PDA

View Full Version : Sooo... Maybe Rangers aren't as bad as everyone thought?

slingshot
05-26-2015, 10:41 AM
Playing some great ball right now.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-26-2015, 11:00 AM
They look different in lineup now, I knew most of the players in line up unlike earlier in the season :)
pitching though had no idea who Klein was, did he just get called up or has he been a starter for a while now. He was throwing batting practice.

Macarthur
05-26-2015, 11:20 AM
Considering how bad injuries have hit the starting rotation, it really is remarkable that they are around .500.

I'm not optimistic that they can sustain this, but sure hope so.

slpybear the bullfan
05-26-2015, 02:18 PM
...all going according to the Great Jon Daniels master plan.

slingshot
05-26-2015, 04:03 PM
...all going well despite the Great Jon Daniels master plan.There. Fixed it for you...

caleb_mccaig
05-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Considering how bad injuries have hit the starting rotation, it really is remarkable that they are around .500.

The starting pitching has been on the team's strong points thus far. The real issue is middle relief.

I'm worried that with the division not being as competitive as everyone thought in the pre-season, that Daniels may not trade off some key pieces for future prospects. I'd rather just tank and ultimately get better than finish the year at .500 and not make the playoffs.

Regardless, they've been fun to watch the last couple of days. Deshields, Choo and Fielder have been awesome as of late and getting Moreland back has helped too. At least I don't feel like I'm killing the baseball fan inside of me whenever I watch them now.

regaleagle
05-26-2015, 10:16 PM
Rangers sweep the Indians in Cleveland to keep the streak alive.....7 in a row and the last 8 of 9. They win 4-3 off Moreland's 8th inning solo shot.

waterboy
05-27-2015, 07:40 AM

Exactly my line of thinking, except the eternal optimist in me says they can sustain it long enough. Whether they can or not, we'll have to see. It is my line of thinking that the law of averages is catching up. When you are batting around .200 as a team, and you have most of your players hitting at a .275 average or better for a season normally, you will go through streaks that will get your average closer to normal. Most of us just didn't expect it to happen at once.

Macarthur
05-27-2015, 09:33 AM
True. They couldn't continue hitting as poorly as they were to start.

Also, HOlland and Perez come back pretty soon after the break. That's two really nice arms.

Saggy Aggie
05-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Oh snap... Rump Rangers trying to be decent again?

SintonFan_inAustin
05-27-2015, 10:25 AM
Oh snap... Rump Rangers trying to be decent again?
Check your side mirrors, objects are closer than they appear :)

You have the Rangers on one side mirror and the Angels in the other side mirror lol

slingshot
05-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Oh snap... Rump Rangers trying to be decent again?Don't worry--the real Astros will flame out and fall back to earth soon enough...

waterboy
05-27-2015, 02:01 PM
True. They couldn't continue hitting as poorly as they were to start.

Also, HOlland and Perez come back pretty soon after the break. That's two really nice arms.

Yes, and when they do make it back, they can move some more effective arms into the bullpen to help it get better. I think the ingredients for a decent team are there if injuries would stop decimating their ranks. Injuries have absolutely devastated the Rangers. If they can keep from getting major injuries I think they can be in the thick of things in late September. It's the eternal optimist in me that says they will. We'll see.

Ragin Red
05-27-2015, 02:33 PM
I was about to give up on them and just watch some high school tournament baseball. Now i can do both and enjoy both.

slpybear the bullfan
05-29-2015, 10:34 AM
come on now... you guys have to give credit for the good and the bad on ole Jon. ;)

Saggy Aggie
05-29-2015, 12:53 PM
Don't worry--the real Astros will flame out and fall back to earth soon enough...

Lol, I'm not worried about the strangers....

I'm more concerned with the A's than I am with Arlington....

regaleagle
05-29-2015, 07:37 PM
With last night's loss to Boston, the Strangers have now dropped 2 in a row. Their record stands at 23-25.....7 games back of division-leading Houston.....but only 1 game back of the Angels in 2nd place. Hard to believe that the Athletics are bringing up the rear 13 games back. BTW, Hamilton just hit his first homer for the Rangers this season.....it was a solo shot that was gone when it left the bat. It was against the Red Sox knuckleballer......I reckon he hung one that Josh couldn't resist, haha.

slingshot
05-30-2015, 09:18 AM
Good to see Josh come around--2 HR's in last night's win...

waterboy
06-01-2015, 07:38 AM
With last night's loss to Boston, the Strangers have now dropped 2 in a row. Their record stands at 23-25.....7 games back of division-leading Houston.....but only 1 game back of the Angels in 2nd place. Hard to believe that the Athletics are bringing up the rear 13 games back. BTW, Hamilton just hit his first homer for the Rangers this season.....it was a solo shot that was gone when it left the bat. It was against the Red Sox knuckleballer......I reckon he hung one that Josh couldn't resist, haha.

Hmmm..., then they win the last three in-a-row, taking their first home series this season. They also jump past .500 on the season, get within one game of the Angels, and five games of the Astros. The chase is on. The Rangers are getting it done. The loss of Beltre for a couple of weeks (at least) hurts, but there's a lot of firepower in this lineup. I hope the Rangers don't skip a beat.

coach
06-01-2015, 10:01 AM

Josh actually hit 2 that game and the night before he went 2-4 with an RBI and yesterday hit a walkoff 2 RBI double. I rekon the Rangers are on a roll.

lostaussie
06-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Sometimes, games like yesterdays, can propel you a long way. Let's hope so!!!

slingshot
06-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Sometimes, games like yesterdays, can propel you a long way. Let's hope so!!!What a finish. Wow! Josh still has his sweet swing. The best part was the Gatorade bath during the post game interview--did anyone else see that? LMAO...

lostaussie
06-01-2015, 10:28 AM
I did. Poor Emily was trying to stay covered up!! Lol

slingshot
06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
I did. Poor Emily was trying to stay covered up!! LolThat was classic!

regaleagle
06-02-2015, 10:02 PM
How about tipping a glass(of wine) to Joey Gallo tonite. Making his rookie debut at age 21, he goes 3-3 with a 2-run single, a 2-run homer, and a double with a walk mixed in. He hit the cover off the ball all night and was an unforgettable memory for himself and his parents tonite. The double was high off the wall on a pitch that jammed him inside and still almost left the park in deep right center. Gallo bats from the left side. He sets the all-time Rangers record for most RBI in a debut at 4 tonite. The Rangers smacked 3 homers and scored 15 runs on 19 hits against the White Sox tonite, their most hits in a game this season. They are now 27-25.....2 games above 500.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-03-2015, 11:49 AM
How about tipping a glass(of wine) to Joey Gallo tonite. Making his rookie debut at age 21, he goes 3-3 with a 2-run single, a 2-run homer, and a double with a walk mixed in. He hit the cover off the ball all night and was an unforgettable memory for himself and his parents tonite. The double was high off the wall on a pitch that jammed him inside and still almost left the park in deep right center. Gallo bats from the left side. He sets the all-time Rangers record for most RBI in a debut at 4 tonite. The Rangers smacked 3 homers and scored 15 runs on 19 hits against the White Sox tonite, their most hits in a game this season. They are now 27-25.....2 games above 500.3 for 4. He struck out late in the game. Bad call on a pitch by ump calling it a strike ruin that AB for him as he swung at balls after that. Resembles Will Clark to me.

coach
06-03-2015, 12:39 PM
3 for 4. He struck out late in the game. Bad call on a pitch by ump calling it a strike ruin that AB for him as he swung at balls after that. Resembles Will Clark to me.

except not as ugly

Saggy Aggie
06-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Hamilton out for up to a month and they lost lol