PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Move In's?

oldtownag
08-20-2015, 08:37 AM
I heard thru the grapevine (unreliable at best) that Gilmer has had 8 move in's this summer. Any truth to these rumors?

lostaussie
08-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Not that I know of. But if its true, I hope they are good ones!!

Macarthur
08-20-2015, 09:28 AM
8 Move ins!? In Gilmer?!

Nothing suspicious about that.

Sweetwater Red
08-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Move ins? Who cares if they have move ins?

Now if it is discovered that they have used under inflated footballs in games then that is a different story! :mad:

Dawgs
08-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Not that I know of. But if its true, I hope they are good ones!!

Nice response!! That's how you deal with that kind of stuff. Embrace it. Carthage has had plenty of move-ins over the last couple of years, maybe just not as high profile as Gilmers.

Don't matter how many move-ins Gilmer has this year, they are getting slapped around week 5. Carthage looks like a small college team this year. We must've had some move-ins cause I don't know where all these kids came from. Maybe I'm crazy, but looking at them in the 1st scrimmage it might be the best looking team we ever had. Or maybe I'm just starved for football and can't see straight.

lostaussie
08-20-2015, 10:15 AM
I heard we tried to get those O-line twins from Mineola, but they thought they had a better chance at a ring where they were:D
On a serious note, has anyone seen those kids. They are freaking huge. I think they are headed to A&M if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Aesculus gilmus
08-20-2015, 11:01 AM
I saw every Gilmer player a few weeks ago at Media Day. It seemed to me to be largely the same underclassmen who were on the varsity last year along with all the JV.

The O-line has some big guys on it, but they look familiar to me. A couple of them started last year.

Maybe they haven't moved yet and will suddenly appear on the first day of school, though.

lostaussie
08-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Made a few calls this morning and found out some info
Got a 1st chair junior trombone player
A senior who could potentially be the next FFA state president
And a sophmore cheerleader who is destined for Dallas Cowboy Cheerleading greatness

d0tc0m
08-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Made a few calls this morning and found out some info
Got a 1st chair junior trombone player
A senior who could potentially be the next FFA state president
And a sophmore cheerleader who is destined for Dallas Cowboy Cheerleading greatness

And the UIL is ok with all of this?

lostaussie
08-20-2015, 01:17 PM
And the UIL is ok with all of this?

Of course. They always turn a blind eye to our recruitment process.

waterboy
08-20-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm hoping we get that kid from Many, LA. He is a sophomore kid who's already standing 6'4", weighing in at a hefty 275, and runs a 4.7 40 ... There's another kid who we have recruiting from the Dallas area. He is also a sophomore, 6'3", 205, 4.5 40 ..., and would be a great WR and DB. Another junior kid we might get is from Longview, stands 6'0", weighs 185, and runs a legit 4.4 , I hope his mother takes the offer! There are about 6 others who have all the skills we need to be successful, but the offers haven't been good enough so far. Any and all of this may, may not happen, though...:1popcorn:

oldtownag
08-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Bucky Bob are you out there? How much of your retirement have you contributed to the Gilmer recruitment fund?

waterboy
08-20-2015, 05:01 PM
He's been tight on his contributions this year, as have a few others..., so we might be lucky to have a winning season. Go easy on us, oldtownag!

bobcat1
08-20-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm hoping we get that kid from Many, LA. He is a sophomore kid who's already standing 6'4", weighing in at a hefty 275, and runs a 4.7 40 ... There's another kid who we have recruiting from the Dallas area. He is also a sophomore, 6'3", 205, 4.5 40 ..., and would be a great WR and DB. Another junior kid we might get is from Longview, stands 6'0", weighs 185, and runs a legit 4.4 , I hope his mother takes the offer! There are about 6 others who have all the skills we need to be successful, but the offers haven't been good enough so far. Any and all of this may, may not happen, though...:1popcorn:
All have committed to Celina. Sorry. It's all about the Benjamins.

Dawgs
08-20-2015, 06:57 PM

It would take all those kids to beat the Dawgs this year!! A beat down is waiting on the Buckeyes in Longview week 5. All those who have been beaten up and picked on by the Mighty Buckeyes in the past, come on out and you can watch the bully get bullied!!

hollywood
08-20-2015, 08:45 PM
It would take all those kids to beat the Dawgs this year!! A beat down is waiting on the Buckeyes in Longview week 5. All those who have been beaten up and picked on by the Mighty Buckeyes in the past, come on out and you can watch the bully get bullied!!

:1popcorn:

lostaussie
08-21-2015, 07:00 AM

It's a ways off. We are not shaking yet or do I think we will be anytime soon. ��

waterboy
08-21-2015, 09:35 AM

You better do it this year while you have the advantage, 'cause that advantage ain't gonna last! Y'all should be favored this year. Sour grapes from the butt whooping y'all got last year I see...:blush::stirpot::D

Dawgs
08-21-2015, 10:10 AM
You better do it this year while you have the advantage, 'cause that advantage ain't gonna last! Y'all should be favored this year. Sour grapes from the butt whooping y'all got last year I see...:blush::stirpot::D
Like good ol Cowboyforchrist says "the Dawgs are the real deal this year!!"...the pups should have the advantage in this series next couple of years. We need to get out to a comfortable lead in the series. I hope we keep scheduling after this year!! Nothing better than the 2 best to do it from East Texas getting together in Longview every year. If the D2 numbers move up enough I guess we could possible be back in the same division. I think we turned in 723 last year. Random comment, I am honestly beginning to think the split division in old 3a is terrible. I understand it helps some schools be more competitive, but it hurts competition in the division badly. It's pretty water downed now.

Dawgs
08-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Sour grapes from the butt whooping y'all got last year I see...:blush::stirpot::D

Thats the worse we been beat in a long time. You dang right there is still sour grapes! Y'all will know the feeling in about 5 weeks.

waterboy
08-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Thats the worse we been beat in a long time. You dang right there is still sour grapes! Y'all will know the feeling in about 5 weeks.

I certainly hope not! Maybe we can keep it respectable... I don't like sour grapes!:weeping::(:kiss:

bearbear78
08-21-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure but we could have had one move in.....from bryson, population 26....lol

buckeyebob
08-22-2015, 10:34 AM
I heard thru the grapevine (unreliable at best) that Gilmer has had 8 move in's this summer. Any truth to these rumors?

That was the June number...we were expecting more...the July number is above expectations...since the rumor got out that we will named State Champ in both Div I & Div II, August numbers are amazing

buckeyebob
08-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Bucky Bob are you out there? How much of your retirement have you contributed to the Gilmer recruitment fund?

Good to see you are still with us for another year...I have been very busy & on the road in full recruiting mode...Jeff's move to The University has been a great help in our efforts to putting the squad together this year...as usual, the Bux will totally dominate Div II this year as usual with Total Domination of Di I in our preseason, starting next Thursday with Liberty Eylau...look forward to an Eye to Eye with ya

Gen.Pat
08-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Move ins????? Every one just about has move ins or move outs. Glad Gilmer got some Hope we have some too.