PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to Brownwood??

orange machine
06-15-2015, 04:07 PM
The Lions have seemed to disappear from football glory? What's going on over in the wood? Is it lack of talent, coaching kids arnt buying in or is it like the rest of our country it's just falling apart?

Eagle1
06-15-2015, 04:40 PM
How are they supposed to be this year? Would like to see them have a good season.

Tink4392
06-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Brownwood ought to be pretty scary this year, they were pretty young last year with sophomores and juniors.
How are they supposed to be this year? Would like to see them have a good season.

slingshot
06-15-2015, 09:11 PM
Brownwood ought to be pretty scary this year, they were pretty young last year with sophomores and juniors.It's been that way for the last few years--always a lot of young talent but for some reason they never make it to their Jr or Sr years??? That being said I've been watching their incoming Jr class since 7th grade--they are outstanding. Just depends on how they mesh with the class above them and behind them.

Bosqueville
06-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Granted I don't live in Brownwood any longer but still have family there and it just seems after the 2010 group graduated, the talent level took a big nose dive. Couple with that a coaching change and here we are. As stated above, the talent level is on the upswing and this group of sophomores and Juniors are talented. The demographics in Brownwood have also changed since I was in high school (late 80's early 90's). Let's just say there are not as many "athletes" as there once was. The bright side, even these past few years they've been competitive and have knocked off the Burnet's and Liberty Hills.

panfan
06-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Granted I don't live in Brownwood any longer but still have family there and it just seems after the 2010 group graduated, the talent level took a big nose dive. Couple with that a coaching change and here we are. As stated above, the talent level is on the upswing and this group of sophomores and Juniors are talented. The demographics in Brownwood have also changed since I was in high school (late 80's early 90's). Let's just say there are not as many "athletes" as there once was. The bright side, even these past few years they've been competitive and have knocked off the Burnet's and Liberty Hills.

We'll take that at a compliment! :). Having played them the last 2 seasons (which we won, :evilgrin:), I will say this, the Wood should be a stout team this year. The kid they have at receiver (Conner?) is scary fast with moves and hands. O-line and QB maturity this year will make a difference this year for the Wood offensively. I think they have what it takes to make a good run this season.

hollywood
06-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Brownwood football still has tons of tradition and pride. As several eluded above, the Soph and Jr. classes have more talent than in years past. Not sure who the QB is but he looked good in 7 on 7 last Sat when I watched the game against Sville. The Lions will contend for the District Title this Fall along with A. Wylie and Sville. OM, you just haven't heard from the Brownwoodies on this forum. I bet they are a little gun shy from the last few seasons to start posting this early... But if they are in condition for the District Title this Fall... Rest assured they will be coming out of the woodworks! ;)

slingshot
06-16-2015, 11:47 AM
...I bet they are a little gun shy from the last few seasons to start posting this early... But if they are in condition for the District Title this Fall... Rest assured they will be coming out of the woodworks! ;)No doubt...

hollywood
06-16-2015, 11:51 AM
No doubt...

Lol.. You know it!

toddg
06-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Brownwood football still has tons of tradition and pride. As several eluded above, the Soph and Jr. classes have more talent than in years past. Not sure who the QB is but he looked good in 7 on 7 last Sat when I watched the game against Sville. The Lions will contend for the District Title this Fall along with A. Wylie and Sville. OM, you just haven't heard from the Brownwoodies on this forum. I bet they are a little gun shy from the last few seasons to start posting this early... But if they are in condition for the District Title this Fall... Rest assured they will be coming out of the woodworks! ;)
The "Woodworks"?! Haha!!

Steernation
06-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Well i hope Bwood does better this year, ill be moving from good ole graham to the wood. Ill still be rooting for the steers but i guess i might as well root for Brownwood too! (unless they are playing graham).

BwdLion73
06-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Were still here, it's just that I went from dusting my catfish for ticks to checking on sand bag techniques. The lake is full!
Fall is coming....and yall have "no idea what is coming" ... sorry couldn't resist.:doh:

hollywood
06-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Were still here, it's just that I went from dusting my catfish for ticks to checking on sand bag techniques. The lake is full!
Fall is coming....and yall have "no idea what is coming" ... sorry couldn't resist.:doh:

:crazy1:

toddg
06-16-2015, 09:03 PM

:crazy1:

We'll have a nice surprise for both, in consecutive weeks at Charles Head Stadium...hahahaaa!!!

hollywood
06-16-2015, 09:24 PM
We'll have a nice surprise for both, in consecutive weeks at Charles Head Stadium...hahahaaa!!!

:rolleyes: I can hear the drums beating now. :rolleyes:

:D

bobcat1
06-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Hell everyone knows what happened..... Rocket left.

toddg
06-16-2015, 10:18 PM
:rolleyes: I can hear the drums beating now. :rolleyes:

:D

They will beat steadily louder over the next couple of months...HollyWood!!
You will like our new visitor parking lot..

Trashman
06-17-2015, 02:12 AM
We are still here... getting stronger...getting meaner.....waiting for two-a-days.

db1980
06-17-2015, 09:14 AM

Rocket? Is that you?

slingshot
06-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Rocket? Is that you?Uhhh... no. :dispntd:

db1980
06-17-2015, 10:39 AM
Uhhh... no. :dispntd:

I was kidding

slingshot
06-17-2015, 11:47 AM
I was kiddingSo was I... sarcasm my friend! Must say I do miss Rocket sometimes--he did keep it interesting on here.

Gen.Pat
06-17-2015, 01:03 PM
The Lions ought to good we played them in a Scrimmage a few years back and they looked pretty solid.

BwdLion73
06-18-2015, 05:48 AM
Well i hope Bwood does better this year, ill be moving from good ole graham to the wood. Ill still be rooting for the steers but i guess i might as well root for Brownwood too! (unless they are playing graham).

Excuse my tardiness. Welcome to Brownwood Steernation!

I understand your cheering for Graham. Guess you will have to get with "Hollywood" for tutorial help on switching teams. :wave:

Steernation
06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Excuse my tardiness. Welcome to Brownwood Steernation!

I understand your cheering for Graham. Guess you will have to get with "Hollywood" for tutorial help on switching teams. :wave:

Thanks! just trying to find a job that will work with my college and football now! Any suggestions?

db1980
06-18-2015, 10:25 AM
So was I... sarcasm my friend! Must say I do miss Rocket sometimes--he did keep it interesting on here.

I was being sarcastic by asking.

slingshot
06-18-2015, 05:23 PM
I was being sarcastic by asking.Noooo! Oops... sarcasm again.

bobcat1
06-18-2015, 06:26 PM
So was I... sarcasm my friend! Must say I do miss Rocket sometimes--he did keep it interesting on here.

Yep I miss him................. like the Plague.

slingshot
06-19-2015, 12:10 AM
Yep I miss him................. like the Plague.Exactly...

LHPfactory
06-25-2015, 10:01 PM

I have a Class of 2017 Son, my oldest, who was one of the Several Liberty Hill Sophs on Varsity last fall. I will say watching the groups that his class played in Jr High and as Freshmen the following have great 2017 (Incoming Junior) classes along with Liberty Hill:

Brownwood
Lampasas
Burnet
China Spring

The latter 3 are in the same district with each other this fall, the Juniors from these teams should create an epic brawl for the district championship.

bobcat1
06-26-2015, 03:42 PM
One hit wonder since they moved away from leather helmets.

hollywood
06-26-2015, 11:00 PM
One hit wonder since they moved away from leather helmets.

Easy there bobcat1... Celina hasn't been stellar in a while either. :D

bobcat1
06-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Easy there bobcat1... Celina hasn't been stellar in a while either. :DExcuse me I thought this was about Brownwood. :evilgrin:

BwdLion73
06-28-2015, 05:05 AM
Excuse me I thought this was about Brownwood. :evilgrin:

It is. Now go catch me some fish while you can still get around.
:tisk::kiss: