PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Distict 15 DII Clubhouse

YTBulldogs
06-18-2015, 08:44 PM
How's this one SintonFan_inAustin?

YTBulldogs
06-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Another season upon us. Good luck to all, here we go. I look forward to the FNF projections. I don't see much change, just more detail info of the district mates hopefully. They do a good job with the smaller teams. DC more about metro and college now days.

DCTF D15-D2 predicted order of finish (district).

1. Sinton
2. Cuero
3. Yoakum
4. Ingleside
5. Jourdanton

And, Dave's predicted 4A-D2 Top 20.

1. West Orange-Stark
2. Gilmer
3. La Grange
4. Celina
5. Gladewater
6. Sinton
7. Cuero
8. Tatum
9. Sweetwater
10. Atlanta
11. Coldspring
12. La Marque
13. Bellville
14. Navarro
15. Monahans
16. Orange Grove
17. Wimberley
18. Giddings
19. Hardin-Jefferson
20. Yoakum

pirate4state
06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
We are 2 months, 9 days, 6 hours and 12 minutes from Pirate football!!!! :D

YTBulldogs
06-19-2015, 01:35 PM
We are 2 months, 9 days, 6 hours and 12 minutes from Pirate football!!!! :D

:thumbsup: We've started already.

iFootball
06-19-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't see how Cuero is ranked so high. I also disagree with the district finishes. I think it will be
1. Sinton
2. Yoakum
3. Cuero

bd62
06-20-2015, 01:30 AM
I don't see how Cuero is ranked so high. I also disagree with the district finishes. I think it will be
1. Sinton
2. Yoakum
3. Cuero

Cuero will have very strong lines on both sides of ball. Also Zach Hopkins will be a beast at LB. They will have several RB with good
speed. Like every team in dist they will have a new QB. Hopely Lamond Lafond will be ready after arm problems late in baseball. He is a top
candidate for QB and excellent on defense. Great competior . The 3 H's will be missed in this dist. What a joy to watch those 3 guys the last several
Yrs. Those type of kids don't come around very often. Great talent and even more important great kids. As far as the top 3 teams I think it will be another
Great battle for top 3 places .Yoakum-Cuero will be another barn burner as its been for last 4 yrs. So it's a toss up in my opinion .

iFootball
06-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Kids told me LaFond might not play next year because of baseball. Tall kid Freshman, Taylor is his mother's name, was moved up end of last year but didn't get many if any snaps at QB. Saw another lower class man playing in the fourth quarter at the rio Hondo game last year but can't remember his name. I read Martinez could be moved to quarterback. Cuero lost its offensive work horse in DAnthony. If the defense can stay constant, it may give time for the offense to click.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-20-2015, 10:36 PM
D15 should have little to no trouble dispatching D16 in the 1st round this year. The only team that may give a D15 rep fits is Rio Hondo. They will be pretty stout as they return most of their team. Orange Grove has Hondo Harris for his Sr. year so there's that. Raymondville will most likely be 3rd. It's between West Oso and Port Isabel for 4th, IMO.

YTBulldogs
06-20-2015, 11:44 PM
D15 should have little to no trouble dispatching D16 in the 1st round this year. The only team that may give a D15 rep fits is Rio Hondo. They will be pretty stout as they return most of their team. Orange Grove has Hondo Harris for his Sr. year so there's that. Raymondville will most likely be 3rd. It's between West Oso and Port Isabel for 4th, IMO.

I recall Raymondville being the biggest team we faced last year. Slow, but--they were huge. Took awhile to get them.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-21-2015, 03:49 PM
I recall Raymondville being the biggest team we faced last year. Slow, but--they were huge. Took awhile to get them.

Raymondville returns that size too, but lost most of their skill position players.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Raymondville returns that size too, but lost most of their skill position players.
Breakdown in starting returners from DC magazine

DC has D15 D2:
Sinton with 7 off/ 7 def starters returning.
Cuero with 6 off/ 6 def starters returning
Yoakum with 4 off/ 4 def starters returning
Ingleside with 4 off/ 4 def starters returning
Jourdanton with 6 off/ 6 def starters returning

DC has D16 D2:
Orange Grove with 4 off/ 6 def starters returning
Rio Hondo with 3 off/ 6 def starters returning
Port Isabel with 5 off/ 5 def starters returning
Raymondville with 2 off/ 3 def starters returning
West Oso with 7 off/ 7 def starters returning
Progreso with 6 off/10 def starters returning

SintonFan_inAustin
06-21-2015, 05:22 PM
How's this one SintonFan_inAustin?Great, thanks :)

SintonFan_inAustin
06-21-2015, 05:24 PM
1. Sinton
2. Yoakum
3. CueroThose 3 could be in any order this season or tied at the end of the season again. Could come down to which team replaces the qb position better.

pirate4state
06-22-2015, 11:59 AM
:thumbsup: We've started already.

Cheaters!
I kid.
Our kids have been working hard in the weight room and 7-on-7.

Plus, it helps they played 5 extra games last season!

Countdown to KICKOFF is 2 months, 6 days, 7 hours and 30 minutes away :nerd:

YTBulldogs
06-22-2015, 01:58 PM
Countdown to KICKOFF is 2 months, 6 days, 7 hours and 30 minutes away :nerd:

:wave:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-22-2015, 11:19 PM
DC has D16 D2:
Port Isabel with 5 off/ 5 def starters returning

It's actually 4 and 4. I have heard that PI's QB from last season (and also LB) left the team to concentrate on baseball.

YTBulldogs
06-23-2015, 07:38 AM
If we can get a few more youngeons (first time to varsity) to buy into being a sharing team player and get out of their "I was the stud in sub-varsity" mindset, Yoakum very well can be deep run successful again this season. Without question, they are athletes. If not, our best year's are two to three years away, after they understand "team" concept. And, I predict those years (2016-2017) will be at the 3A level after the next re-alignment. Regardless, they should go 2 deep in the playoffs this season. If all get on board, continue working hard as they have started this summer till 2-a-days and grasp the new offense/defense, who knows how far they go into playoffs. I'm excited to see Bo's hard nosed defense really. That's been our Achilles heel for a while. Too me, that will determine how far we go this season.

Good measuring stick early will be the East Bernard, LaGrange non-district games. EB will determine how tough and discipline we are, and LG will show if we have the endurance to compete with other speed athletes.

Note: Coach Robinson has never lost to a slot-T team too. I think his knowledge on how to defend it, could be very important in the playoff's, should we match up with a very talented Navarro team. Granted, if the kid's don't execute his game plan, it's meaningless.

Blue42
06-25-2015, 01:22 AM
Kids told me LaFond might not play next year because of baseball. Tall kid Freshman, Taylor is his mother's name, was moved up end of last year but didn't get many if any snaps at QB. Saw another lower class man playing in the fourth quarter at the rio Hondo game last year but can't remember his name. I read Martinez could be moved to quarterback. Cuero lost its offensive work horse in DAnthony. If the defense can stay constant, it may give time for the offense to click.
The QB in the 4th quarter is my youngest son Drew he turned 15 a few weeks back still young has some growing to do but his arm is strong and he throws a good deep ball.

bd62
06-25-2015, 07:50 AM
If we can get a few more youngeons (first time to varsity) to buy into being a sharing team player and get out of their "I was the stud in sub-varsity" mindset, Yoakum very well can be deep run successful again this season. Without question, they are athletes. If not, our best year's are two to three years away, after they understand "team" concept. And, I predict those years (2016-2017) will be at the 3A level after the next re-alignment. Regardless, they should go 2 deep in the playoffs this season. If all get on board, continue working hard as they have started this summer till 2-a-days and grasp the new offense/defense, who knows how far they go into playoffs. I'm excited to see Bo's hard nosed defense really. That's been our Achilles heel for a while. Too me, that will determine how far we go this season.

Good measuring stick early will be the East Bernard, LaGrange non-district games. EB will determine how tough and discipline we are, and LG will show if we have the endurance to compete with other speed athletes.

Note: Coach Robinson has never lost to a slot-T team too. I think his knowledge on how to defend it, could be very important in the playoff's, should we match up with a very talented Navarro team. Granted, if the kid's don't execute his game plan, it's meaningless.
Yoakum been right on border line of dropping to 3a the last 3 alignments. I personally think and hope they in 4a due to the strong rivals which is good for there program . They been very successful in 4A and with the kids coming that should continue.i just hope that there more than 5 teams in dist. I believe every dist should have at least 6 teams. 4a has allways had the lowest amount of teams. Having 240 in 6a and 225 in 5a then putting shaft to 4a with only 192 is a really not right. Even 3a has more than 4a . As I heard before UIL Does not care about kicking 4A around and that's a shame because 4a has some special towns with great community support . I feel strong that 4a allways gets the shaft. That's my take and lots of people feel the same as me.

YTBulldogs
06-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Yoakum been right on border line of dropping to 3a the last 3 alignments. I personally think and hope they in 4a due to the strong rivals which is good for there program . They been very successful in 4A and with the kids coming that should continue.

I agree, but--being the smallest team by a handful of kids in tough district's over them years, takes it's toll after awhile, regardless if Yoakum been more successful than not with the big boy's. I wanna see them finally be a bigger school in a classification for a few years. They've paid their dues.

LV_Bearfan
06-25-2015, 12:22 PM
The D will be there no doubt by season end. I predict some early turmoil/controversy on offense right out of the box. If the right changes are made by mid-season, Yoakum has a chance. If not, it'll be very long season.

YTBulldogs
06-25-2015, 01:26 PM
The D will be there no doubt by season end. I predict some early turmoil/controversy on offense right out of the box. If the right changes are made by mid-season, Yoakum has a chance. If not, it'll be very long season.

2 deep minimum regardless.

44INAROW
06-25-2015, 01:53 PM
the previous thread (from early 2014) is gone.. no one did anything wrong - I was requested to get rid of it to avoid confusion.. :crazy:

bd62
06-25-2015, 03:37 PM

Wow that quite a statement. I know you don't know Yoakum talent so it got to be Coaching decision on who playing a certain position . It not a controversy on type of offense because that's a coach decision and Yoakum knew going in a new offense would be used. I guess we will have to wait and see what you mean . My best guess is a decision on QB position . I would hope Bo would play the best guy at each position. He did not have that kind of record at Lavernia without playing the best guys at each
position.

YTBulldogs
06-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Wow that quite a statement. I know you don't know Yoakum talent so it got to be Coaching decision on who playing a certain position . It not a controversy on type of offense because that's a coach decision and Yoakum knew going in a new offense would be used. I guess we will have to wait and see what you mean . My best guess is a decision on QB position . I would hope Bo would play the best guy at each position. He did not have that kind of record at Lavernia without playing the best guys at each
position.

:thumbsup: And, their all progressing great during 7on7. Just have fun is the goal, while learning some new stuff. They'll be fine.

bd62
06-25-2015, 04:26 PM
I agree, but--being the smallest team by a handful of kids in tough district's over them years, takes it's toll after awhile, regardless if Yoakum been more successful than not with the big boy's. I wanna see them finally be a bigger school in a classification for a few years. They've paid their dues.

I think Yoakum kids love the dist Rivaly they have with Cuero and if they stay with Sinton that will grow.
It's very possible that Cuero-Yoakum will met twice more frequent with the new dist set up.(12,000 fans again)
Yoakum had lot of talented athletes last yr. and many more next several yrs. I agree with YK on min. of 2 deep 2015and if they
can quickly adjust to Bo's new system they have potential to play again for QF.
Refugio dropped a level and coach said he was now the big fish but met a tough Mason team that knocked them out before Semi's At the higher level they played in SC game 2 out There last 3 yrs.

LV_Bearfan
06-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Yes. Hopefully, it all works out and it happens as you stated. I'll be following Yoakum from afar. Bo puts a tough team on the field. You'll enjoy that much for sure.

bd62
06-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Yes. Hopefully, it all works out and it happens as you stated. I'll be following Yoakum from afar. Bo puts a tough team on the field. You'll enjoy that much for sure.

Yoakum needs that toughness. Giving up 30 points average per game want work ever yr because averaging 40 per game does not happen every yr unless there another Tre'Vontee Hights in the wings. Special kid for sure.

bd62
06-25-2015, 10:46 PM
:thumbsup: And, their all progressing great during 7on7. Just have fun is the goal, while learning some new stuff. They'll be fine.

Victoria Advocate had a nice article on Yoakum 7 on 7 qualifying for State Tourney at Burnet meet written by Mike Foreman.
First team in Victoria area. To quality. Nice pictures and comments from players and coaches. Roster had 4 srs and 11 underclass men.

YTBulldogs
06-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Victoria Advocate had a nice article on Yoakum 7 on 7 qualifying for State Tourney at Burnet meet written by Mike Foreman.
First team in Victoria area. To quality. Nice pictures and comments from players and coaches. Roster had 4 srs and 11 underclass men.
Young and fun this year bd. Get the talented youngeons believing, anythings possible. Should be an exciting next few years.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Looking forward to Mark Villarreal with another great year on offense and defense http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2747075/highlights/253441382/v2

PurplePop
06-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Navarro fan here. I went to the Sinton-Cuero game last year on our off weak. I was super-impressed with Villareal. He was the third best athlete on the field behind Handson (sp?) and Hopkins. My take on the big three in D-15 is hardly unique but here goes: All three teams have to reinvent themselves on offense, but Sinton has the best football player on both sides of the ball in Villareal. Sinton will return a strong D, which will be a notch above Cuero and Yoakum. Cuero has more size than Yoakum. So:
(1) Sinton
(2) Cuero
(3) Yoakum

SintonFan_inAustin
06-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Navarro fan here. I went to the Sinton-Cuero game last year on our off weak. I was super-impressed with Villareal. He was the third best athlete on the field behind Handson (sp?) and Hopkins. My take on the big three in D-15 is hardly unique but here goes: All three teams have to reinvent themselves on offense, but Sinton has the best football player on both sides of the ball in Villareal. Sinton will return a strong D, which will be a notch above Cuero and Yoakum. Cuero has more size than Yoakum. So:
(1) Sinton
(2) Cuero
(3) YoakumHe'll have plenty of playmakers from last season to help him out, qb position is the one area Sinton loses a playmaker but I think they have that cover for this upcoming season.

GobblersUnite
06-30-2015, 07:01 PM
The O and D lines are as tough and athletic as I've seen here and great depth. Martinez has taken the snaps at QB this 7 on 7 season. He will be a huge dual threat with good speed and instincts. Mathis, Hopkins, Miles and Williams along with Martinez in the backfield could pose alot of problems. The tall Taylor kid had been lining up at WR. Should be fun to watch and see how all this develops on the field.

Snotbubbles
07-01-2015, 09:19 AM
The O and D lines are as tough and athletic as I've seen here and great depth. Martinez has taken the snaps at QB this 7 on 7 season. He will be a huge dual threat with good speed and instincts. Mathis, Hopkins, Miles and Williams along with Martinez in the backfield could pose alot of problems. The tall Taylor kid had been lining up at WR. Should be fun to watch and see how all this develops on the field.

GU, think the Grant kid will make varsity, or take him awhile to develop for this level?

GobblersUnite
07-01-2015, 11:53 AM
GU, think the Grant kid will make varsity, or take him awhile to develop for this level?
I think he and the Whittington kid may but the both struggled a bit in the secondary during 7 on 7 from what I saw. But they are good sized kids with some wheels. Maybe the struggles came from seeing varsity competition for the first time. If they can find some swagger when the pads come on...they could help alot...watch out

YTBulldogs
08-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Well, how first day of pads look D15? All looked like Joe Montana, JJ Watts in shorts. Donning them pads, separated things out, like normal. Love the attitude and effort around camp though. Slow and steady building usable depth will be key for the OL. Numbers low this year. 79 came out. Likely combining 9th and JV and create A&B teams.

Change this year over past, no Blue/White Saturday scrimmage in morning. Media day, then special teams practice instead.

Old Green
08-07-2015, 01:41 PM
I think he and the Whittington kid may but the both struggled a bit in the secondary during 7 on 7 from what I saw. But they are good sized kids with some wheels. Maybe the struggles came from seeing varsity competition for the first time. If they can find some swagger when the pads come on...they could help alot...watch outHe may be used as a RB too.

Blue42
08-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Val the Miles kid is back also.

Old Green
08-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Val the Miles kid is back also.Thats what I heard yesterday from Jordon's dad. He'll add speed at WR.

Blue42
08-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Thats what I heard yesterday from Jordon's dad. He'll add speed at WR.

Yep
Bad news today Zack H injured 1st day with pads hope its not bad but it didn't look good.

sinfan75
08-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Sinton might actually have a pretty good defense this year!!

Old Green
08-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Yep
Bad news today Zack H injured 1st day with pads hope its not bad but it didn't look good.Hate to hear that. Hope it's not serious.

GobblersUnite
08-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Just hyper extended his knee a little from what he told me at the scrimmage today. Doesn't sound major.

Old Green
08-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Just hyper extended his knee a little from what he told me at the scrimmage today. Doesn't sound major.That's good to hear.

bd62
08-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Blue- Drew did at good job at QB. He grown a lot since I last saw him. Can't believe Tanner a Freshman . He told me they will have 2 Freshmen Teams. Cuero program has a bright future. Impressed with Varsity quickness on Defense . Those Linemen are really good on both side of ball.

Blue42
08-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Blue- Drew did at good job at QB. He grown a lot since I last saw him. Can't believe Tanner a Freshman . He told me they will have 2 Freshmen Teams. Cuero program has a bright future. Impressed with Varsity quickness on Defense . Those Linemen are really good on both side of ball.

Thanks Bob Drew is very excited to have the opportunity at this time and is working as hard as I have ever seen him. They had 2 freshmen teams last year also hopefully the numbers will continue to grow. I checked my schedule and will have a chance to watch Tanner at least 2 games this year. I moved to a different department at work and have a lot more time off (Thank God). Hope you and all of yours are doing well I’m sure we will meet up soon great to have super fans like you and your family behind our kids. Also found out that Zac H injury was not as bad as it looked he should be back in 2 weeks or so. Looking forward to the new season and cooler weather.
Go Mean Green!

Footballfan2000
08-14-2015, 04:16 PM
So who's everyone scrimmaging for their first scrimmage?

YTBulldogs
08-14-2015, 06:15 PM
So who's everyone scrimmaging for their first scrimmage?

#1 Bellville there Saturday, Aug 15th

#2 Refugio and Sam Houston here (3-way) next Friday, Aug 21st.

GobblersUnite
08-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Do you have the authorities notified...Refugio there lol

bd62
08-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Last yr in Refugio I understand they finally stopped the scrimmage because of extra activities after whistle. Bo probably got SH there in case Refugio causes problems again he can say OK SH go get them. Lol . Knowing a couple of the Yoakum players it was not all Refugio fault. Yoakum folks know who they are. I hear Bo is working hard to change that type of attitude because it hurts the team. Don't have Tre'Voante to bail them out. Kid had a Great attitude that effected most of the kids in a positive way.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Speaking of "extra activities", I just heard of an incident with Ingleside vs. Alice where an Ingleside player cheap shotted the Alice QB 5-yards out of bounds. The QB broke his leg and is out for the season.

When my Alice friends on Facebook open up their messages to me with "*** INGLESIDE RUINED OUR SEASON ALREADY" it was safe to say something pretty serious went down.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Sinton 6'2" sophomore qb Colt Gorman looks like he might be ready this season he looked pretty good out there in todays scrimmage as he got majority of the snaps scoring once on a run and threw for one td. Sinton defense look good out there especially DE Robert Knox he was tearing it up.

Scrimmage overall was Sinton 2 Kingsville 1 as Kingsville scored on last play of the scrimmage on a 4th and goal.

Good scrimmage. Next up for Sinton is Odem Owls, should test Sinton secondary in that one.

99IHSMustang
08-14-2015, 10:43 PM
Speaking of "extra activities", I just heard of an incident with Ingleside vs. Alice where an Ingleside player cheap shotted the Alice QB 5-yards out of bounds. The QB broke his leg and is out for the season.

When my Alice friends on Facebook open up their messages to me with "*** INGLESIDE RUINED OUR SEASON ALREADY" it was safe to say something pretty serious went down.

I was hoping to hear that no one got hurt, but this is not good news. If the coaches review the film and determine it was a cheap shot then action needs to be taken. That is not acceptable.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-14-2015, 11:35 PM
I was hoping to hear that no one got hurt, but this is not good news. If the coaches review the film and determine it was a cheap shot then action needs to be taken. That is not acceptable.

My Alice friends are trying to obtain film of the incident to show me, as it happened on the Alice side of the field so the Ingleside folks may not be fully aware of it. But according to someone who had a clear view of the incident from the stands, the Alice QB was 5 yards out of bounds, and the Ingleside player speared the QB right at his knees helmet first.

Soon as I see that film I'll be able to tell you more. But it has been confirmed that the QB suffered a season ending injury due to the hit. Broken fibula.

bluecat
08-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Sure hope its not the same ingleside player who took a cheapshot and broke the Orange Grove QB Hondo Harris"s leg in the first round playoff game last year. If they have the proof the kid could be held liable, or at least expelled for the rest of the year.

Footballfan2000
08-22-2015, 01:23 PM
So who's replacing ur QB this season?

bluecat
08-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Looks like it will be Mike Garcia, he was the JV QB his soph year before getting moved to the secondary.

Footballfan2000
09-21-2015, 03:35 PM
District is around the corner about time to open the clubhouse again.

Blue42
09-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Was a tough week for the Gobblers having to face PLC at their place and 5 of our two way starters out (yes that’s like 10 starters). Should have some back this week and hopefully all back by District. Just wish we were at full strength when we played PLC hate losing to them even though their school is almost 3 times the size of Cuero. PLC coach has got them on the right track I remember when I was in school they struggled to win any game.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2015, 10:19 PM
getting closer to district part of the season, couple of more weeks of non district

bd62
09-22-2015, 03:13 AM
The Brooks kid from Yoakum had to take over at QB after a injury to Josh Moore . Brooks did a great job 2 half and lead Yoakum to 28 point . He was freshman QB last yr and had not taken a snap at QB all yr. he was on relay teams with the Moore twins last yr and the kid has excellent speed. Just needs some reps. Before dist starts. Between him and Jordan Moore they had close to 300 yds rushing and 28 points second half against Luling .

YTBulldogs
09-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Tyron did well for his first go at QB this year. I like the mixing it up and letting them all have a go at a position to see what they can and cannot do, when the games matter. Both sides of the ball has seen numerous players in there. When you don't have the numbers, you better create depth and see who can give your starters a breather for a few series in the game. Next re-alignment will be very interesting. Especially with this soph. class. Be nice to be a larger program in a classification than always just barely making it into a higher classification. Last 3 or four UIL re-alignments, we just did make it into a higher classification by handful of kid's, as I recall.

99IHSMustang
09-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Ingleside is struggling early and often. Tough to see them fighting for a playoff spot.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Ingleside is struggling early and often. Tough to see them fighting for a playoff spot.with the outcomes tonight the seeding is set.

1.Sinton
2.Cuero
3.Yoakum
4.Ingleside

Sinton clinches its 8th straight district title, can claim it outright with a win or Cuero loss next Friday.

They're can be a 3 way tie for 2nd but Ingleside losses to Yoakum and Cuero moves them to 4th seed and Cuero win over Yoakum gets them the 2nd seed and Yoakum the 3rd seed.

D16 vs D15 (winner of Raymondville/Port Isabel game gets the 3rd seed and loser 4th seed)

D15 R Cuero vs D16 T Raymondville/Port Isabel winner
D15 T Yoakum vs D16 R Rio Hondo

D15 F Ingleside vs D16 W Orange Grove
D15 W Sinton vs D16 F Raymondville/Port Isabel loser

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-30-2015, 10:28 PM
So..... Yoakum folks!

After this season, what do you all have returning from this year's team? I'm asking because there's a pretty darn good chance y'all gonna drop down to 3A, and if'n y'all are returning a bunch, Yoakum might be considered a strong contender for a R4 Championship run in 3A DI

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2015, 10:29 PM
So..... Yoakum folks!

After this season, what do you all have returning from this year's team? I'm asking because there's a pretty darn good chance y'all gonna drop down to 3A, and if'n y'all are returning a bunch, Yoakum might be considered a strong contender for a R4 Championship run in 3A DITheyre young and so is Cuero.

bd62
10-30-2015, 10:59 PM
So..... Yoakum folks!

After this season, what do you all have returning from this year's team? I'm asking because there's a pretty darn good chance y'all gonna drop down to 3A, and if'n y'all are returning a bunch, Yoakum might be considered a strong contender for a R4 Championship run in 3A DI

Yoakum is a very young team. They have 7 Sophs. that start.and another soph that gets lots of playing time. Brooks at QB and the Moore twins are Sophs. They will have 7 starter back on both sides of ball plus several others that have lots of playing time. JV was 9-1 so some help coming from that group Should have bright future it they keeping working hard. 3A in our area is very tough so if they go down it will not be easy by a long shoot.
Cuero is also very young starting 2 freshman and many soph and jrs. They will be a force to reckon with in R-4 for next several yrs

bluecat
10-31-2015, 02:07 PM
So..... Yoakum folks!

Naw, Yoakum has been at the 440 enrollment for decades and will petition to stay in the same district. The last time Yoakum dropped down a classification was in the 1976-77 seasons and the dogs went qtr & semi-final games in those two years.

bd62
10-31-2015, 02:35 PM
Naw, Yoakum has been at the 440 enrollment for decades and will petition to stay in the same district. The last time Yoakum dropped down a classification was in the 1976-77 seasons and the dogs went qtr & semi-final games in those two years.

They were 469 2 yrs ago and cutoff was 464. If they are in 3A range they will go down to 3A according to everyone I talked to from Yoakum.

YTBulldogs
10-31-2015, 04:15 PM
If they are in 3A range they will go down to 3A according to everyone I talked to from Yoakum.

True bd, we have served our time at being the smallest school in a classification. Get a few years as one of the largest within one much needed. Of course, UIL can change those figures and mess up a good made plan. Granted, likes of H'ville, Edna, East Bernard, Yoe to name a few, no easy task. But, helps us numbers wise for a change. We did our tour of duty being the smallest for last several re-alignments.

YT be very exciting team next 2-4 years with talent they have at several positions. Amazing. Be nice, if they decide to play all 4 quarters these playoff's like they did last night. First game, they played all 4Q's. They're getting the hang of it I think. And, kinda like the feeling. Appears they get Rio Hondo in round 1, before one of states best in Navarro in rd 2. Good thing, they have played and held their own against some other quality teams. Took a few to OT too.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2015, 11:41 PM

Well, District 16 is going to be going through some changes. Rumor has it both Progreso and Raymondville will be dropping down to 3A. With the teams remaining (OG, PI, RH, West Oso) and put in the coastal bend teams (Sinton, Ingleside) and now Aransas Pass may be high enough to jump up to 4A, so toss them in too. That's a solid 7-team district there.

So if Yoakum petitions to remain in 4A, you'll be in a different district for sure.

iFootball
11-01-2015, 09:52 AM
District 15 could split. Yoakum with 431.5 and waiting on Cuero but their enrollment was 664 last year and with a big freshman class that came it should be about the same if not a bit higher.

I thinking Aransas Pass, Sinton, and Ingleside will stay District 15. Goliad had an increase of enrollment at the beginning of the year and they could possible jump up. That could possibly send Cuero back down to that area with Goliad but I'm betting Cuero goes north with with Navarro, Wimberley and that district.

If Yoakum goes down to 3A, I'm guessing Yoakum, Hallettsville, East Bernard, Edna and possibly Rice Con.

I don't know... UIL does some crazy things.

iFootball
11-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Well, District 16 is going to be going through some changes. Rumor has it both Progreso and Raymondville will be dropping down to 3A. With the teams remaining (OG, PI, RH, West Oso) and put in the coastal bend teams (Sinton, Ingleside) and now Aransas Pass may be high enough to jump up to 4A, so toss them in too. That's a solid 7-team district there.

So if Yoakum petitions to remain in 4A, you'll be in a different district for sure.

Hopefully there will be enough teams in Region 4 Div 2 to make a 6/7 team district for all four districts. Districts 13, 14, and 15 all have 5 teams right now. District 16 is the only one with 6 teams.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Hopefully there will be enough teams in Region 4 Div 2 to make a 6/7 team district for all four districts. Districts 13, 14, and 15 all have 5 teams right now. District 16 is the only one with 6 teams.

There will probably be some current R3 teams that will be R4 next season. Quite possibly Bellville, Columbus, Brookshire Royal, Sweeny. I doubt the UIL will be giving out any BYEs in the playoffs for anyone at the 4A level and they'll do as much shuffling around as needed to get it done.

YTBulldogs
11-01-2015, 10:34 AM

That will not happen (petitioning) I assure you. Not a matter of the district, matter of after a while, being the smallest takes it's toll. We'd be competitive regardless, but -- so hard year in and year out. Need a breather. I recall the Tarp's being a big classification once a few years back. Ya'll had like 33 seniors on the team, to our 6.

Dawgfan64
11-01-2015, 11:01 AM

Believe me when I say that if our numbers fall into 3A...there will be no petitioning. Too many years as one of the smallest teams in our classification. It would NOT surprise me if UIL did something weird with the numbers though.

iFootball
11-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Believe me when I say that if our numbers fall into 3A...there will be no petitioning. Too many years as one of the smallest teams in our classification. It would NOT surprise me if UIL did something weird with the numbers though.

Even with small numbers Yoakum has some darn good athletes and competes hard against those "big schools"

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Region IV Championship game appearances since 1980 for old 3a now 4a
1. Cuero Gobblers ------------------------12
2. Sinton Pirates --------------------------11
3. Port Isabel ------------------------------05
3. Wimberley ------------------------------05
3. Sweeny ----------------------------------05
3. La Grange -------------------------------05
7. Burnet -----------------------------------04
8. Ingleside ---------------------------------03
8. Liberty Hill -------------------------------03
8. Bellville ----------------------------------03
8. Hondo ------------------------------------03
8. Bandera ----------------------------------03
8. Sealy -------------------------------------03
14. Mathis -----------------------------------02
14. La Vernia --------------------------------02
14. West Columbia --------------------------02
14. Gonzales ---------------------------------02
14. Yoakum ----------------------------------02
14. Pleasanton -------------------------------02
14. George West -----------------------------02
15. Rest tied with 1 22 teams.

Final 4 in this region my predictions are:
Cuero vs Yoakum
Sinton vs Orange Grove (matchup most wanted to see last season in coastal bend)

PurplePop
11-01-2015, 06:38 PM
I like these lists, but something looked wrong for Liberty Hill. Liberty Hill has 5 Reg. Finals since '01 with 2 State Champ.; Bellville - 5 since '01; Wimberley - 5 since '01 with 2 State Champ.; Giddings - 4 since '01.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2015, 06:41 PM
I like these lists, but something looked wrong for Liberty Hill. Liberty Hill has 5 Reg. Finals since '01 with 2 State Champ.; Bellville - 5 since '01; Wimberley - 5 since '01 with 2 State Champ.; Giddings - 4 since '01.Region IV, they've been in other regions reason for that, they've won while in other regions also.

Sinton has 8 region iv championship games since 2000.

PurplePop
11-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Region IV, they've been in other regions reason for that, they've won while in other regions also.

Sinton has 8 region iv championship games since 2000.

Oh, got it. Really do like getting the history.

bd62
11-03-2015, 10:36 AM
District 15 could split. Yoakum with 431.5 and waiting on Cuero but their enrollment was 664 last year and with a big freshman class that came it should be about the same if not a bit higher.

I thinking Aransas Pass, Sinton, and Ingleside will stay District 15. Goliad had an increase of enrollment at the beginning of the year and they could possible jump up. That could possibly send Cuero back down to that area with Goliad but I'm betting Cuero goes north with with Navarro, Wimberley and that district.

If Yoakum goes down to 3A, I'm guessing Yoakum, Hallettsville, East Bernard, Edna and possibly Rice Con.

I don't know... UIL does some crazy things.
East Bernard turned in 313 so they should stay 3AD2. They could add Yoakum to Dist 15 3A D1 to make it a 6 team dist. But like you said UIL does crazy things. I hope they have at least 6 teams in each dist. No excuse having 250 schools in 5A and 190 combined both divisions in 4A. And. Few in 3 A have 5 teams also.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-07-2015, 03:33 PM
BUMP!!!

This was down on page 3. Bi-District matchups are set!

Sinton vs. Raymondville
Cuero vs. Port Isabel
Yoakum vs. Rio Hondo
Ingleside vs. Orange Grove

Bull Butter
11-07-2015, 10:29 PM

Raymondville's not going anywhere. They are at around 550 and have to count the students that attend a nearby charter school which adds about 60 to that total. Progreso is over 500 as well. Aransas Pass turned in over 500, which may move them up. I could see AP moving into that district and Jourdanton moving down. 16-4A DII would remain the same

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-08-2015, 02:59 AM
Raymondville's not going anywhere. They are at around 550 and have to count the students that attend a nearby charter school which adds about 60 to that total. Progreso is over 500 as well. Aransas Pass turned in over 500, which may move them up. I could see AP moving into that district and Jourdanton moving down. 16-4A DII would remain the same

Ok, then my source from Raymondville was wrong. He's probably not aware of the fact the kids that are at the charter school are counted as well. As for Progreso, I had heard they fell below 500 kids from some friends in the know from the Weslaco area, and that was as of two weeks ago.

16-4A DII will most likely remain the same, then, unless Orange Grove gets put in D15. Also, has there been any word on Lyford and what their number is? IIRC they were just below the cutoff last realignment. If Lyford gets moved back up, that makes a 5-team district with PI, RH, Ray, Lyford, Progreso. D15 would be OG, West Oso, Sinton, Ingleside, AP. Both Yoakum and Jourdanton look to be dropping down. As for Cuero, it would make better sense to have them in a district with teams like Bellville, Brookshire Royal, Columbus, Sweeny, but that's just my personal opinion though.

bd62
11-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Ok, then my source from Raymondville was wrong. He's probably not aware of the fact the kids that are at the charter school are counted as well. As for Progreso, I had heard they fell below 500 kids from some friends in the know from the Weslaco area, and that was as of two weeks ago.

16-4A DII will most likely remain the same, then, unless Orange Grove gets put in D15. Also, has there been any word on Lyford and what their number is? IIRC they were just below the cutoff last realignment. If Lyford gets moved back up, that makes a 5-team district with PI, RH, Ray, Lyford, Progreso. D15 would be OG, West Oso, Sinton, Ingleside, AP. Both Yoakum and Jourdanton look to be dropping down. As for Cuero, it would make better sense to have them in a district with teams like Bellville, Brookshire Royal, Columbus, Sweeny, but that's just my personal opinion though.

I think you are right about those R-3 teams coming back to R-4. They were in R-4 2 yrs ago and it will make R-4 pretty salty. UIL likes to shake things up and with several R--4 schools probably 3A they will need to move some R-3 schools to R-4. Hope all dist are 6 teams. This 5 team dist is a joke.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-08-2015, 03:52 PM
I think you are right about those R-3 teams coming back to R-4. They were in R-4 2 yrs ago and it will make R-4 pretty salty. UIL likes to shake things up and with several R--4 schools probably 3A they will need to move some R-3 schools to R-4. Hope all dist are 6 teams. This 5 team dist is a joke.

Yeah, the teams just west and south of Houston usually move from R3 to R4 and back. Though I agree with 5-team districts being pretty lame, it may be an unfortunate but necessary evil to help save some schools from having to spend on travel expenses. Port Isabel to Orange Grove and back is a pretty damn long way.