PDA

View Full Version : UIL State Baseball Brackets

Scoop27
06-07-2015, 10:40 PM
https://www.uiltexas.org/baseball/state/brackets

Rocket Man
06-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting the link.

Does anyone besides me wish the State baseball tourny had a two game elimination format?

It seems inconsistent with the rest of the baseball world to have a one and done format at the highest level of the playoffs. :thinking:

Yoe_09
06-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Thanks for posting the link.

Does anyone besides me wish the State baseball tourny had a two game elimination format?

It seems inconsistent with the rest of the baseball world to have a one and done format at the highest level of the playoffs. :thinking:

I like the idea, but how would you schedule it? Would you play the semis the week before and then have a 3-game series the following week? Would you have a time slot for 3 games since each one could go that length.

I would actually like to see the 4A games moved to the Dell Diamond with the other games. You could schedule it like softball currently has it.

Rabid Cougar
06-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Ha! Big Bad College Station didn't make it. Started playing with schools their own size.

Rocket Man
06-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Ha! Big Bad College Station didn't make it. Started playing with schools their own size.

:2thumbsup

Same feeling comes from Rocket Land about those guys

Rocket Man
06-08-2015, 11:55 AM
I like the idea, but how would you schedule it? Would you play the semis the week before and then have a 3-game series the following week? Would you have a time slot for 3 games since each one could go that length.

I would actually like to see the 4A games moved to the Dell Diamond with the other games. You could schedule it like softball currently has it.

You'd have to add one additional day, start on TUE and end on Saturday with all the Championship Games on Saturday.......wow, that'd be cool......more people could travel on Sat, higher attendance......more $$$$ UIL are you listening?

Of course, you'd have 30 games total, so twice the amount of some expenses, but it sure would make those Championship Saturdays pretty cool.

The proposed format would be:

1st round (Day 1): Team 1 v Team 2; Team 3 v Team 4
2nd round (Day 2): Round 1 Winner v Round 1 Winner
3rd round (Day 3): Round 1 Loser v Round 1 Loser
4th Round (Day 4): Round 3 Winner v Round 2 Loser
5th round: (Day 5): Round 2 Winner v Round 4 Winner (Championship)

Because the maximum amount of games that could be played in a day between the two fields is 8, the format would have to be slightly different for one or two classifications, but it could still all fit within five days.

Just a thought..............

SintonFan_inAustin
06-08-2015, 12:21 PM
It's perfect the way it has been. Want to win the championship then beat the champs from another region in a 1 gamer. Bring your A game or your done.

hookandladder
06-08-2015, 02:56 PM
It's perfect the way it has been. Want to win the championship then beat the champs from another region in a 1 gamer. Bring your A game or your done.

Agree, one gamers.

Yoe_09
06-08-2015, 03:43 PM
I don't mind the format. Thoughts on location? I personally would like to see them at one site so everyone can see all the games. Just wondering if I'm alone on that.

Rabid Cougar
06-09-2015, 10:36 AM
:2thumbsup

Same feeling comes from Rocket Land about those guys

Really should say "they started playing showcase teams like their own!"