PDA

View Full Version : Division I Playoffs

kaorder1999
10-02-2001, 01:05 AM
Wow! This year's 3A Division I playoffs will be exciting. Everman will be a team to contend with....Abilene Wylie has a chance to win it all...Forney (more than likley D1 this year) has the talent to win it all...if Forney goes DII, possibly a cakewalk...but not in D1....
what do y'all think?

Matthew328
10-02-2001, 08:56 AM
I don't think Foreny would have a cakewalk in D2...but yes the Division 1 road is tougher..especially early on..I think if Forney goes D1 they have a chance of getting knocked out early..Everman or Daingerfield or Liberty-Eylau or Wylie..but in D2 Region 2 may not be as strong but later on in the postseason there are tough teams..ie Newton, Rice Consolidated, etc.

fatcat255
10-02-2001, 09:05 AM
Region 2 D2 will likely have Gladewater, White Oak, Atlanta, Queen City (or Pleasant Grove), Spring Hill, Daingerfield, Wilmer-Hutchins, Winnsboro & Commerce. Not too bad!

MustangFan03
10-02-2001, 12:46 PM
Sweetwater is ranked #5 in the state and they will be Div. 2 that is another tough team.Reg 1 Div 2 winner will have been battle tested whoever it might be.

eye of the tiger
10-02-2001, 01:03 PM
Well this Commerce Tiger fan thinks If Forney keeps playing the way they are they will win DI or DII.

Originally posted by kaorder1999:
Wow! This year's 3A Division I playoffs will be exciting. Everman will be a team to contend with....Abilene Wylie has a chance to win it all...Forney (more than likley D1 this year) has the talent to win it all...if Forney goes DII, possibly a cakewalk...but not in D1....
what do y'all think?

Old Cardinal
10-02-2001, 02:13 PM
In Division breakdown Newton will be in Div II via enrollment and Bridge City will be in Division I via enrollment, out of 21-3A... As I understand it, Rice Cons. will also be Div II. It looks like Sinton and Bridge City will meet and produce the finalist for Region III/IV. These are two good teams that play top flight 4A opponents in the preseason to prepare for the postseason. Everman looks tough on the other side of Texas.