat to break it on every play, Asbill is very steady and has a good burst and is quite elusive, Pepper is a good blend of size, strength and is very fast also but will be limited because he is also a starter at LB on D. O-line has a lot of promise but very little varsity experience and will prob take a few games to gel. Our defense should be very stout. The younger Novil brother is a load at 6'3", 240 and is an incredible athlete at DE (ask anyone who watched him play BB), the LB corps is very solid, Johnston--our leader in INT's last year is back at safety and will play some LB also. Overall I see a rough start and then mid-season the team will start rolling... another disctrict title and deep playoff run are my prediction.

Aguilafanatico
08-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Go eagles!

briandumith*
08-23-2015, 10:32 PM
man almost wish I could be in good old Abilene Friday... like both teams...... but if I aint rootn for Graham then ima rootn for Wylie..

Aguilafanatico
08-23-2015, 11:37 PM
man almost wish I could be in good old Abilene Friday... like both teams...... but if I aint rootn for Graham then ima rootn for Wylie..

Not "rootn" for Argyle? I'm shocked. Well sounds like Grant and Terry gave you guys the kiss of death. Hope we both hold up our ends of the bargain. Argillians aren't making any predictions but I think Argyle might be decent this year 😜.
Let the games begin....he he.

Sparker
08-24-2015, 06:51 AM
Go Eagles!!

hollywood
08-24-2015, 07:22 AM
Not "rootn" for Argyle? I'm shocked. Well sounds like Grant and Terry gave you guys the kiss of death. Hope we both hold up our ends of the bargain. Argillians aren't making any predictions but I think Argyle might be decent this year ��.
Let the games begin....he he.

Lol!

Well. he always told me if he's not root'n for Graham, he'll be root'nn for Stephenville! Oh man...

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Taylor Sweatt moves from the linebacker spot as last season's defensive player of the game in the State Final against Navasota to the offensive side this season. He runs the 200 very impressively and packs a punch at 5-10, 205. Taylor's got a lot of strength for his size.... and speed. He's a senior this season. Ledford was a dback last season and made all district and all-state third team as a soph. He's Coach Ledford's son and is very athletic. He was the backup to Cooper Rodgers last season at qb and got plenty of reps in the 2nd half of many of the games. He's the younger brother of Dalton Ledford that graduated from the 2013 State Championship team. I look forward to his continued development as a playmaker for the Eagles. Not sure if Coach Rodgers will incorporate his running talents into the scheme, but Ledford should pose a threat with his legs and his arm. Looks like a seasoned athletic team for Argyle this season, with a few younger players coming in from JV to battle for starting roles. Eagles JV hasn't lost in quite a while.....don't know the exact number, though. That's the key to being able to reload each season with quality players. Argyle is very small in enrollment for Division 1....one of the smallest.....but the program allows them to compete at the highest level, even though the talent pool numbers may be lower for this division. The program allows for each young player to develop his strength, speed, and skills set at an early age to become a much better athlete by the time he hits this level. It's a highly competitive atmosphere and those that begin early usually hit their stride by the time they are sophs and juniors.

I was REALLY impressed with Sweatt the other day against Ferris. Oh and that Argyle O-Line = MASSIVE!!!

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 09:19 AM
I was REALLY impressed with Sweatt the other day against Ferris. Oh and that Argyle O-Line = MASSIVE!!!

Flattery will not get you back in our good graces.

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Lol!

Well. he always told me if he's not root'n for Graham, he'll be root'nn for Stephenville! Oh man...
No no no! U got it all wrong... Ima pulln for Ville... ima rootn for A.W. they are very different things..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 12:36 PM
No no no! U got it all wrong... Ima pulln for Ville... ima rootn for A.W. they are very different things..

you running for office?

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Lol well if yall ain't playn Graham or Stephenville or A.W. then..ima clapn for yall..hehe

bearbear78
08-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Wish I could make it out to see this one. Very curious what that Argyle run games like this year. Keep some good updates coming fellas.

hollywood
08-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Wish I could make it out to see this one. Very curious what that Argyle run games like this year. Keep some good updates coming fellas.

According to regaleagle, it could be better! We'll see..

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Are you coming up here next week..

jason
08-24-2015, 03:05 PM
think argyle will bring a big crowd? might be worth going to.

hollywood
08-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Are you coming up here next week..

For the Brownwood game? No sir, I'll be here or watching my nephews in a little 6-man action. They are playing for Santa Anna High. I'd like to make the Argyle game in a few weeks. Stephenville has a game in Lubbock on Sat in which I'm not making that trek.

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 03:18 PM
For the Brownwood game? No sir, I'll be here or watching my nephews in a little 6-man action. They are playing for Santa Anna High. I'd like to make the Argyle game in a few weeks. Stephenville has a game in Lubbock on Sat in which I'm not making that trek.
That's cool.. we will all get together at some point this season I am sure..

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 03:18 PM

If you visit Argyle's picture day you will have seen more of Argyle's run game than Regal has this season. Just sayin.....

All due respect my friend Regal.

Sweetwater Red
08-24-2015, 03:24 PM
If you visit Argyle's picture day you will have seen more of Argyle's run game than Regal has this season. Just sayin.....

All due respect my friend Regal.

And he probably thinks JJ Harp is the starting QB this year. :devil:

bearbear78
08-24-2015, 03:29 PM

I don't think I'll believe that just yet, there's no way they've got a better runner than Ralston and we don't know him.

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 03:33 PM
He probably thinks JJ Harp is the starting QB this year. :devil:

Regal is a great Argyle backer. Supports the team and program 100%. He is just a little "geographically challenged" in getting the scoop on everything. However, he does like a little mis-direction so......:evillol::evillol:

Wayne
08-24-2015, 08:16 PM
It's hard to replace a Nick Ralston, but what coach Rodgers has done with this offense will thrill you. I personally think they are better than last year.

bearbear78
08-24-2015, 09:06 PM
It's hard to replace a Nick Ralston, but what coach Rodgers has done with this offense will thrill you. I personally think they are better than last year.

I don't doubt they still have an explosive offense, but the horse has moved on. When games were on the line and not looking good he would step in and carry them to victory. There was just no stopping him consistently, might stop him once but he'd get right back up and pick up 10 yards. So I am very curious to see how the Eagles face tough situations without the Clydesdale this year.

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 09:32 PM

Yeah I agree with bear.. you are not going to improve from #22.. you are dreaming.. drinking lil too much home town fruit punch.. I know they will be very good.. lol but not better.. no way

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 09:37 PM

They are still working through some things but I agree that they have looked really good even without their full compliment of skill guys all on the field at once. There are just so many weapons out there and the Oline could prove to be one of their best. The biggest they have had in several years.

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Yeah I agree with bear.. you are not going to improve from #22.. you are dreaming.. drinking lil too much home town fruit punch.. I know they will be very good.. lol but not better.. no way

Believe what you want Brian.

regaleagle
08-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Regal is a great Argyle backer. Supports the team and program 100%. He is just a little "geographically challenged" in getting the scoop on everything. However, he does like a little mis-direction so......:evillol::evillol:

Hehehehe......:smoker:

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Believe what you want Brian.
Not saying yall won't be great..but not better.. that's like saying Graham's D-line is better.. it still among the best but not as good as last year with 76 n 20 gone..come on man..

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 09:48 PM
How many times did 22 touch the ball in the sc..over 50 I think..yeah over 70% of the O last year...come on man

regaleagle
08-24-2015, 09:50 PM
I don't think anybody from Argyle or that supports Argyle has stated that they will be better this season......just athletic and different. I do think the defense will be every bit as good as last year, and the offense will be schemed differently. With the receiving corps we have this season pretty much all being seniors with lots of experience, and no Ralston to do the Mack Truck thing......even with Sweatt at RB, the offense will be schemed differently.

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Not saying yall won't be great..but not better.. that's like saying Graham's D-line is better.. it still among the best but not as good as last year with 76 n 20 gone..come on man..

Only time will tell.

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 10:11 PM
Only time will tell.
Who do yall play in week 2 and 3?

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't think anybody from Argyle or that supports Argyle has stated that they will be better this season......just athletic and different. I do think the defense will be every bit as good as last year, and the offense will be schemed differently. With the receiving corps we have this season pretty much all being seniors with lots of experience, and no Ralston to do the Mack Truck thing......even with Sweatt at RB, the offense will be schemed differently.

Nope. I am absolutely saying it. This offense could be MUCH better than last years. Could Graham's defense be better without 76 and 20? Absolutely, as long as you upgraded and/or got stronger and more experience everywhere else while also adding two players to those spots that were really good. We will see.

regaleagle
08-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Due to the constraints of distance and time, I think I'll just sit at the casa rio for the first 3 games and listen on the Argyle Broadcast while I do my play-by-play internet thingy. In the 4th game Argyle will finally have their home opener against Graham, and that'll be the game that I'll git off my cahootis and do some driving. Hopefully, by that time the team will have molded into an exciting unit with all players set in their respective roles. It will be Wylie, Denison, and Celina all at their place to start this season off for Argyle. Graham.....you guys are all gonna be cordially welcomed to the Argyle home opener. That will be a tough night to catch the Eagles asleep at the wheel. Ya'll better bring your "A" game to Argyle that night.....just sayin'.

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Who do yall play in week 2 and 3?

@Denison - @Celina

briandumith*
08-24-2015, 10:18 PM
@Denison - @Celina
Ok yeah same as last year..thanks

bearbear78
08-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Theyll have a good RB, but not one that can do what #22 did, and that's win games on his own. When they were down 22 got the ball. TR said it himself that they rode that horse. That kid was one of a kind, a machine. Our D line isn't what last year's was either. I hope we can get some young talent molded quick to fill those spots.

slingshot
08-25-2015, 08:03 AM
... Our D line isn't what last year's was either. I hope we can get some young talent molded quick to fill those spots.Maybe after the third game... :2thumbsup

Wayne
08-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Game Day!!!!! Ready for kick off already! Do your thing Eagles and fly high!

slingshot
08-28-2015, 07:08 AM
IT'S GAME DAY!!! Hope all the Argyle folks making the trek to Abilene and back have a safe journey.

Celina8
08-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Had the chance to talk with a few guys I know who live in Argyle, one has been there and activily involved when the school opened up and began the process of starting their Varsity Athletics . They all 3 think this might be one of their best teams yet and they all say the defense will be their best with speed and size. They asked about my Bobcats but I was not able to really give much information as I really do not know.

ccmom
08-28-2015, 10:07 AM
It's Football Friday!!!!! Hooray!!!

Safe travels to Argyle. Go Bulldogs!!!!

hollywood
08-28-2015, 10:37 AM
It's Football Friday!!!!! Hooray!!!

Safe travels to Argyle. Go Bulldogs!!!!

You were almost late to the dance, but great to see you made it! Phew!

P.S. Keep your crickets at bay during the game so that the Argyle folks don't cause a riot!
:wave:

ccmom
08-28-2015, 10:55 AM
You were almost late to the dance, but great to see you made it! Phew!

P.S. Keep your crickets at bay during the game so that the Argyle folks don't cause a riot!
:wave:

I still think Cricketville is somehow to blame for this plague!!! :mad:

slingshot
08-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Still NOTHING like that year in Stephenville... never seen anything like it--thought it was another biblical plague or something. Good to see you on her ccmom--was beginning to think I was the lone Wylie poster on the board! Wonder whatever happened to garciap77???

hollywood
08-28-2015, 11:29 AM
I still think Cricketville is somehow to blame for this plague!!! :mad:

Hi! :D

Aguilafanatico
08-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Loading up and about to hit the road. It is finally game day. This years Eagles team has a chance to be special. I would not classify them as talented overall as the 2013 sc team but they are definitely stronger than last years state runner-up group. That said, there are still a few things being worked out position-wise as I expect every team is at this point in the season. If this group comes together as I believe they will (Coach Rodgers and staff are pretty good), look out. I expect AW to come out spitting fire and despite their losses to graduation I expect them to be reallygood (Coach Standifer and staff are pretty good). This will be a great early season test for both teams. No predictions but I anticipate a happy ride home for Argyle.

GO EAGLES!!!

ccmom
08-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Still NOTHING like that year in Stephenville... never seen anything like it--thought it was another biblical plague or something. Good to see you on her ccmom--was beginning to think I was the lone Wylie poster on the board! Wonder whatever happened to garciap77???

I bet he will show up tonight or at some point in the season at the stadium. He's in full on grandfather mode now....taking pics at little league games and such. Fun stuff

Can't wait for tonight! Our favorite time of year!!

And yes....those crickets were like a horror movie. People think I am exaggerating unless they were actually there. :ack!:

slingshot
08-28-2015, 01:26 PM
I was there... millions (no exageration) of crickets. Gross.

briandumith*
08-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Goodluck tonight.. Where them dogs at...yeehaw!!

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Sure is nice to be excited about Friday nights again. It's been a long hot summer, and will be hot again tonight at kickoff. Maybe it'll cool down a little bit out there in Abilene, but I wouldn't count on it happening this early in the season. Looks like we have at least a couple of weeks left of really hot weather before a cool down occurs. Good luck to the players on the field tonite, and stay hydrated. I'll be listening to the action on the Argyle Broadcasting Network and typing in plays on here to record the action for some of the rest of the viewers and the players to review back on tomorrow.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Here we go folks......about 20 mins. til kickoff to open the Eagles season and the Bulldogs season tonite in Abilene. It should be a rockem sockem game, with QB Tyler Ward and his tall recievers against a good Argyle defense. Asbill and Novil will carry the ball for the Wylie Bulldogs, and they ain't no slouches either. Dane Ledford will be the QB for Argyle, and Taylor Sweatt will be at RB this season on the offensive side. You'll hear Drew Estrada's name called alot, as well as Gage McCook and JC Chalk. Should be a very exciting and action packed game. Both teams are loaded with experienced players coming back from successful teams a year ago.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:20 PM
Argyle's defensive front line should be good, as well as a very good kicking game. The new offensive scheme for Argyle this season will debut with a high-powered type offense.....as opposed to that pounding running game from the Ralston era. Should be a good mix of passing and running from both squads as they are both balanced offensively. Don't know much about Wylie's defense coming back. The dbacks for Argyle may have some trouble early, though.....we'll see if Wylie tries to exploit that part of the Eagles defense.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:26 PM
Playing the national anthem right now folks, so it won't be long now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Eagles come out onto the field in an All-White new look uniform tonite with some black stripes and the Eagles logo. Here's the coin toss. Argyle wins the toss and will recieve

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:31 PM
McCook takes the kick and gets hammered at the Argyle 27 yd. line by the Wylie Bulldogs. We are under way. Taylor Sweatt takes a handoff and just gets back to the line of scrimmage for no gain on first.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Ledford rolls out and keeps it as he steps out of bounds for 1 yd. gain. 3rd and 9 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Ledford was under pressure and threw deep over Estrada's head out of bounds. Argyle goes 3 and out and will punt. Estrada punts it and Matt Rowe hammers Jackson Money as he fields it at the 39.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Asbill takes the handoff for 2 yds on 1st down for the Bulldogs. 2nd down and Tyler Ward picks up 7 yds just shy of a first down my inches.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Almost a pick 6 by Gage Campell on that first down pass attempt. 2nd and 15 now for Wylie.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Wylie from their own 44 yd line, Pepper picks up 4 yds.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:37 PM
3rd and 11, Ward throws deep to Money but Campbell knocks it away. That was a 40 yd pass on target, but good defensive coverage. Wylie will punt. Ward will be the punter.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Nice punt to McCook at the 7 and he gets it back to only the 11. That was a 43 yd punt by Ward.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Estrada takes a zoom sweep as he breaks a few tackles and takes it out past the 20 for a first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Now Sweatt gains 3 more past the 25 yd line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Ledford passes it to Estrada but really for no gain on that one. He couldn't find a deep reciever downfield. Ledford tosses a shuttle pass for a gain of about 5, short of the first down. Estrada will punt again. Timeout Argyle.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Money takes the punt all the way back to midfield on a great punt, but he outkicked the coverage. He broke loose and gained 30 on that 47 yd punt.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:44 PM
So far Wylie seems to be controlling the pace of the game. They are moving the ball on offense and playing tough defense. Now Wylie is on the Argyle 27. Flag down as they ran a quick play but one of the Bulldogs wasn't off the field yet.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Too many people on the field for Argyle as they didn't allow the substitution after Wylie substituted. The officials should have held the ball from being centered. They will call off the flag and move the ball back to the original line of scrimmage.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:47 PM
QB draw for 2 yds. by Ward for a first down at the Argyle 25. Bad snap and a loss of 14 at the 39. 2nd and 24 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:48 PM
Pepper takes it down to the 32. Ward will throw but has to keep it and run it down to the 31. 4th and long now for Wylie.....they will go for it.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Pass by Ward to Money is knocked away by Dylan Sadler. He could have intercepted it but just opted to knock it away. Argyle takes over on their own 31. Sweatt takes it to the 38 yd line on 1st down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:51 PM
1st down for Argyle to the 41 yd. line. Incomplete to McCook on 1st. Ledford hasn't impressed yet.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Screen to JC pass as a flag is thrown in the backfield for holding. 2nd and 20 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:52 PM
They had JC Chalk covered with triple coverage on that one. Toss to Sweatt as he picks up 8 yds. 3rd and 12 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:54 PM
McCook goes in motion but delay of game from Ledford as he saw a blitz coming. Now it's 3rd and 18. Long throw deep incomplete. Now Estrada will punt again.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Fair catch at the 27 yd line as Wylie takes over. 97 degrees on the field. Asbill is hammered as he takes the handoff for no gain on first

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Tyler Ward is gonna run and Bearden was horse-collared with no flag thrown as Ward picks up 9. Ward is 6-3, 205.....so he's got size.
's

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Ward keeps it again as he picks up 13 again for another first down at the Argyle 40. Pepper spins out of Bearden's grasp and picks up a couple of more. I t would have been a loss. The O-line for Wylie is pushing against Argyle's defensive line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 07:59 PM
The O-line for Wylie are all seniors, not all returning starters but they are reloaded on that line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:00 PM
So far Wylie's offense has moved the ball and kept the Argyle defense guessing and off balance. 2nd and 9 from the Argyle 29. Incomplete in the end zone out of bounds.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Jackson Money was the intended reciever. Josh Novil takes the option pitch for 9 yds. Looks like they are inches short.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:02 PM
4th and inches from the Argyle 16 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Collin Moore shoves Ward forward for a first down at the Argyle 14.

End of 1st quarter 0-0. Wylie knocking on the door.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:08 PM
I formation for Wylie as Pennington sacks Ward for a big loss. Now there's a pass and flags are thrown. He caught the ball, but it should have been offensive interference according to the Argyle Broadcast team. They pulled down defender Campbell by his shoulder pads. So they called interference on Campbell, but he was shoved into the reciever by another Wylie receiver. 1st down Wylie on the 7.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:08 PM
3rd and 6 now as Bearden stops that run.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:09 PM
A pass attempt by Ward but he is sacked by Jacob Forrer for a 2 yd loss. They will kick the field goal.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Penalty will back them up another 5 yds. This will be a 30 yd attempt. The kick is good. First score of the game.

Wylie 3
Argyle 0

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Good defensive stand to hold Wylie to a field goal on that series. Wylie kicker made a good kick.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:12 PM
McCook takes it at the 12 and is hammered at the 25. They are hitting hard and laying licks out there folks.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Sweatt is hit hard behind the line and losses 3 yds. on that handoff. 2nd down for Argyle. Ledford hits Estrada as he runs it down to the 49. Sweatt picks up 7 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Argyle now down to the Wylie 29 for a first down. Sweatt falls foward for 2 more at the 27 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:16 PM
Argyle's good senior lineman Ty Smith limps off the field as his ankle got rolled up. Now Argyle takes it down for the 18 yd for another first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Sweatt misses the hole and picks up 3 yds. on his own. He just didn't see the hole open up. McCook on jet sweep to the 12. 3rd and 5 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Wylie showing blitz. McCook takes it again on a sweep and gets away from one defender and the cuts back to just short of the first.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:19 PM
I guess it was a first down. Sweatt takes is for another 3 yds down to the Wylie 4 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:20 PM
Taylor Sweatt opens a crease and scores untouched. That was a big hole right up the middle. Touchdown Argyle. Kick is good by Estrada.

Argyle 7
Wylie 3

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Very good game by 2 good defensive teams early on tonite. Estrada kicks a touchback into the endzone. Wylie will start at their own 25.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Movement up front for Wylie here. 1st and 15 now from the 20.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Ward looking to throw and breaks a hit behind the line and runs for a first down. Jackson Money throws a great block to open up the lane for Ward.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Ward hits a pass downfield quickly now down to the 44 yd line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Pepper now catches another pass and runs it down to the 12 yd line on another pass.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Pepper now down to the 10 on that run. 2nd and 8 now. Ward runs that qb draw down to the Argyle 4. He's a big boy and runs very well behind his O-line. He's been running all night....breaking the grasp of the Argyle defenders. He's a very good athletic qb.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:28 PM
Asbill takes it at the 4, but lost a yard as Bearden takes him down. 4th and 2 at the Argyle 4.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Wylie will go for this one. Wylie calls a timeout. 2:02 to play. Look for an option play. Movement on the Argyle line. That's a first down now. First and goal at the Arygle 2 . That was a hard count to pull the defense offsides. Good ball management by Ward.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Josiah Light gets it into the endzone as he was stopped and the guys on the O-line pushed him over from behind on a slow developing touchdown run. Touchdown Wylie. Kick is good.

Wylie 10
Argyle 7

A little over a minute left in the half. Wylie will kick to Argyle.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Deep kick to the 7. Spencer Cullen takes it all the way back to the 40 yd line. 60 yds to go with 1:05 left for Arygle.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:35 PM
McCook picks up 6 on first down. Ledford throws to McCook and throws but should have run it for a first . Estrada was wide open down the left side as Ledford had plenty of time....just threw it too quickly.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:36 PM
Argyle will run it and run the clock down here on 4th down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Wylie 10
Argyle 7

Halftime

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Sounds to me just listening to the Argyle broadcast team that qb Dane Ledford has not really gotten comfortable in his new role at qb. He missed the first scrimmage with an injury to his pinkie finger, and just had that one scrimmage to get ready. Wylie is controlling the game so far on both sides of the ball, holding the Argyle offense and using all their many weapons on offense to move the chains. If the Argyle defense was not very good, Wylie would have several touchdowns. I think the Wylie offense will be very good this season, and it's hard to say about their defense so far because the Argyle offense is just not playing well.

Sweetwater Red
08-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Here's a view of the Argyle sideline and crowd for those that didn't make the trip.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/image.jpg1.jpg

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Wylie's played better field position and dominating in the trenches so far. Argyle's top offensive tackle Ty Smith went out and hasn't returned. And he has great size. So now David Bearden has taken his spot on the O-line and also starts on the D-line. He has a standing offer on defense from Air Force, but Army is recruiting him for their O-line even though he hasn't really played that position much. They feel he has the size and excellent foot movement to do the job.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 08:50 PM
That's about a "normal" Argyle away crowd. Heck, your visitor stands hold more than Argyle's home stands, lol. Argyle just doesn't have that many out of town travelers other than those connected directly with their kids involved in band, cheerleading, and players. Not a very big population in the town.....about 3500-4000.

Sweetwater Red
08-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Look at Wylie getting all high tech and stuff. :nerd:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/image.jpg1_1.jpg

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Argyle will kickoff to Wylie to start the 2nd half. Estrada kicks it deep and that opt to not run it out. 1st from the 25 for Wylie.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Asbill up the middle and a flag on Hudson Speed as he grabs the facemask while taking Asbill down. 15 yd penalty. 44 yd line for Wylie now. 1st and 10.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Bad start for Argyle to start the 2nd half with that big penalty right outta the gate.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Wylie running the ball on Argyle with their many weapons and quick offensive scheme. Wylie has 2 more first downs now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:12 PM
On the Argyle 32 now, Pepper loses a yard on that run on first down.

Sweetwater Red
08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Since gp77 is playing grandpa I'll post a pic for the Wylie folks.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/image.jpg1_2.jpg

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Bearden and Matt Rowe sacks QB Ward on that pass attempt way back to the 42 on 2nd down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Intercepted by Dylan Sadler on a throw to Money. Argyle will take over here early in the 2nd half.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Sweatt takes a misdirection handoff just shy of a first down. 2nd and half a yard now for Argyle. Estrada recieves a pass out to the Argyle 36 for a first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Ledford runs the ball 17 yds out to midfield for another first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:19 PM
2nd and 7 now for Argyle at the Wylie 45. He hits Estrada at the 30 yd line. He's at the 29 and he catches it off a tipped pass.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Incomplete by Ledford but there is a flag. Defensive interference on Josh Novil covering Estrada.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:20 PM
Ledford keeps it on a short run for 3 yds. 2nd and 7 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Taylor Sweatt down to the Wylie 9. 3rd and 4 . Looks like Sweatt is just short of the first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Here comes the kicker. 22 yd field goal is good for Caleb Holt.

Argyle 10
Wylie 10

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:25 PM
Estrada has kicked 3 touchbacks so far. Now Josh Novil tries to take it out 8 yds deep then hesitates, then takes it out and is hit at the 4 yd. line. Too much indecision on his part. Should have just taken the knee.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:26 PM
Josh Light hit by a host of Eagles for a yard gain. Ward looking to throw is hit by Bearden and losses a yard. 3 and almost 10 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:26 PM
Incomplete pass to Jackson Money as Estrada was covering on that one. Now Wylie will have to punt from their own endzone.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Mc Cook takes it down to the Wylie 5 yd line but it will come back on a block in the back by Argyle. He took the knuckleball punt on the 45 and was off to the races, but the block in the back was obvious. Argyle now backed up to the Wylie 48.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Little pass to JC Chalk for 8 yds. Sweatt gets the run for 3 and another first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:30 PM
Sweatt picks up 7 after being hit at the LOS. 2nd and 3 now. McCook gets a first down at the 22 yd line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Ledford is hit as he throws the ball and it's almost intercepted. He waited a little too long to throw it. 2nd and 10 from the 22. Brooks Pepper drops Sweatt for 5 yd loss. 3rd and 15.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Ledford overthrows JC Chalk on that pass attempt. 4th and 15 from the Wylie 27 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Caleb Holt just made a 45 yd field goal.

Argyle 13
Wylie 10

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Estrada kicks another touchback into the back of the endzone. Wylie to start on their own 25 yd line here late in the 3rd qtr.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Hudson Speed reads the screen pass and drops the back for a one yard loss.

End of 3rd quarter.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Tyler Ward under pressure is dropped for no gain. 3rd and 10 from the 25 yd line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Ward is sacked by Shane McKinney as he rolls out to pass. He loses 2 yds. 4th and 12 as Wylie will punt again. Hits at the 50 and bounces out of bounds at the Argyle 48.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:39 PM
McCook in motion and handed off to Sweatt for a halfyard loss by Fuentes of Wylie.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:40 PM
2nd and 11. Ledford gets it JC Chalk on an inside curl as he makes a move and gets it downfield for a first down at the Wylie 40.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:41 PM
McCook gains 6 yds on that run. He tried to cut it outside and took a pretty good shot.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Quick snap and quick throw after he drops the ball and hits Spencer Cullen as he grabs it off the turf for another first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Holding on Argyle 0line there will back Argyle to the 36 yd line. 1st and 17 now for Argyle.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Sweatt takes it up the middle to the 25 on that shuffle pass. 2nd and 6 now. Ledford rolls to his right and hits Estrada at the Wylie 14 for another Eagle first down.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Sweatt up the middle, has room but gets hammered at the 5 yd line. Pepper is hitting hard out there. He got hit by a couple of Bulldogs hard that time.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:45 PM
2nd and 5, but a loss of a yard. 3rd and a yard and a half now for Argyle.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:46 PM
The ends are crashing in as Argyle had no where to go. 4th and 1. They need the 4 yd line. Handoff to Sweatt, it's close.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:47 PM
First down by half a football on the Wylie 4.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:47 PM
False start on Chalk. 1st and 9 for the Eagles now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Sweatt back up the middle down to the 2 yd line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:49 PM
2nd and 2. Drew Estrada on a sweep as he outruns and slips thru the defense for another Argyle touchdown. Kick is good

Argyle 20
Wylie 10

4:20 left

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Estrada will attempt to kick another touchback here for the Eagles.....and he does. Right over the pylon as Josh Noble fields it but out of bounds behind the pylon. Wylie ball on the 25 yd line. Pass to Asbill for 8 yds.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Wylie will be passing on this series. Ward drops back but takes off on the pressure as Ward escapes to the 45 yd line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Noble is dropped by Speed, Harper, and McKinney for a yard loss.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Ward throws to Money deep but slightly overthrow as he had a step on Spencer Cullen. 3rd and 11. Thrown to Pepper but he drops it. 4th down now. Wylie will have to go for it.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:55 PM
He we go. Ward throws it to Money but it's knocked down by Dylan Sadler. Argyle takes over with 3:04 on the Wylie 45 yd line.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Sweatt picks up 8 yds on a first down run.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:57 PM
Sweatt is pushed out of bounds by Kyle Lott as it is now 3rd down. Argyle coaches telling yelling at Sweatt to stay in bounds. Sweatt dropped for no gain as Wylie calls a timeout. Argyle will have 4th and 2 with about 2 minutes left here.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Argyle in punt formation at the 38 yd line. Estrada tries a coffin corner punt that just misses the corner by about a yard . Wylie will take over on their own 25 now with 1:57 left .

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Wylie needs 2 scores here. Fumble as Speed strips Ward of the ball and Bearden falls on it at the 15 yd line.

lostaussie
08-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Ballgame

regaleagle
Argyle first down at the 14 yd line. That was a shutdown defensive play by Speed.

regaleagle
Holding on that play by Argyle. 1st and 20 now.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 10:02 PM
False start on the line. 1st and 25 as the clock is running down. This is a bad rule when the offense has a penalty like this and the clock keeps running.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Sweatt is hit hard and Riley Hedge causes the fumble. Wylie comes up with the ball here.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Tyler Ward is sacked again by Speed and Bearden.

regaleagle
08-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Ward back to throw and takes off running. 3rd and 12 with 10 secs left. The clock winds down to zero as the Argyle Eagles get the hard-fought win.

Argyle 20
Abilene Wylie 10

Final

skins4life
08-28-2015, 10:20 PM
Ward back to throw and takes off running. 3rd and 12 with 10 secs left. The clock winds down to zero as the Argyle Eagles get the hard-fought win.

Argyle 20
Abilene Wylie 10

Final

:2thumbsup

Aguilafanatico
08-28-2015, 11:41 PM
As expected Wylie came to play. Argyle was very sluggish in the first half but the coaches let them pin their ears back and play in the 2nd half and they looked much better. Big props to a young Wylie team. They are salty.

slingshot
08-29-2015, 12:26 AM
Congrats to Argyle. We hung with you pretty good for a half but your size up front on the O-line wore us down in the second half. Now on to Burnet! Should be a good one...

slingshot
08-29-2015, 12:29 AM
BTW--don't believe everything your (or our... ) radio crew says. I was about 10 yards from the disputed interference call in the 1st half and had a great vantage point--lot of contact by both the DB and the WR on the play but it was clear pass interference on the DB. Those two went at each other all night.

Aguilafanatico
08-29-2015, 12:31 AM
You guys played tough man. It was nick and tuck in the first half. I really felt like the difference was that the Argyle D really stepped up and played very aggressively in the second half. Took the O awhile to get going.

Wayne
08-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Argyle's offense was sluggish in the first half, but you have got to give props to the Wylie Defense! I think AW is under rated, and teams that have to face them will see for themselves! Great game! Congrats Eagles!

Aguilafanatico
08-29-2015, 01:06 AM
Agreed. Argyle played extremely conservative though. The defense had a game in which it didn't look like Wylie would be able to run away so the O played a "let's keep it close game". It paid off.

bearbear78
08-29-2015, 03:29 PM
How many yards rushing against Cleburne and AW?

regaleagle
08-29-2015, 06:01 PM
According to the Denton Record Chronicle....Argyle had 133 yds rushing and 134 passing last night. Not sure what the numbers were against Cleburne. Wylie had 185 rushing and 105 passing. Pretty good teams and pretty good defenses last night for so early in the season. Both teams should do well in the playoffs.