Scoop27
06-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Hidalgo 3, El Campo 1-Middle of the 4th

Scoop27
06-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Hidalgo 3, El Campo 1- 4 complete

regaleagle
06-06-2015, 03:03 PM
How's the Hidalgo #1 pitcher doing against the Ricebirds hitters? I guess it was Hidalgo that won the toss and elected for a one-gamer.....just guessing.

Scoop27
06-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Hidalgo 3, El Campo 1-Middle of the 5th, Ricebirds strand runner at 1st

Scoop27
06-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Hidalgo 3, El Campo 1- 5 complete
Pirates leave two runners on base

Scoop27
06-06-2015, 03:34 PM
El Campo 5, Hidalgo 3-Middle of the 6th- Birds with three -run triple and RBI double. Bases left loaded

Scoop27
06-06-2015, 03:44 PM
El Campo 5, Hidalgo 3-6 complete
Pirates had runners at first and second with outs but couldn't score and had a player picked off first. Had a runner stranded at third

Scoop27
06-06-2015, 03:51 PM
El Campo 5, Hidalgo 3-Middle of the 7th

Scoop27
06-06-2015, 04:01 PM
FINAL SCORE- El Campo 5, Hidalgo 3. Pirates leave runner at 1st in bottom of the 7th
Ricebirds advance to state tournament

regaleagle
06-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Great rally by the Ricebirds in the top of the 6th. They plated 4 runs after trailing 3-1. They did what they've done all season and now they are headed to the State Tourney. It is my belief this may be the best Final Four for baseball that we've had in years. El Campo is certainly a team that is scary good. Abilene Wylie knocked off then-undefeated Iowa Park in a 2 game sweep. WO-S is a very strong-hitting team that has great athletes. And Argyle plays a brand of baseball that is difficult to deal with. Congrats to the El Campo Ricebirds on their big win today. See you Wednesday in Round Rock.

regaleagle
06-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Actually 4A will be playing their State Tournament at Disch-Faulk in Austin. El Campo(29-5) vs Argyle(28-7) either at 1 pm or 4 pm. That means Wylie(28-5) vs WO-S(26-9) in these state semifinal matches. Good luck to all the players and their respective teams.

slingshot
06-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Should be a great one! Very strong quartet indeed... Honestly, any of the 4 teams has a very legitimate shot at winning it--very equally matched IMHO.

Phil C
06-07-2015, 11:56 AM
With the great pitching both sides have I expected a 1-0 or maybe a 2-1 type game. Shows you never know.

chaingang
06-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Looks like WOS/El Campo Wednesday at 4. Wylie/Argyle at 1. To my knowledge, we WOS, have never played any of yall in any sport. Good to see all these storied programs meeting up. Almost wish it was a double elimination tournament so you can see more match ups. Obviously I'm glad that all of these teams are in it and looks like we are the only new kids on the block. Haha. I have to pull for my Mustangs. They are an amazing team. You can't really describe the type of team they are but if I did, the word would be scrappy. Just a bunch of kids determined to prove people wrong. Another side note, we have some sophomores on our team that can ball. One of them is the QB from our State Finals team. The kid is a pure athlete. I think one of our strong points is we have no weakness in the lineup. 1-9 can put the ball in play.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Looks like WOS/El Campo Wednesday at 4. Wylie/Argyle at 1. To my knowledge, we WOS, have never played any of yall in any sport. Good to see all these storied programs meeting up. Almost wish it was a double elimination tournament so you can see more match ups. Obviously I'm glad that all of these teams are in it and looks like we are the only new kids on the block. Haha. I have to pull for my Mustangs. They are an amazing team. You can't really describe the type of team they are but if I did, the word would be scrappy. Just a bunch of kids determined to prove people wrong. Another side note, we have some sophomores on our team that can ball. One of them is the QB from our State Finals team. The kid is a pure athlete. I think one of our strong points is we have no weakness in the lineup. 1-9 can put the ball in play.I think El Campo hasn't been to a state tourney since 1993. Wylie might be the only one that has been there a lot through the years and Argyle making it back to back but don't think they had been there before that. Realeagle will correct me on that if i'm wrong but was pretty sure last year when they played siinton it was their first time there.

chaingang
06-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Ah, ok. For se reason I was thinking the rice birds have been there a few times recently. Either way, like someone said earlier, we have a heck of a lineup of teams in Austin. Can't wait to see it all pan out. Hopefully the Mustangs will be playing a second game.

bird_fan
06-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Looks like WOS/El Campo Wednesday at 4. Wylie/Argyle at 1. To my knowledge, we WOS, have never played any of yall in any sport. Good to see all these storied programs meeting up. Almost wish it was a double elimination tournament so you can see more match ups. Obviously I'm glad that all of these teams are in it and looks like we are the only new kids on the block. Haha. I have to pull for my Mustangs. They are an amazing team. You can't really describe the type of team they are but if I did, the word would be scrappy. Just a bunch of kids determined to prove people wrong. Another side note, we have some sophomores on our team that can ball. One of them is the QB from our State Finals team. The kid is a pure athlete. I think one of our strong points is we have no weakness in the lineup. 1-9 can put the ball in play.

actually back in 1990 or 1991 El Campo and WOS played a bi District baseball match up ans WOS wonthe two game set 2-0

chaingang
06-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Hmm, interesting. I believe 91 was the last time we were at state also.

regaleagle
06-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Argyle's school is only 13 seasons old, lol. No they haven't been to the State Tourney in baseball before last year, thanks in large part to Pleasant Grove, haha. Besides, it's taken a few years to get the baseball program up to the level it is now....it doesn't happen overnight. For the most part, the team has been very competitive in Region II for the past 10 years, but only recently have the Eagles been able to break thru to win the regional final.

bird_fan
06-07-2015, 10:36 PM
This is the Ricebirds 5th state tournement appearance They have 3 championships and one semifinal loss n those appearances.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-08-2015, 12:26 PM
This is the Ricebirds 5th state tournement appearance They have 3 championships and one semifinal loss n those appearances.From late 80's and on it has been mostly CC Moody or Calallen in the old 4a level that came out of region IV they had string of like 18 or 19 straight years it was one of them that represented.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-08-2015, 12:28 PM
This is the Ricebirds 5th state tournement appearance They have 3 championships and one semifinal loss n those appearances.is this the group that had a pretty good little league team this year team?

Weebe
06-08-2015, 01:34 PM
From late 80's and on it has been mostly CC Moody or Calallen in the old 4a level that came out of region IV they had string of like 18 or 19 straight years it was one of them that represented.

El Campo was always Region III when we were in 4a.

When we were at the state tournament in 1993, we were the representative out of Region III and Calallen was the representative for Region IV.

Jason Duke beat our asses on more than one occasion.