PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Week's Region 4 games

Matthew328
11-20-2002, 08:26 AM
Division I
Burnet-Wharton: on paper it looks like mismatch..11-0 vs 7-4..but don't count Wharton out...when they are playing well they can play with just about anyone...but Burnet is a cut above 99% of the teams in the state...I think Wharton hangs around but Burnet is too strong...Burnet by 12

Sinton-LaFeria: Last year was 67-13...it won't be that bad this year but this is a mismatch...Sinton by 42

Division II
Liberty Hill-Yoakum: LH hasn't been stellar the last few weeks and Yoakum really seems to be coming on as they beat up on a pretty good Edna squad last week....I think LH steps it up some this week but Yoakum could very well be on their way to a regional tittle...Yoakum by 14

CC West Oso-Orange Grove: OG got a playoff win for 31-3A by blowing out Raymondville...can they keep it up? I don't think so...West Oso gets overlooked by Sinton and AP but they aren't a bad team...I think they roll....West Oso by 24

Bandera-Rice Consolidated: maybe the best matchup in R4 D2...Hicks ripped unbeaten LaVernia's secodary apart last week in leading the Bulldogs....RC is a speedy and scrappy bunch who has really turned it on..this one is a barn burner..I like RC's speed in this one..I think they can matchup with Bandera's recivers and make a big play late...RC by 6

Aransass Pass-Pt Isabel: PI continues on its march to garner statewide respect for the Valley while AP and Tommy Blake look to roll into round 3...Cotulla keyed on Blake but Corey Hale made em pay...who will PI try and slow down?? PI is a speedy bunch who flies to the ball on D...This will be a tight one but I think Tommy Blake has a big day this week and leads AP to a win..AP by 9

Hannibal
11-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Hope you're right with those picks. It would be nice to see all three teams from 30-3A in the third round!