07-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Got mine on Friday and neighbor was already asking to borrow it

buckeyebob
07-12-2015, 08:39 PM
I will be @ WM early tomorrow

waterboy
07-13-2015, 12:30 PM
I will be @ WM early tomorrow

Well....? Did they have them at Wally World in Gilmer?

Bosqueville
07-14-2015, 08:00 AM
No sign of it in Waco yet.

Matthew328
07-14-2015, 09:05 PM
It's been spotted so far at Barnes & Noble in Pearland and in Frisco

Roughneck93
07-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Picked up a copy at Hastings in Lake Jackson today.

buckeyebob
07-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Well....? Did they have them at Wally World in Gilmer?

Nope...& it was a cluster...back to magazine section...nothing...lady with a clip board said they were at the registers...they had a bunch of DCTF scattered around but FNF, nada...Front End Supv. says in Sporting Goods (she had called them...back to the back & the guy she had just talked to...yep, right over here, he says...he holds up an "Official Football"...I went to the dog food

Matthew328
07-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Hastings in Tyler has it I know

Aguilafanatico
07-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Hastings in Tyler has it I know

I am confused. I have not been able to find your magazine was texted an image of the Argyle write-up and synopsis from another dad on the team. We are both miffed. There have been comments made that DCTF now focuses more on college and that FnF is all high school. That said, based on what we have read re: one of the 4A powerhouse teams, FNF must spend more time on 6A and 5A. There certainly was very little (if any)research done on the 15-16 Eagles. First and most confusing is that there are two players listed under "the players" that have not suited up for Argyle in 2 years. One suffered a concussion as a Soph in early 2013 and as a result dropped football for baseball. The other is a complete mystery as we don't even remember him playing at all. The odd thing is, you guys have him listed as an anchor on the offensive line. I'm not sure the kid even still attends Argyle HS and we are very close to the program. Where did you guys come up with these kids? Some of the players listed in the write up are mentioned as All District players. Several of those were also All State players but that is not mentioned anywhere. I would think ALL-State returners would be called out. Finally, the kid moving to QB this year was an All State Safety last year and also played a ton at WR as a Soph. He isn't even mentioned in the write-up, even as a DB or WR, though he is obviously a huge key for Argyle. How do you not even mention a Kid in the Argyle article that is a huge key returning player, and was ALL-State last year?? It's just me and a few other Argyllians so certainly won't affect the readership totals but if mailing it in on 4A schools is acceptable for FNF magazine, then I will stick to DCTF.

MUSTANG69
07-16-2015, 12:03 PM
I am confused. I have not been able to find your magazine was texted an image of the Argyle write-up and synopsis from another dad on the team. We are both miffed. There have been comments made that DCTF now focuses more on college and that FnF is all high school. That said, based on what we have read re: one of the 4A powerhouse teams, FNF must spend more time on 6A and 5A. There certainly was very little (if any)research done on the 15-16 Eagles. First and most confusing is that there are two players listed under "the players" that have not suited up for Argyle in 2 years. One suffered a concussion as a Soph in early 2013 and as a result dropped football for baseball. The other is a complete mystery as we don't even remember him playing at all. The odd thing is, you guys have him listed as an anchor on the offensive line. I'm not sure the kid even still attends Argyle HS and we are very close to the program. Where did you guys come up with these kids? Some of the players listed in the write up are mentioned as All District players. Several of those were also All State players but that is not mentioned anywhere. I would think ALL-State returners would be called out. Finally, the kid moving to QB this year was an All State Safety last year and also played a ton at WR as a Soph. He isn't even mentioned in the write-up, even as a DB or WR, though he is obviously a huge key for Argyle. How do you not even mention a Kid in the Argyle article that is a huge key returning player, and was ALL-State last year?? It's just me and a few other Argyllians so certainly won't affect the readership totals but if mailing it in on 4A schools is acceptable for FNF magazine, then I will stick to DCTF.

......:thumbsup:

Deuce
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM

Lol! Classic.

Bosqueville
07-16-2015, 01:19 PM
The shipping process for this magazine must be odd. Nowhere to be found in Waco. As of today, no go at HEB, Hastings, Barnes and Noble. It must trickle out.

Matthew328
07-16-2015, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback....I'll let the writer know of your displeasure with the write up...the writer for the district is a poster here so I'm sure he'll read it.

I will say we didnt get a questionnaire in for Argyle this year...now I'm not sure if the writer sent Coach Rodgers an e-mail but I sure did...sometimes you can only be as good as the info provided.

buckeyebob
07-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback....I'll let the writer know of your displeasure with the write up...the writer for the district is a poster here so I'm sure he'll read it.

I will say we didnt get a questionnaire in for Argyle this year...now I'm not sure if the writer sent Coach Rodgers an e-mail but I sure did...sometimes you can only be as good as the info provided.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yellow-hd/embarrassed-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Matthew328
07-16-2015, 08:15 PM
this kind of feedback is good..there's always teams who dont turn stuff in....they get a crappy write up..HC hears about it...next thing you know they respond the following year!!! We aren't at the response level of DCTF but getting closer each year.

Seriously, I apologize to the Argyle folks about it, I want the magazine to be perfect it never will be but a guy can hope.

regaleagle
07-16-2015, 09:31 PM
this kind of feedback is good..there's always teams who dont turn stuff in....they get a crappy write up..HC hears about it...next thing you know they respond the following year!!! We aren't at the response level of DCTF but getting closer each year.

Seriously, I apologize to the Argyle folks about it, I want the magazine to be perfect it never will be but a guy can hope.

Typically, the Argyllian Nation in general has fairly thick skins. I doubt whether the opposing coaching staffs will be uninformed about who the Eagle starting qb will be this season, haha. Looks like Argyle will again enjoy a fairly competitive predistrict schedule that begins with 4 games away before Graham comes in for the home opener. I reckon the Eagles will pretty much be road-tested by the time district rolls around.

Aguilafanatico
07-16-2015, 10:06 PM

No worries. Next time just swing by Fuzzys and you will most likely get all the Intel you need. :spitlol:

Gsquared
07-17-2015, 07:18 AM
I better confess, im the guilty culprit on this one. I wrote the Argyle district for the mag. Wish I would have kept the info I dug up for it to see how I was able to butcher the Argyle preview so bad. I can tell you that it makes me sick to my stomach and I really do apologize to all the Argyle peeps.

movethechain
07-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Hastings in Longview still did NOT have the magazine, as of yesterday afternoon, only DCTF.

YTBulldogs
07-17-2015, 02:00 PM
I better confess, im the guilty culprit on this one. I wrote the Argyle district for the mag. Wish I would have kept the info I dug up for it to see how I was able to butcher the Argyle preview so bad. I can tell you that it makes me sick to my stomach and I really do apologize to all the Argyle peeps.

Appreciate the honesty G. If nothing is submitted and no one went to coach directly, I'd not even do a write up on that school. Mention no info submitted by HC, and let the home town folks from that school handle it from there why they were not mentioned in FNF. I still like FNF vision for high school football and will support it. If I can even find one in my area, to support. :(

buckeyebob
07-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Typically, the Argyllian Nation in general has fairly thick skins. I doubt whether the opposing coaching staffs will be uninformed about who the Eagle starting qb will be this season, haha. Looks like Argyle will again enjoy a fairly competitive predistrict schedule that begins with 4 games away before Graham comes in for the home opener. I reckon the Eagles will pretty much be road-tested by the time district rolls around.

I would like to see what can be done about getting us in the rotation for the pre-season.

buckeyebob
07-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Appreciate the honesty G. If nothing is submitted and no one went to coach directly, I'd not even do a write up on that school. Mention no info submitted by HC, and let the home town folks from that school handle it from there why they were not mentioned in FNF. I still like FNF vision for high school football and will support it. If I can even find one in my area, to support. :(

You could become a Buckeye.

Matthew328
07-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Hastings in Longview still did NOT have the magazine, as of yesterday afternoon, only DCTF.

Books a Million in Longview has it....

Matthew328
07-17-2015, 05:16 PM

We thought about taking that route but then no kids will get mentioned....and for some this is a highlight of their lives to be mentioned...so even if no info is turned in we try and find something...we may get a few wrong but I'd rather go 50% than 0%

YTBulldogs
07-17-2015, 05:23 PM
We thought about taking that route but then no kids will get mentioned....and for some this is a highlight of their lives to be mentioned...so even if no info is turned in we try and find something...we may get a few wrong but I'd rather go 50% than 0%

True, but--when the home folk get's on the coach cause lil' Johnnie wasn't in FNF, it would only happen once. Eventually, HC's get the message and reply to emails regarding their team. Been there, done that in the paper business, and district sports sections. And, I feel as FNF does, 1 mistake is too many.

Aguilafanatico
07-18-2015, 02:20 PM
True, but--when the home folk get's on the coach cause lil' Johnnie wasn't in FNF, it would only happen once. Eventually, HC's get the message and reply to emails regarding their team. Been there, done that in the paper business, and district sports sections. And, I feel as FNF does, 1 mistake is too many.

ok felt compelled to chime in again based on your post. This is not about any "little Johnnies" not being mentioned in the magazine, rather this is about a publication that is largely purchased due to the belief that the information re: the teams highlighted is accurate. My "little Johnnie" is mentioned in the Argyle synopsis so that is definitely not the basis for my post. Even if a coach does not respond, for whatever reason, it would seem plausible that if a small amount of "digging" would have taken place, kids that don't attend Argyle HS, nor played any football in 2 years, would not have been mentioned as a key component to a sc contenders season. Also, if Allen, Desoto, Southlake, Trinity, Westlake, Katy......coaches don't respond are you going to leave them out of the magazine???? I think not. I don't want to beat this into the ground and certainly bear no ill will vs Gsquared, Matt or FNF magazine, I want them to succeed and appreciate the exposure, just calling it as I see it.

Now on to more important things like the 2015 HS football season. Can't wait to travel to Abilene in August (did I say that)??

YTBulldogs
07-18-2015, 08:57 PM
ok felt compelled to chime in again based on your post. This is not about any "little Johnnies" not being mentioned in the magazine, rather this is about a publication that is largely purchased due to the belief that the information re: the teams highlighted is accurate. My "little Johnnie" is mentioned in the Argyle synopsis so that is definitely not the basis for my post. Even if a coach does not respond, for whatever reason, it would seem plausible that if a small amount of "digging" would have taken place, kids that don't attend Argyle HS, nor played any football in 2 years, would not have been mentioned as a key component to a sc contenders season. Also, if Allen, Desoto, Southlake, Trinity, Westlake, Katy......coaches don't respond are you going to leave them out of the magazine???? I think not. I don't want to beat this into the ground and certainly bear no ill will vs Gsquared, Matt or FNF magazine, I want them to succeed and appreciate the exposure, just calling it as I see it.

Now on to more important things like the 2015 HS football season. Can't wait to travel to Abilene in August (did I say that)??

I think you missed my point, that was in support of your cause. LOL. Don't print any team info, if you don't have direct info from a coach, or went to that school directly as a writer. If FNF don't get that info cause the coach didn't submit it, let the locals from that school hear why (next to teams name in preview, state---No info submitted by school). Then, the locals, who-'s lil' Johnnie wasn't mentioned that year, would let the coach know, get your info submitted next time. Wasn't referring to your lil' Johnnies in Argyle, in my prior post. Just in general. Elite programs like Argyle, it would happen (no info submitted) only once IMO, after the home folks let let the HC hear about it.

Aguilafanatico
07-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Come on 0 week!

Eagle8
07-19-2015, 02:56 PM

Love the magazine. Not really a gripe but in Tatum's section there is a ton of kids that are marked as seniors that are sophomores and juniors. We look seriously senior heavy if you go by the magazine lol.

OLE'BULL
07-21-2015, 08:17 AM
I ordered my copy from their online site early last week. Does anybody know when I should be expecting it? Or are they sold out?

Bosqueville
07-22-2015, 07:46 AM
This magazine is like big foot... Does it exist? I hear stories about it.

Aguilafanatico
07-22-2015, 08:43 AM
This magazine is like big foot... Does it exist? I hear stories about it.

:fnypost:

OLE'BULL
07-22-2015, 10:55 AM
I have never read it before, and have never seen it in stores. I haven't ever really looked for it until this year though. I have heard good things about it so I am anxious but still havent received it! Hopefully I get it in the next week or so. I can only read DCTF cover to cover so many times... Well, thats not necessarily true...

buckeyebob
07-22-2015, 07:11 PM
They are in WalMart - Gilmer...up front @ the Fast Lanes

toddg
07-22-2015, 10:34 PM
They are in WalMart - Gilmer...up front @ the Fast Lanes fast lane hogger!

waterboy
07-23-2015, 07:15 AM
They are in WalMart - Gilmer...up front @ the Fast Lanes

"Fast Lanes"? Bwahahahaha..., there ain't no such thing at WalMart!

Now, if you mean on the shelves near the checkout lanes..., yes.

I'll have to get mine over the weekend.

Bosqueville
07-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Got my copy today. Out of the 3 Wal-Mart's in Waco, one had it.

OLE'BULL
07-24-2015, 10:59 AM
After having a couple days to read through it, I am impressed. I like a magazine that is strictly dedicated to high school football. Comparing it to DCTF is hard to do. DCTF will always be the bible in Texas, but FNF will really please the true high school football junkies. They do a couple things different (better) than DCTF. I like that the write ups on each team are much better/longer. The playoff bracket projections at the end of the magazine is awesome! I love to see all the predicted match ups, though Bellville has murderers row after round one!!! I also like how they name so many more players for each school. One thing they did that I have always thought DCTF should do is show all of the head coaching moves throughout the state. There are also plenty of things DCTF does better as well. I wish one or both of them would have an overall recap of each district. I also wish they broke down the regions in more detail. I know it is hard to gather all that information and alot of it depends on the coaches cooperation. FNF is impressive and should continue to improve. I am sold and will be buying it each season from here on out, I wish I would have paid attention to it sooner!

d0tc0m
07-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Finally got around to ordering my copy. Not sure how long it will take to get up here to Missouri, but it said 1-2 weeks. I can't wait to read through it and show the sports folk up here in the Show Me state what a real football preview magazine looks like.

bobcat1
09-10-2015, 05:44 PM
I bet it was alcohol related............. either too much or maybe not enough. Either way, alcohol related. :2thumbsup