PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Tour De France Updates

Phil C
07-06-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm starting this late but I was sidetracked by the Women's World Cup but the contenders are still trying to stay close. They have had an individual time trial and 2 flat stages. It will probably make the big news tonight as there were two terrible crashes today and the race was stopped which is indeed rare. I don't think that some will be able to continue or finish the race which is a real shame.

Those crashes were terrible. Oh the humanity.

:(

Phil C
07-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Germany's Tony Martin wins Stage 4 as he breaks away with about 2 1/2 miles left and it worked.

zebrablue2
07-07-2015, 09:33 PM
About darn time you start this thread! I was about to do it the other day for you, the bright side is football is right around the corner:)

PhiI C
07-07-2015, 10:00 PM
About darn time you start this thread! I was about to do it the other day for you, the bright side is football is right around the corner:)

Indeed yes!

Phil C
07-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Stage 5 ended in a great sprint as expected with Andre Greipel winning the stage. The overall winners settled on keeping status quo of course.
Chris Froome is ahead of the other contenders. He is 1:56 ahead of Nairo Quintana and 1: 38 ahead of last year's winner Vicenzo Nibali. Close behind are Alberto Contador and American Tejay Van Gardener but even though they good I don't think they will hold up to him in the long run. Froome had the most advantage in Stage 3 when the race was stopped with about 20 miles left. The race is his to lose. Just like last year when the winner was decided in Stage 5 it looks like this year's winner will be decided early in Stage 3.
This Tour was expected to be one of the best ones. What a shame.

Saggy Aggie
07-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Awesome crash

Phil C
07-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Today's Stage 6 was won by Zdenek Stybar who broke away with 500 m to go. Froom's main competitors were in a crash near the end but finished with no time lost but these injuries will make it even more of an advantage for him. Unfortunately Tony Martin was injured and may have to abandon the tour. What was thought to be a great and exciting Tour de France is becoming a Tour de Disappointment. :(

Phil C
07-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Today's Stage 8 turned out to be a sprinters' finish and it was won by Mark Cavendish. This was most likely their last chance to win a stage until the ride to Paris.

Phil C
07-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Chris Froom won today's stage and is ahead by almost 3 minutes on his nearest rival.

Phil C
07-14-2015, 10:54 AM
As I thought the race was decided in stage 3. What was thought to be a great race this year has turned to the Tour de Boredom. :(