PDA

View Full Version : Astros are...

slingshot
07-04-2015, 02:39 PM
...*gag* *cough* *choke*... For Real. There, I said it.

Saggy Aggie
07-04-2015, 04:47 PM

They improved 20 games last year and will probably improve another 20 this year.

I don't think this is their year, SP too shaky and counting on too many rookies, but next year could be awesome and the minor leagues is still full of talent.

I'd love to see lowrie come back and take over 3rd base.

In that case, we'd have a lineup that could compete with any in the league.

Starting pitching needs help. It's been Keuchel and that's it. No one else has been consistent beyond him

zebrablue2
07-04-2015, 09:16 PM
They improved 20 games last year and will probably improve another 20 this year.

I don't think this is their year, SP too shaky and counting on too many rookies, but next year could be awesome and the minor leagues is still full of talent.

I'd love to see lowrie come back and take over 3rd base.

In that case, we'd have a lineup that could compete with any in the league.

Starting pitching needs help. It's been Keuchel and that's it. No one else has been consistent beyond him

Consistent enough to own the best record in the AL. What's crazy is the batting avg of the team and the wins they have. Angels will come on strong the second half. May have to make a trade or two to finish. What a surprise they have been to this point!!!

Tejastrue
07-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Let's see how it unwinds toward the end of the season..but if I have to say it now..Go Stros!!

carter08
07-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Consistent enough to own the best record in the AL. What's crazy is the batting avg of the team and the wins they have. Angels will come on strong the second half. May have to make a trade or two to finish. What a surprise they have been to this point!!!

With a team this young & with some good players still on their way to the majors, I'm not sure I'm ready to go the whole "trade prospects for short term success" route. This team has the potential to be good for a long time with all this youth. I don't want to start trading until--possibly--next season. I know the flaw in that logic is that it doesn't account for possible regression next year, but abandoning the system that has led this team to get progressively better since they tore the team apart seems flawed.

Unless we can give up prospects that aren't in the long term plan for some pitching.

zebrablue2
07-11-2015, 12:29 PM

I am thinking bout moving this thread:) ever since it came up, and I made the comment about hitting, they are on a losing streak from HELL! I agree on the not getting rid of the good prospects, losing springer was BAD. Getting Jed back will help heal some wounds!!! Go Stros!!!!!!!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
07-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Astros offense has been atrocious since springer went down

GUNHO
07-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Out of first place by 1/2 game.Lost their last six games.This is their pattern at the all star break in the past. Point is they really start getting bad at this point in previous years.BUT.This is a lot better team than in the past,they have proved that.Lets see if they can still make a run this next half.

zebrablue2
07-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Out of first place by 1/2 game.Lost their last six games.This is their pattern at the all star break in the past. Point is they really start getting bad at this point in previous years.BUT.This is a lot better team than in the past,they have proved that.Lets see if they can still make a run this next half.

Back in the 90's to 2005 the 2ed half was their strong point! Hope that happens again in 2015, go Astros............