PDA

View Full Version : JH 7 on 7

coach
05-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Anybody heard of Jr. High 7 on 7?

I have to go to a tournament tomorrow and I am super pissed about it.

Matthew328
05-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Ohh yeah I've heard of it been going on for years in DFW probably Houston also

Yoe_09
05-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Where are you going? I know Cameron Yoe junior high is in Midway.

slingshot
05-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Anybody heard of Jr. High 7 on 7?

I have to go to a tournament tomorrow and I am super pissed about it.Next they'll have Pee Wee and Pop Warner 7 on 7!!!:foul:

buckeyebob
05-30-2015, 07:57 AM
We paly Junior High in our regular 7on7...hard to get 7th grade but 8th is full bore

Yoe_09
05-30-2015, 07:22 PM
Where are you going? I know Cameron Yoe junior high is in Midway.

And won the tournament with wins over...

Lorena
Belton
Midway
Robinson

Matthew328
05-31-2015, 07:05 PM
they have multiple elementary school 7 on 7 leagues in DFW...Arlington I know goes to 3rd grade

Cam
05-31-2015, 09:51 PM
This thread brought back some memories! Here's a pic of Burnet's 7 on 7 state championship team from 2007. These boys had just completed the 8th grade (incoming freshman). Man they look so little! Tournament was held in College Station just like the varsity tournament. Do they still do the underclassmen tournaments???
This was a special group of boys. Beat Lake Travis in the championship game. Some names you might recognize from this group:
Bottom row L - R: Jaxon Shipley (now with Arizona Cardinals), Shirtless Cam McDaniel (Notre Dame RB), Aaron Thomas wearing Texas cap (starting WR at SFA U. - his last season will be this year). The kid in the white t-shirt 2nd from right bottom row is Gavin McDaniel (Cam's little brother). He is now a Washington Husky.
Top row had some interesting characters: The shirtless kid with the headband is Brandon Jacque. Probably good enough to play some college ball but didn't play his senior year in high school. Fourth from the left top row was QB Jackie Dickinson. (Jaxon's cousin) Quit football his sophomore year. Too bad some of these boys moved away and others left the game. Could've been an interesting group to watch in high school. My Cam Jr will always wonder what coulda woulda shoulda been.....so will I....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/7%20on%207%20%202007.jpg

coach
06-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Our 7th grade went 1-2 and our 8th grade got 3rd.

HOLY SMOKES does Midway have a nice indoor facility. They said Art Briles told them it was nicer than Baylor's. Weight room was baddass too.

Rabid Cougar
06-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Our 7th grade went 1-2 and our 8th grade got 3rd.

HOLY SMOKES does Midway have a nice indoor facility. They said Art Briles told them it was nicer than Baylor's. Weight room was baddass too.

The athletes in Waco....... I mean Hewitt and Woodway deserve the best.

BullDawgDad
06-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Cam if you also noticed the tall coach in the back is Stephen Shipley, Jaxon's uncle and still #2 all time reception leader at TCU. his son Hanner is a TE at LSU.

This thread brought back some memories! Here's a pic of Burnet's 7 on 7 state championship team from 2007. These boys had just completed the 8th grade (incoming freshman). Man they look so little! Tournament was held in College Station just like the varsity tournament. Do they still do the underclassmen tournaments???
This was a special group of boys. Beat Lake Travis in the championship game. Some names you might recognize from this group:
Bottom row L - R: Jaxon Shipley (now with Arizona Cardinals), Shirtless Cam McDaniel (Notre Dame RB), Aaron Thomas wearing Texas cap (starting WR at SFA U. - his last season will be this year). The kid in the white t-shirt 2nd from right bottom row is Gavin McDaniel (Cam's little brother). He is now a Washington Husky.
Top row had some interesting characters: The shirtless kid with the headband is Brandon Jacque. Probably good enough to play some college ball but didn't play his senior year in high school. Fourth from the left top row was QB Jackie Dickinson. (Jaxon's cousin) Quit football his sophomore year. Too bad some of these boys moved away and others left the game. Could've been an interesting group to watch in high school. My Cam Jr will always wonder what coulda woulda shoulda been.....so will I....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/7%20on%207%20%202007.jpg