PDA

View Full Version : Wylie fumbles

whsfan
09-29-2002, 10:30 AM
The newspaper indicated that Wylie fumbled the ball 5 times against Sweetwater. I don't know how they came up with just 5. By my count the ball hit the ground 4 times in the first half and improved to only 3 dropped balls in the second half. Now I give Sweetwater credit for playing hard and causing some of the fumbles. But this is game 5 and we have been increasing every week. We lost 3 critical turnovers in the Aledo game and put the ball on the ground several times last week against Graham. Something is wrong! We are just repeatedly giving away the ball. What a way to play the game. Again congrats to Sweetwater for making it happen. Wylie it's time to go to work and make it happen. eek!

FBFAN
09-29-2002, 01:50 PM
Definitely agree with the "fumbleitis" problems! Tailback and Fullback are having troubles in the last 3 games holding on to it, and the receivers are having trouble catching a lot of "catchable" balls. After their open date next Friday, the Bulldogs will no doubt have a much easier time, as the District will not be as strong overall as in previous years. Hopefully these problems will take care of themselves, but it's still discouraging to see this repeated problem. Without the fumbles one could argue that the Bulldogs could be 5-0. Aledo has gone on and proven to be a great 4A Team this year, and Sweetwater really played as though they wanted it worse than Wylie did last Friday night. Congrats to the Mustangs and good luck in your District play!

wildstangs
09-29-2002, 02:15 PM
I didnt realize they were fumbling so much this year. The 3 fumbles right in a row killed the bulldogs Friday night. Looked to me like they just rolled over and died after that. But hey, with the non district schedule they played, district will look like a cake walk for the Dawgs. Good luck Wylie.

Excel94
09-29-2002, 02:50 PM
First of all I want to congratulate Sweetwater on a big win against Wylie. The Mustangs have a very good team and knew how to capitalize on Wylie's mistakes. It was a good clean game. I respect the Sweetwater team and wish them great sucess in district.
Now to the fumbling part. I agree with you guys on this problem. I can understand that football players are going to fumble from time to time. This Wylie team has fumbled the ball 18 times in 5 games. It has now become a HUGE problem that the coaches need to address with some
consequences. Maybe they need to watch "Remember the Titans" and learn from coach Herman Boone "you fumble my football boy, you run a mile". I have watched the game films and we have boys out there who are not carrying the ball correctly. They need to protect it as if they had a tiny child in their arms. Now either they start protecting the football or get some players in there that will or else this is going to be the death of the Wylie offense. I don't care how easy everyone thinks district will be for Wylie, if you keep giving the other team the ball inside the 40 they will take advantage of it.

whsfan
10-13-2002, 08:50 PM
Wylie did a much better job of not fumbling the ball away this week in the game against Clyde. I only counted four dropped balls this game and none resulted in a turnover. In the end the final success of this team my very well ride on not dropping the football.