PDA

View Full Version : Your Teams Biggest ? before the season

SHSBulldog00
08-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Hey Guys

I'm back.....so what you got?

To me Sweeny's biggest question is who will be under center?

Now in my defense I have not made it to 2 a days yet.

Rumor was that our QB last year was not going to play this year but like I said I have not been up there yet and teenagers can change their minds multiple times a day.

Indians212
08-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Hey Guys

I'm back.....so what you got?

To me Sweeny's biggest question is who will be under center?

Now in my defense I have not made it to 2 a days yet.

Rumor was that our QB last year was not going to play this year but like I said I have not been up there yet and teenagers can change their minds multiple times a day.
I believe our biggest question will be our secondary and offensive line. If we get those up to par we will be dangerous.

Roughneck93
08-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Qb....

panfan
08-06-2015, 07:09 PM
During which game will we throw a pass? Hmmmmm.

sinfan75
08-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Sinton's biggest ? will be at QB.

buckeyebob
08-06-2015, 09:10 PM
QB...it is always QB...very seldom more than Sr. year

hollywood
08-06-2015, 11:03 PM
RB, for sure

greendawg84
08-07-2015, 08:09 AM
During which game will we throw a pass? Hmmmmm.

It will be against AW , thats the only game on the schedule where the opponent even has a chance of beating you . Doubt anybody even scores on Da Hill in district . You heard it here first , Da Hill wins DC for second year in a row ...... in a slacker district !

Gobbler Fan
08-07-2015, 08:15 AM
QB now that one of our main options has transferred to Refugio.

regaleagle
08-07-2015, 08:59 AM
I think it will most definitely be the long-snapper position at Argyle.

HEMOTOXIC
08-07-2015, 09:42 AM
For the Rattlers, IMO, the offensive line will be the biggest question. The defense will probably be better this year than last. Not 2012 good but better. And of course, the offense should be better. Replacing Randle (RB who didn't play entire 2014 playoffs) should come down to 2 very capable athletes.

OLE'BULL
08-07-2015, 11:50 AM
For Bellville, it will be quarterback, again... Since Rowe has gotten to Bellville, we have never had a QB start 2 years in a row. One time, the Junior who was going to start blew out his ankle in a scrimmage and sat out the whole year after surgery. He then started the next year. This last season, the QB who started was a Senior, but should have started his Junior year also. But that year a Senior started over him. The QB position has been frustrating for us Brahma fans, fortunately we dont throw the ball.

Pudlugger
08-07-2015, 12:21 PM
For La Grange it will be the O line with only one starter returning and one reserve who got a lot of time as a junior at guard. The rising juniors and sophomores will need to step up and fill the other three positions. We will definitely need some size up front at tackle. Our defense will be stout and offense will be explosive especially if we build a strong O line.

Antlers
08-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Not trying to takeover your thread. Do any of y'all have any scoop on Big Springs this year. I live in Kerrville and was just curios how they are looking for this year. Thanks!

YTBulldogs
08-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Yoakum

OL

toddg
08-07-2015, 01:33 PM
a lot of questions in Alvarado..but, a lot of potential too..will find out a lot at tomorrows purple/white scrimmage

hollywood
08-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Not trying to takeover your thread. Do any of y'all have any scoop on Big Springs this year. I live in Kerrville and was just curios how they are looking for this year. Thanks!

Big Spring lost a lot. I think they do have their bruser RB coming back. He should be even more of a handful this season.

GUNHO
08-07-2015, 02:35 PM
WO-S has qb back on offense only.Need to fill a lot of shoes there.D has 6 returning and should be ok.Probly take some lumps early but should be ready to make some noise come
playoff time.

Antlers
08-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Big Spring lost a lot. I think they do have their bruser RB coming back. He should be even more of a handful this season.

Thanks. Yes he was a big boy from what I remember. Im just glad Tannehill is gone lol. He gave us a lot of fits. Hope Stephenville has a good year.

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2015, 03:41 PM

FWIW - pigskin prep has y'all as 28 point favorites against them to open the season.

Antlers
08-07-2015, 03:50 PM
FWIW - pigskin prep has y'all as 28 point favorites against them to open the season.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the kids are ready to get after them after last years shootout!

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the kids are ready to get after them after last years shootout!

No problem. I was there last year on the KVille (shade) side. Fun game to watch for sure.

solocam
08-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Libert Hill OL

Blue42
08-07-2015, 08:11 PM
QB now that one of our main options has transferred to Refugio.

Chances are he would not have been QB if he was still here as his arm was injured in Baseball and that is the sport he favors.

d0tc0m
08-08-2015, 12:25 AM
I haven't been to any two-a-day practices - or a game in some time - so I'll have to defer to people who are actually in the know, but based on what we lost/what we have coming back, I'd say Celina's biggest questions will be the QB and the defense. Elliot will be tough to replace under center, but I have heard Pingleton will be more than competent. Also heard the Bobcats could benefit with the QB change because it will force the offensive planning to be built around Alexander and the running game - tried and true way to take pressure off a young QB. Celina has talent at the skill positions with room to get better as the year progresses. Ready for the season to get here!

Leopardfan201
08-08-2015, 12:36 AM
La Grange...O line have to grow up fast..offense and defense should be good

Pudlugger
08-08-2015, 07:14 AM
La Grange...O line have to grow up fast..offense and defense should be good
Yes I agree the defense will be very good which will give the o line time to get their game on.

buckeyebob
08-08-2015, 06:04 PM
I haven't been to any two-a-day practices - or a game in some time - so I'll have to defer to people who are actually in the know, but based on what we lost/what we have coming back, I'd say Celina's biggest questions will be the QB and the defense. Elliot will be tough to replace under center, but I have heard Pingleton will be more than competent. Also heard the Bobcats could benefit with the QB change because it will force the offensive planning to be built around Alexander and the running game - tried and true way to take pressure off a young QB. Celina has talent at the skill positions with room to get better as the year progresses. Ready for the season to get here!

All ya gotta do is ask me...I know it all

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Sinton's biggest ? will be at QB.yep, passing game how well will he be able to read the defensive coverage, running with the ball might be his strength with his speed. He'll have a lot of experience receivers returning to help out.

hollywood
08-08-2015, 09:36 PM
RB, for sure

After watching the scrimmage today.. RB's will be just fine. ;)

The OL is going to be beast.

d0tc0m
08-08-2015, 09:36 PM
All ya gotta do is ask me...I know it all

Fair enough. So what's the word on the Bobcats?

cougartino
08-09-2015, 09:28 AM
1. Depth
2. Coaching

buckeyebob
08-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Fair enough. So what's the word on the Bobcats?

The Bobcats will do fine, undefeated in District...like butter through the playoffs with a close Sweetwater game...then meet the Buckeyes in semi-finals.

slingshot
08-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Prob cornerback, D-line and O-line... though the O-line looks pretty good so far.

jason
08-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Heard there was some promise at rb. Definitely a drop off from kaegan but not terrible.

Caveman
08-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Argyle has major problems. Team speed is the first one. Second is the defensive secondary. Lack of speed and experience is going to make the season questionable. I'm not saying they don't make the playoffs, but I only see them going 2 deep. Receivers can't block. I watched the scrimmage and they don't seem to like contact. Their big D1 TE takes a lot of plays off. Their state MVP linebacker is now playing running back which leaves a huge hole in the middle. It will be interesting to see how creative the coaches can be.

speedbump
08-10-2015, 07:17 PM
The Riceirds didn't lose heavily at any one area and will fill the places that have been vacated,from backups that got a lot of playing time and undefeated Freshman and JV teams. Once the new guys get settled in,the biggest question will probably be how to slow Navasota down enough to win. If they can do that - see ya at NRG.

Aguilafanatico
08-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Argyle has major problems. Team speed is the first one. Second is the defensive secondary. Lack of speed and experience is going to make the season questionable. I'm not saying they don't make the playoffs, but I only see them going 2 deep. Receivers can't block. I watched the scrimmage and they don't seem to like contact. Their big D1 TE takes a lot of plays off. Their state MVP linebacker is now playing running back which leaves a huge hole in the middle. It will be interesting to see how creative the coaches can be.

Curious as to which scrimmage you attended as Argyle hasn't scrimmaged yet, not even vs each other. Did you attend Saturday's practice?

briandumith*
08-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Curious as to which scrimmage you attended as Argyle hasn't scrimmaged yet, not even vs each other. Did you attend Saturday's practice?
man we got haters in Graham too bro.. hehehe

BlueBleeder3
08-10-2015, 11:06 PM

You are high if you think Argyle has major problems! I bet 95% of the teams in 4A would love to have those so called problems. Argyle has great tradition to combine with their great athletes. At very worst they are at least a top 10 team

d0tc0m
08-10-2015, 11:17 PM

LOL, troll big or go home!

Caveman
08-11-2015, 06:31 AM

You're right, I was in a hurry when I wrote this it was a practice not a scrimmage. But, I stand by what I said. I'm not hating anyone, the thread asked if anyone saw any question marks in teams and those were my observations. It's early in the season and as with any high school athlete, kids progress. But at this point that's what I saw. I'd love to hear what you think are the weaknesses.

CP3Dad
08-11-2015, 08:37 AM
I think it will most definitely be the long-snapper position at Argyle.

You got a Dunham kid, so I'm sure that position is squared away.

Slick50
08-11-2015, 09:41 AM
You got a Dunham kid, so I'm sure that position is squared away.

Speaking of Dunham. For you Ticket listeners

https://vine.co/v/edmgaWrzIx5

Aguilafanatico
08-11-2015, 11:35 AM
You're right, I was in a hurry when I wrote this it was a practice not a scrimmage. But, I stand by what I said. I'm not hating anyone, the thread asked if anyone saw any question marks in teams and those were my observations. It's early in the season and as with any high school athlete, kids progress. But at this point that's what I saw. I'd love to hear what you think are the weaknesses.

Assume your son is either a speedy db or a physcal, contact-loving WR on JV. :tisk:

d0tc0m
08-11-2015, 11:40 AM
The Bobcats will do fine, undefeated in District...like butter through the playoffs with a close Sweetwater game...then meet the Buckeyes in semi-finals.

Yeah, Celina's district is brutally weak, and so is most of Region I for that matter. The Region I title essentially has to go through the Bobcats and the Mustangs, which should be another great matchup, if it happens. Would love to see the Bobcats progress and get better as the season goes on and somehow make it back to another state title game. Long way to go and a tough row to hoe before that happens, of course.

Although, I'll have to make it back to the Great State if the Bobcats and Buckeyes go at it again. I'll be bringing my Missouri friends along, as well, because they just don't seem to believe me that there are 4A teams in Texas that could mop the floor with the best Class 6 schools here in the Show Me state.

buckeyebob
08-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah, Celina's district is brutally weak, and so is most of Region I for that matter. The Region I title essentially has to go through the Bobcats and the Mustangs, which should be another great matchup, if it happens. Would love to see the Bobcats progress and get better as the season goes on and somehow make it back to another state title game. Long way to go and a tough row to hoe before that happens, of course.

Although, I'll have to make it back to the Great State if the Bobcats and Buckeyes go at it again. I'll be bringing my Missouri friends along, as well, because they just don't seem to believe me that there are 4A teams in Texas that could mop the floor with the best Class 6 schools here in the Show Me state.

and the attendance...we have had several Missouri alum...they seemed to enjoy the school & the football program

Caveman
08-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Assume your son is either a speedy db or a physcal, contact-loving WR on JV. :tisk:

Got no skin in this game. I was in the area bidding a job and stopped in to watch.

d0tc0m
08-11-2015, 03:16 PM
and the attendance...we have had several Missouri alum...they seemed to enjoy the school & the football program

Attendance, and just atmosphere in general up here is very weak, save for one or two schools. Even one of the Class 3 state champs I covered a few years ago, in their biggest games of the season, would have struggled to fill a 2A-3A size stadium in Texas. Heck, most of those 2A-3A schools bring more on any given Friday night than that Missouri team did at the state championship.

You'd be surprised how many big (Class 5-6) schools up here don't even have bleachers on both sides of the field. A lot of schools have one set on the home side and that's it. Literally, that's it. It baffles me.

slingshot
08-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Assume your son is either a speedy db or a physcal, contact-loving WR on JV. :tisk::1popcorn:

Aguilafanatico
08-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Got no skin in this game. I was in the area bidding a job and stopped in to watch.

Ok so I am confused...or maybe not. You live in Argyle (not a big town) but were just "in the area" to bid a job. So without any "skin in the game", you popped in to take a quick peek and were able to come up with a fairly in-depth scouting report (as you see it) on this years team? Based on watching a little practice one day?? :lies

By the way, watch #3's hudl video from last year. You might see some downfield blocking (maybe half of his video is just that). Also, if you have another "job bid" on Saturday Swing by and see the huge holes we have at LB. At least you got the huge part right.

buckeyebob
08-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Attendance, and just atmosphere in general up here is very weak, save for one or two schools. Even one of the Class 3 state champs I covered a few years ago, in their biggest games of the season, would have struggled to fill a 2A-3A size stadium in Texas. Heck, most of those 2A-3A schools bring more on any given Friday night than that Missouri team did at the state championship.

You'd be surprised how many big (Class 5-6) schools up here don't even have bleachers on both sides of the field. A lot of schools have one set on the home side and that's it. Literally, that's it. It baffles me.

3rd round of the Play-offs were Gilmer & Gladewater...we set the all-time attendance at Lobo Stadium in Longview.

I got Reserved Seats last year...I had been on the Waiting List for 18 years...Season Tickets appear in Wills, Divorces & sold for premium price...only reason I did, we reworked Home Side

Caveman
08-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Ok so I am confused...or maybe not. You live in Argyle (not a big town) but were just "in the area" to bid a job. So without any "skin in the game", you popped in to take a quick peek and were able to come up with a fairly in-depth scouting report (as you see it) on this years team? Based on watching a little practice one day?? :lies

By the way, watch #3's hudl video from last year. You might see some downfield blocking (maybe half of his video is just that). Also, if you have another "job bid" on Saturday Swing by and see the huge holes we have at LB. At least you got the huge part right.

I can see where that would be confusing. When I signed up on here I lived in Argyle. Wife has the house now. I still do business in Argyle. I just might swing by. See you there.

Aguilafanatico
08-11-2015, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Caveman;1865163]I can see where that would be confusing. When I signed up on here I lived in Argyle. Wife has the house now. I still do business in Argyle. I just might swing by. See you there.[/QUOTE

Argyllian or not, swing by on Saturday and look me up. Would love to connect and talk Eagle football. There is still room on the bandwagon

chaingang
08-12-2015, 10:36 AM

Kansas is the exact same way! My freshman year of college we had a home game that Saturday so me and a few teammates from Texas decided to go watch the "huge" rival game of the HS team on Friday night. I couldnt believe my eyes. The fans of this "Huge" rival game between 2 5A equivalent schools could have fit in one of our 3A gyms. LOL. We all looked at each other and thought so I wonder if there are many fights in the stands with both teams fans sitting on the same side. hahah We tried to explain to our non-Texan teammates that most of us had played in front of anywhere from 15-20k fans just for a non "Huge" rival game. Of course they didn't believe us so I just popped one of my WOS highlight tapes (Yes, the year was 1999) in the trusty ole VCR. They were mesmerized. Like literally couldn't believe what they saw. They also said we looked like a small college team plying out there.

Gen.Pat
08-16-2015, 02:45 PM
We got a several new staff members that Duke brought in this year. One off his staff at Palmer the rest I don't know. But another sub 500 season and Duke could be on the hot seat. Coach Brawner set some pretty high standards for us.

The kids look pretty solid this year so we will have to wait and play the games.

Aguilafanatico
08-16-2015, 04:08 PM
I can see where that would be confusing. When I signed up on here I lived in Argyle. Wife has the house now. I still do business in Argyle. I just might swing by. See you there.

Did you get a chance to see the scrimmage? Feeling any better about the Eagles this season? I know it was Ferris but that reminded me a little of the Bridgeport scrimmage in 2013, all the way down to the 70yd TD run on the first play. Dominant performance on both sides of the ball.

Caveman
08-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Did you get a chance to see the scrimmage? Feeling any better about the Eagles this season? I know it was Ferris but that reminded me a little of the Bridgeport scrimmage in 2013, all the way down to the 70yd TD run on the first play. Dominant performance on both sides of the ball.

Nope, didn't get to see it, but I heard that the Eagles kicked 'em pretty hard. I also heard the freshmen and JV did an outstanding job as well. I knew the QB situation was going to improve but how were the DB's? That Sweat kid is going to be a handful. If the WRs and TEs produce, like they're apparently supposed to, this team could be better than last year's.