08-13-2015, 10:44 PM
Post your scrimmage reports here.

WOS87
08-14-2015, 07:53 PM
WOS apparently demolishing 5A Nederland from what I'm hearing

27-7 WOS

lv2937
08-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Burnet made Llano look like a peewee team. Going to be a long year for the yellow jackets

WOS87
08-14-2015, 10:51 PM
WOS and QB Jack Dallas looked great. Hung 39 on Nederland in a mock 4Q game. Looks like the offense is better than expected. Defense not quite as expected but Ned is twice our size.

Sweetwater Red
08-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Sweetwater outscores San Angelo Lakeview tonight 10 TDs to 1 in their first scrimmage of the year.

7 of the Mustangs TDs were of 60 yards or more.

Yoe_09
08-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Cameron Yoe Vs. Lorena

Overall: 4-2 Yoe
1st Team: 4-1 Yoe
2nd Team: 1-0 Lorena

Overall, not a bad first scrimmage between two teams that are well coaches. Cameron had quite few penalties and dropped passes that halted drives, but these are most certainly correctable. Lorena always puts a solid product on the field, and that will the same the case here in 2015.

d0tc0m
08-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Hasn't been much activity from my fellow Bobcats, but I'm curious if anyone was at the Celina/Princeton scrimmage, and how the Bobcats looked.

bird_fan
08-15-2015, 10:00 AM
I havent heard much but I know the Ricebird had 2 TD to 0 for La Grange so both team should be strong on both sides of the ball.

LHdog
08-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Burnet is great at the skill positions but has very little size in the lines. Their DL looked really small. We will see if they can avoid being pushed around.

Yoe_09
08-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Lago Vista 1 Smithville 1
Giddings 5 Rockdale 1

Yoe_09
08-15-2015, 02:18 PM
Teague 6 Robinson 0

bd62
08-15-2015, 03:31 PM
If I counted right Bellville 5TD Yoakum 3 TD.
Bellville has a very quick defense that contain Yoakum speed most of game.
Bellville looked very good on offense for first scrimmage. Very balanced attack. Passing game looked lots better than last yr. scrimmage.
Yoakum needs lots of work on line but that's why you play good people to found what your weakness are. Yoakum is loaded at the skill position and when line play improves they be ok . Bellville will be a force to contend with in R-3.

Scoop27
08-15-2015, 04:13 PM
East Bernard 4 TDs, Needville 1

Roughneck93
08-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Willowridge 2 Columbia 0

LEFAN80
08-15-2015, 04:45 PM
LE 28 5a Sulpher Springs 21 live half

Starters were pulled after 21 point lead
Second string turnover the ball twice and they took advantage overall good scrimmage

Sville
08-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Liberty Hill vs Sville today, LH won the overall scrimmage 2 scores to 1. LH reached the endzone once in the controlled situational portion of the scrim and shutout Sville. The teams tied 1 to 1 in the redzone portion of the scrim.

hollywood
08-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Liberty Hill vs Sville today, LH won the overall scrimmage 2 scores to 1. LH reached the endzone once in the controlled situational portion of the scrim and shutout Sville. The teams tied 1 to 1 in the redzone portion of the scrim.

Sounds right on par. Thanks for the update!

bwdlionfan
08-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Brownwood and Marble Falls tied 1 TD each:

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/sports/brownwood/football/article_88952af6-0c6b-5db8-bf32-778fcd67ed6a.html

Rocket Man
08-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Teague 6 Robinson 0

Wake up call; I hope someone answers.

Pudlugger
08-15-2015, 06:44 PM
I havent heard much but I know the Ricebird had 2 TD to 0 for La Grange so both team should be strong on both sides of the ball.

The Ricebirds looked impressive with plenty of size on the line and big hard running backs. Our defense was clearly the bright spot for LG and when our young line gets on track the Leps will be OK. We did lose our only starter on the O line in the first series of the scrimmage with a dislocated shoulder. He is a three year starter at center and much needed to anchor a young line. Hopefully he will be back by game 4 or 5. Coach K ran pretty much a plain vanilla offense and held Dobbins out the entire scrimmage. Until our O line improves that was a wise decision. Besides scrimmages are to find out how good the new talent is and not to showcase the players who have already established their territory. Janda looked quick and poised at QB and a new junior up from last year's JV also impressed me. Garza on defense at MLB was a force to be reckoned with owning the midway while Ramirez at WR and TE was outstanding in receiving and blocking down field(a very important and often overlooked quality in the receiver positions). EC played their big fella Dove in the first two series and he was very strong and impressive. He presents a big profile and is a load to tackle. I expect he will be highly recruited this year. EC will win their district and go deep in 4a DI again this year. They looked very disciplined and well coached.

Our Frosh and JVs did outstanding "winning" in their respective scrimmages. LG will need to improve in their O line especially getting off the ball getting to the linebackers and driving back the defense at the LOS. Until then the Leps will need to use their speed and get their play action passing game on. They have the weapons for that.

toddg
08-15-2015, 07:04 PM
the Indians looked OK today against a below avg 5a team..defense looks solid up front, even with the best D player out today, backers were aggressive and flowed to the ball well...still getting bit in the butt with big plays at times, but, thats why we scrimmage! offensively..backfield is as good as 2012 team with better speed..receivers looked quick on their routes, good hands too..TEs need work. OL looked good at times, and sloppy at times..they need to get more reactionary at what the D is doing, especially at the POA, NEED TO GET TO LBs quicker! blocking air gets you nowhere! if you're in position to blow em up you blow em up!

bird_fan
08-15-2015, 07:07 PM
The Ricebirds looked impressive with plenty of size on the line and big hard running backs. Our defense was clearly the bright spot for LG and when our young line gets on track the Leps will be OK. We did lose our only starter on the O line in the first series of the scrimmage with a dislocated shoulder. He is a three year starter at center and much needed to anchor a young line. Hopefully he will be back by game 4 or 5. Coach K ran pretty much a plain vanilla offense and held Dobbins out the entire scrimmage. Until our O line improves that was a wise decision. Besides scrimmages are to find out how good the new talent is and not to showcase the players who have already established their territory. Janda looked quick and poised at QB and a new junior up from last year's JV also impressed me. Garza on defense at MLB was a force to be reckoned with owning the midway while Ramirez at WR and TE was outstanding in receiving and blocking down field(a very important and often overlooked quality in the receiver positions). EC played their big fella Dove in the first two series and he was very strong and impressive. He presents a big profile and is a load to tackle. I expect he will be highly recruited this year. EC will win their district and go deep in 4a DI again this year. They looked very disciplined and well coached.

Our Frosh and JVs did outstanding "winning" in their respective scrimmages. LG will need to improve in their O line especially getting off the ball getting to the linebackers and driving back the defense at the LOS. Until then the Leps will need to use their speed and get their play action passing game on. They have the weapons for that.

thanks for filling me in..I expect a a deep run from the Leps too.. My iggest Question about the Bird is how much will change under coach Condra. It the first timin a whilewe not coach by Bob Gillis

speedbump
08-15-2015, 08:09 PM
My iggest Question about the Bird is how much will change under coach Condra. It the first timin a whilewe not coach by Bob Gillis

I doubt w will see much of a change at the varsity level this year unless Condra decides to throw more. Any change will probably be very gradual though. I heard the practices look different with Condra running the show but there is more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

Bull's-eye
08-15-2015, 10:10 PM
If I counted right Bellville 5TD Yoakum 3 TD.
Bellville has a very quick defense that contain Yoakum speed most of game.
Bellville looked very good on offense for first scrimmage. Very balanced attack. Passing game looked lots better than last yr. scrimmage.
Yoakum needs lots of work on line but that's why you play good people to found what your weakness are. Yoakum is loaded at the skill position and when line play improves they be ok . Bellville will be a force to contend with in R-3.

I was really impressed with Bellville's first team defense, they didn't allow a single score. The front 7 looks very good, finally glad to see some bigger DT's. Secondary has a couple new starters, not sure how they would do against a primary passing offense. I have to disagree about the Bellville offense, especially the passing game. Too many false starts, several bad exchanges from the center and countless dropped balls by the receivers. Still waiting on this team to develop a short to medium passing attack, instead of always going for the low percentage home run type plays. Offensive line did a good job of run blocking, but pass blocking wasn't so good.

bd62
08-15-2015, 10:24 PM
I was really impressed with Bellville's first team defense, they didn't allow a single score. The front 7 looks very good, finally glad to see some bigger DT's. Secondary has a couple new starters, not sure how they would do against a primary passing offense. I have to disagree about the Bellville offense, especially the passing game. Too many false starts, several bad exchanges from the center and countless dropped balls by the receivers. Still waiting on this team to develop a short to medium passing attack, instead of always going for the low percentage home run plays. Offensive line did a good job of run blocking, but pass blocking wasn't so good.

Remember it both teams first scrimmage . Both teams will improve a lot before next Friday. Bellville and Yoakum will be just fine before season opener. Both have plenty of weapons just have to work the kinks out

bd62
08-15-2015, 11:05 PM
Cuero 3TD Lockhart 1TD. Cuero defense is very quick to ball. Very impressive defensive Line. Very fast to ball and give QB no time to pass.
Very Quick QB on run and did ok passing but will get better as he gains experience. Very fast and hard running TB . Freshman WR looks good and on reverse showed outstanding speed for about a 50 yd run. Very good offensive line. Should be a exciting yr. in Goobler Land.

HEMOTOXIC
08-15-2015, 11:18 PM
From a source, Navasota 40-Waller 0. Three starters, Dickson, Blair, and Jones did not play.

Leopardfan201
08-16-2015, 07:12 AM
thanks for filling me in..I expect a a deep run from the Leps too.. My iggest Question about the Bird is how much will change under coach Condra. It the first timin a whilewe not coach by Bob Gillis

Good scrimmage boy's. ..Dobbins didn't play didn't expect him too..the defense looks better than last year..O line will need to grow up quickly..but they have time bcs we have alot of playmaker s...QB..WR..and jk Dobbins will carry the load until the line comes together

Snotbubbles
08-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Good scrimmage boy's. ..Dobbins didn't play didn't expect him too..the defense looks better than last year..O line will need to grow up quickly..but they have time bcs we have alot of playmaker s...QB..WR..and jk Dobbins will carry the load until the line comes together

Better hope that line gels before your 9/11 game. Bears are loaded and owes a little payback. I've always thought, don't matter who you have running it, you better create lanes (RB) or protection (QB) for them. So, not sure those playmakers can carry anything without the hogs. Weak, slow to develope line can lead to no playmaker, as he get's blasted repeatedly, increasing chances of something bad happening to them. Take it, you never played a skill position Lf201? Part of them skill's come from protection up front. Teams can only go as far as OL takes them. Coach Layne will smell blood, from the leaking water from the holes in that inexperienced line, and attack. Should be a good ball game. Don't be counting them egg's just yet thought. Just the first scrimmage. Especially without a proven line. Those just don't create automatically.

AggiesAreWe
08-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Silsbee 1st team 5 TD
5A Lumberton 1st Team 0 TD

Total was 6-1 Silsbee

LV_Bearfan
08-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Better hope that line gels before your 9/11 game. Bears are loaded and owes a little payback. I've always thought, don't matter who you have running it, you better create lanes (RB) or protection (QB) for them. So, not sure those playmakers can carry anything without the hogs. Weak, slow to develope line can lead to no playmaker, as he get's blasted repeatedly, increasing chances of something bad happening to them. Take it, you never played a skill position Lf201? Part of them skill's come from protection up front. Teams can only go as far as OL takes them. Coach Layne will smell blood, from the leaking water from the holes in that inexperienced line, and attack. Should be a good ball game. Don't be counting them egg's just yet thought. Just the first scrimmage. Especially without a proven line. Those just don't create automatically.

Snot,

Did you go to the bears' scrimmage? Just curious how it went.

Pudlugger
08-16-2015, 11:15 AM

True the O Line is necessary to protect the Qb and Rb and if they can't open holes at the LOS or downfield block even the best rb will not have much success. Injuries are another problem. Job one as I see it now is to get this young group of linemen up to speed before game one. LH will be a huge hurdle for the Leps. I expect a much improved effort next Thursday in Lockhart. On a positive note our O line looks to be in very good physical condition. No chubbiness just very stout and showing good speed. Now if they would get off the ball faster and not stand up high to block for running plays they might just get the job done. I agree LV will be loaded for Bear(no pun intended). :D

LV_Bearfan
08-16-2015, 11:32 AM
True the O Line is necessary to protect the Qb and Rb and if they can't open holes at the LOS or downfield block even the best rb will not have much success. Injuries are another problem. Job one as I see it now is to get this young group of linemen up to speed before game one. LH will be a huge hurdle for the Leps. I expect a much improved effort next Thursday in Lockhart. On a positive note our O line looks to be in very good physical condition. No chubbiness just very stout and showing good speed. Now if they would get off the ball faster and not stand up high to block for running plays they might just get the job done. I agree LV will be loaded for Bear(no pun intended). :D

This shapes up about like last year. I expected LV's line to dominate. They didn't in La Grange. We will see if anything changes this time around. It would appear the LG coaches know a thing or two about coaching up a line.

bag-o-chips
08-16-2015, 11:50 AM
Navarro scrimmaged 6a South San Antonio. Outscored them 7 tds to 0. Had 18 tackles for a loss and South San never crossed the 50 yard line. Very fast on defense and new excitement on offense. Impressed me.

Blue42
08-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Wow Panthers running the spread now?

Leopardfan201
08-16-2015, 02:18 PM
This shapes up about like last year. I expected LV's line to dominate. They didn't in La Grange. We will see if anything changes this time around. It would appear the LG coaches know a thing or two about coaching up a line.

LG will be fine..this team is deep...imagine next year this team will be deeper with everyone returning....and just remember Dobbins is not a just a RB he's the best RB in 4A...and maybe top 5 RB in thr nation his senior year

WOS87
08-16-2015, 04:48 PM
LG will be fine..this team is deep...imagine next year this team will be deeper with everyone returning....and just remember Dobbins is not a just a RB he's the best RB in 4A...and maybe top 5 RB in thr nation his senior year

As will WOS.. most of our team including our QB are pretty much Jrs. The next two seasons in Region III should be interesting.

Snotbubbles
08-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Snot,

Did you go to the bears' scrimmage? Just curious how it went.

Yes, I went to FV and caught this scrimmage. Nice rain shower prior to, caught me off guard. A lot of the same noted from type of plays run under Coach Layne, as was under Coach Bo, but--I think LV will speed it up, vs. slowing it down. They rush to the line, get down quick, and get after it. The new lefty replacement at QB is a solid looking kid. Big, muscle looking southpaw. Can sling it very accurate. And, the LB'ers, not sure they come any better than these guys I seen there. I see this club going further than last years club. Big, quick lineman, creating those lanes. However, noted drop off when #2's come in. Have to stay healthy. Teams might out speed them, but---will not out physical the Bears.

LV_Bearfan
08-16-2015, 07:06 PM
And, the LB'ers, not sure they come any better than these guys I seen there. I see this club going further than last years club. Big, quick lineman, creating those lanes. However, noted drop off when #2's come in. Have to stay healthy. Teams might out speed them, but---will not out physical the Bears.

Thanks Snotbubbles. I agree. Those LB's are special.

Pudlugger
08-16-2015, 07:12 PM
The Leps have some toughness in the middle lb positions as well. I expect our defense will be as good if not better than last year. We will see soon enough when we play Liberty Hill in game one.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Yes, I went to FV and caught this scrimmage. Nice rain shower prior to, caught me off guard. A lot of the same noted from type of plays run under Coach Layne, as was under Coach Bo, but--I think LV will speed it up, vs. slowing it down. They rush to the line, get down quick, and get after it. The new lefty replacement at QB is a solid looking kid. Big, muscle looking southpaw. Can sling it very accurate. And, the LB'ers, not sure they come any better than these guys I seen there. I see this club going further than last years club. Big, quick lineman, creating those lanes. However, noted drop off when #2's come in. Have to stay healthy. Teams might out speed them, but---will not out physical the Bears.Music will be ready when Bears come to Pirate Country.

Snotbubbles
08-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Music will be ready when Bears come to Pirate Country.

Good. Appears it's just us old farts that had issues with it. Bears loved the tunes cranked up. This should be one heck of a game.

speedbump
08-17-2015, 01:03 PM

EC 4 TDs - LG 0

Celina8
08-17-2015, 07:02 PM
I did not get to make it to the Celina scrimmage with Princeton so the only opinion I have is from two other people I talked to who did attend. All they said was that Celina struggled both on offense and defense and that Princeton won the scrimmage. Again I did not attend and these two guys can be pretty hard critics so if someone else who did attend has a different opinion please post.

d0tc0m
08-18-2015, 12:01 AM
I did not get to make it to the Celina scrimmage with Princeton so the only opinion I have is from two other people I talked to who did attend. All they said was that Celina struggled both on offense and defense and that Princeton won the scrimmage. Again I did not attend and these two guys can be pretty hard critics so if someone else who did attend has a different opinion please post.

That is really interesting. I'd like to hear what they had to say. I heard quite the opposite of that report.

Celina8
08-18-2015, 05:15 AM
That is really interesting. I'd like to hear what they had to say. I heard quite the opposite of that report.

I am not so confident in these sources as I talked to another person after I posted who said we looked good and if the defense makes a few more adjustments this could be a fun year. Since I did not make it to the game and there are really no bobcat posters (which is a first in a long time) then getting info might be tough this year.

d0tc0m
08-18-2015, 08:46 AM
I am not so confident in these sources as I talked to another person after I posted who said we looked good and if the defense makes a few more adjustments this could be a fun year. Since I did not make it to the game and there are really no bobcat posters (which is a first in a long time) then getting info might be tough this year.

That's closer to what I heard. And the photo I saw of the live quarter had us with a lot of points and Princeton with none. It is odd to not have many Bobcat posters on here, and I suspect they'll come around as the season progresses, we'll see. I hope it's another fun year. I'm just ready for the season to start!