PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Baseball Coach

OLE'BULL
06-09-2015, 02:29 PM
They have hired Chris Litton from College Station high school. Dont know much about him other than he was their pitching coach. Anybody know anything about him?

chaingang
06-09-2015, 04:48 PM
They have hired Chris Litton from College Station high school. Dont know much about him other than he was their pitching coach. Anybody know anything about him?

That name sure does sound familiar. Im thinking he coached somewhere down here in SETX. Or maybe ive heard someone talk about him.

OldBison75
06-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Litton was at Bullard and Troup I believe. He played pro ball back in the 90's. He was named 3A assistant coach of the year while at Troup if I remember right.
Story is that the kids love him as a coach and he teaches fundamental baseball. Like strong pitching, moving runners, aggressive on the base paths, and does not tolerate bad behavior. Bellville pitching will be better with him teaching.

I think Bellville has a winner in Coach Litton!!!

OLE'BULL
06-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Litton was at Bullard and Troup I believe. He played pro ball back in the 90's. He was named 3A assistant coach of the year while at Troup if I remember right.
Story is that the kids love him as a coach and he teaches fundamental baseball. Like strong pitching, moving runners, aggressive on the base paths, and does not tolerate bad behavior. Bellville pitching will be better with him teaching.

I think Bellville has a winner in Coach Litton!!!

That is great news, thanks OB75! Sounds a lot like David Cernys style of baseball. He should fit right in around here with his mentality. Unfortunately we lost almost all of our starters this year to graduation, though we do have a stud sophmore (Sandoval) coming back for 2 more years. He won the District MVP this year, hopefully we can find some young guys to back him up. Thanks again for the update. Is it football season yet?

OldBison75
06-10-2015, 05:06 PM
By the way Bull, he also has coached running backs and defensive backs at all three schools. He is a pretty good overall addition to your coaching staff!!!!

XMan
06-11-2015, 07:54 AM
This new guy sounds great. As long as he knows his slot T and how important it is, things will work out just fine.