PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's Coach K Retires

sinfan75
06-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Adrian Alaniz has been named the new baseball coach.

44INAROW
06-05-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm sure Sinton Pirate fans/athletes will miss Coach K, but it's so cool when a hometown graduate and standout player returns home to coach at his alma mater.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Weebe
06-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Congrats to Adrian.

Was actually hoping we would look at him if our coach leaves after this year.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-06-2015, 04:41 AM
still recall his first season at Sinton when coach k and coach Ynostrosa both came from Three Rivers in 1985. Coach K took over the varisty half way through the season that year for Coach Wayne Atzenhofer long time Sinton baseball coach that had gotten ill. Coach Atzenhofer practices were more relaxed type of atmosphere from what I remember. Coach K was named head coach in 1986 and he preached and instill on us fundamentals, 2 strike approach. It was pitching and defense that Coach K teams were known for. 4 state championship game appearances and won 3 of those with the only loss to unbeaten Lorena team in extra innings. 7 state tourney appearances, 21 district titles. From 2000-2015, Sinton won 14 with 10 in a row from 2000-2009.

Sinton baseball fans will always be grateful that coach K came to Sinton and turn Sinton into a team to be reckon with each season. Congrats to coach Adrian Alaniz as the new Sinton baseball head coach.

bd62
06-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Coach K was not only a great Coach he was also a class act.Yoakum played them about 5 times in playoffs and all series went 3 games. If I remember right we beat them only once in 2000. Adrian is a great replacement. Him and Randy Boone of Yoakum met twice in playoffs and then were teamates at Texas
Enjoy your retirement Coach K