PDA

View Full Version : Keith Wright named head coach at Ganado again

Scoop27
07-06-2015, 12:43 PM
From Jackson County News
Previous Ganado Athletic Director from 2001 to 2003, Keith Wright will rejoin the Ganado coaching staff as the new Athletic Director and Head Coach.
Retired for four years, Wright will replace Jim Bird, who has made plans to move to Bangs High School after being offered the head position last week.
The Indians had a 32-8 record, three playoff games and a state championship in 2007 during his years at Ganado.
Hired at the Ganado ISD school board meeting on Tuesday night, Wright had intentions of starting on Wednesday, July 1, and begin by hiring a coaching staff.
“I thank you from the bottom of my heart, I try not to get emotional, and just like before I’ll be at work at five in the morning,” Wright said, to the board’s amusement.
“Very seldom does a coach get treated with the respect and dignity that you all did to bring me back here, it made my career worth doing,” Wright added. “I really appreciate what you all have done.”
Ganado had a 3-7 record last season and went 2-3 in the District 15-2A, Division I sector.
Wright played professional football for the Cleveland Browns, has been a head coach for 20 seasons and has an overall record of 155-74 that includes a state championship in Farmersville in 2007.

lostaussie
07-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Keith went to school in Gilmer for a time while his dad was a coach here. Man, that was a long time ago!!!