hollywood
08-16-2015, 11:51 PM
Granbury at Stephenville
Annual hamburger supper fundraiser

toddg
08-17-2015, 05:49 AM
Granbury at Stephenville
Annual hamburger supper fundraiser
This will be the first year in missed this one since 2012!

YTBulldogs
08-17-2015, 07:54 AM
Refugio, Sam Houston and Yoakum @ Yoakum 5PM Friday.

GobblersUnite
08-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Cuero hosts Victoria West Friday at 7pm.

Tink4392
08-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Iowa Park @ Graham on Thursday

chaingang
08-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Wharton at Columbia, 7 p.m. Thursday
Bellville at Needville, 7 p.m. Thursday
Columbus at Gonzales, 7 p.m. Thursday

Waller at El Campo, 7 p.m. Friday
Victoria East at Bay City 7 p.m. Friday
Victoria West at Cuero, 7 p.m. Friday

Good deal. Ive been wanting to see Wharton. Ill be there Thursday.

chaingang
08-17-2015, 10:27 AM
West Orange-Stark and Bridge City at Vidor Thurs. 7pm.

Bridge City will be involved now for a little 3 way action. lol. I was told BC didnt have an opponent so both coaches at WOS and Vidor invited them. Orange County teams stick together. Gives WOS a great opportunity to see the same or similar offenses of the Slot T/ Wing T from 2 different teams. Win win for everyone.

buckeyebob
08-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Buckeyes @ Bull Pups

Thursday 8/21 Kilgore There Varsity 7:30 9th & JV probably 6:00

Reschedules to Friday...I am sure Liberty Eylau had something to do with it

Rocket Man
08-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Rockets at Rockdale Thursday evening; I do not know the start time

HEMOTOXIC
08-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Navasota at Tomball

Tomball Memorial

Yoe_09
08-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Madisonville Vs. Cameron Yoe - 8/20

Aguilafanatico
08-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Argyle @ Cleburne Friday night.

toddg
08-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Liberty Hill @ Alvarado 6:30ish a lot of purple, a lot of running, a lot of hitting..

hollywood
08-20-2015, 03:08 PM
a lot of purple, a lot of running, a lot of hitting..

Yep, yep, and YEP!

:wave:

cowboyandchrist
08-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Yep, yep, and YEP!

:wave:

Hollywood, The Carthage Dawgs were outstanding against Pitt last week and were even better against Whitehouse last night. Strong defense, monster O line, finally receivers catching the ball, stable of running backs with size and speed. The senior QB has a cannon. We have not looked this good this early since 2008. If they can stay injury free, the Dawgs will be very special this year. How are the Jackets looking through two scrimmages.

Dawgs
08-22-2015, 08:51 AM
Hollywood, The Carthage Dawgs were outstanding against Pitt last week and were even better against Whitehouse last night. Strong defense, monster O line, finally receivers catching the ball, stable of running backs with size and speed. The senior QB has a cannon. We have not looked this good this early since 2008. If they can stay injury free, the Dawgs will be very special this year. How are the Jackets looking through two scrimmages.

Defense needs work. Only a scrimmage, but the only time Whitehouse was stopped is when they stopped themselves or threw an interception. Dawgs look good, really good but there is plenty of room for improvement. We will have a good idea about the Dawgs by the time district comes around. I think the base is there for a special team. Let's see how they respond when we drop a couple of games early. I don't see us getting to district play without at least 2 losses. But I will agree we look good. I don't remember a team looking this good in pads. Maybe the best looking team we have ever fielded. Now that needs to translate to on the field success. The scary/good thing about this team is it's mostly juniors and sophomores again. The sophomore class might be the best class we have ever had come thru, and that's saying a lot! Time will tell. We might have another 08-10 run on our hands.

Btw we looked good early in 2013 and 2014. 2014 was loaded with senior 3 year starters. That was the best we ever looked start to finish.

cowboyandchrist
08-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Defense needs work. Only a scrimmage, but the only time Whitehouse was stopped is when they stopped themselves or threw an interception. Dawgs look good, really good but there is plenty of room for improvement. We will have a good idea about the Dawgs by the time district comes around. I think the base is there for a special team. Let's see how they respond when we drop a couple of games early. I don't see us getting to district play without at least 2 losses. But I will agree we look good. I don't remember a team looking this good in pads. Maybe the best looking team we have ever fielded. Now that needs to translate to on the field success. The scary/good thing about this team is it's mostly juniors and sophomores again. The sophomore class might be the best class we have ever had come thru, and that's saying a lot! Time will tell. We might have another 08-10 run on our hands.

Btw we looked good early in 2013 and 2014. 2014 was loaded with senior 3 year starters. That was the best we ever looked start to finish.

Your view was better than mine, I guess I was excited because I don't remember seeing this many good players on the field at the same time since 2008. You are right about the 2014 team, but we expected them to be good and we expected them to win it all. I just don't remember them being as big and strong as these young men look or at least as many as they have this year. My gosh they are big. Thanks for helping me out, I do get excited when the Dawgs take the field. I just have a feeling this Dawg team will be amazing by the time district rolls around.
Keep me grounded Dawgs. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

Dawgs
08-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Your view was better than mine, I guess I was excited because I don't remember seeing this many good players on the field at the same time since 2008. You are right about the 2014 team, but we expected them to be good and we expected them to win it all. I just don't remember them being as big and strong as these young men look or at least as many as they have this year. My gosh they are big. Thanks for helping me out, I do get excited when the Dawgs take the field. I just have a feeling this Dawg team will be amazing by the time district rolls around.
Keep me grounded Dawgs. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

My man C&C, if it was a competition on "looks" we would beat anybody in the state in either 4a division. But it's football. I'm trying to not get to excited on the way we "look". People are going to be very surprised when they see us in person. We have a good test this week in Hallsville. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat us. You do what you want, but I'm going to wait till I jump in head first. Still a little hesitant from last season.

oldtownag
08-22-2015, 06:40 PM
My man C&C, if it was a competition on "looks" we would beat anybody in the state in either 4a division. But it's football. I'm trying to not get to excited on the way we "look". People are going to be very surprised when they see us in person. We have a good test this week in Hallsville. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat us. You do what you want, but I'm going to wait till I jump in head first. Still a little hesitant from last season.

Did they get rid of all the midget wide receivers that couldn't catch from last years team?

Dawgs
08-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Did they get rid of all the midget wide receivers that couldn't catch from last years team?

Yes, looks like a totally different team. A lot of kids have definitely hit growing spurts and been in the weight room heavy. Plus we got a kid back that didn't play last year. He played TE on the last state team as a Sophomore. He is 6'4 225. He is playing WR now, and I saw him leave 2 WH DBs in his dust last night. Kid is very impressive. Plus we have Townsend and Jackson returning from last year. McLin at TE. He is 6'4 220. 2 or 3 other really good looking kids that will be playing WR that are sophomores. Passing game is going to be deadly. We need to work on our running game right now. Got some really good looking backs and lineman, but they need to gel in the run game. Passing attack is way ahead of the run game at this point. Let's see how we look against Hallsville. They are twice our size enrollment wise, and return a good number of players back from a team that throttled us last year.

hollywood
08-22-2015, 08:09 PM

It's always exciting in the beginning! If only looks could kill. Lol I seriously see Carthage making a deep run this season if not battling for the SC. I may try to make the Carthage/Gilmer showdown in L-town in a few weeks. Setting up to be an epic game like the Gilmer/Kilgore game I witnessed a couple of years ago.

cowboyandchrist
08-23-2015, 10:05 AM
It's always exciting in the beginning! If only looks could kill. Lol I seriously see Carthage making a deep run this season if not battling for the SC. I may try to make the Carthage/Gilmer showdown in L-town in a few weeks. Setting up to be an epic game like the Gilmer/Kilgore game I witnessed a couple of years ago.

Hollywood the Gilmer Buckeyes are a wait and see this year. Over on Smoaky, it didn't sound like Gilmer was the same Gilmer as the past ten years. I think we will know after the LE and Gilmer game. If LE blows out Gilmer it could be a three or four loss year for the Buckeyes. The Dawgs are stacked and it depends on which Tatum team shows up, Gilmer could start district 2 and 3. They will blow through the district they are in and that will give them time to get ready for the playoffs. I still say they go deep in the DII playoffs.
I hope you can make the Carthage/Gilmer game. let us know which side you are going to sit on and maybe a meet and greet. Dawgs has brought me back down to reality and I agree with him. We have to wait and see how the Dawgs handle a close game or even God forbid a loss. I got carried away with the size and speed of this Dawgs team. They handled a darn good Pitt team that gave Chapel Hill all they wanted with ease. Whitehouse turned the ball over and through my rose colored glasses I chalked it up to my Dawg D. I firmly believe this Dawg team is for real, but it is only two scrimmages. The Dawgs will get tested Friday night. Hallsville brings back 15 or 16 from last years team that took us to the wood shed last year. The Dawgs don't look anywhere close to last years team. They are way bigger, stronger, and faster. Two players that did not play last year will be all state this year with speed to burn and are frisbee catching Dawgs. I would still like to see a Ville and Dawg game for the state championship. Maybe some day it will happen. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

lostaussie
08-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Hollywood the Gilmer Buckeyes are a wait and see this year. Over on Smoaky, it didn't sound like Gilmer was the same Gilmer as the past ten years. I think we will know after the LE and Gilmer game. If LE blows out Gilmer it could be a three or four loss year for the Buckeyes. lol.........smarted cracker in the box, ain't you.