PDA

View Full Version : Best Offensive Lineman in 3A

Pudlugger
07-17-2002, 08:24 AM
I have heard Jasper has a tackle that is one of the best in Texas. Sealy has a guy that is great also. What are some of the other opionions out there?

duckbutter
07-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Jasper's tackle is not just one of the best he is the best in my opinion, he is an animal. I read the A&M scouting report on him and it said he had something like 79 registered pancake blocks last yr. Newton has one of the best centers, Max Karpel, in 3A, big, quick, strong and very aggresive. This kid has been starting on varsity since he was a freshman.

Bulldog92
07-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Jorrie Adams may end up being the best football player Jasper has ever produced at any position. He did have over 70 pancake blocks last year and has a lot to do with why the offense is so prolific. DCTF has him as the top-ranked lineman in the state in all classifications and he is expected to make an immediate impact at the college level. The only question I have is how he is in the classroom, which may not even be an issue. Jasper seems to produce an awful lot of guys that could be D1 college talent that don't qualify academically and end up at junior colleges.

sammy
07-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Sealy's best lineman graduated & will play college ball next.

Matthew328
07-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Adams out of Jasper is the best....the kid Wallace from Cuero is also a stud...Everman has a center Monte Mayo that is a 2 year starter and was all-state last year as a junior...

EvermanDawg88
07-17-2002, 07:15 PM
Nick Clark from Everman has also been a starter on varsity since his sophomore year. He placed second in his weight class in state in powerlifting and runs a 4.69 in the 40 at 5'11 / 230.

Pudlugger
07-18-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by EvermanDawg88:
Nick Clark from Everman has also been a starter on varsity since his sophomore year. He placed second in his weight class in state in powerlifting and runs a 4.69 in the 40 at 5'11 / 230.

Why on Earth don't they let this kid carry the football! With that size and speed he could be the next Ricky Williams.

j_dog
07-18-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog92:
Jorrie Adams may end up being the best football player Jasper has ever produced at any position. ... The only question I have is how he is in the classroom, which may not even be an issue. Jasper seems to produce an awful lot of guys that could be D1 college talent that don't qualify academically and end up at junior colleges.

The word from the coaches is that Adams is fully qualified academically. He could go to just about any school he wants to even if he were not an athlete. Ditto for Joseph Bryant on the DL. Grades are reportedly NOT a problem for these two guys.

As for best Ol, didn't Texas Football say Adams is one of the best pass blockers to come along in several years ?? That is what I heard they said.

Bulldog92
07-18-2002, 12:00 PM
DCTF did indeed say that Adams is the best pass blocker to come along in several years, but I'm sure he's dominant as a run blocker, too. Someone that quick and agile would have to be. Who are his early favorites as far as colleges go?

Matthew328
07-18-2002, 04:21 PM
I actually think Clark could carry the ball some...he will however be playing LB this year....he will be trouble for other teams offenses....but I think he helps the team more on the line because Everman always has a good stable of backs...

Big Tarp 74
08-01-2002, 08:13 PM
At Port Isabel, they have a tackel. He is about 6-1, 240. He is very very strong. He has won many of the states weight lifting tournments. I heard that he dead lifts over 800 pounds, and at bench, he is somewere around 500. He has huge legs. I know that colleges have been watching him.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited August 01, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
08-01-2002, 09:21 PM
The Sporting News High School 2002 edition lists Jorrie Adams as the seventh best high school athlete in the United States. This is all classifications including private and parochial schools in the US. The magazine also lists him as the number one player in the southwest. Not to shabby. Compared him to Leonard Davis (Texas) the 2001 number two draft pick by the NFL. Listed Texas, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and TCU as the early favorites in the recruitment wars. 6'7 270. The lad must be awesome.

j_dog
08-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
The Sporting News High School 2002 edition lists Jorrie Adams as the seventh best high school athlete in the United States. This is all classifications including private and parochial schools in the US. The magazine also lists him as the number one player in the southwest. Not to shabby. Compared him to Leonard Davis (Texas) the 2001 number two draft pick by the NFL. Listed Texas, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and TCU as the early favorites in the recruitment wars. 6'7 270. The lad must be awesome.

Thanks, this is some good news for Jorrie. I think he is more than just awesome. I drove several hundred miles last year to see him play and the trip was well worth it. He could probably be playing at a lot of colleges right now. By the way, last year was his first year as an offensive tackle. His soph year he was a tight end. One thing, I do not believe he is truly only 6' 7 inches. And, he is a nice kid to boot. I think he definitely will help bring some attention to 3a football this year.

Also, remember the name Joseph Bryant on the defensive line. He is almost as dominant as Jorrie.

MPir.~def.58
08-03-2002, 03:19 PM
HEY FOOTBALL FANS,
I JUST THOUGHT U SHOULD KNOW MATHIS HAS 4 RETURNING, STARTING LINEMAN WITH 3 OTHER RETURNERS WHO PLAYED IN THE SEASON. WE FINALLY GET TO START TWO A DAYS AND PREP FOR SOME BEATINGS WE'RE GONNA GIVE.ALL LINEMAN ARE AVG. 5'11", 220 LBS AND RUNNING A 5.00 IN THE 40. WE ARE SAID TO HVE THE BEST LINE IN SOUTH TEXAS THIS YEAR. IF U DONT BELEIVE ME , YOU'LL SEE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF BAY AREA SPORTS. THIS IS THE YEAR FOR THE MATHIS PIRATES . 3 ROUNDS DEEP FOR 7 YRS STRAIGHT IS NOT ENOGHPH FOR US WE R GONNA RETAKE OUR DISTRICT TITLE AND FINISH THE SEASON WITH A STATE TITLE.LEADIND THE WAY TO THAT WILL BE OUR LINE!!!!!!

tylerrose
08-03-2002, 03:36 PM
Nick Najarro-Forney 6'3, 270 Jr.
Started for a loaded Forney team as a Soph.

sinfan75
08-04-2002, 04:35 PM
Ain't nobody mentioned Cody Wallace of Cuero.Him and Adams of Jasper should be the best in 3A.

sinfan75
08-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by MPir.~def.58:
HEY FOOTBALL FANS,
I JUST THOUGHT U SHOULD KNOW MATHIS HAS 4 RETURNING, STARTING LINEMAN WITH 3 OTHER RETURNERS WHO PLAYED IN THE SEASON. WE FINALLY GET TO START TWO A DAYS AND PREP FOR SOME BEATINGS WE'RE GONNA GIVE.ALL LINEMAN ARE AVG. 5'11", 220 LBS AND RUNNING A 5.00 IN THE 40. WE ARE SAID TO HVE THE BEST LINE IN SOUTH TEXAS THIS YEAR. IF U DONT BELEIVE ME , YOU'LL SEE IN THE FIRST WEEK OF BAY AREA SPORTS. THIS IS THE YEAR FOR THE MATHIS PIRATES . 3 ROUNDS DEEP FOR 7 YRS STRAIGHT IS NOT ENOGHPH FOR US WE R GONNA RETAKE OUR DISTRICT TITLE AND FINISH THE SEASON WITH A STATE TITLE.LEADIND THE WAY TO THAT WILL BE OUR LINE!!!!!!

just to clear things up,Mathis has at least gone 3 rounds deep 3 straight times not 7.MP1 you change your screen name again?

TotalYards
08-11-2002, 01:23 PM
Brownfield - Rhett Green
The 6'2" 260 pound guard has already received some D1 looks. He's being recruited by a program in the northeast and has the interest in several smaller schools. He has great explosiveness along with quick feet and speed. Comes off the ball well and creates movement. Also, keep in mind Burnet has an offensive lineman who has signed with Georgia Tech. There are plenty other good 3A linemen out there in Texas

beefy
08-23-2002, 10:40 AM
I know Burnet has a good right tackle in Eddy Parker. He has already committed to Georgia Tech. Bandera has some good sized kids but i don't know much other than that. I have seen the Wallace kid from Cuero and he is a legit division one player....

doordie
08-25-2002, 11:17 AM
najaro from forney is tough and looks like he might play both ways some!!!!

Wildcat2004
08-25-2002, 04:36 PM
John Douty, Kennedale- 6'5 290 5.0
Josh Virnoich, Kennedale- 6'6 270 5.0