caleb_mccaig
06-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Just got the football bible in the mail; it pays to be in the media :cool:

Here are the pre-season 4A rankings:

Division 1
1. Navasota
2. Argyle
3. Graham
4. Stephenville (This was with Kaegun on the team)
5. Carthage
6. Kennedale
7. Liberty-Eylau
8. El Campo
9. Abilene Wylie
10. Liberty Hill

Division 2
1. West Orange-Stark
2. Gilmer
3. La Grange
4. Celina
5. Gladewater
6. Sinton
7. Cuero
8. Tatum
9. Sweetwater
10. Atlanta

pirate4state
06-12-2015, 12:43 PM
I am excited about our team. We have some big shoes to fill at QB, but I like our prospects! :D :wave:

SintonFan_inAustin
06-12-2015, 02:36 PM
I am excited about our team. We have some big shoes to fill at QB, but I like our prospects! :D :wave:Does look like we should be set for another great season.

Yoe_09
06-12-2015, 03:36 PM
You got anything on 3A?

Rocket Man
06-12-2015, 04:23 PM
We gotta remember this thread and take a look and compare the rankings after 10 weeks of playing.

I'll just copy and paste onto a spreadsheet, save it and rely on my memory..........:thinking:

WOS87
06-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Ugh.... I think there's a misprint and Gilmer is really #1. WOS has a rough pre-district schedule so should shake that target off their back quickly against the likes of Richmond Foster, Port Neches-Groves and/or Jasper. :D

Every team on the D2 Top 10 played either Gilmer or WOS last year except for Cuero and Sweetwater both of whom lost to Semifinalists. DCTF is always a list of the usual suspects but they tend to be more on the money than most preseason polls. Would love to see a WOS-Cuero matchup just to meet some of you guys there after getting to know you so well here over the past 10 years.

Lion70
06-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Ugh.... I think there's a misprint and Gilmer is really #1. WOS has a rough pre-district schedule so should shake that target off their back quickly against the likes of Richmond Foster, Port Neches-Groves and/or Jasper. :D

They are losing some key players and head coach I highly doubt they repeat. Plus they win the title every 5 years. 2004,2009,2015 see a trend

Aesculus gilmus
06-12-2015, 07:13 PM
They are losing some key players and head coach I highly doubt they repeat. Plus they win the title every 5 years. 2004,2009,2015 see a trend

It won't be because of the coach. Matt Turner was Jeff Traylor's mentor from Jacksonville days. Most of the staff remained as well. I do admit to having concern about the QB position, but someone almost always steps up.

Odds are the Bux won't repeat. You're right. But they won't relinquish the crown easily.

buckeyebob
06-12-2015, 08:11 PM

New trend time...we loose key players ever year...& new coach has been there for 13 seasons...we won Team State Champion 2015 Track & Field.

buckeyebob
06-12-2015, 08:13 PM
It won't be because of the coach. Matt Turner was Jeff Traylor's mentor from Jacksonville days. Most of the staff remained as well. I do admit to having concern about the QB position, but someone almost always steps up.

Odds are the Bux won't repeat. You're right. But they won't relinquish the crown easily.

I was skeptical of our QB last year at this time...so now my wife has another item on her I Told You That You Have No Clue list

Lion70
06-12-2015, 08:43 PM

Oh I didn't mean to imply that yall would suck. You guys will have another good season. In Gilmer going 10-2 is bad lol. (Must be nice)

Lion70
06-12-2015, 08:44 PM
New trend time...we loose key players ever year...& new coach has been there for 13 seasons...we won Team State Champion 2015 Track & Field.

Recruiting might take a hit this year. I kid I kid lol.

44INAROW
06-12-2015, 09:40 PM

Every team on the D2 Top 10 played either Gilmer or WOS last year except for Cuero. Would love to see a WOS-Cuero matchup just to meet some of you guys there after getting to know you so well here over the past 10 years.

I hear you. Wanna try to meet up along with some of the "closet readers" that want to meet up with WOS87🏈

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yoe_09
06-12-2015, 11:49 PM
You got anything on 3A?

NVM, got home from the state tournament and noticed I have it as well.

bird_fan
06-13-2015, 09:09 AM
SHOCK! The Ricebirds ae rated in a top ten preseason pollo..As a rule we do better than our preseason ranking :1omg!::1omg!:

orange machine
06-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Can someone post the rest of the classifications?

Yoe_09
06-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Can someone post the rest of the classifications?

2A DI
1. Canadian
2. Refugio
3. Mason
4. Shiner
5. Alto
6. Centerville
7. Mart
8. Crawford
9. Goldthwaite
10. Stratford

2A DII
1. Bremond
2. Seagraves
3. Albany
4. Tenaha
5. Bruni
6. Iraan
7. Iola
8. Muenster
9. Falls City
10. Cosbyton

3A DI
1. Cameron Yoe
2. Mineola
3. Shallowater
4. Kirbyville
5. Brock
6. Teague
7. Pottsboro
8. Wall
9. East Chambers
10. Rockdale

3A DII
1. East Bernard
2. Newton
3. Franklin
4. Blanco
5. Cisco
6. Eastland
7. Elysian Fields
8. Odem
9. Arp
10. Waskom

5A
1. Aledo
2. Cedar Park
3. Ennis
4. Temple
5. Crosby
6. Richmond George Ranch
7. Mansfield Timberview
8. John Tyler
9. Lufkin
10. Houston Stratford

6A
1. DeSoto
2. Katy
3. Allen
4. Cedar Hill
5. Manvel
6. Dallas Skyline
7. Cibole Stelle
8. Denton Guyer
9. Euless Trinity
10. Converse Judson

YTBulldogs
06-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Yoe, you have the other division in 5A, 6A?

Yoe_09
06-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Yoe, you have the other division in 5A, 6A?

It's combined. However, they do a top 40 for 5A/6A and top 20 for others since they are split.

YTBulldogs
06-13-2015, 08:42 PM
It's combined. However, they do a top 40 for 5A/6A and top 20 for others since they are split.

TY sir. Good job. Can't wait.

YTBulldogs
06-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Is the FNF mag still in operation? They seemed in the past, to have more detailed info like they have more writers covering the classes. DCTF been the only one for so long, might just take some importance for granted. Like, research and just cut and paste stuff.

Scoop27
06-14-2015, 11:25 AM
When does DCFM hit the stores like HEB and Walmart?

SintonFan_inAustin
06-14-2015, 11:27 AM
When does DCFM hit the stores like HEB and Walmart?June 21st

Scoop27
06-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Doubt we will see it down here in Wharton a week later.Takes them ever to get it at Walmart or HEB

Yoe_09
06-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Is the FNF mag still in operation? They seemed in the past, to have more detailed info like they have more writers covering the classes. DCTF been the only one for so long, might just take some importance for granted. Like, research and just cut and paste stuff.

Just making some final edits. Should be out in a few weeks.

regaleagle
06-14-2015, 01:41 PM
In 4A D1, I'd probably put Liberty Eylau in the Top 5. I don't think they lost much and will be even better this season than last year.....jmo.

cowboyandchrist
06-14-2015, 02:01 PM
SHOCK! The Ricebirds ae rated in a top ten preseason pollo..As a rule we do better than our preseason ranking :1omg!::1omg!:

I hope the Ricebirds do well this year. I want to see my DAWGS play you again especially this year. There is another storm brewing in the East and it looks just like the storms that passed over Texas in 2008,2009,2010, and 2012. Good luck and God Bless.

hollywood
06-14-2015, 07:35 PM
I hope the Ricebirds do well this year. I want to see my DAWGS play you again especially this year. There is another storm brewing in the East and it looks just like the storms that passed over Texas in 2008,2009,2010, and 2012. Good luck and God Bless.

A storm is always brewing in the East cowboy... But you know generally speaking that storms form in the West and move East. At least in Texas. Touché

buckeyebob
06-14-2015, 09:51 PM

Still aroumd

http://www.fnfmagazine.com/

LEFAN80
06-14-2015, 11:52 PM
In 4A D1, I'd probably put Liberty Eylau in the Top 5. I don't think they lost much and will be even better this season than last year.....jmo.

Idk lol we have lost much of our o-line! But as far as skill position goes we may have the best in the state!

Lion70
06-15-2015, 02:06 AM
Still aroumd

http://www.fnfmagazine.com/

I like that one a tad better gives more info on highschool but Dave gives info on college so win/win.

YTBulldogs
06-15-2015, 07:11 AM
I like that one a tad better gives more info on highschool but Dave gives info on college so win/win.

I agree. So, FNF should be out by July 1st you think?

Lion70
06-15-2015, 07:17 AM
I agree. So, FNF should be out by July 1st you think?

Most likely also fnl seems to get quotes from coaches not just an questionaires from around the state. I could be wrong but it seems the editor makes more of an effort to get the info. Dave has been known to omit some small schools of course if there is so much you can do if they don't answer the questionaire.

Eagle1
06-15-2015, 04:36 PM
What about Fairfield? They have been playing good football and have some good players returning.

slingshot
06-15-2015, 04:58 PM
I think Wylie wins district again and gives Graham a good challenge... that being said, Graham should prob be in the top two in DI.

regaleagle
06-15-2015, 10:21 PM
I think Argyle will have a good core of returning lettermen with some Senior leaders that have started for several seasons. The QB will again be a coach's son....Dane Ledford(junior). He saw action last season in the 2nd halfs as the backup to Rodgers. He also started all year at D-back and made 3rd Team All State at that position. He's an athletic type that could really blossom this season under center. Not sure about the beef in the Oline though, but the D-line will be seasoned. Argyle will have to improve as the season progresses to win the region this upcoming season, imo. Somehow, they always seem to find a way to be competitive with the personnel they have. Argyle doesn't have tons of highly talented players and never has.....they just do very well with the team concept and get everybody playing on the same page.

Aguilafanatico
06-15-2015, 11:40 PM
I think Wylie wins district again and gives Graham a good challenge... that being said, Graham should prob be in the top two in DI.

Soooo... You think Graham should be ranked ahead of Navasota?

Lion70
06-16-2015, 12:08 AM
I wonder how Henderson going to do. They are young and lose the qb (Boles) to graduation. I don't expect Kilgore ,Chapel Hill , and Carthage to have as bad of a season again either

slingshot
06-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Soooo... You think Graham should be ranked ahead of Navasota?I think Graham should be ranked ahead of Argyle. Navasota is in a class by themself for this upcoming year barring injury or upset...

Celina8
06-16-2015, 04:42 AM
Celina loses several key players so I am thinking our number 4 ranking is pretty ambitious at best. The key again will be the offensive line and how well they perform. Should be a fun season.

orange machine
06-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Celina loses several key players so I am thinking our number 4 ranking is pretty ambitious at best. The key again will be the offensive line and how well they perform. Should be a fun season.

Celina has some huge holes to fill biggest one being at qb. Celina will have to score a lot of points this year I think to be successful. Defense will be very small with no depth. They will have to stay healthy.

Gen.Pat
06-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Hope to see the Godley Wildcats in the Top 10 in Dec.

Dawgs
06-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Carthage is going to field a team with 6 or 7 absolute studs. 2 D1 recruit seniors probably playing both ways (1 of them quit after the first game last season, so we will wait and see how that turns out). Top end talent, we will be right up there with any team in 4a. What I'm going to watch early in the season is depth and role players. This is what has made Carthage great in the past was kids you didn't even know there names blocking and tackling. If we can stay healthy, and our QB and recievers can make a play here and there Carthage has a chance to be playing in December. IMO it comes down to depth and QB play. I'm ready for late August!

Aguilafanatico
06-17-2015, 04:49 PM
I think Graham should be ranked ahead of Argyle. Navasota is in a class by themself for this upcoming year barring injury or upset...

May be a little homerism but I believe you may be underestimating Argyle if you feel they should be dropped for Graham. It doesn't really matter as all are quality but curious as to your rationale

LEFAN80
06-17-2015, 07:13 PM
LE just had its fourth player receive a D1 football scholarship today and we have at least four more who will receive D1 offers soon here's a small paragraph from etsn.

A season removed from reaching the Class 4A Division I state quarterfinals, Liberty-Eylau appears to be the team to beat in the Northeast Texas region. Senior linebacker Andre Wiley Jr., senior quarterback Ke’Mon Freeman and junior defensive end Lagaryonn Carson all join Morbley with Division I scholarship opportunities.

Lion70
06-17-2015, 08:17 PM
LE just had its fourth player receive a D1 football scholarship today and we have at least four more who will receive D1 offers soon here's a small paragraph from etsn.

A season removed from reaching the Class 4A Division I state quarterfinals, Liberty-Eylau appears to be the team to beat in the Northeast Texas region. Senior linebacker Andre Wiley Jr., senior quarterback Ke’Mon Freeman and junior defensive end Lagaryonn Carson all join Morbley with Division I scholarship opportunities.

Stupid question is kin to trey Carson ?

LEFAN80
06-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Stupid question is kin to trey Carson ?

Yes not close kin tho but they are kin this kid is going to be a jr. 6'4 260 got his first offer from UT & then Alabama kid is a freak athlete

regaleagle
06-17-2015, 11:53 PM
LE is loaded with talented players.....and now they seem to be poised for a run for the title. Look out Navasota......there may be a few other schools that can dance as well.

LEFAN80
06-18-2015, 03:08 AM
LE is loaded with talented players.....and now they seem to be poised for a run for the title. Look out Navasota......there may be a few other schools that can dance as well.

Thanks but you guys (Argyle) are the team to beat in our region the defending champs plus you guys know how win and that's big!

Lion70
06-18-2015, 07:08 AM
Yes not close kin tho but they are kin this kid is going to be a jr. 6'4 260 got his first offer from UT & then Alabama kid is a freak athlete

Ok Gotya hopefully A&M will offer as well.

slingshot
06-18-2015, 09:23 AM
May be a little homerism but I believe you may be underestimating Argyle if you feel they should be dropped for Graham. It doesn't really matter as all are quality but curious as to your rationaleMy rationale? Simple--Ralston graduated. I know Argyle will still be very well coached and will have great athletes but Graham returns most of their talent, esp their QB and RB. Wylie will be right there but honestly prob a notch below Graham and Argyle, at least early on. We are replacing a lot with very talented underclassmen--prob will take a few games for us to hit our stride but we'll be in the mix at the end. As for 'Sota? Wow. If they stay healthy they will be VERY tough to beat...

Rabid Cougar
06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
3A DI
1. Cameron Yoe
2. Mineola
3. Shallowater
4. Kirbyville
5. Brock
6. Teague
7. Pottsboro
8. Wall
9. East Chambers
10. Rockdale

Shocker there. Now to get Refugio up to Cameron. Cameron also get to be the first to play on China Spring's new carpet.

HEMOTOXIC
06-18-2015, 10:39 AM

Dance?

Aguilafanatico
06-18-2015, 11:29 AM
My rationale? Simple--Ralston graduated. I know Argyle will still be very well coached and will have great athletes but Graham returns most of their talent, esp their QB and RB. Wylie will be right there but honestly prob a notch below Graham and Argyle, at least early on. We are replacing a lot with very talented underclassmen--prob will take a few games for us to hit our stride but we'll be in the mix at the end. As for 'Sota? Wow. If they stay healthy they will be VERY tough to beat...

A point I cannot argue re: Nick Ralston. He will certainly be missed both in the lockeroom and on the field. He is an awesome player and person. That said, we also missed Ian Sadler, Sam Sizelove, Cole Hedlund, Connor Wilson, Micha Capra, Michael Castle......from the 2013 team.

A few things to consider re:Argyle. Last years team was one of the youngest fielded on record with only 11 seniors. The vast majority of the team was made up by two extremely talented junior and Sophomore classes. Argyle returns 15 starters and 25 Seniors. Of the 2016's, 6 have started and/or played in two state championship games and have gone 31-1 in the last two years. Several have received All-State recognition and 4 currently hold D1 offers today. That's as many as the 2013 sc team had at this point. I expect there are 3 additional 2016s that will receive D1 offers by the end of their HS career along with potentially 2 -2017's that could receive offers this summer. Argyle leaned heavily on Ralston last year but that's because he was here and wanted (and had the ability) to carry the load. The makeup this year will be different but I expect a more talented and dynamic team.

All that said, Argyle meets AW in late August and Graham a couple of weeks later so we don't have that long to wait.

Aguilafanatico
06-18-2015, 11:33 AM
My rationale? Simple--Ralston graduated. I know Argyle will still be very well coached and will have great athletes but Graham returns most of their talent, esp their QB and RB. Wylie will be right there but honestly prob a notch below Graham and Argyle, at least early on. We are replacing a lot with very talented underclassmen--prob will take a few games for us to hit our stride but we'll be in the mix at the end. As for 'Sota? Wow. If they stay healthy they will be VERY tough to beat...

Another fact I forgot to mention is that Argyles JV was undefeated last year and handled the Grham JV fairly handily in Argyle last year. Not that it necessarily translates to the varsity but it is an indicator of talent in the pipeline IMO.

Aguilafanatico
06-18-2015, 01:09 PM

I have to second that Regal. I happened to see a video clip of LE vs I believe Gilmer in 7v7. Scary athletes all over the field.

LEFAN80
06-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Ok Gotya hopefully A&M will offer as well.
They have!

http://247sports.com/Player/Lagaryonn-Carson-79999

cowboyandchrist
06-19-2015, 04:39 PM
I wonder how Henderson going to do. They are young and lose the qb (Boles) to graduation. I don't expect Kilgore ,Chapel Hill , and Carthage to have as bad of a season again either

I can assure you the Dawgs (Carthage) are the real deal this year. Same song different year. That baby team from last year has grown up and coach S had them deep in the playoffs last year. One yard away from playing the Rattlers in the third round. Everybody in the state will know about the running back and linebacker that started as freshmen last year, big strong, and quick offensive line, with an attacking defense. Here we go Dawgs. The storm will start when district rolls around and then the playoffs. I am excited and we are still 10 weeks away. Lets go Dawgs !!!

OldBison75
06-19-2015, 06:17 PM
I expect Navasota to have another very good year with all of the skill people coming back. There are some holes to fill, but there are some good kids that got a lot of playing time last year that can step up. I worry about the regular season lulling the team into believing they have a cakewalk, but, Fedora will keep them focused. As for the rest of the state, I think that there are at least eight teams that can claim they are at the very least a favorite to make the finals. LE, Argyle, Graham, Carthage, and El Campo all have the tools to get there. But don't underestimate AW and Stephenville. They always seem to find the combination of coaching and athletes to win on any given night. It is damned hard to win two years in a row, or to even make the finals two in a row. I think that Navasota can do it, but, they can't have too many injuries and can't have a bad night in the playoffs. They got some breaks that went their way when they needed them last year in the playoffs and cannot count on the same thing to happen twice. I believe they earned the right to win it all last year, but this is a new year. This should be a hell of a year in Division 1.

toddg
06-19-2015, 06:30 PM
I expect Navasota to have another very good year with all of the skill people coming back. There are some holes to fill, but there are some good kids that got a lot of playing time last year that can step up. I worry about the regular season lulling the team into believing they have a cakewalk, but, Fedora will keep them focused. As for the rest of the state, I think that there are at least eight teams that can claim they are at the very least a favorite to make the finals. LE, Argyle, Graham, Carthage, and El Campo all have the tools to get there. But don't underestimate AW and Stephenville. They always seem to find the combination of coaching and athletes to win on any given night. It is damned hard to win two years in a row, or to even make the finals two in a row. I think that Navasota can do it, but, they can't have too many injuries and can't have a bad night in the playoffs. They got some breaks that went their way when they needed them last year in the playoffs and cannot count on the same thing to happen twice. I believe they earned the right to win it all last year, but this is a new year. This should be a hell of a year in Division 1.

all i know is Eppler is stone cold money in the pocket at QB!!

toddg
06-19-2015, 06:36 PM
A point I cannot argue re: Nick Ralston. He will certainly be missed both in the lockeroom and on the field. He is an awesome player and person. That said, we also missed Ian Sadler, Sam Sizelove, Cole Hedlund, Connor Wilson, Micha Capra, Michael Castle......from the 2013 team.

A few things to consider re:Argyle. Last years team was one of the youngest fielded on record with only 11 seniors. The vast majority of the team was made up by two extremely talented junior and Sophomore classes. Argyle returns 15 starters and 25 Seniors. Of the 2016's, 6 have started and/or played in two state championship games and have gone 31-1 in the last two years. Several have received All-State recognition and 4 currently hold D1 offers today. That's as many as the 2013 sc team had at this point. I expect there are 3 additional 2016s that will receive D1 offers by the end of their HS career along with potentially 2 -2017's that could receive offers this summer. Argyle leaned heavily on Ralston last year but that's because he was here and wanted (and had the ability) to carry the load. The makeup this year will be different but I expect a more talented and dynamic team.

All that said, Argyle meets AW in late August and Graham a couple of weeks later so we don't have that long to wait.

sure could have used a fullback on those short yardage plays at the end of the game in the SC..maybe learn a lesson from Aledo and have a power I package for those situations..

regaleagle
06-19-2015, 07:23 PM
sure could have used a fullback on those short yardage plays at the end of the game in the SC..maybe learn a lesson from Aledo and have a power I package for those situations..

You go with what got you there, and don't change things just to throw a curve ball at em. You try to win with execution with your best players....and live with it if you get stopped. Could have gone the other way on several plays or calls, but that's why the game is so great. Both teams played a fantastic game.

toddg
06-19-2015, 11:37 PM
You go with what got you there, and don't change things just to throw a curve ball at em. You try to win with execution with your best players....and live with it if you get stopped. Could have gone the other way on several plays or calls, but that's why the game is so great. Both teams played a fantastic game.

Aledo added the power I package.. and it actually helped them pull out the win and the state championship..it was key against the defensive speed Temple had

FB-fanatic
06-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Aledo added the power I package.. and it actually helped them pull out the win and the state championship..it was key against the defensive speed Temple had

Or a Belldozer (aka *big* QB). The advantage over a power-I with a big fullback is an extra man unaccounted for.

Old Green
06-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Picked up a copy of the Dave Campbell Football Mag at Wal Mart in Cuero this morning.

Aguilafanatico
06-20-2015, 09:47 AM
all i know is Eppler is stone cold money in the pocket at QB!!

Heck of a player and tough as well. Gained my respect in the sc game. Argyle sacked him 8 times and hit him a ton more and he was still hanging in and throwing darts.

OldBison75
06-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Heck of a player and tough as well. Gained my respect in the sc game. Argyle sacked him 8 times and hit him a ton more and he was still hanging in and throwing darts.

Kid is tough as can be. He has put on a little weight and strength since the end of last season and grown another inch or so. Should have a great year this year. He is an excellent baseball player also and will probably get a few college offers in that sport.

Aguilafanatico
06-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Hope we get another shot at Eppler and Navasota

cowboyandchrist
06-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Hope we get another shot at Eppler and Navasota

Nope, if you get there you will face the Carthage Dawgs. Just poking fun. This year there are three teams from the East that are going to be the real deal. LI, Chapel Hill, and my Dawgs. I believe the Carthage Dawgs will be playing for the title. I am a homer so what else would you expect.

HEMOTOXIC
06-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Nope, if you get there you will face the Carthage Dawgs. Just poking fun. This year there are three teams from the East that are going to be the real deal. LI, Chapel Hill, and my Dawgs. I believe the Carthage Dawgs will be playing for the title. I am a homer so what else would you expect.

This should be a fun season. Remember, Navasota played their 2014 playoff without star RB Randle. Randle graduated but most of the skill positions will be back and the JV team went undefeated last year if I'm not mistaken.

Dawgs
06-23-2015, 08:24 AM

Carthage has 1 of the toughest pre-district schedules around. Let's wait and see where we are after 5 weeks. 3-2 or 4-1 improving every week than I'll agree with you. We definitely have the tools. Our power running game is going to be there, and we should have 2 of the best TE in the state. Defense should be as good as ever late in the season. Honestly IMO it comes down to QB play. If Blisset plays at a high level Carthage will be playing in December.

buckeyebob
06-23-2015, 07:36 PM

But you get a second shot with Tatum...not fair

Dawgs
06-24-2015, 08:20 AM
This should be a fun season. Remember, Navasota played their 2014 playoff without star RB Randle. Randle graduated but most of the skill positions will be back and the JV team went undefeated last year if I'm not mistaken.

So Navasota is going to have a 3 headed monster for sure. Randle, Eppler, and Dickson. How about on the offensive and defensive lines? Being a Carthage fan I love those hogs up front! Sota has to be the team to beat just based on returning skill players. Hopefully the Dawgs will have a chance to push them around up front in late November. This should be one of the best 4a seasons in awhile. Lots of talented teams. Really every region is strong this year. Any teams that make it to the semi finals are going to be battled tested for sure. With maybe the exception of region 4, but admittly I don't know much about that region. I'm ready for September!

Dawgs
06-24-2015, 08:27 AM

Does Dickson have a chance to break any Texas or national receiving records? I know he has to be up there in the all time receiving TD list. Heck he had 39 TD last year which was a state record for a season.

Dawgs
06-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Does Dickson have a chance to break any Texas or national receiving records? I know he has to be up there in the all time receiving TD list. Heck he had 39 TD last year which was a state record for a season.

Nevermind...I didn't realize he broke the national receiving TD record for a season too. I was just reading my DCTF. That was a lot of offense Sota put up last year!

HEMOTOXIC
06-24-2015, 10:56 AM
So Navasota is going to have a 3 headed monster for sure. Randle, Eppler, and Dickson. How about on the offensive and defensive lines? Being a Carthage fan I love those hogs up front! Sota has to be the team to beat just based on returning skill players. Hopefully the Dawgs will have a chance to push them around up front in late November. This should be one of the best 4a seasons in awhile. Lots of talented teams. Really every region is strong this year. Any teams that make it to the semi finals are going to be battled tested for sure. With maybe the exception of region 4, but admittly I don't know much about that region. I'm ready for September!

I will have to get back with you on the o and d lines... I've been out of the loop lately. As far as the 3 headed monster goes, Randle graduated this year. Eppler and Dickson will both be back as well as other key players from last season like Blair, Baker. RB duties will be shared between Philio and Norman.

buckeyebob
06-25-2015, 01:05 PM

Gotta have the Buckeyes on the list...I sure you just overlooked us...that's OK...we seldom get any love.

44INAROW
06-25-2015, 01:55 PM
May be a little homerism

I'm sorry, but the rules don't allow any 'homerism' posts, threads or comments :cheerl::taunt:

HEMOTOXIC
06-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Gotta have the Buckeyes on the list...I sure you just overlooked us...that's OK...we seldom get any love.

I'm sure that he was referring to Division 1.

waterboy
06-25-2015, 02:21 PM

I think he was referring to D1. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't omit Gilmer in a conversation about D2.

Never mind, this has already been pointed out. I got interrupted while typing or I would've beaten him to it.:mad::foul::doh:

Roughneck93
06-25-2015, 04:46 PM
DC's predicted winners....

Division 1

R1... Graham over Stephenville
R2... Argyle over Kennedale
R3... Navasota over Carthage
R4... Liberty Hill over La Vega

Championship... Navasota over Argyle

Division 2

R1... Celina over Sweetwater
R2... Gilmer over Gladewater
R3... West Orange-Stark over La Grange
R4... Sinton over Cuero

Championship... West Orange-Stark over Gilmer

Aesculus gilmus
06-25-2015, 05:32 PM

Division 1

R2... Argyle over Kennedale

Division 2

R4... Sinton over Cuero

It looks to me like DCTF has ALL EIGHT 2014 regional champions in the two divisions of 4A repeating.

I consider the odds of this happening as being very close to impossible.

Dawgs
06-25-2015, 07:54 PM
I think he was referring to D1. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't omit Gilmer in a conversation about D2.

Never mind, this has already been pointed out. I got interrupted while typing or I would've beaten him to it.:mad::foul::doh:

What's going to happen in week 5 at Lobo!? Series tied 2-2...This is a tie breaker game for bragging rights!

hollywood
06-25-2015, 10:59 PM
It looks to me like DCTF has ALL EIGHT 2014 regional champions in the two divisions of 4A repeating.

I concur sir

waterboy
06-26-2015, 07:23 AM
What's going to happen in week 5 at Lobo!? Series tied 2-2...This is a tie breaker game for bragging rights!

It should be a good one for sure. At this point it's a toss-up, simply because of the unknowns. If the Buckeyes start rolling early, I'll go with the Buckeyes in a close one. If not, Carthage will likely pull this one out.

Snotbubbles
06-26-2015, 08:05 AM

It's called cut and pasting. Cheaper for them, need no researchers, writers other than metro schools and colleges. If they get 50% right, it's their norm at no cost.

Eagle1
06-26-2015, 01:29 PM

Division 1

R2... Argyle over

Division 2

R4... Sinton over Cuero

Other than the teams above who would be 3 dI and 3 d2 schools that might make their way into this category?
Maybe Fairfield, Tatum, Vernon or Monahans?

Eagle1
06-26-2015, 05:35 PM
I left off Mexia I think them or Fairfield could be teams that make some noise this year in reg 2

Matthew328
06-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the kind words on the FNF we've worked hard to build a good product....magazine will be out early July

cowboyandchrist
06-27-2015, 10:05 AM

I would never forget the Buckeyes, I was talking DI only. Until the Buckeyes are knocked out of the playoffs, they are still the champs no matter what coach is running the program.

cowboyandchrist
06-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Other than the teams above who would be 3 dI and 3 d2 schools that might make their way into this category?
Maybe Fairfield, Tatum, Vernon or Monahans?

Tatum has more talent, size and speed than any team in DII, but which Tatum team will show up on any given Friday Night. When you see them in person, you will go dang and will ask your self how can they be in DII.
They bring back nearly everybody and on paper should be unstoppable. Look at the Gilmer game, same score as Gilmer and Gladewater. Gilmer had to win with seconds left. That same team gets blown out by Gladewater.
Will the real Tatum Eagles stand up this year, who knows. They have a great coach, one of the best in Texas, but which team takes the field ?

cowboyandchrist
06-27-2015, 10:21 AM
It should be a good one for sure. At this point it's a toss-up, simply because of the unknowns. If the Buckeyes start rolling early, I'll go with the Buckeyes in a close one. If not, Carthage will likely pull this one out.

Not this year, the baby Dawgs from last year have grown up. Many super stars on this team. The two freshmen from last year, the two DE, and in my opinion the best O line in the state will be way to much for a rebuilding State Champ. Gilmer will be good and go a long way in DII, but this Dawg team is for real. Carthage wins by two touch downs. Nothing has changed, the Dawgs will find out what pieces fit where in the first five games and then it will be on like Donkey Kong. I will add that JB will have to be better at finding his receivers and they will have to catch the dang ball, which they will.

buckeyebob
06-27-2015, 02:57 PM
I would never forget the Buckeyes, I was talking DI only. Until the Buckeyes are knocked out of the playoffs, they are still the champs no matter what coach is running the program.

Excellent...I knew it was a misunderstanding & it is on my part...I gotta see the Bux 1st before I can make any real predictions...we have a scrimmage with Hallsville & with Kilgore...these should be a good test...Liberty Eylau @ Jeff Traylor for the 1st game (notice how the JT just rolled off)...LE has been pretty vocal...we should know by then what we have

waterboy
06-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Not this year, the baby Dawgs from last year have grown up. Many super stars on this team. The two freshmen from last year, the two DE, and in my opinion the best O line in the state will be way to much for a rebuilding State Champ. Gilmer will be good and go a long way in DII, but this Dawg team is for real. Carthage wins by two touch downs. Nothing has changed, the Dawgs will find out what pieces fit where in the first five games and then it will be on like Donkey Kong. I will add that JB will have to be better at finding his receivers and they will have to catch the dang ball, which they will.

I have nothing but respect for Carthage, and there are some unknowns with the Buckeyes this upcoming season. You could be right, and then again, you could be wrong. Let's see how it plays out. I don't think it'll be an easy victory for either team.

Dawgs
06-29-2015, 11:09 AM
I have nothing but respect for Carthage, and there are some unknowns with the Buckeyes this upcoming season. You could be right, and then again, you could be wrong. Let's see how it plays out. I don't think it'll be an easy victory for either team.

Game can go either way. Both teams have a lot to prove before district starts.

Eagle8
07-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Tatum has more talent, size and speed than any team in DII, but which Tatum team will show up on any given Friday Night. When you see them in person, you will go dang and will ask your self how can they be in DII.
They bring back nearly everybody and on paper should be unstoppable. Look at the Gilmer game, same score as Gilmer and Gladewater. Gilmer had to win with seconds left. That same team gets blown out by Gladewater.
Will the real Tatum Eagles stand up this year, who knows. They have a great coach, one of the best in Texas, but which team takes the field ?

Yeah, we have got to be more consistent. Played like a state title contender at times last year, at other times we played like a team that wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2A. If we can put it all together every game this year we will be a contender. Plenty of size this year. College sized defensive players. 6'4 245 lb DE, 6' 235 lb LB, 6'3 220 lb LB......several more big kids to go with them. Small but lightening fast RBs. 6'2 190 lb dual threat QB, experience on the line. On paper we are crazy good.....hopefully it translates to the field this year.

Eagle8
07-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Excellent...I knew it was a misunderstanding & it is on my part...I gotta see the Bux 1st before I can make any real predictions...we have a scrimmage with Hallsville & with Kilgore...these should be a good test...Liberty Eylau @ Jeff Traylor for the 1st game (notice how the JT just rolled off)...LE has been pretty vocal...we should know by then what we have

LE is gonna be rowdy.....Big, Fast, Physical and a lot to prove. They scare me the most of any body on our schedule this year and according to Dave Campbell....7 out of the 10 teams on our schedule are ranked in the top 20 in their classification.

buckeyebob
07-12-2015, 09:05 PM
We are in trouble!...big physical kids with our little guys Week 1 & 3...mmmmmm...but we are at Jeff's Stadium

cowboyandchrist
07-17-2015, 08:27 PM
We are in trouble!...big physical kids with our little guys Week 1 & 3...mmmmmm...but we are at Jeff's Stadium

Gilmer has got Tatum's number, 10 wins in 11 years. This year on paper, Tatum should win this game, but the game is played on the field. Gilmer has the best record in all of East Texas. I hope Tatum wins, but I will not predict a win. Gilmer is the champ until someone knocks them off.

Indians212
07-17-2015, 09:11 PM
I love how everyone is over looking Alvarado. They were very young last year and will win their district this year.

Eagle8
07-18-2015, 08:24 AM
Gilmer has got Tatum's number, 10 wins in 11 years. This year on paper, Tatum should win this game, but the game is played on the field. Gilmer has the best record in all of East Texas. I hope Tatum wins, but I will not predict a win. Gilmer is the champ until someone knocks them off.

Yep only beat Traylor twice in his stint at the helm. His first year there in 2000 and when we broke their ridiculous winning streak at home in 2010. But I'm an optimistic person. I think we could see our chances getting a lot greater of making things a little more even in the post Traylor era. Turner will be another great coach but when Traylor left, almost the whole rest of the coaching staff left as well from what I understand. We return a lot and still have Evans. Gilmer graduated the dream team and lost a legend at head coach. Score was Gilmer 41 Tatum 35 last year. Odds lay with Tatum, on paper anyway. Lets see what the story is on the field lol.

lostaussie
07-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Yep only beat Traylor twice in his stint at the helm. His first year there in 2000 and when we broke their ridiculous winning streak at home in 2010. But I'm an optimistic person. I think we could see our chances getting a lot greater of making things a little more even in the post Traylor era. Turner will be another great coach but when Traylor left, almost the whole rest of the coaching staff left as well from what I understand. We return a lot and still have Evans. Gilmer graduated the dream team and lost a legend at head coach. Score was Gilmer 41 Tatum 35 last year. Odds lay with Tatum, on paper anyway. Lets see what the story is on the field lol.

Who left besides head coach?

Eagle8
07-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Who left besides head coach?

Word on the street says a bunch left, they say most left actually....some to Jacksonville....others else where. Who knows. I'm sure Turner will do just fine. A lot of eyes on Gilmer this year though(maybe more so than usual)....eyes wanting to see how the post Traylor Era is gonna be. People will be lined up at the door waiting to bark if they fail. I wouldn't, I have more respect for Gilmer than that. But there will be a bunch of idiots acting stupid should Gilmer fall back a bit under its new coach at first.

Aesculus gilmus
07-19-2015, 11:32 AM
You have history on your side. The last time Gilmer won state, it started off the following season 1-2 with back-to-back losses at home to Tatum and Jacksonville.

This year Gilmer has an equally good chance to go 1-2, losing to Liberty-Eylau and Tatum at home. I don't think there is any way to lose to Pine Tree at home, though. However, I'd give it 50/50 odds that the Buckeyes start off at 1-2 again. That's just having a descent respect for the historical record.

Eagle8
07-19-2015, 02:45 PM
You have history on your side. The last time Gilmer won state, it started off the following season 1-2 with back-to-back losses at home to Tatum and Jacksonville.

This year Gilmer has an equally good chance to go 1-2, losing to Liberty-Eylau and Tatum at home. I don't think there is any way to lose to Pine Tree at home, though. However, I'd give it 50/50 odds that the Buckeyes start off at 1-2 again. That's just having a descent respect for the historical record.

If I've learned anything over the last decade or so, it's to never ever underestimate any Gilmer Buckeye football team no matter who they lost to graduation. Everyone has learned that. There is that big question mark now. Traylor was the reason that you never underestimate Gilmer. Now he's gone and many high school football fans like myself have that feeling of uncertainty. Many Gilmer people say Turner will be a great coach and I'm sure he will but will he be able to do what Traylor did? Will Gilmer continue to be the same program as it was? Sure the talent runs rich but how much of the last 15 years of success was Traylor and how much of it was the talent? In 2010 we(Tatum) were loaded to the gills with talent(despite being half the size of Gilmer), and Gilmer was fielding Traylor's least talented team in his life at Gilmer...that game ended Tatum 47 Gilmer 41. On paper we should have blew Gilmer out of the water but Traylor could run with the loaded teams with much weaker talent. I don't know how he did it but he could make something out of nothing. So there's the big question. Will Turner be able to do that same stuff at the helm? If he does I think we have a dog fight on our hands this year, might even tear us a new one. If he can't.....on paper, we should win by a good bit.

lostaussie
07-19-2015, 03:36 PM
If Coach Turner came from somewhere else I might be worried. Turner and Metzel been running this offense for years. We will be just fine.

regaleagle
07-19-2015, 03:47 PM
If Coach Turner came from somewhere else I might be worried. Turner and Metzel been running this offense for years. We will be just fine.

When's the last time any of you Gilmerites have really been "worried" about the upcoming season, huh? Methinks it's been too long that you don't remember. It's like my brother said to me the other day about those memory pills he's taking now. He said they've really been helping him stay sharp.....except when he forgets to take one, hahaha. Yep, he actually said that to me, and I just about cracked up when I heard it.

lostaussie
07-19-2015, 03:53 PM
I could see us realistically being 8-2 going into playoffs. LE and Carthage will be real tests for us. Tatum doesn't scare me yet......we shall see. At the end of the day I think the Buckeyes will have another deep playoff run. The defense could be one of our best ever. If the QB position pans out and I believe it will, I like our chances. The bad part of that if you believe in history........ We have never won a SC with a blemish on our schedule. Time will tell. It will be fun having 7 home games this year!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Aesculus gilmus
07-19-2015, 05:23 PM
When's the last time any of you Gilmerites have really been "worried" about the upcoming season, huh? Methinks it's been too long that you don't remember. It's like my brother said to me the other day about those memory pills he's taking now. He said they've really been helping him stay sharp.....except when he forgets to take one, hahaha. Yep, he actually said that to me, and I just about cracked up when I heard it.

I'm as worried now as I was in 2010. That was the year I didn't even go to the third round game in Ennis against this unknown team named Argyle (whom much of our fan base thought would be a pushover because you'd lost to Pleasant Grove in that round the year before).

I didn't go because I could see the overconfidence all over the place and suspected the Buckeyes would be blown out - as they were, 41-14.

What was interesting was listening to the Argyle broadcasters that day making fun of the "East Texas speed" phrase. This was not even applicable to the 2010 Buckeyes, who were extremely slow compared to most of our teams.

Gus Johnson was the "speedster" on that team. He recently ran a 4.7 40 at the NFL Combine. It's probably why he wasn't drafted.
http://www.kltv.com/story/28169059/gus-johnson-has-nfl-combine-workout