3. Katy (2) 200 -
4. Cedar Hill (1) 157 -
5. Manvel 153 -
6. Cibolo Steele 98 -
7. Dallas Skyline 93 -
8. Euless Trinity 53 -
9. Denton Guyer 50 -
10. Converse Judson 46 -
Others receiving votes: 11, Southlake Carroll 26. 12, Pearland 15. 13, Spring Westfield 13. 14, Lake Travis 12. 15, Dickinson 6. 16, Arlington Martin 4. 17, Austin Westlake 2. 18, Hewitt Midway 1. 18, SA Northside Brennan 1.

Class 5A
School Total Points Prv
1. Aledo (19) 243 -
2. Cedar Park (5) 210 -
3. Ennis 170 -
(tie)Temple 170 -
5. Crosby 153 -
6. Mansfield Timberview 99 -
7. Richmond George Ranch 77 -
8. Tyler 66 -
9. Austin Vandegrift (1) 50 -
10. Lufkin 32 -
Others receiving votes: 11, Houston Stratford 28. 12, Longview 17. 13, Fort Bend Ridge Point 16. 14, Kerrville Tivy 15. 15, CC Flour Bluff 9. 16, Mansfield Lake Ridge 6. 17, Lancaster 3. 17, Everman 3. 17, Brenham 3. 17, Richmond Foster 3. 21, Mesquite Poteet 1. 21, Port Neches-Groves 1.

Class 4A
School Total Points Prv
1. Navasota (19) 243 -
2. Argyle (3) 215 -
3. Gilmer (2) 172 -
4. Graham 133 -
5. West Orange-Stark (1) 116 -
6. Stephenville 82 -
(tie)Carthage 82 -
8. La Grange 78 -
9. Celina 62 -
10. Kennedale 43 -
Others receiving votes: 11, Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 36. 12, Liberty Hill 29. 13, Gladewater 27. 14, Sinton 23. 15, Abilene Wylie 12. 16, Jasper 5. 17, La Marque 3. 17, Burnet 3. 17, China Spring 3. 17, Cuero 3. 21, El Campo 2. 21, Tyler Chapel Hill 2. 23, Van 1.

Class 3A
School Total Points Prv
1. Cameron (20) 245 -
2. Mineola (1) 193 -
3. East Bernard (4) 176 -
4. Newton 156 -
5. Shallowater 127 -
6. Kirbyville 115 -
7. Brock 100 -
8. Franklin 54 -
9. Teague 37 -
10. East Chambers 34 -
Others receiving votes: 11, Waskom 31. 12, Blanco 29. 13, Pottsboro 25. 14, Cisco 18. 15, Wall 10. 16, Hallettsville 5. 16, Elysian Fields 5. 18, Arp 4. 19, Eastland 2. 19, Rockdale 2. 19, Pilot Point 2. 22, Crockett 1. 22, Brownfield 1. 22, Brady 1. 22, Malakoff 1. 22, Odem 1.

Class 2A
School Total Points Prv
1. Canadian (20) 242 -
2. Bremond (4) 210 -
3. Refugio (1) 205 -
4. Mason 143 -
5. Seagraves 127 -
6. Albany 126 -
7. Shiner 99 -
8. Tenaha 47 -
9. Mart 43 -
(tie)Alto 43 -
Others receiving votes: 11, Bruni 37. 12, Centerville 15. 13, Crawford 11. 14, Iraan 9. 15, Iola 6. 15, Stratford 6. 17, Crosbyton 4. 18, Hico 2.

Gsquared
08-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Looking at Class 3A, those fools are crazy if they think Mineola is better than East Bernard.

Rabid Cougar
08-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Looking at Class 3A, those fools are crazy if they think Mineola is better than East Bernard.

My thought is they are fools to think that either one is better than Cameron.

Leopardfan201
08-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Sounds about rgt for La Grange...half the team back but still unknowns about this team

Leopardfan201
08-12-2015, 11:56 AM
My thought is they are fools to think that either one is better than Cameron.

Yup Cameron could be a top 15 team in 4A

GUNHO
08-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Still wish they would break it down D1/D2.Other than that 4A looks good to me.I see where WO-S will be playing #17 & 21 in 5A,#16 in 4A and # 4 in 3A preseason.Not the hardest but some good competition.

Leopardfan201
08-12-2015, 01:35 PM
I hope WOS does well and LG too..bcs I know both teams loss sum talent still sum unknowns..but both should be meeting for the Region 3 crown again

Yoe_09
08-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Still wish they would break it down D1/D2.Other than that 4A looks good to me.I see where WO-S will be playing #17 & 21 in 5A,#16 in 4A and # 4 in 3A preseason.Not the hardest but some good competition.

Yes, it has never made since to me to rank teams that will never play each other in the playoffs.

hollywood
08-12-2015, 02:26 PM
I think Stephenville is a legit 6 or 7

Aguilafanatico
08-12-2015, 02:29 PM

I was thinking the same thing re: Navasota and Argyle:stirpot:

chaingang
08-12-2015, 02:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing re: Navasota and Argyle:stirpot:

Yeah, and Gilmer above WOS?? :hand::stirpot:

bd62
08-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Yes, it has never made since to me to rank teams that will never play each other in the playoffs.

AP does not pay much attention to lower classifications. May not realize there is 2 divisions and what teams are in each. That's too much work for them. Lol.

movethechain
08-12-2015, 03:26 PM
So Daingerfield didn't get a single vote to even show up in the silly AP Poll? Ok den. :rolleyes:
That's why I love the AP Poll. Always good for a laugh, but not much else.

Sweetwater Red
08-12-2015, 03:35 PM
So Daingerfield didn't get a single vote to even show up in the silly AP Poll? Ok den. :rolleyes:

FWIW - Gladewater is ranked #13 in 4A and pigskin preps has the Bears as a 44 point favorite over Daingerfield in week one.

Yoe_09
08-12-2015, 03:36 PM

Well, to be fair to them I have not seen Daingerfield in any poll and that is because of their 1-9 season and missing out of the playoffs. However, they are one of those teams that could go from no playoffs to a deep playoff run quickly....too much tradition.

If they play some of their non-district opponents close, that should turn some heads.

Sville
08-12-2015, 04:18 PM

Really? I think we are somewhere in the 10-15 range considering the talent we lost.

Bosqueville
08-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Really? I think we are somewhere in the 10-15 range considering the talent we lost.

At the very least...

Aguilafanatico
08-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Liberty-Eylau doesn't make the top 10 in 4A?? :doh:

hollywood
08-12-2015, 05:47 PM

I could explain myself but please take off the blinders. You know I know that you know that I know wuz up. Ok ok... Would be shocked if Stephenville gets out of district with losing 1 player to CH. :D I hope you're wrong, I think we'll all be surprised with this year's team. Defense should be better and offense will be efficient enough.

Aesculus gilmus
08-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Liberty-Eylau doesn't make the top 10 in 4A?? :doh:

They've had a lot of down years and only recently turned it around under Coach Steve Wells. I always thought the key up there in Texarkana was to install the spread so as to take advantage of their always abundant speed and that's what he did.

Coach Pat Brady, whose state championship team upset a heavily favored Gilmer team in a bi-district game in 2006, believed in a ground-oriented, ball-control offense. It worked that night, but never again. I forget how many times Gilmer has beaten L-E since then. It's a bunch.

It could be that this year's opener on Thursday, Aug. 27, between Gilmer and L-E here will be a classic. But I've gone into quite a few of them post-2006 thinking that and they're almost always Gilmer blowouts.

GUNHO
08-12-2015, 06:29 PM
They've had a lot of down years and only recently turned it around under Coach Steve Wells. I always thought the key up there in Texarkana was to install the spread so as to take advantage of their always abundant speed and that's what he did.

Coach Pat Brady, whose state championship team upset a heavily favored Gilmer team in a bi-district game in 2006, believed in a ground-oriented, ball-control offense. It worked that night, but never again. I forget how many times Gilmer has beaten L-E since then. It's a bunch.

It could be that this year's opener on Thursday, Aug. 27, between Gilmer and L-E here will be a classic. But I've gone into quite a few of them post-2006 thinking that and they're almost always Gilmer blowouts.

The shot that was heard around Texas.Everyone had already given the crown to Gilmer except L-E.

lostaussie
08-12-2015, 08:35 PM
The shot that was heard around Texas.Everyone had already given the crown to Gilmer except L-E.

You are exactly correct. In our 15 year or so run, there have been games that we have lost that left me disappointed, there have been a few that we were truly outmatched. But there have only been two that I thought we lost and were way the better team. LE was one in that 1st round game. The other was that crazy game we lost to Canton 61-58. Those are 2 games that possibly cost us championships. Jmo

buckeyebob
08-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Well, to be fair to them I have not seen Daingerfield in any poll and that is because of their 1-9 season and missing out of the playoffs. However, they are one of those teams that could go from no playoffs to a deep playoff run quickly....too much tradition.

If they play some of their non-district opponents close, that should turn some heads.

& They have new turf & a rebuilt field...don't want to sully the season

slingshot
08-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Swap Wylie and Ville in the rankings and it looks fairly close....

buckeyebob
08-13-2015, 12:42 PM

6 for 6

LEFAN80
08-13-2015, 05:40 PM

Blowouts yes last year but others nah I don't recall that we've always kept it close should've won a few Brady was terrible so predictable but we almost always had the talent only to lose the coaching battle.

I don't expect us to be top ten we don't deserve it yet but I can tell you that the program is rolling and these kids have worked their tails off so hopefully we can come out and make a statement in a couple of weeks

hollywood
08-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Swap Wylie and Ville in the rankings and it looks fairly close....

:lies:

Time will tell my friend.

You have no idea what's coming!!! :evillol:

:wave:

slingshot
08-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Time will tell my friend.

You have no idea what's coming!!! :ack:Rocketwood? Is that you?:taunt:

hollywood
08-13-2015, 08:56 PM
Rocketwood? Is that you?:taunt:

Dang it!! Caught me before I could edit!!! Dang you!!

slingshot
08-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Wylie will likely have several losses going into district with a ton of new starters and a ridiculous early season schedule (hardest in 4A?)... but barring major injuries will roll in district. Think this is going to be a very good Dawg squad though the early record may not look like it.

briandumith*
08-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Wylie will likely have several losses going into district with a ton of new starters and a ridiculous early season schedule (hardest in 4A?)... but barring major injuries will roll in district. Think this is going to be a very good Dawg squad though the early record may not look like it.
I think you guys are way better than most think.. I really see a great first game... Computer has them at 53/47.. with 100 games played.. No score bigger than 8 points.

Aguilafanatico
08-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Reboot!!

briandumith*
08-13-2015, 10:14 PM
:2thumbsup
Reboot!!
lol

hollywood
08-13-2015, 10:53 PM

I agree. Good programs produce. Wylie is a very good program. Sandifer hasn't stuck around this long unless the previous was true, in which he has a lot to do with.

Roll in district? That's the homer in you coming out. Lol Stephenville will be similar in that some L's may be on the record but will continue to build steam as district approaches. What you have not seen is the X factor. The unknown. Hey, Brownwood might even give a challenge. ;)

We'll all know more in the next few weeks.

slingshot
08-14-2015, 10:08 AM
I agree. Good programs produce. Wylie is a very good program. Sandifer hasn't stuck around this long unless the previous was true, in which he has a lot to do with.

Roll in district? That's the homer in you coming out. Lol Stephenville will be similar in that some L's may be on the record but will continue to build steam as district approaches. What you have not seen is the X factor. The unknown. Hey, Brownwood might even give a challenge. ;)

We'll all know more in the next few weeks.I agree. Homer? Nobody on here is a 'homer'... right? As for district--I may be wrong but after watching BWD's Jr class since 7th grade, I think they are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Very possibly challenge for a district championship along with Wylie and Ville. Should be a great district this year. Big Spring will be down but they are still always talented and have speed, just have to get disciplined. They could surprise too...

Aguilafanatico
08-14-2015, 11:49 AM

We'll all know more in the next few weeks.

Sandifer is a great coach and always seems to produce very good, classy teams. Very rarely hear any chirping from his players. I had the opportunity to run the chains during the opener in Argyle vs AW last season. That guy is hilarious as well. Some of the things he says during the game, to his players, refs, and even the chain gang were classic. Not disrespectful but very funny.

hollywood
08-14-2015, 03:27 PM
I agree. Homer? Nobody on here is a 'homer'... right? As for district--I may be wrong but after watching BWD's Jr class since 7th grade, I think they are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Very possibly challenge for a district championship along with Wylie and Ville. Should be a great district this year. Big Spring will be down but they are still always talented and have speed, just have to get disciplined. They could surprise too...

I've known about this group of Lions for several years as well. Will they live up to their hype? That's the question. Dynamics change as the years move on. From watching them in 7 on 7, pretty athletic. You're right, it'll come down to VILLE , WOOD, and WYLY for the DC. Which program will have it all together by then, that's the unknown. I like what I have seen from the Jackets so far. This will be the best OL and maybe the best D the Jackets have fielded in a few years.

hollywood
08-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Sandifer is a great coach and always seems to produce very good, classy teams. Very rarely hear any chirping from his players. I had the opportunity to run the chains during the opener in Argyle vs AW last season. That guy is hilarious as well. Some of the things he says during the game, to his players, refs, and even the chain gang were classic. Not disrespectful but very funny.

I met Sandifer for the first time in 2013 when Wyly hosted the Stephenville/Big Spring quarterfinal game. He was directing traffic into the parking lot. Seemed like a great guy. Busted out a joke while we were waiting to move. Can't remember what it was, but it was funny.

slingshot
08-14-2015, 05:58 PM

If you were on the chain gang we probably chatted and I prob offered you some water... You're right--Sandifer is intense but has a very underappreciated sense of humor.