PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ La Grange

Pudlugger
08-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Well here we go folks, first game poll of the season too. The Panthers return several key starters from a very seasoned DI team and hope to even the score after their opening lose to the Leps in 2014. Meanwhile the Leopards will try to get their game on early against this ranked team and dangerous offense. J.K. Dobbins has been suited up at both scrimmages but hung out with the coaches the entire time not getting any touches and will certainly be pulling on the reins come Friday night. I expect the offense to gain a huge spark with him returning to the gridiron. I see a close game with the Leps squeeking by with a win by a point or two.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Liberty Hill by a td

Leopardfan201
08-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Give me LG by 14 with jk Dobbins running for over 200 yards

hollywood
08-21-2015, 04:02 PM
A great season opener! Going with LH by 7. Lots of defense I suspect. 28-21 type game I'm guessing.

Pudlugger
08-21-2015, 09:15 PM
A great season opener! Going with LH by 7. Lots of defense I suspect. 28-21 type game I'm guessing.

GOTW perhaps?

Leopardfan201
08-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Jk Dobbins will be too much for LH defense

sinfan75
08-21-2015, 09:31 PM
You know a team doesn't have much depth at running back when they won't use there starting running back in scrimmages!! LOL Liberty Hill by 14.

Leopardfan201
08-21-2015, 09:34 PM
You know a team doesn't have much depth at running back when they won't use there starting running back in scrimmages!! LOL Liberty Hill by 14.

Ur from sinton..if ya make that far u be seeing jk Dobbins also

sinfan75
08-21-2015, 09:50 PM
Made it 2 years straight so hope Sinton does a threepeat! Not knockin Dobbins either. He is definitely a great running back. Just wondering why does your coach not let him play in the scrimmages? I'm sure he wants to get out there and play just like the other kids. is he injured?

Pudlugger
08-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Made it 2 years straight so hope Sinton does a threepeat! Not knockin Dobbins either. He is definitely a great running back. Just wondering why does your coach not let him play in the scrimmages? I'm sure he wants to get out there and play just like the other kids. is he injured?

Why should he play Dobbins in a scrimmage. scrimmages are to find out who can play. We all know Dobbins can play. The only thing that can happen is bad...an injury. Yes the leps are very deep at running backs this year with several juniors carrying the rock with authority and speed. Hope we can get far enough to play the Pirates this year. That would be a great game.

Leopardfan201
08-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Why should he play Dobbins in a scrimmage. scrimmages are to find out who can play. We all know Dobbins can play. The only thing that can happen is bad...an injury. Yes the leps are very deep at running backs this year with several juniors carrying the rock with authority and speed. Hope we can get far enough to play the Pirates this year. That would be a great game.

I hope so too but region 3 will be battle with the likes of..WOS..HJ..LM..Giddings..Bellville

sinfan75
08-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Why should he play Dobbins in a scrimmage. scrimmages are to find out who can play. We all know Dobbins can play. The only thing that can happen is bad...an injury. Yes the leps are very deep at running backs this year with several juniors carrying the rock with authority and speed. Hope we can get far enough to play the Pirates this year. That would be a great game. Don't worry about me I just found it interesting that highschool coaches are now actually holding out star players from scrimmages. Just another sign that high school football is a changing.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2015, 11:26 PM
Why should he play Dobbins in a scrimmage. scrimmages are to find out who can play. We all know Dobbins can play. The only thing that can happen is bad...an injury. Yes the leps are very deep at running backs this year with several juniors carrying the rock with authority and speed. Hope we can get far enough to play the Pirates this year. That would be a great game.2009 last time Sinton/La Grange matchup and it was for region IV title. Yea Leopards won in overtime. Also recall meetings in baseball both for region iv title and La Grange coming away with the title there also. Some payback would be nice but several teams in region IV that can stop Sinton from winning their 3rd straight region iv title, Cuero, Navarro, Yoakum and possibly Wimberley or Orange Grove.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2015, 11:27 PM
good matchup for game of the week to start 2015

slingshot
08-22-2015, 11:46 AM
good matchup for game of the week to start 2015Maybe for R4. Argyle @ Wylie for the best 'Statewide 4A' GOTW...

Aguilafanatico
08-22-2015, 11:49 AM
I smell a thread coming.

hollywood
08-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Maybe for R4. Argyle @ Wylie for the best 'Statewide 4A' GOTW...

I'd say a toss up between Argyle @ Wylie and Liberty Hill @ La Grange for 4A GOTW.

Shouldn't there be a poll for each region GOTW's?

speedbump
08-22-2015, 06:24 PM
I'd say a toss up between Argyle @ Wylie and Liberty Hill @ La Grange for 4A GOTW.

Shouldn't there be a poll for each region GOTW's?

Region 4 I'd go with Cuero @ Wharton. Last years Cuero win broke a string of five straight between the two decided by 3 or less and nine straight decided by 7 or less. Should be another barn burner and they could also meet again in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
08-23-2015, 12:17 PM
We had a couple of defensive starters out of the Lockhart scrimmage with minor knee injuries. They didn't look serious though and got wrapped and iced on the sidelines. Hopefully they will be back in time for LH. Our starting center has been out 2 weeks with a dislocated shoulder but Coach K thinks he'll be ready to play Friday. Meanwhile our young O line seems to have improved getting off the ball and driving back the defensive line this week. Our linebackers are playing solid ball and will be a huge factor against the LH running game.

Pudlugger
08-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Where are all the Liberty Hill folks? Usually they are pretty active on the board. This is a big game for both teams and the Panthers have some payback to dish out. The Panthers are the favorites according to our poll yet no one is commenting from LH.

solocam
08-24-2015, 08:45 PM
La Grange by 14,Dobbins to much for Panther D

Leopardfan201
08-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Jk Dobbins is about too wreck shop on LH defense

LHPfactory
08-24-2015, 10:40 PM
Na, Dobbins going to have a rough night, he has the X-Ring on him. JK better tell the recruiters to stay away, they wont be impressed with his performance in the opener. :stirpot::stirpot:

Leopardfan201
08-24-2015, 10:44 PM
Have u seen him in action watch his highlights on hudi

Leopardfan201
08-24-2015, 10:51 PM
And look the Austin American statesman he's on the front page

LHPfactory
08-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Have u seen him in action watch his highlights on hudi

Yep, like I said

LHPfactory
08-24-2015, 11:07 PM
And look the Austin American statesman he's on the front page

Giant X-Ring

LHPfactory
08-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Dobbins is impressive, one of the best in the state, but LH Defense is looking good. It will be a great test for our boys for sure. We should have a good game on our hands.

panfan
08-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Jk Dobbins is about too wreck shop on LH defense
Mr. Dobbins likely to have an unpleasant surprise from LH defense.

Leopardfan201
08-24-2015, 11:17 PM
We will see the only team that contained him was WOS last year..we r undefeated with him as the starter in the last 2 regular seasons

Leopardfan201
08-24-2015, 11:18 PM
Dobbins is impressive, one of the best in the state, but LH Defense is looking good. It will be a great test for our boys for sure. We should have a good game on our hands.

It should be a great game between 2 of the state best

panfan
08-24-2015, 11:23 PM
It should be a great game between 2 of the state best
No doubt he will get yards, but we get stingy inside the 20 yd line. Ought to be a good game. Wish I could make it but heading to NYC. Will be listening though.

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2015, 06:04 AM
Give me LH by 14 with jk Dobbins running for over 2 yards
There. I fixed it for you. :stirpot:

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 07:13 AM
There. I fixed it for you. :stirpot:

The thing about Dobbins is..even if u have a great defense he will find holes..he will juke u rgt out of ur shoes..and he's runs a 4'3..so if he gets 5 yards on any of LH defensive backs that's 6 points..but who knows maybe LH can slow him down enough

Pudlugger
08-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Lots of attention on JK here but remember La Grange has a very stout defense. They also have several quick and versatile athletes on offense to spread the angle of attack out a bit beyond the focus of Mr. Dobbins. If LH spies on Dobbins all night Ramirez and Janda will have a big night. If the defense can get 3 or 4 good stops on LH the Lep offense will deliver the win.

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Lots of attention on JK here but remember La Grange has a very stout defense. They also have several quick and versatile athletes on offense to spread the angle of attack out a bit beyond the focus of Mr. Dobbins. If LH spies on Dobbins all night Ramirez and Janda will have a big night. If the defense can get 3 or 4 good stops on LH the Lep offense will deliver the win.

Damon Mckenzie for LG who is that he's fast from the scrimmages I seen

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Wow we have alot of LG haters from the poll I se....

panfan
08-25-2015, 07:53 AM
The thing about Dobbins is..even if u have a great defense he will find holes..he will juke u rgt out of ur shoes..and he's runs a 4'3..so if he gets 5 yards on any of LH defensive backs that's 6 points..but who knows maybe LH can slow him down enough

Unlike the chinese stock market, we are banking on our defense to get the job done. Offense, well, they will be the big ?. Shannon is coming back after a couple thousand yard season, but he had some big hombres blocking for him. I don't know how the line will do, but if they step up, Shannon will do what he does, gain yardage all day long. Not a flashy back, just a power and move it forward back.

Ya'll came to our house last year and gave us a butt whippin. Turns out that was a good thing as it set the tone for the rest of a very long and productive season. I don't think a spanking will be handed out Friday, it will be close. Give me LH by a TD. Who is gonna be givin the play by play or game updates via the downlow, just in case my internet link doesn't work so I can listen to the broadcast?

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Il give ya update s on the game all night if I can..it's a big game..both r predicted too get too the state semis this year

Pudlugger
08-25-2015, 08:02 AM

LepFan not haters it is just that LH has many more followers here on the board. LG has maybe 4 folks who post regularly here. More will get on the band wagon as the Leps move through their schedule. This year and next will be great years for the Leopards with all the young talent they have. I'm very excited about our chances. Job one now is to get by LH with a win. It is going to be a tough game as LH is as always a formidable opponent and they come into La Grange on a mission to even the score.

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 08:05 AM
I agree this year LG is young..but I believe they have more speed than last year..next year man LG will have like 8/8 returning

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 08:07 AM
LepFan not haters it is just that LH has many more followers here on the board. LG has maybe 4 folks who post regularly here. More will get on the band wagon as the Leps move through their schedule. This year and next will be great years for the Leopards with all the young talent they have. I'm very excited about our chances. Job one now is to get by LH with a win. It is going to be a tough game as LH is as always a formidable opponent and they come into La Grange on a mission to even the score.

Well we need to get more LG ppl on here..whrs hook

panfan
08-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Well we need to get more LG ppl on here..whrs hook

Not the mouth from the south.:helpme:

speedbump
08-25-2015, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=Leopardfan201;1866062]Well we need to get more LG ppl on here..whrs hook[/

Want me to fetch him for you? LOL

toddg
08-25-2015, 08:40 AM

he's an outstanding and a gamebreaking RB no doubt, with big time offers from D1 schools..and we will all see him tearing it up on tv in a major bowl game in the future...but, his 40 time is not 4.3...he's been electronically timed at camps at 4.57...his quickness, accelleration, cutting abilities and vision are the BIG notes on him..after watching LH last friday night in Alvarado..they are pretty stout up front defensively, backers are quick and aggressive..should be a great early test for both teams..both are legit contenders.

Pudlugger
08-25-2015, 09:18 AM
he's an outstanding and a gamebreaking RB no doubt, with big time offers from D1 schools..and we will all see him tearing it up on tv in a major bowl game in the future...but, his 40 time is not 4.3...he's been electronically timed at camps at 4.57...his quickness, accelleration, cutting abilities and vision are the BIG notes on him..after watching LH last friday night in Alvarado..they are pretty stout up front defensively, backers are quick and aggressive..should be a great early test for both teams..both are legit contenders.

I think folks will get a chance to decide for themselves how fast JK is after watching him play this year.

Blue42
08-25-2015, 09:22 AM
If Lockhart put 4 TD'S on LG "D"and thier RB is as good as they are making him to be this basketball score game.

Pudlugger
08-25-2015, 09:27 AM
If Lockhart put 4 TD'S on LG "D"and thier RB is as good as they are making him to be this basketball score game.

No doubt LH will score on our D but if they get a few stops our offense should deliver the win.

Blue42
08-25-2015, 09:46 AM
The LH "0" tries to keep the ball out of the other teams hands they can eat up some clock.
My kids always called it the turtle "O" or hide the ball, 3 yards in a cloud of dust, it works but hard to watch when you are a spread team.
Should be a good game smartest coach takes this one.

Pudlugger
08-25-2015, 10:19 AM
LG runs out of the Pistol mostly except for short yardage situations then they take the snap over center in the I formation. They run the wildcat out of a spread set with JK taking the snap too.

speedbump
08-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Beware the rust factor. Dobbins didn't play a down during the scrimmages so this will be his first time to run behind a mostly new O line at game speed. He's good enough to beat some teams by himself but I doubt LH is one of those. To many holes in the LG defense and not enough holes in the O line to run through. LH by 4 or more.

Pudlugger
08-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Beware the rust factor. Dobbins didn't play a down during the scrimmages so this will be his first time to run behind a mostly new O line at game speed. He's good enough to beat some teams by himself but I doubt LH is one of those. To many holes in the LG defense and not enough holes in the O line to run through. LH by 4 or more.

JK is a third year starter and knows our offense cold. He will not be "rusty". As for those "holes in our defense" I'm confident our coaches will have them filled up pretty tight by Friday.

speedbump
08-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Rust is about timing,not the playbook.

Pudlugger
08-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Rust is about timing,not the playbook.

Speedy you're being difficult again!

:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
08-25-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm rooting for LHHS but if I was betting my hard earned money it would be on La Grange

1st and goal
08-25-2015, 06:39 PM
There has been recent history of either LG or Giddings taking a crucial W away from LH early in the season. I am very interested to see if it can happen again.

Leopardfan201
08-25-2015, 06:47 PM
There has been recent history of either LG or Giddings taking a crucial W away from LH early in the season. I am very interested to see if it can happen again.

LG and Giddings should be a fantastic match up in October

WOS87
08-25-2015, 06:53 PM
LG and Giddings should be a fantastic match up in October

Giddings played us closer than LG did last year. Looking forward to the upcoming season. Good luck to all! Including Liberty Hill :2thumbsup

slingshot
08-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Giddings played us closer than LG did last year. Looking forward to the upcoming season. Good luck to all! Including Liberty Hill :2thumbsupLH by 7... good running teams are hard to beat early in the season (or later in the season for that matter!). Just a wild guess.

LHPfactory
08-25-2015, 11:29 PM
How are the LG Freshmen this year?
I also have 1 playing in that game Thursday night.

Pudlugger
08-26-2015, 05:53 AM
How are the LG Freshmen this year?
I also have 1 playing in that game Thursday night.

The freshman looked pretty good "winning the scrimmage" against El Campo. I expect they will have a great winning season as they gain experience early on. The JV is playing lights out and could go undefeated if they continue to improve.

jrhernandez7
08-26-2015, 09:50 AM
After watching Limited video from the Lockhart scrimmage, La grange does have some holes. Mainly in the middle, with their DTs. The Linebackers do swarm very well to the Ball. If liberty Hill doesn't turn the ball over running the slot-t, they could give LG some problems Friday night.

Prediction
LG 28
LH 27

I think a couple of early-season mistakes fumbling the ball from LH, and home-field advantage will be the difference for LG to sneak this one out behind thier talented RB.

panfan
08-26-2015, 09:55 AM
If liberty Hill doesn't turn the ball over running the slot-t, they will give LG lots of problems Friday night.

Prediction
LG 24
LH 28

Fixed it for ya. Hits the nail on the head. We fumbled so many freakin times last year against LG, I lost count.

Pudlugger
08-26-2015, 10:29 AM
After watching Limited video from the Lockhart scrimmage, La grange does have some holes. Mainly in the middle, with their DTs. The Linebackers do swarm very well to the Ball. If liberty Hill doesn't turn the ball over running the slot-t, they could give LG some problems Friday night.

Prediction
LG 28
LH 27

I think a couple of early-season mistakes fumbling the ball from LH, and home-field advantage will be the difference for LG to sneak this one out behind thier talented RB.

Actually our middle LB and nose guard are three very good players all returning starters from last year so I don't think we will be soft in the middle. Perhaps you saw some of the subs playing as the coach rotated a number of individual players in and out of that scrimmage. As for fumbles LH will be playing on grass Friday not dry turf so it will be an adjustment for them. Also, it is a long drive in a bus to LG from LH, another factor in HFA. LG by 7.

PappaFeelGood
08-26-2015, 12:01 PM
This game will be a great early test for both teams. Home field advantage and the JK factor give the Leps the edge. Leps by 7.

Aguilafanatico
08-26-2015, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=Pudlugger;1866193]Actually our middle LB and nose guard are three very good players all returning starters from last year so I don't think we will be soft in the middle.

They must be huge.

Pudlugger
08-26-2015, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Pudlugger;1866193]Actually our middle LB and nose guard are three very good players all returning starters from last year so I don't think we will be soft in the middle.

They must be huge.

Middle LBs :)

They weigh around 200+ lbs so pretty good size for 4a Hs ball.

Leopardfan201
08-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Is it Friday Yet....I wonder when LG going to replace the grass with new turf..it's way over due

Aguilafanatico
08-26-2015, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=Aguilafanatico;1866213]

Middle LBs :)

They weigh around 200+ lbs so pretty good size for 4a Hs ball.

:2thumbsup

hookandladder
08-27-2015, 08:24 AM
I have not seen LG this year yet however I know they did lose a number of players off the OL, Dobbins does not need much of a hole to get to the secondary and then it is just to much of a mismatch for most teams we have played. With that being said this game will be decided on how much LH sells out up front to stop him, if our QB can makes some plays then that could be the difference in the game. Special teams play will be interesting also, if LH kicks off or punts to JK it could be taken to the house on most plays. The question is, does LH have anywhere close to the athletes WOS had last year if so then it is possible to slow down JK enough for LH to pull out a win. LH no doubt has an offense to control the clock and limit LG offense touches, can LG make enough stops is another question. I do see a close game however no way I would bet against JK and the Leps at home, Leps 35-28.

panfan
08-27-2015, 10:31 AM
I have not seen LG this year yet however I know they did lose a number of players off the OL, Dobbins does not need much of a hole to get to the secondary and then it is just to much of a mismatch for most teams we have played. With that being said this game will be decided on how much LH sells out up front to stop him, if our QB can makes some plays then that could be the difference in the game. Special teams play will be interesting also, if LH kicks off or punts to JK it could be taken to the house on most plays. The question is, does LH have anywhere close to the athletes WOS had last year if so then it is possible to slow down JK enough for LH to pull out a win. LH no doubt has an offense to control the clock and limit LG offense touches, can LG make enough stops is another question. I do see a close game however no way I would bet against JK and the Leps at home, Leps 35-28.

Dang Hook, that was one fine piece of analysis and writin there. I'll recant my previous statement about you. One things about J. Vance, we never kick it deep to the opposing teams speed guy. LG might want to put Mr. Dobbins in a rotating position cause as soon as they see where he is, the ball is a gonna go the other way. We maybe old school but we aint stupid.

Pudlugger
08-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Dang Hook, that was one fine piece of analysis and writin there. I'll recant my previous statement about you. One things about J. Vance, we never kick it deep to the opposing teams speed guy. LG might want to put Mr. Dobbins in a rotating position cause as soon as they see where he is, the ball is a gonna go the other way. We maybe old school but we aint stupid.

Yes, LG is pretty much used to that after four seasons with Brylan Hutchison deep to receive. Probably find Ramirez and Johnson deep and JK and Janda up on the 30. Anyway you look at it someone with speed will get the touch on the KO.

hookandladder
08-27-2015, 11:18 AM

Yes Coach Vance is one smart cookie, you do not win State Championships to often without solid coaching. Dobbins will get his touches no matter what, bottom line can LH slow him down because you are not going to stop him. I am wondering if our D can slow down LH O, either way I see a great game. I will be sucking down some Nattys at POC after catching my limit of reds and trout, Thank God for internet radio. LOL.

panfan
08-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Yes, LG is pretty much used to that after four seasons with Brylan Hutchison deep to receive. Probably find Ramirez and Johnson deep and JK and Janda up on the 30. Anyway you look at it someone with speed will get the touch on the KO.

Its kinds like those few years we had Boatright. Dang kid was a D1 track star who returned kicks an saw some time as a tailback on offense. One year he returned about 10 or so kickoffs. Only person I ever saw catch him from behind was Rick Seals-jones in a scrimmage. Might see a whole night of pooch licks from LH. Better to give it up on the front end than the back end.

panfan
08-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Yes Coach Vance is one smart cookie, you do not win State Championships to often without solid coaching. Dobbins will get his touches no matter what, bottom line can LH slow him down because you are not going to stop him. I am wondering if our D can slow down LH O, either way I see a great game. I will be sucking down some Nattys at POC after catching my limit of reds and trout, Thank God for internet radio. LOL.
I'll be listening from the road as well. Looking to the DL for updates too.

hookandladder
08-27-2015, 01:07 PM
I'll be listening from the road as well. Looking to the DL for updates too.

Listen to KBUK on the Internet ( TuneIn Radio App) out of La Grange for live radio broadcast, announcers are great and they give you great play by play by Gary Dusek

1st and goal
08-27-2015, 03:32 PM
I will be sucking down some Nattys at POC after catching my limit of reds and trout, Thank God for internet radio. LOL.

You mean skipjacks and hardheads? I do agree on one thing. Thank God for all of his blessings. That is all.

1st and goal
08-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Listen to KBUK on the Internet ( TuneIn Radio App) out of La Grange for live radio broadcast, announcers are great and they give you great play by play by Gary Dusek

Yep, KBUK announcers are really good. 3 orders of magnitude less homers than LH guys (or at least the guys they used to have). No offense, I'm a homer too and I couldn't do play by play unless I had no skin in the game.

hookandladder
08-27-2015, 07:45 PM
You mean skipjacks and hardheads? I do agree on one thing. Thank God for all of his blessings. That is all.

Any time Little bit.

lhhsfan
08-27-2015, 09:26 PM
The freshman looked pretty good "winning the scrimmage" against El Campo. I expect they will have a great winning season as they gain experience early on. The JV is playing lights out and could go undefeated if they continue to improve.
LH wins tonight both Fresh and JV

Liberty Hill by a td

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pudlugger
08-27-2015, 09:49 PM
LH wins tonight both Fresh and JV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That says a lot about how good LH is. The JV and Frosh have their work cut out for them now to right the ship.

LHPfactory
08-27-2015, 10:24 PM
LH Freshmen won 38-0.
LaGrange Freshmen looked big and fast, but this LH 2019 bunch are physical and good.

LH JV took the win 14-6.

Leopardfan201
08-28-2015, 12:01 AM
It's Gameday finally...Go Leps

hookandladder
08-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Not making excuses however I personally put very little stock in what JH and sub varsity teams do as far as winning, it's all about them just learning how to play the game the right way and not just about winning games. That is pretty much the way it is in little league, teams and players at that age change so much by the time you get to Varsity. More about developing players at that age then winning, LG sub varsity teams normally are not winning however kids are learning to play the right way, not a fan of pee wee football either. Just my 2 cents.

LHPfactory
08-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Not making excuses however I personally put very little stock in what JH and sub varsity teams do as far as winning, it's all about them just learning how to play the game the right way and not just about winning games. That is pretty much the way it is in little league, teams and players at that age change so much by the time you get to Varsity. More about developing players at that age then winning, LG sub varsity teams normally are not winning however kids are learning to play the right way, not a fan of pee wee football either. Just my 2 cents.

In LH we teach kids to play the game from early on, we also want winning to be a habit. Our boys work very hard from the Youth fields all the way up to Friday nights.

As far as change goes, if our front keeps growing, we will be great up front all the way through Friday nights.

This is our O-Line on the Freshmen Team:

Strong End = 6'3" - 220lbs
Strong Tackle = 6'2" - 280lbs
Strong Guard = 5'10" - 245lbs (as fast as running backs)
Center = 6'1" - 242lbs
Quick Guard = 5'11" - 180lbs
Quick Tackle = 5'11" - 210lbs

Thats about 1,400 lbs of mean meat.

Pudlugger
08-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Game day! This match between two highly ranked teams promises to be an epic battle. La Grange defense will be the key in this game. They need to get three or four stops and the offense will deliver the win. Dobbins will be tugging on the reins tonight after sitting out the scrimmages. Look for Janda connecting with Ramirez on play action and JK on the wildcat around the corners. One or two well placed blocks for him and he's going to take it to the house. I'm wondering how special teams play tonight. Early season miscues penalties and fumbles are always a worry and the team that capitalizes on the others turnovers will win. Good luck and may we have a clean injury free game tonight.

lhhsfan
08-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Game day! This match between two highly ranked teams promises to be an epic battle. La Grange defense will be the key in this game. They need to get three or four stops and the offense will deliver the win. Dobbins will be tugging on the reins tonight after sitting out the scrimmages. Look for Janda connecting with Ramirez on play action and JK on the wildcat around the corners. One or two well placed blocks for him and he's going to take it to the house. I'm wondering how special teams play tonight. Early season miscues penalties and fumbles are always a worry and the team that capitalizes on the others turnovers will win. Good luck and may we have a clean injury free game tonight.

All good points.....the Scrimmages are needed prep but the refs don't really call it all that tight......execution will be key ( Holding, interference ect....) and the special teams will come into play for sure.
Speed kills at this level and LG has a great deal of it......watched Hudl ( I probably watch more film then the kids do :-) with the boys and impressed with the kids moving the ball without JK on the field......QB has decent arm strength and good reads on the lead plays as to whether he keeps.

LH has replaced many of the key defenders from last year with good talent ( Panfans boy is a tough hole to fill ) The offence moved the ball well the last two weeks but its all about real game play. We have a pretty good back as well.......should be a good game.....I have a Jr boy starting on D-line and basically told him it all starts today.....this week will be a big challenge..... as pudlugger states so well probably the game of the week and please dear lord no injuries.......both these teams have a chance to go far this year if they stay heathy and build on each game......less then 7 points either way if both teams keep the mistakes down.

LHPfactory
08-28-2015, 12:12 PM
All good points.....the Scrimmages are needed prep but the refs don't really call it all that tight......execution will be key ( Holding, interference ect....) and the special teams will come into play for sure.
Speed kills at this level and LG has a great deal of it......watched Hudl ( I probably watch more film then the kids do :-) with the boys and impressed with the kids moving the ball without JK on the field......QB has decent arm strength and good reads on the lead plays as to whether he keeps.

LH has replaced many of the key defenders from last year with good talent ( Panfans boy is a tough hole to fill ) The offence moved the ball well the last two weeks but its all about real game play. We have a pretty good back as well.......should be a good game.....I have a Jr boy starting on D-line and basically told him it all starts today.....this week will be a big challenge..... as pudlugger states so well probably the game of the week and please dear lord no injuries.......both these teams have a chance to go far this year if they stay heathy and build on each game......less then 7 points either way if both teams keep the mistakes down.

Great assessment Pud and LHHS. This will be a good one. Cant wait.

Hook or Pud, there used to be a good Mexican Food restaurant in a yellow house in the neighborhood in LG. Is it still there and whats the address ?

Pudlugger
08-28-2015, 12:50 PM

Hook or Pud, there used to be a good Mexican Food restaurant in a yellow house in the neighborhood in LG. Is it still there and whats the address ?

You probably are referring to what is now called Las Fuentes 658 S Jefferson(HWY 77) just a few blocks north of Edlin where you turn left to get to the stadium. Get off HWY 71 at Hwy 77(second LG exit) and proceed south through town past the intersection of HWY 71(Travis) and it is about 6 blocks up on the right. Wish I could join you but I have 3 more days to go on this dang diet LOL. Good food, service and fair prices at this restaurant(it was once La Cabana).

LHPfactory
08-28-2015, 01:00 PM
You probably are referring to what is now called Las Fuentes 658 S Jefferson(HWY 77) just a few blocks north of Edlin where you turn left to get to the stadium. Get off HWY 71 at Hwy 77(second LG exit) and proceed south through town past the intersection of HWY 71(Travis) and it is about 6 blocks up on the right. Wish I could join you but I have 3 more days to go on this dang diet LOL. Good food, service and fair prices at this restaurant(it was once La Cabana).

Yep thats it, we used to stop by there on the way to Houston.

panfan
08-28-2015, 05:23 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing #89s number a lot tonight. Preferably connected with tackles for a loss. Him and # 80 on their game. Tough to block.

panfan
08-28-2015, 05:47 PM

Factory is your boy still playing defense? What number?

Pudlugger
08-28-2015, 10:49 PM
La Grange put on a great show with JK Dobbins unleashed and on a mission. Our defense got the stops when it counted and forced two critical turnovers in the first quarter that our offense capitalized on to go up 14-0 right out of the gate. Dobbins put on a clinic in rushing for over 200 yards proving to the skeptics that he is a top 5 athlete nationally. LH was very effective in executing the slot t offense and ground out three long drives to come within a point of tying it up going into the fourth quarter but Dobbins and the offensive line went to work and put the game out of reach with a sustained drive for a td followed by a 45 yard td run on a crucial 4th and 1 situation midfield. The Panther DT had what looked like a stop at the LOS but Dobbins spun 360 breaking free for the 45 yard td that put the nail in the Panther coffin. Congratulations to this young Lep team and to the Panthers who played with great heart never letting down all the way to the end.

hookandladder
08-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Dobbins just to much for LH, gotta have more athletes on the field to stop him.

Pudlugger
08-29-2015, 06:39 AM
Dobbins just to much for LH, gotta have more athletes on the field to stop him.

Our defense did their part last night especially in the 1st quarter where they forced two tunovers and held the LH offense to one first down in 3 possessions. We lost our 3 year starting MLB Keilers to an ankle injury midway into the 2nd quarter too. Hopefully it is not serious. It was good to see hardin playing with the shoulder taped up. He did a great job against that stout nose guard all night. I credit the Defense with the win holding LH to 20 and getting that key stop in the start of the fourth to set up the offense and Dobbins for the coffin nail drive and td going up 28-20. Clearly this team plays better with Dobbins in judging from our scrimmages but we have plenty of talented players in supporting roles.

I would like to see Janda take more snaps though. I realize we need to get the junior Siptak ready for next year but Janda has the speed and accuracy that keeps the defense off balance on the play action stuff. When Coach went with him in the fourth the offense settled into a great rhythm and executed that long drive eating up the clock and putting the Leps up by 8.

Pudlugger
08-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Well here we go folks, first game poll of the season too. The Panthers return several key starters from a very seasoned DI team and hope to even the score after their opening lose to the Leps in 2014. Meanwhile the Leopards will try to get their game on early against this ranked team and dangerous offense. J.K. Dobbins has been suited up at both scrimmages but hung out with the coaches the entire time not getting any touches and will certainly be pulling on the reins come Friday night. I expect the offense to gain a huge spark with him returning to the gridiron. I see a close game with the Leps squeeking by with a win by a point or two.

Well the Leps did much better than most folks including me expected. 20 picked LH over LG with 15 picking LG over LH. Our defense was outstanding getting the needed stops and getting 2 turnovers right off the bat in the first two LH possesions of the game and holding the Panthers to 20 points. If we can hold our opponents to 3 scores or less we will usually win the game as our offense is going to score big. Of course Dobbins also gets the credit for an outstanding debut to the 2015 season scoring 5 tds and over 200 yards rushing. Wonderful start to the season Leps. On to Columbus now.

WOS1
08-29-2015, 10:36 AM
So, Dobbins scored all the LG TD's?

Gontex
08-29-2015, 10:42 AM
So, Dobbins scored all the LG TD's?
Congratulations on the win, Leps. Hope Dobbins has a great year and doesn't get hurt. Would love to see him wearing burnt orange next year.

WOS1
08-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Would love to see him wearing burnt orange next year.

Agreed

Pudlugger
08-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Congratulations on the win, Leps. Hope Dobbins has a great year and doesn't get hurt. Would love to see him wearing burnt orange next year.

Thanks Gontex but next year Dobbins will be wearing Purple and Gold as he's a junior. Yes WOS1 he scored all 5 tds. It was an incredible tour de force from JK.

Pudlugger
08-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Crickets from the Liberty Hill faithful now. They had a good crowd show up last night to support their team. Long drive home I guess and even longer when you lose. The game was played real clean and the Panthers showed plenty of class not giving up after getting down 14 points in the first 4 minutes of the game to almost tie it up 21-20 in the third.

zebrablue2
08-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Great to have you back pud (reports). Only hear from you about 4 months a year, but they are good reports..

LHPfactory
08-30-2015, 12:24 AM
Crickets from the Liberty Hill faithful now. They had a good crowd show up last night to support their team. Long drive home I guess and even longer when you lose. The game was played real clean and the Panthers showed plenty of class not giving up after getting down 14 points in the first 4 minutes of the game to almost tie it up 21-20 in the third.

We have lost the opener for about 7 years now, and are always fine. We will be a different team in a few weeks. Discipline and Consistency are what we live or die by, especially when playing good teams like LG. Neither of these things have solidified yet. Also, none of our kids go both ways, so we really rely on developing our players.

LHPfactory
08-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Factory is your boy still playing defense? What number?

Yes, #17, but he had a hip flexor bugging him, Lucky for Dobbins, lol.

He does close like lightning though, he should be ready for Brenham.

Leopardfan201
08-30-2015, 12:43 AM
I dnt see LH losing again this season just my opinion

Pudlugger
08-30-2015, 06:24 AM
We have lost the opener for about 7 years now, and are always fine. We will be a different team in a few weeks. Discipline and Consistency are what we live or die by, especially when playing good teams like LG. Neither of these things have solidified yet. Also, none of our kids go both ways, so we really rely on developing our players.

LH will have another winning season and will advance deep in the playoffs. Every team has difficulty with timing and execution in the first game or two. In this case both teams had to play ranked teams out of the gate. LG has some special talent this year and came out on top. Good luck the rest of the way.

Leopardfan201
08-30-2015, 06:36 AM
And the scary thing is that..LG returns thr whole offense and defense next year..I think like 8/8

Gontex
08-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Thanks Gontex but next year Dobbins will be wearing Purple and Gold as he's a junior. Yes WOS1 he scored all 5 tds. It was an incredible tour de force from JK.

He has been there forever seems like. I remember him playing a couple of years back when the Leps and Apaches met in the Regional championship game in Bastrop. Boy was it ever cold that night.

Pudlugger
08-30-2015, 08:17 AM
He has been there forever seems like. I remember him playing a couple of years back when the Leps and Apaches met in the Regional championship game in Bastrop. Boy was it ever cold that night.

Yes it was really cold and damp that night. Both teams were held back by the chill and it turned into a defensive struggle 20-7 IIRC.

Dobbins has been a starter since his freshman year in 2013. He was small then about 5'5" 150lbs. Now he's 5'10" 190lbs and still growing LOL. I agree with Leopardfan LG will be even better next year when these young men are seniors. Right now they are looking pretty salty and should make some noise in the playoffs. Next big test will be La Vernia but Columbus will not roll over especially their D which is always good with Rusty Cauthren coaching.

Pudlugger
08-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Great to have you back pud (reports). Only hear from you about 4 months a year, but they are good reports..

Thanks zebra I'm excited to be back and look forward to another great season for LG. With some luck the Brahmas and Leps coud meet up in the third round of the playoffs this year. Last year I was hoping that would happen but Hardin Jefferson won their game against Bellville and played us instead. A classic Bellville La Grange game in the playoffs would be epic. I can't remember the last time that occurred.

greendawg84
08-31-2015, 08:55 AM
I dnt see LH losing again this season just my opinion

Maybe to AW but that is the only team that has a chance . I cant remember if they won or lost to AW last year ...... getting old I guess

speedbump
08-31-2015, 09:04 AM
Maybe to AW but that is the only team that has a chance . I cant remember if they won or lost to AW last year ...... getting old I guess

Brenham doesn't have a chance???? LOL

LHPfactory
08-31-2015, 11:46 AM

We lost by a TD, on a trick play to AW last year.

Brenham had 4 Coaches in our stands taking notes in LG, they will be ready to play.

panfan
08-31-2015, 12:20 PM

Brenham had 4 Coaches in our stands taking notes in LG, they will be ready to play.

Didn't see the La Grange game but listened to it on the internet. Sounds like we mounted some decent drives, but turnovers killed us (dejavu to last year?). When O line did their job and offense was clicking, mounted productive drives. Offense Inconsistency will come around with more time and be more consistent. Defense caught off gaurd a few times by Mr. Dobbins elusiveness (that is why he is such a great player and highly ranked). Will have to secure the tackles on good backs like him or will be a long night.

Far as Brenham goes, I think we went score for score with them last year and won cause they ultimately missed an extra point. They didn't know how to defend our style of offense. Bet that won't be the case this time so we better make sure O - mounts the kind of sustained drives that are needed to keep explosive offense like Brenham off the field. Also, if we consistently see defenses stack 8 or nine in the box, then we have got to mix it up a bit, OR the o-line has to consistently get the 2-3 yard push on every down.

panfan
08-31-2015, 12:22 PM

And turnovers, ours. Minimize those and we can be competitive.

hookandladder
08-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Didn't see the La Grange game but listened to it on the internet. Sounds like we mounted some decent drives, but turnovers killed us (dejavu to last year?). When O line did their job and offense was clicking, mounted productive drives. Offense Inconsistency will come around with more time and be more consistent. Defense caught off gaurd a few times by Mr. Dobbins elusiveness (that is why he is such a great player and highly ranked). Will have to secure the tackles on good backs like him or will be a long night.

Far as Brenham goes, I think we went score for score with them last year and won cause they ultimately missed an extra point. They didn't know how to defend our style of offense. Bet that won't be the case this time so we better make sure O - mounts the kind of sustained drives that are needed to keep explosive offense like Brenham off the field. Also, if we consistently see defenses stack 8 or nine in the box, then we have got to mix it up a bit, OR the o-line has to consistently get the 2-3 yard push on every down.

LH has another solid team this year with great coaching, if you are going to stack the LOS against LG you will also need athletes comparable to WOS did last year. Dobbins is not only fast but also as strong and elusive back as you will ever see at the High School level. A break the other way and LH could have pulled the upset, LG will go as far as Mr. Dobbins takes them again pretty much the same as last year. To beat LG you have to stop him, easier said then done.

slingshot
08-31-2015, 02:36 PM
And turnovers, ours. Minimize those and we can be competitive.
I must have watched a different game than you guys did last year... Wylie manhandled LH. Score was much closer than the game on the field. That was then though... could be very different this year. Our D is overall down a notch--losing 5 college recruits (including 2 DI) on that side of the ball will do that.

panfan
09-01-2015, 09:32 AM
I must have watched a different game than you guys did last year... Wylie manhandled LH. Score was much closer than the game on the field. That was then though... could be very different this year. Our D is overall down a notch--losing 5 college recruits (including 2 DI) on that side of the ball will do that.

obviously you did- AW controlled the first quarter, after that it evened out, by the end of the 3rd quarter it was 21-19 and we were driving the ball into AW territory. During that game, I think we had 3 turnovers, the last one was the nail in the coffin as AW ran a hook and ladder play, scored and that was all she wrote.

panfan
09-01-2015, 09:38 AM

Tried to edit but waited too long - Sling you are absolutely correct - last year was just that and doesn't matter anymore. Only matters what each team puts on the field this year. We'll see ya'll in a couple of weeks, right now we have got to get ready for Brenham speed.