PDA

View Full Version : tejastrue / Wimberley

Cam
05-25-2015, 01:07 PM
With all that flooding in Wimberley, just checking in with ya. Hope you and your family are safe.

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Thanks for posting this Cam. I was about to do the same.

1st and goal
05-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Praying hope and quick recovery to all the Wimbo folk in that area.

zebrablue2
05-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Praying hope and quick recovery to all the Wimbo folk in that area.

Myself included, prayers said and sent!!!

Tejastrue
05-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Thanks Cam for posting. Thanks folks. Fortunately the Tejastrue family does not live near the Blanco River. Such devastation..I cannot begin to comprehend. The loss of lives is just sickening. I really have no more words other than to say this is a very strong community with good folks. It will take some time....prayers indeed.

Gsquared
05-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Thanks Cam for posting. Thanks folks. Fortunately the Tejastrue family does not live near the Blanco River. Such devastation..I cannot begin to comprehend. The loss of lives is just sickening. I really have no more words other than to say this is a very strong community with good folks. It will take some time....prayers indeed.

Prayers to all you guys down there

regaleagle
05-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Looks pretty devastating on The Weather Channel shots. Now Houston is flooded.....the mosquito outbreak will be the next calamity. Let's just hope the strain is not the kind that makes people sick and spreads disease.

bag-o-chips
05-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Prayers and best wishes from The Geronimo Navarro community. We know all to well what floods bring and can do to a community!

Tejastrue
05-26-2015, 06:21 PM
You cannot access the city of Wimberley from the south (San Marcos side). All of the bridges have been closed or washed away by the floods.

44INAROW
05-26-2015, 10:54 PM
You cannot access the city of Wimberley from the south (San Marcos side). All of the bridges have been closed or washed away by the floods.

Glad you're ok Tejas. Unimaginable tragedy. Those families whose loved ones are still missing... I just can't imagine how they are dealing... So sad.....

Getting the infrastructure (bridges) will be a priority, hopefully. Dealing with the state and federal government agencies along with FEMA is frustrating. We've (Cuero) been there... If a person works for a living, they shouldn't expect much help financially from FEMA...Prepare to borrow from SBA for a low interest loan.
If a person is already on assistance, They'll come out debt free. Isn't our system wonderful?
We are bracing for the river crest expected early Thursday morning. Personally, we are in a holding pattern in my subdivision. We had 48 inches to 4 feet of water in our houses in 1998... But we got 6 inches of rain in Cuero on the day that the river crested from 12 inches Of rain in New Braunfels 3 days earlier. Literally, the perfect storm... We've had the rain now, but had 2 days for the runoff. River crested at 50 ft then. Expecting 41ft Thursday, so I think we are AOK. Worried about my oldest son and his family.. They might get water... He's prepared and unlike most here, we both have flood insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bobcat1
05-27-2015, 06:24 PM

Prayers to all you guys down there

Ditto. Glad you are safe. Thoughts and prayers for the community.

1st and goal
05-29-2015, 08:09 AM
Glad you're ok Tejas. Unimaginable tragedy. Those families whose loved ones are still missing... I just can't imagine how they are dealing... So sad.....

Getting the infrastructure (bridges) will be a priority, hopefully. Dealing with the state and federal government agencies along with FEMA is frustrating. We've (Cuero) been there... If a person works for a living, they shouldn't expect much help financially from FEMA...Prepare to borrow from SBA for a low interest loan.
If a person is already on assistance, They'll come out debt free. Isn't our system wonderful?
We are bracing for the river crest expected early Thursday morning. Personally, we are in a holding pattern in my subdivision. We had 48 inches to 4 feet of water in our houses in 1998... But we got 6 inches of rain in Cuero on the day that the river crested from 12 inches Of rain in New Braunfels 3 days earlier. Literally, the perfect storm... We've had the rain now, but had 2 days for the runoff. River crested at 50 ft then. Expecting 41ft Thursday, so I think we are AOK. Worried about my oldest son and his family.. They might get water... He's prepared and unlike most here, we both have flood insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Praying the river doesn't get into your homes down there.

Tejastrue
07-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Not trying to drag this on but I have not been on here in a while and just wanted to say thanks for the postings and support. I welcome the upcoming football season if not for anything but a temporary distraction. I just want to say thanks for the many schools..many our rival schools in competition.. that took the time to make the trip to Wimberley and share in this crazy clean-up/restoration process. Wow..even Coach Strong and some UT football players made the trip. Thanks to all and know this has been so much appreciated!!! Go Texans!!