PDA

View Full Version : texashsfootball.com preseason top 20 for 4A D1 and D2

Leopard4Life
06-17-2015, 01:09 PM
This is NOT DCTF.

http://texashsfootball.com/

I follow these guys on twitter and they have a Redzone Roundup Magazine with top 20 preseason rankings. The digital version of this magazine was $2.99, so you get what you pay for... Don't shoot the messenger!

Class 4A Division I
1. Navasota
2. Graham
3. Argyle
4. Abilene Wylie
5. Kennedale
6. Henderson
7. Carthage
8. Liberty Hill
9. El Campo
10. Liberty-Eylau
11. Burnet
12. Lubbock Estacado
13. Paris
14. Rockport-Fulton
15. West Columbia
16. Athens
17. Robinson
18. Kilgore
19. Stephenville
20. Van

Class 4A Division II
1. West Orange-Stark
2. Gilmer
3. Gladewater
4. Sweetwater
5. Celina
6. Coldspring-Oakhurst
7. La Grange
8. Geronimo Navarro
9. La Marque
10. Fairfield
11. Bullard
12. Sinton
13. Bellville
14. Hardin-Jefferson
15. Monahans
16. Vernon
17. Mexia
18. Wimberley
19. Iowa Park
20. Cuero

slingshot
06-17-2015, 01:12 PM
This looks about right to me... much closer than D.C.'s Texas Football, at least for DI (I don't keep up much with DII).

Rocket Man
06-17-2015, 03:53 PM
As much as I love my Rockets, I just don't see them in the top 20 this coming season..........way too many seniors graduated.

Rabid Cougar
06-17-2015, 04:03 PM
As much as I love my Rockets, I just don't see them in the top 20 this coming season..........way too many seniors graduated.

Where is your Quarterback?

Rocket Man
06-17-2015, 04:08 PM

Rumors abound...............

Gen.Pat
06-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Godley should be there in November.

Rocket Man
06-17-2015, 07:10 PM

Sent you a PM

Lion70
06-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Sent you a PM

Seems kinda high for Henderson they will still be good but replace a good qb.

slingshot
06-17-2015, 09:09 PM
So Wylie is DI #4... and we play DI #2, #3, #8, #11 and #19 :vrycnfsd:. Can't say we won't be tested...

cougartino
06-17-2015, 09:23 PM
All due respect with no malice whatsoever, but La Marque at #9? C'mon man!

Steernation
06-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Is this rankings with stepenvilles RB gone?

caleb_mccaig
06-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Is this rankings with stepenvilles RB gone?

I'm assuming so. Even after Kaegun left I tweeted out that Stephenville was four and some guy from DCTF was REAL quick to let me know that was the ranking in which Kaegun was still in the equation, but he said even with him gone they would have been a top 10 team in their eyes. There's some ?'s with the Jackets this year, that's for sure. I'm interested to see what they can do.

mwrams
06-18-2015, 03:24 PM
What?
Mineral Wells 37 Godley 9

And we return near everybody plus a much better QB. But who knows.....

SintonFan_inAustin
06-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Navarro ranked up there, they must return good portion of their team.

Phantom Stang
06-18-2015, 05:33 PM
And we return near everybody plus a much better QB. But who knows.....
Looks like the MW coach's son got the job after all.:D

mwrams
06-18-2015, 05:57 PM
No not hardly. He's not half the QB the Guinn kid is.

Eagle1
06-20-2015, 08:00 AM
I thought lamarque was closing their school this year?

Eagle1
06-20-2015, 08:07 AM
As much as I love Central and West Texas football I know the big noise makers tend to come from East Texas. With that said I am surprised Tatum and Atlanta are not on the list. That Gilmer and Gladewater game looks to be a good one when do they play?

hollywood
06-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Sorry, Williams is not a 15 spot ranking loss... #4 in DCTF and #19 in THSF? Ranked #4 with him was pretty optimistic in my eyes. Now, I'd say still top 10 with him out. He's very talented but wasn't the whole team.

cowboyandchrist
06-20-2015, 08:30 AM
As much as I love Central and West Texas football I know the big noise makers tend to come from East Texas. With that said I am surprised Tatum and Atlanta are not on the list. That Gilmer and Gladewater game looks to be a good one when do they play?

Tatum has the talent, size, and speed, but who knows which team will show up. The one that played Gilmer in a nail biter or the one that got blown out by Atlanta.

cougartino
06-21-2015, 06:45 AM
Those initial media reports were incorrect. However, based on the recent statewide test scores, the TEA will likely merge it with a nearby district in 2016 or 17. The campuses will remain open just under a different umbrella.

Lion70
06-21-2015, 09:00 AM

I seriously doubt that Gladewater will be playing that late. The jury is out for Gilmer as well but based on rep you can't count the Buckeyes out. They also still reside in that middle school district. It's hard to brag about a District Championship .

waterboy
06-22-2015, 07:39 AM
I seriously doubt that Gladewater will be playing that late. The jury is out for Gilmer as well but based on rep you can't count the Buckeyes out. They also still reside in that middle school district. It's hard to brag about a District Championship .

It doesn't matter what district we're in, we've won district 12 out of the last 14 years. I miss the days of being in the District of Doom, but it is what it is. We have a tough pre-district schedule that should help. Gladewater will be good, but not quite as good as last season. D2 is probably pretty close other than that.

The only thing I see that I disagree with completely in D1 is where Liberty-Eylau is ranked. I think they probably should be in the top 5 or 6, in my opinion, and I think that's where they will end up. I also think Carthage is a top 5 or 6 team. I can't see Henderson being ranked above either of these other East Texas teams, in my opinion.

cowboyandchrist
06-22-2015, 02:59 PM
It doesn't matter what district we're in, we've won district 12 out of the last 14 years. I miss the days of being in the District of Doom, but it is what it is. We have a tough pre-district schedule that should help. Gladewater will be good, but not quite as good as last season. D2 is probably pretty close other than that.

The only thing I see that I disagree with completely in D1 is where Liberty-Eylau is ranked. I think they probably should be in the top 5 or 6, in my opinion, and I think that's where they will end up. I also think Carthage is a top 5 or 6 team. I can't see Henderson being ranked above either of these other East Texas teams, in my opinion.

You are right on both LE and Carthage. Gladewater and Tatum are both a wait and see. Tatum should be a top three team with what they bring back and with a JV that went 9 and 1. Tatum will be big and fast, but will they play as a team remains to be seen.

waterboy
06-22-2015, 05:13 PM
You are right on both LE and Carthage. Gladewater and Tatum are both a wait and see. Tatum should be a top three team with what they bring back and with a JV that went 9 and 1. Tatum will be big and fast, but will they play as a team remains to be seen.

Tatum is one of those "wait and see" teams at this point. I know they will be good, just don't know for sure how good yet. I think they will be as good as Gladewater, maybe better, depending on if they put last season behind them.

Aesculus gilmus
06-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Gladewater might become a perennial power again if their coaches would pass the football, but they won't so it won't.

I'll never forget the stunned silence from the 7,000 or so Bear fans packed into the home side of Lobo Stadium last November after the Buckeyes drove 83 yards in the last 1:09 of the game, mostly through the air except for that totally unexpected and out-of-the-blue 23-yard TD run by Kris Boyd, for the winning touchdown without any timeouts.

No team should unilaterally disarm as Gladewater does and give up on the passing game. You've got to have some imagination.

Yoe_09
06-22-2015, 09:57 PM
4A DII could be wide open.

DCTF Top 10

1. WO-S - 1/4
2. Gilmer - 3/7
3. La Grange - 5/3
4. Celina - 6/4
5. Gladewater - 5/4
6. Sinton - 7/7
7. Cuero - 6/6
8. Tatum - 3/5
9. Sweewater - 6/7
10. Atlanta - 4/8

THSFB Top 10

1. West Orange-Stark - 1/4
2. Gilmer - 3/7
3. Gladewater - 5/4
4. Sweetwater - 6/7
5. Celina - 6/4
6. Coldspring - 7/5
7. La Grange - 5/3
8. Navarro - 8/10
9. La Marque - 5/3
10. Fairfield - 9/5

Definitely don't feel there is a team that just pop outs to you. I still believe one of these ten will probably win state but could it be one of those years where someone comes out of nowhere?

LEFAN80
06-22-2015, 10:34 PM
LE had about 60 kids show up to non-mandatory workouts today and we are expecting more soon. https://youtu.be/0bSHRM1xH_k

waterboy
06-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Gladewater might become a perennial power again if their coaches would pass the football, but they won't so it won't.

I'll never forget the stunned silence from the 7,000 or so Bear fans packed into the home side of Lobo Stadium last November after the Buckeyes drove 83 yards in the last 1:09 of the game, mostly through the air except for that totally unexpected and out-of-the-blue 23-yard TD run by Kris Boyd, for the winning touchdown without any timeouts.

No team should unilaterally disarm as Gladewater does and give up on the passing game. You've got to have some imagination.

I would NEVER say a state championship is out of reach for a run-heavy team. All we need to do is go back to 2006 and 2007 to see that it can be done, easily I might add. Gladewater is nowhere near as strong as those Liberty Hill teams, but with the right people in the right places, with a stout defense, it can be done. I do think teams that are run-heavy should throw some play action passing in to keep defenses honest. It certainly increases their odds of winning.

I did notice that there were a few Gilmer fans on the home side of Lobo Stadium when I watched the replays. That was one AWESOME game! Your former announcer buddy was sitting behind me and had given up when Gladewater had gotten that last first down. I remember I turned around and told him, "We got this." He looked at me with disbelief, so I told him again. Sure enough, we stopped them on 4th down, got the ball, and had a drive of monumental proportions that propelled us to a state championship. That was the best Gladewater team I have seen since the Jack Murphy days.

Dawgs
06-23-2015, 08:16 AM
I would NEVER say a state championship is out of reach for a run-heavy team. All we need to do is go back to 2006 and 2007 to see that it can be done, easily I might add. Gladewater is nowhere near as strong as those Liberty Hill teams, but with the right people in the right places, with a stout defense, it can be done. I do think teams that are run-heavy should throw some play action passing in to keep defenses honest. It certainly increases their odds of winning.

I did notice that there were a few Gilmer fans on the home side of Lobo Stadium when I watched the replays. That was one AWESOME game! Your former announcer buddy was sitting behind me and had given up when Gladewater had gotten that last first down. I remember I turned around and told him, "We got this." He looked at me with disbelief, so I told him again. Sure enough, we stopped them on 4th down, got the ball, and had a drive of monumental proportions that propelled us to a state championship. That was the best Gladewater team I have seen since the Jack Murphy days.

I still don't know how Gilmer won that game. That was one that I'm glad I didn't miss.

bag-o-chips
06-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Navarro ranked up there, they must return good portion of their team.

Returns the preseason Defensive MVP who is a Junior. They lost 3 senior starters last year and will be Junior loaded. QB is also a soph this year. We shall see if it works out!

Looks like 8 off and 10 def players returning. They were very young last year.

waterboy
06-23-2015, 02:35 PM
I still don't know how Gilmer won that game. That was one that I'm glad I didn't miss.

As much as we misfired on offense that night, I'm with you on that one. I knew all it would take would be to get the ball back with about a minute left, and I felt like we would win. Everybody held their breaths on that 4th and inches spot. Some questioned the spot, but it was close either way. We got the ball back, and the rest is history. That was one GUTSY call on the TD run! With around :18 seconds, and no time-outs? Good grief! That surprised even me...

buckeyebob
06-23-2015, 07:32 PM

'Cause they refused to give up...it really is that simple...look @ what they did SC...Celina was going to be the one to stop 'em...

chaingang
06-24-2015, 08:35 AM
'Cause they refused to give up...it really is that simple...look @ what they did SC...Celina was going to be the one to stop 'em...

Come on now. You know if the refs wouldn't have called that mystery block in the back on the return at half, the end of that SC game is very different for Gilmer.:stirpot:

Dawgs
06-24-2015, 08:43 AM
As much as we misfired on offense that night, I'm with you on that one. I knew all it would take would be to get the ball back with about a minute left, and I felt like we would win. Everybody held their breaths on that 4th and inches spot. Some questioned the spot, but it was close either way. We got the ball back, and the rest is history. That was one GUTSY call on the TD run! With around :18 seconds, and no time-outs? Good grief! That surprised even me...

That was such an awesome game. 4 best games I have seen in person: Carthage vs Brownwood 2010, Kilgore vs Gilmer 2013, Argyle vs Fairfield 2013, and Gilmer vs Gladewater 2014. Maybe there are a couple more on that list but those 4 come to mind. Something that people won't remember about the Gilmer Gladewater game last year unless they were there was Dylan Mack's performance. Might have been the best performance I have ever seen. I think Mack is the best HS player I have ever seen. Right up there with Jaxson Shipley.

buckeyebob
06-25-2015, 01:13 PM
Come on now. You know if the refs wouldn't have called that mystery block in the back on the return at half, the end of that SC game is very different for Gilmer.:stirpot:

No mystery...was a very good call...I don't see it making any difference...you saw a team hit the field in the second half that knew what was going to happen...Traylor told them @ 1/2 that WOS had played their very best & we had played our worst...it could only go one way & it did

hollywood
06-25-2015, 11:27 PM
That was such an awesome game. 4 best games I have seen in person: Carthage vs Brownwood 2010, Kilgore vs Gilmer 2013, Argyle vs Fairfield 2013, and Gilmer vs Gladewater 2014. Maybe there are a couple more on that list but those 4 come to mind. Something that people won't remember about the Gilmer Gladewater game last year unless they were there was Dylan Mack's performance. Might have been the best performance I have ever seen. I think Mack is the best HS player I have ever seen. Right up there with Jaxson Shipley.

Carthage vs Brownwood is definitely in my top 4 as well. Shipley was simply just amazing. Both Brownwood and Carthage had several D1 recruits combined and other well above average HS players.

Stephenville vs Highland Park 2005 semi final game which showcased Matt Stafford (Georgia commit and Jevan Snead (UT commit eventual Ole Miss) at QB. Talk about a QB dual! Pass after pass they completed. Stephenville had the game won with under 2 minutes left and Snead tossed an INT across the middle that allowed Stafford to stick the dagger in the Jackets heart for the come from behind win in the last seconds. Unbeleivable atmosphere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJcQevIzwcg&sns=em

Also Southlake Carrol vs Lufkin 2003 was an amazing game in Waco for a semi final. The La Marque vs Stephenville matchups for the SC games in '93, '94, and '99 were all fantastic. Another game that really stands out is Copperas Cove vs Brownwood 2007. Copperas Cove was ranked #1 in the state in 4A and Brownwood #10. Robert Griffin III was a senior at CC and Casey Pachall was a Jr. at Brownwood. RGIII was ejected from the game after the 3rd or 4th play for CC because he slung his helmet to the ground after he'd been laid out by LB blitzes 2 plays in a row. Brownwood upset CC that night and went on to the quarters finals vs Waco High. http://m.tdtnews.com/archive/article_842971a5-dcfc-562d-bcdc-ea1bd9447bf2.html?mode=jqm

chaingang
06-26-2015, 08:23 AM
No mystery...was a very good call...I don't see it making any difference...you saw a team hit the field in the second half that knew what was going to happen...Traylor told them @ 1/2 that WOS had played their very best & we had played our worst...it could only go one way & it did

Cant take that away from yall. You beat us fair and square. We just ran out of gas which is very, very uncommon for a WOS team. What finally hurt us was all of our players going both ways. It finally caught up to us. IMO, if we could have scored 1 or 2 more touchdowns in the first half we might have had enough cushion. I had a feeling going into the game that fatigue would be the case in the second half because of how evenly matched we were with speed. We hadn't played many teams that could keep up with us in that regard. A couple, but not many. Hopefully well get a chance at a rematch.

buckeyebob
06-27-2015, 03:06 PM
I think it is a very good possibility that we could be at the same place this year...basically have the defense returning...loosing skill guys but we seem to that every year...they seem to keep the replacements ready. Gotta young O-Line but they got some good playing time this past season