PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville All State RB Williams transferring to Cedar Hill

jason
06-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Could have been a stud in Stephenville...

Cam
06-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Could have been a stud in Stephenville...

How does that work exactly? He'll be an incoming junior right? What are the rules for transferring? I'm still not clear on the rules...:vrycnfsd:...Are they posted somewhere on the UIL website?....

slingshot
06-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Guess this has been coming for a while. I was told this was going to happen 6 months ago by my buddy that bleeds blue and gold and played on 2 of the state championship teams in the 90's...

Rabid Cougar
06-02-2015, 11:21 AM
How does that work exactly? He'll be an incoming junior right? What are the rules for transferring? I'm still not clear on the rules...:vrycnfsd:...Are they posted somewhere on the UIL website?....

As long as the parents move, he is good to go this year. Happened to China Spring's stud that started for Allen last year.

slingshot
06-02-2015, 12:05 PM
As long as the parents move, he is good to go this year. Happened to China Spring's stud that started for Allen last year.Don't think he was living with his parents anyway... could be wrong though.

caleb_mccaig
06-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Don't think he was living with his parents anyway... could be wrong though.

He's transferring because his mom got a job as a teacher at Cedar Hill.

Rabid Cougar
06-02-2015, 01:09 PM
He's transferring because his mom got a job as a teacher at Cedar Hill.

There you go CAM. He's as good as Gold.... I mean Red.

caleb_mccaig
06-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Lol.

Cam
06-02-2015, 01:36 PM

So what if his mom got a job within the same district in the rival town next door? Still no problems?

Matthew328
06-02-2015, 06:08 PM
So what if his mom got a job within the same district in the rival town next door? Still no problems?

Stephenville could check the box that says he transferred for athletic purposes but its rare...and even if they did 99% of the time State Executive Committee would over rule

hollywood
06-02-2015, 07:06 PM
He's definitely a talent. Stud against mediocre 4A's, solid against good 4A's, average against Elite 4A's. At Cedar Hill? We'll have to wait. Wish him and his family all the best.

Emerson1
06-02-2015, 08:47 PM
He's definitely a talent. Stud against mediocre 4A's, solid against good 4A's, average against Elite 4A's. At Cedar Hill? We'll have to wait. Wish him and his family all the best.

As what? A 15/16 year old sophomore?

Eagle1
06-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Is he a white boy? If he is and thinks he is going to be a RB at cedar hill that is funny!

D'Highlander
06-03-2015, 06:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4svaNWwkYaI

D'Highlander
06-03-2015, 07:00 AM
Also heard the JR QB that was going to compete for the starting job bailed to Tolar.

Rabid Cougar
06-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Is he a white boy? If he is and thinks he is going to be a RB at cedar hill that is funny!

I don't think that will be a problem.

Dawgs
06-03-2015, 07:47 AM

As a freshman and sophomore he was touted as going to be the best RB ever to come thru Ville, now he was solid to average against top 4a competition? I never saw him in person, but he looked like an absolute stud on video. I think there might a slight bias now that he is transferring to another school. Just seems a little crazy to me that a kid would transfer from Ville for athletic reasons. I would think Ville would never have this problem. I guess that is kind of a problem when you live close to the metroplex and, there are so many awesome programs in that part of the state. In lil' ol' East Texas there is no where to go. Carthage, Gilmer, and Longview would be the schools you would transfer to, and although it happens its not very common for a D1 athlete to transfer schools. Glad we don't have these kinds of issues. We will just stay over here in the sticks, and enjoy our homegrown athletes.

Rabid Cougar
06-03-2015, 07:51 AM

That's what they said about CS's rb. At Allen? Starting running back. This kid will have no problem at Cedar Hill. I have seen him in action up close. He could play on Saturdays right now.

D'Highlander
06-03-2015, 10:24 AM
That's what they said about CS's rb. At Allen? Starting running back. This kid will have no problem at Cedar Hill. I have seen him in action up close. He could play on Saturdays right now.

depends on what level you are talking about...

slingshot
06-03-2015, 10:39 AM
As a freshman and sophomore he was touted as going to be the best RB ever to come thru Ville, now he was solid to average against top 4a competition? I never saw him in person, but he looked like an absolute stud on video. I think there might a slight bias now that he is transferring to another school. Just seems a little crazy to me that a kid would transfer from Ville for athletic reasons. I would think Ville would never have this problem. I guess that is kind of a problem when you live close to the metroplex and, there are so many awesome programs in that part of the state. In lil' ol' East Texas there is no where to go. Carthage, Gilmer, and Longview would be the schools you would transfer to, and although it happens its not very common for a D1 athlete to transfer schools. Glad we don't have these kinds of issues. We will just stay over here in the sticks, and enjoy our homegrown athletes.Nice video... but you notice there were no highlights against top defenses last year like Wylie or Graham. He was contained.

hollywood
06-03-2015, 09:38 PM
As a freshman and sophomore he was touted as going to be the best RB ever to come thru Ville, now he was solid to average against top 4a competition? I never saw him in person, but he looked like an absolute stud on video. I think there might a slight bias now that he is transferring to another school. Just seems a little crazy to me that a kid would transfer from Ville for athletic reasons. I would think Ville would never have this problem. I guess that is kind of a problem when you live close to the metroplex and, there are so many awesome programs in that part of the state. In lil' ol' East Texas there is no where to go. Carthage, Gilmer, and Longview would be the schools you would transfer to, and although it happens its not very common for a D1 athlete to transfer schools. Glad we don't have these kinds of issues. We will just stay over here in the sticks, and enjoy our homegrown athletes.

Yep, for Sville, he would have gone down as one of the greatest RB's to suit up the blue and gold. Like I said before, kid is a true talent. Wish he and his family the best. He will have his successes at Cedar Hill. His vision, explosive cuts and impeccable balance are all quality. But when up against really good defenses, he was contained like slingshot mentioned. Kilgore, Aledo, Graham and Wylie's defenses limited his yards more than any other programs. They have great defenses. At Cedar Hills level, defenses will be even bigger, stronger and faster. He'll have some big adjustments to make to excel at that level as he did the past 2 years of varsity playing for Sville.

Rabid Cougar
06-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Yep, for Sville, he would have gone down as one of the greatest RB's to suit up the blue and gold. Like I said before, kid is a true talent. Wish he and his family the best. He will have his successes at Cedar Hill. His vision, explosive cuts and impeccable balance are all quality. But when up against really good defenses, he was contained like slingshot mentioned. Kilgore, Aledo, Graham and Wylie's defenses limited his yards more than any other programs. They have great defenses. At Cedar Hills level, defenses will be even bigger, stronger and faster. He'll have some big adjustments to make to excel at that level as he did the past 2 years of varsity playing for Sville.

He will also have a D1 level talent blocking for him.

hollywood
06-03-2015, 10:40 PM
He will also have a D1 level talent blocking for him.

Like I said, I wish him all the best.

WOS1
06-03-2015, 10:51 PM

Oh it happens... Trey Baldwin (DI recruit) left WOS for Cy-Falls.

hollywood
06-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Also heard the JR QB that was going to compete for the starting job bailed to Tolar.

This will be an interesting season for sure. New AD, new HC, new starting QB, seasoned RB transferring out. I do know this... there are plenty of talented young men still in the program ready to lead this season.

slingshot
06-03-2015, 11:33 PM
...I do know this... there are plenty of talented young men still in the program ready to lead this season.No doubt...

Rattler
06-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Nice video... but you notice there were no highlights against top defenses last year like Wylie or Graham. He was contained.

:2thumbsup

regaleagle
06-04-2015, 08:42 AM
It's just been one storm after another hitting Stephenville this Spring, lol.

caleb_mccaig
06-04-2015, 12:09 PM
I mean I think he almost eclipsed 3,000 total yards last year, 1,700 on the ground and more than 1,300 through the air. That's an ELITE player at any level, doesn't matter the competition faced.

Good luck to Kaegun, was looking forward to covering him but life happens. Hope he can win a ring up there.

Yoe_09
06-04-2015, 10:05 PM
This will be an interesting season for sure. New AD, new HC, new starting QB, seasoned RB transferring out. I do know this... there are plenty of talented young men still in the program ready to lead this season.

Was this the kid that was starting at 7 on 7 when they qualified at McGregor?

D'Highlander
06-05-2015, 07:01 AM

The RB was

Yoe_09
06-05-2015, 07:49 AM
The RB was

What about the QB?

jason
06-05-2015, 08:23 AM
What about the QB?
I believe he was as well.

I think I said a time ago Stephenville would finish outside the top 25 next year...

toddg
06-05-2015, 08:54 AM
on the football field, KW will be just fine in CH...THE major adjustment for him will be size and atmosphere at CHHS,,my wife has been coaching/teaching in DeSoto for 20 years..coming from Aledo..just the sheer size of the school was a shock!

Rabid Cougar
06-05-2015, 10:40 AM

I told his coach he should be over at Baylor that day. Kid was awesome.

caleb_mccaig
06-05-2015, 01:25 PM
What about the QB?

I couldn't make it to the McGregor tourny since I was moving, but Jones looked pretty dang good at league play in Azle this week.

Hollyville
06-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Jones and the team looked great again as they owned Aledo in 7v7 matchup this afternoon. Going to be a fun year.

hollywood
06-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Jones and the team looked great again as they owned Aledo in 7v7 matchup this afternoon. Going to be a fun year.

I've been hearing about the 7v7 team looking really good so far. I'll be there this weekend for the Tarleton tourney.

caleb_mccaig
06-10-2015, 09:41 AM
I've been VERY impressed with what I've seen from Jones in 7 on 7. I know that doesn't really dictate much for the success of a team during the season, but the kid can really throw the ball wherever he wants.

Rabid Cougar
06-10-2015, 10:08 AM
I've been VERY impressed with what I've seen from Jones in 7 on 7. I know that doesn't really dictate much for the success of a team during the season, but the kid can really throw the ball wherever he wants.

They tore a very talented Cameron team to shreds at McGregor.

jason
06-10-2015, 02:17 PM
I've been hearing about the 7v7 team looking really good so far. I'll be there this weekend for the Tarleton tourney.
I might come up and watch a game.

win the 4th
06-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Me too. Are the pools released yet?

caleb_mccaig
06-10-2015, 04:07 PM

Yeah, I got em today.

Stephenville is playing with Midland Christian, Canton and Ballinger.

9:00 a.m. vs. Midland Christian
10a.m. vs. Ballinger
11 a.m. vs. Canton

Matthew328
06-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Midland Christian pulled out they are going to Abilene instead

hollywood
06-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Replace Midland Christian with Graham... Done deal. :D

It's only 7 on 7.

jason
06-11-2015, 08:17 AM
This is at TSU intramural fields?

jason
06-11-2015, 08:18 AM
holler at me if you come

caleb_mccaig
06-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Midland Christian pulled out they are going to Abilene instead

Well, as of yesterday Tarleton said Midland Christian was in, but that was around noon lol. Wonder what that does for that pool then.

hollywood
06-11-2015, 02:43 PM

Cool, I'll look for ya.

jason
06-12-2015, 11:28 AM
I'll be there - will either have my son or my dog!!

CP3Dad
06-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Need some games, that's for sure.:helpme:

Replace Midland Christian with Graham... Done deal. :D

It's only 7 on 7.