PDA

View Full Version : Like Mark Twain once said,

Cam
06-09-2015, 09:50 AM
"It's not the size of the bird in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the bird.".....or was that "dog"??....:thinking:

Anyways, Ol' Hoots paid us a visit yesterday...and Mr. & Mrs. Mockingbird were not too pleased!.....and if you look closely to the upper right, there's some other little bird checking out the action....he's like, "I ain't messin' with that giant! Dang thing got eyes like a cat!"

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/owl.jpg

"There's been a hoot-owl howling by my window now
For six nights in a row
She's coming for me I know
And on Wildfire we're both gonna go" -- Michael Murphy..........

what's a hoot owl got to do with a pony named Wildfire anyways?....I don't get it!....:vrycnfsd:

Rabid Cougar
06-09-2015, 10:18 AM
MockingBbirds have freaking brass balls. They are not afraid of anything. They go after owls, hawks ,eagles, dogs, cats and humans.

Cam
06-09-2015, 10:47 AM
MockingBbirds have freaking brass balls. They are not afraid of anything. They go after owls, hawks ,eagles, dogs, cats and humans.

LOL!....you reminded me of my childhood....I was about 9 years old.....my momma tried putting an egg back into a mockingbird's nest once....(she didn't know any better..it was probably a bad egg).....right as she put it back, crazy bird dive bombed her and pecked her in the head!.....Drew blood!....Needless to say, momma never tried that crap again!....

Cam
06-09-2015, 11:06 AM
funny thing about this clash....another one took place after the owl had had enough bullying and took off.......this time, two hummingbirds began attacking the mockingbirds.....it turns out the hummers have a nest on a hanging tree branch (very hard to see) right above where the mockingbirds built theirs on a smaller tree......it was hilarious to witness!....little hummers kept swoopin' and hoverin' all over the mocks......man, those things are quick..kinda like east Texas teams!!........The mocks got a taste of their own medicine by those little hummers!....although the mocks appeared more annoyed than anything else!.......meanwhile, I could hear the owl off in the distance hootin' and a hollerin' in delight!......guess it really is true when they say, "what goes around comes around"...........

all this violence.....is Greendawg's fault!.....

Cam
06-09-2015, 11:07 AM

brass balls!!....dang!.....RC, have you ever seen moth balls?

Phil C
06-10-2015, 10:42 AM
I thought it was said by Beethoven.

Rabid Cougar
06-10-2015, 10:45 AM
brass balls!!....dang!.....RC, have you ever seen moth balls?

I tend not to look at guys junk.

Rabid Cougar
06-10-2015, 10:50 AM
funny thing about this clash....another one took place after the owl had had enough bullying and took off.......this time, two hummingbirds began attacking the mockingbirds.....it turns out the hummers have a nest on a hanging tree branch (very hard to see) right above where the mockingbirds built theirs on a smaller tree......it was hilarious to witness!....little hummers kept swoopin' and hoverin' all over the mocks......man, those things are quick..kinda like east Texas teams!!........The mocks got a taste of their own medicine by those little hummers!....although the mocks appeared more annoyed than anything else!.......meanwhile, I could hear the owl off in the distance hootin' and a hollerin' in delight!......guess it really is true when they say, "what goes around comes around"...........

all this violence.....is Greendawg's fault!.....

Scissor Tails will give them fits too. One time saw a Caracara sitting in a dead mesquite tree. Scissor Tail dive bombing his head and a Mocking Bird pecking his ass. Dip **** just sat there an took it. CC's are not the brightest bulb.

Rabid Cougar
06-10-2015, 10:52 AM
The little wren in your picture will wart big birds with their calls. Like you said they wont attack them though. It is a very cool picture.

Cam
06-10-2015, 12:03 PM
I tend not to look at guys junk.

....guess you knew that old joke!....

Cam
06-10-2015, 12:05 PM
The little wren in your picture will wart big birds with their calls. Like you said they wont attack them though. It is a very cool picture.

Thanks RC...but I blew the next shot....owl took off and I wasn't ready for it!....missed a good shot...

Cam
06-10-2015, 12:13 PM
I thought it was said by Beethoven.

no...Beethoven wasn't much of a talker...but he did write a bunch of squiggly lines....his one famous quote was, "Git r done!".......recently brought back to light by Larry The Cable Guy....who never really worked for a cable company and isn't even a true redneck!......

Cam
06-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Scissor Tails will give them fits too. One time saw a Caracara sitting in a dead mesquite tree. Scissor Tail dive bombing his head and a Mocking Bird pecking his ass. Dip **** just sat there an took it. CC's are not the brightest bulb.

not the brightest bulb indeed...but caracaras have been known to walk into 7-Eleven's impersonating an American bald eagle, and convince the clerk to a free hotdog and kiwi strawberry slurpee!!!...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/Caracara_plancus_-Fazenda_Campo_de_Ouro_Piraju_Brasil-8-3c.jpg

Rabid Cougar
06-10-2015, 02:50 PM
not the brightest bulb indeed...but caracaras have been known to walk into 7-Eleven's impersonating an American bald eagle, and convince the clerk to a free hotdog and kiwi strawberry slurpee!!!...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/Caracara_plancus_-Fazenda_Campo_de_Ouro_Piraju_Brasil-8-3c.jpg

See he got a kiwi strawberry slurpee. What an idiot. You know you have to have a Dr. Pepper slurpee with a 7-Eleven hot dog.

Rocket Man
06-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Him's got some mighty sharp looking, flesh tearing talons though.

Rabid Cougar
06-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Him's got some mighty sharp looking, flesh tearing talons though.

Basically scavengers though.

Cam, Another one of your photos? Too damd cool!

Cam
06-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Basically scavengers though.

Cam, Another one of your photos? Too damd cool!

....well....no...I can't actually take credit for snappin' that caracara photo....but I did get this shot of my long-haired-pony-tailed-mechanical-engineer-bass-playin'-fool-of-a-co-worker!!......that boy can fix anything and plays a mean bass guitar!!!....love that shot!:spitlol:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_1144.jpg

Rabid Cougar
06-12-2015, 10:21 AM
....well....no...I can't actually take credit for snappin' that caracara photo....but I did get this shot of my long-haired-pony-tailed-mechanical-engineer-bass-playin'-fool-of-a-co-worker!!......that boy can fix anything and plays a mean bass guitar!!!....love that shot!:spitlol:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_1144.jpg

you had to go and ruin it........:speech: