PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline District winner predictions, state champ predictions Show

Gsquared
08-21-2015, 10:40 AM
http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/?article_id=2697

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sideline-to-Sideline/173097212777541?ref=hl

Twitter: @GrantandTerry

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2015, 10:53 AM
nice intro

Gsquared
08-21-2015, 12:00 PM
nice intro

Intro where Terry drops the F Bomb?

jason
08-21-2015, 02:59 PM
when i listen to these i always want to call in and correct mistakes and then realize i can't...

WOS87
08-21-2015, 05:16 PM
An "epic" rematch between WOS and LaMarque? Ok. They didn't even cross the 50 yard line last year. Not that I don't love my LaMarque peeps and yet would love to even up the all-time record against them to 3-3 but the LaMarque fans themselves are questioning how they are gonna do this year. Both of the La Las in Region III will have their hands full yet again this year.

bobcat1
08-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Terry Terry Terry, Always the hate Bro??? I got ya steak dude. Yes I'm listening to the spew. Love it when you go to the high pitch :cheerl: "I think it's in play" about Godley. Good Show.

regaleagle
08-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Great preseason excitement building for the opening week. All teams are starting out even, and hopes abound. But it's the excitement of Texas high school football that's the main attraction, regardless of the forecasting. Every Mom and Dad, every football junkie....can't wait for the action to officially get underway. Good luck to every single team this season and have tons of fun. Most of you will only get a few years to shine under the lights.....give it your very best efforts. Let's Play Some Football!!!!

griff
08-23-2015, 01:56 PM
That podcast was a yawner. It's no different than listening to a couple of guys eating a bag of chips on their lunch break just casually throwing out some half baked opinions. It is a regular occurrence now that much of the statewide coverage of high school football teams by a few individuals who live in Dallas or Austin just doesn't give enough accuracy to what is really out there. A better gauge is to follow local and regional coverage by the media and coaches who are familiar with the teams and players than the statewide material such as what is on this podcast.

Gen.Pat
08-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Great Show.

WOS1
08-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Well, last yr you guys picked LG to beat us. One of you picked them to beat us pretty bad, but we see how that turned out. By the way, we will play LM in the 3rd round, not second. LG would be in the 4th round as long as we all finish in the same place in district we did last yr. Also of note I heard in your broadcast, Barbay is not thew coach at Coldspring anymore, it is Mark Byrd.

Leopardfan201
08-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Well, last yr you guys picked LG to beat us. One of you picked them to beat us pretty bad, but we see how that turned out. By the way, we will play LM in the 3rd round, not second. LG would be in the 4th round as long as we all finish in the same place in district we did last yr. Also of note I heard in your broadcast, Barbay is not thew coach at Coldspring anymore, it is Mark Byrd.

Dnt get butthurt it's just a prediction we will see what happens later on in the year

griff
08-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Dnt get butthurt it's just a prediction we will see what happens later on in the year

"Butthurt?" Why would he be? His team won that game.

He was simply asking the hokey podcasters to be "butt correct."

WOS87
08-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Simmer down now ladies you're all pretty. WOS will have their hands full in Region 3 as will every other team... bottomline.

Leopardfan201
08-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Yes region 3 will be tough..with WOS..LG..HJ..Giddings..LM..Bellville..I see a dog fight

lostaussie
08-23-2015, 08:22 PM
Just listened. I like the way y'all think!! Grant, I hope we don't make you change your mind on Thursday night......lol

WOS1
08-23-2015, 10:09 PM

Not getting BH, pointing out facts they both picked us to lose to LG, one of them by "3 scores" which I'm assuming he meant 21 points. And that really didn't work out well for you guys.

And 87 I'm not sure where your getting from my or griff post where you may think we don't think our road will be tough... Not sure where that's coming from.

WOS87
08-24-2015, 01:32 AM
Not getting BH, pointing out facts they both picked us to lose to LG, one of them by "3 scores" which I'm assuming he meant 21 points. And that really didn't work out well for you guys.

And 87 I'm not sure where your getting from my or griff post where you may think we don't think our road will be tough... Not sure where that's coming from.

You're not sticking to the plan... shush we're totally gonna lose to Scarborough.

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 06:24 AM
That podcast was a yawner. It's no different than listening to a couple of guys eating a bag of chips on their lunch break just casually throwing out some half baked opinions. It is a regular occurrence now that much of the statewide coverage of high school football teams by a few individuals who live in Dallas or Austin just doesn't give enough accuracy to what is really out there. A better gauge is to follow local and regional coverage by the media and coaches who are familiar with the teams and players than the statewide material such as what is on this podcast.

"Half Baked", that made me giggle. :)

griff
08-24-2015, 08:00 AM

It's more than just their predictions I'm pointing to...it's their analysis and the lack thereof. The possible LG/WO-S game is just one example. So, they picked LG to win this matchup. OK. Based on what? Because it's LG's turn to win this matchup? Because they are more familiar with LG than WO-S? Because they like the purple and gold color combination of their school colors? These might as well be the reasons used for their selections because there is no real description as to WHY they make these predictions. If I'm not mistaken, they picked the same result last year. What did they base that prediction on? The bottom line here is there nothing of substance to gain from this. It's just a shallow pick'em show.

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 08:32 AM
Simmer down now ladies you're all pretty. WOS will have their hands full in Region 3 as will every other team... bottomline.

Ill be coming down for either the WOS vs Newton game on 10/2 or the WOS/Richmond Foster game the week before on 9/26. This will give me a chance to re-fill my freezer with boudin too

griff
08-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Ill be coming down for either the WOS vs Newton game on 10/2 or the WOS/Richmond Foster game the week before on 9/26. This will give me a chance to re-fill my freezer with boudin too

Let us know which game you'll attend so that we can meet you in person.

The WO-S vs. Newton game will be televised.

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 09:04 AM

Ok will do, thinking Newton game is going to be the one but will know for sure in the next couple of weeks. Ill pm you to coordinate etc....

Aguilafanatico
08-24-2015, 09:44 AM
It's more than just their predictions I'm pointing to...it's their analysis and the lack thereof. The possible LG/WO-S game is just one example. So, they picked LG to win this matchup. OK. Based on what? Because it's LG's turn to win this matchup? Because they are more familiar with LG than WO-S? Because they like the purple and gold color combination of their school colors? These might as well be the reasons used for their selections because there is no real description as to WHY they make these predictions. If I'm not mistaken, they picked the same result last year. What did they base that prediction on? The bottom line here is there nothing of substance to gain from this. It's just a shallow pick'em show.

It's a pre-season prediction show. Is what it is. What are they supposed to analize, practice? Take it for what it is, just fun. Real predictions come after the teams have played a few games. We are all just speculating right now.

lostaussie
08-24-2015, 09:55 AM

Its way over-rated:D

lostaussie
08-24-2015, 09:56 AM

Not the game.......Grant

griff
08-24-2015, 10:03 AM

I'll be sure Gsquared knows where he's supposed to sit for this game. :thumbsup:

lostaussie
08-24-2015, 10:04 AM
We probably don't need to go there!! Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 10:20 AM
We probably don't need to go there!! Lol

Still deciding who to grace on Friday, Gilmer or LE. which side to choose...... hmmmmmm

lostaussie
08-24-2015, 10:22 AM
You will have WAY more room on LE side but I'm still shopping for 2 more tickets.

waterboy
08-24-2015, 01:05 PM
You will have WAY more room on LE side but I'm still shopping for 2 more tickets.

True dat! Our visitor side rarely fills up. There have been a few times it has, namely teams like Tatum, Kilgore, Carthage, Daingerfield, and Gladewater.

Please sit on the visitor's side, Grant! :D

Caveman
08-24-2015, 01:34 PM
It's a pre-season prediction show. Is what it is. What are they supposed to analize, practice? Take it for what it is, just fun. Real predictions come after the teams have played a few games. We are all just speculating right now.

"Analize"???????? Hey bro, if you meant that I'm LMFAO. If not just helping out. Analyze.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2015, 01:42 PM
lol its a 4a and 3a prediction state wide show, they don't have 15 hrs to go in to detail for each game why they're picking one team over the other. So since WOS won last season that is the reason you're saying WOS should handle La Grange again despite losing a good portion of their team and La Grange returning their playmaker a year older with more experience? Its a pick before the season starts and if it comes to those two later in the season they do have a show for that matchup and most likely go into better detail. They also do other classifications so it is time consuming.

:)

GJ guys keep it up.

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 01:52 PM
True dat! Our visitor side rarely fills up. There have been a few times it has, namely teams like Tatum, Kilgore, Carthage, Daingerfield, and Gladewater.

Please sit on the visitor's side, Grant! :D

Looks like ill be a Buckeye by seating arrangement for at least the first half!!!!!!!!! :)

waterboy
08-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Looks like ill be a Buckeye by seating arrangement for at least the first half!!!!!!!!! :)

Hey, I'll BUY you a ticket, some nachos, and a drink if you'll sit on the visitor's side!:D

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Hey, I'll BUY you a ticket, some nachos, and a drink if you'll sit on the visitor's side!:D

Ok, you got a deal. Ill collect the nachos and drink in the first half when I see you on the Gilmer side!!!! :)

waterboy
08-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Ok, you got a deal. Ill collect the nachos and drink in the first half when I see you on the Gilmer side!!!! :)

Nope! I won't be buying if you won't be complying! I will meet you, then you can buy me a drink and nachos!:D

Gsquared
08-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Nope! I won't be buying if you won't be complying! I will meet you, then you can buy me a drink and nachos!:D

Ok, find Lostaussie, ill be sitting with him (bet I can pull his wallet out pick pocket style!)

toddg
08-24-2015, 06:25 PM
dont worry Grant, your faith in Alvarado will be vindicated..alot of folks, including Kennedale, will be suprised!!

lostaussie
08-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Ok, find Lostaussie, ill be sitting with him (bet I can pull his wallet out pick pocket style!)

The eight seats are together. 4 on one row and 4 right above them. I'm thinking I better sit in the top seats and put my wallet in my front pocket:D

buckeyebob
08-25-2015, 06:29 AM

They also picked Gilmer to win the State Crown

buckeyebob
08-25-2015, 06:33 AM
Still deciding who to grace on Friday, Gilmer or LE. which side to choose...... hmmmmmm

Looks like I gotta spare, maybe two

Gsquared
08-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Looks like I gotta spare, maybe two

Lostaussie, what section and row are we in so I can tell buckeyebob and waterboy?

Bob, bringing the new girlfriend so like I told Lostaussie, you have to embellish me. Make up some kick a$$ story like how I am always doing charity work in Upshur county. Lostaussie already has dibs on the story of me saving 100 orphans from a burning bus.

Dawgs
08-25-2015, 06:54 AM
Lostaussie, what section and row are we in so I can tell buckeyebob and waterboy?

Bob, bringing the new girlfriend so like I told Lostaussie, you have to embellish me. Make up some kick a$$ story like how I am always doing charity work in Upshur county. Lostaussie already has dibs on the story of me saving 100 orphans from a burning bus.

Well since you will be in Upshur County, you can tell her you work at an outreach program helping people properly care for there teeth. There's an epidemic in Gilmer with people losing there teeth before the age of 25!!!

waterboy
08-25-2015, 07:41 AM
Well since you will be in Upshur County, you can tell her you work at an outreach program helping people properly care for there teeth. There's an epidemic in Gilmer with people losing there teeth before the age of 25!!!

Yep, but that epidemic started in Carthage and has spread throughout East Texas. Did y'all know that Panola County is the only county in the state that passes out vouchers at all home games on the home side for new dentures at the local dentists? It must be good to have all those mines and gas wells in the tax base!

waterboy
08-25-2015, 07:42 AM

So we can't mention all those midget strippers? :(

Gsquared
08-25-2015, 07:49 AM
So we can't mention all those midget strippers? :(

Yeah, we better table that one until I grow on her and cant do any wrong. Think im close!

lostaussie
08-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Heck I don't know. Somewhere around 38 yardline on scoreboard end about half way up. I think Waterboy already knows where they are. I probably won't be there until about 6:45 or 7. Takes me an hour or two to get ready:D

Gsquared
08-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Heck I don't know. Somewhere around 38 yardline on scoreboard end about half way up. I think Waterboy already knows where they are. I probably won't be there until about 6:45 or 7. Takes me an hour or two to get ready:D

Oh dear.....

chaingang
08-26-2015, 06:10 PM
lol its a 4a and 3a prediction state wide show, they don't have 15 hrs to go in to detail for each game why they're picking one team over the other. So since WOS won last season that is the reason you're saying WOS should handle La Grange again despite losing a good portion of their team and La Grange returning their playmaker a year older with more experience? Its a pick before the season starts and if it comes to those two later in the season they do have a show for that matchup and most likely go into better detail. They also do other classifications so it is time consuming.

GJ guys keep it up.

Many people outside our Region do not realize how WOS losing players doesn't really matter. As a matter of fact, arguably our best team ever was supposed to be a "rebuilding year" lost a ton from our '86 SC team.1987 team ended the season undefeated with our second consecutive SC , and a top 5 national rank with a bunch of newbies. There's many other years to use also. I just picked that one. We also have one of our playmakers returning a year older and better. He is our QB. Plus he's only a Jr..

cowboyandchrist
08-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Yep, but that epidemic started in Carthage and has spread throughout East Texas. Did y'all know that Panola County is the only county in the state that passes out vouchers at all home games on the home side for new dentures at the local dentists? It must be good to have all those mines and gas wells in the tax base!

You will still be able to hear us toothless Carthage Dawg fans singing na na nana hey hey good by the end of the first half. The 2015 Dawgs are loaded just like the 2014 Buckeyes were. Pay back time at Lobo field.

waterboy
08-27-2015, 09:16 AM
You will still be able to hear us toothless Carthage Dawg fans singing na na nana hey hey good by the end of the first half. The 2015 Dawgs are loaded just like the 2014 Buckeyes were. Pay back time at Lobo field.

Looking forward to it. Y'all should definitely be favored this year. I just hope we can keep it close... :)

griff
08-27-2015, 10:18 AM

GJ guys keep it up.

I made no prediction whatsoever. My point was to ask the hosts of this prediction show why are THEY predicting LG to beat WO-S this year? What are they basing it on? And what did they base it on last season? Also, it's obvious they put very little effort into this podcast because they gave the incorrect info on what round these two teams would play, as well as the round for a possible LaMarque match up.

I get it...some of you really like this silly little show and it's all in fun. That's fine, but it was a waste of time. Anyone could have sat by the water cooler and recorded something like this. I thought there was intent to be taken serious with their predictions, while sounding fun in that process. I will lower my expectations next time.

speedbump
08-27-2015, 12:11 PM
I made no prediction whatsoever. My point was to ask the hosts of this prediction show why are THEY predicting LG to beat WO-S this year? What are they basing it on? And what did they base it on last season? Also, it's obvious they put very little effort into this podcast because they gave the incorrect info on what round these two teams would play, as well as the round for a possible LaMarque match up.

I get it...some of you really like this silly little show and it's all in fun. That's fine, but it was a waste of time. Anyone could have sat by the water cooler and recorded something like this. I thought there was intent to be taken serious with their predictions, while sounding fun in that process. I will lower my expectations next time.

They did a show a while back looking at the best Texas HS running backs of all time. Never uttered a single word about Norm Bulaich. LOL