PDA

View Full Version : Licks in school!

Cam
05-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Or paddling...or whatever else they called it back then......Did anyone here ever get em' in your day??.....I only got it twice!.....both in 7th grade...the first and worst was by our football coach....a few individuals in the weight room were goofing around...not me of course:D.....someone turned off the lights and it went pitch black....a door suddenly opened and all we heard was, "LINE UP!"......Oh crap!!....I was just sittin' there putting on my clothes!.....but everybody paid the price....Anyway, it was just one lick per kid....but man did that sucker hurt!....I remember the sting was so intense I couldn't stop rubbin' my arse on the bench!....and several were in tears!...The bruise it left across my butt cheeks lasted a couple of weeks!...
..The second time was by my math teacher..He caught me flingin' a wad of paper at someone...I deserved that one......that was 3 licks but they were pretty mild...Mr. Todd, if you're out there I just wanna say thanks for goin' easy on me.....Coach Ramirez, if you're out there and I ever see you again, you be's a dead man!.....you sumbitch!!...:foul:........

waterboy
05-14-2015, 02:05 PM
I got licks, paddled, or whatever you want to call it, more times than I could count. I must've been a real troublemaker, or trouble seemed to find me, whichever way you want to look at it. I can remember a LOT of them. I think it was basically a daily thing in the 4th grade, though. There was this kid who picked a fight with me everyday. I always won, but I also got paddled for it even though I never started it. I always just ended it...lol! I guess the teacher always felt sorry for that poor feller 'cause I always got paddled, too, even though I never started the fights. I remember that first six weeks report card I brought home from Mrs. Brewer. It had a "red 'F'" on it in citizenship. What do you think happened when I brought that home? My dad was a drill instructor for the Marine Corps at one time. Talk about the worst whooping in my life... OUCH! David Dyes, if you're out there, I owe you another one!:mad:

Trashman
05-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Twice is all it took for me too.:lies: Once in the 7th grade for being an ass.... :rolleyes: Once in the 9th grade for tying a kid to his chair with nail aprons in shop class. The teacher was on the phone while it was going on. :tisk: When he hung up the phone he lined us all up and busted our butts. :twitch: Hardest licks I ever got and my arse was on fire, don't mind admitting that I teared up. :bigcry: just thinking about it to this day makes my arse hurt.:helpme: .I wish I could say I didn't deserve what I got, but that wouldn't be true.:devil:

Cam
05-14-2015, 02:28 PM
well well looky here!.....only 8 views and already 2 posts!!.....I knew this board was full of incendiary, rabble-rousing firebrands!!!!........I can't wait to hear what panfan and others have to say!....

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

Rocket Man
05-14-2015, 02:38 PM
I got them at least once a year from 1st through 7th grade.........all during my tenure in the Connally ISD system..............in Elementary it was always for talking in class, but in 7th grade it was for going to an Assembly before I checked in with my Homeroom class, it was a case of just forgetting and those were some powerful licks.............looking back on this one, t'was a very inequitable punishment for the cause.....kinda funny the things we remember..

From 8th -12th at Robinson, no licks and one D-HALL (for talking in class of course).

panfan
05-14-2015, 02:48 PM
well well looky here!.....only 8 views and already 2 posts!!.....I knew this board was full of incendiary, rabble-rousing firebrands!!!!........I can't wait to hear what panfan and others have to say!....

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

Both my parents taught at the schools I went to. In Elementary school - got it a couple times for talking too much, fighting, and who knows what the other one was for. In Jr High, got a solid arse whoopin, just can't recall what it was for,but got another one when I got home for that one in school. In HS, got one from football coach for leaving my sweats lying around during our boot camp week. My arse is HS was rock hard though cause I could crack an acorn betwixt my butt cheek - so that one didn't hurt none.

The ones' from Dad were always the worst - he was ex coach from the 60's and early 70's had a collection of paddles. He would usually tell me to go to the closet and select the instrument of my impending pain. Ones at home were few, but always the worst. I ran once, bad idea! I probably deserved every one of them.

BwdLion73
05-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Ah yes...spats, licks, ect. Report Card day we reported to coach Woods gang at the end of the day for review. Grades were not the only thing looked at.
Citizenship seem to bring more rath.;) I recall a B in citizenship for a horse play incident that wasn't my fault....really coach!! The jury of assistant coaches met and the verdict was 1lick. After the verdict was carried out and I walked away I was ask "what's in your pocket"? "My billfold" I answered.
Thats right I was told to come back in the office, remove the billfold, and receive another lick

P.S. last B in citizenship. :D:D:D

bobcat1
05-14-2015, 07:12 PM
I got 62 licks my Freshman year. I learned after 3 years. None in my senior year. Planned down baseball bat with holes in it. Vice principal was a sadist I think.

Tejastrue
05-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Once as a hs freshman, myself and another guy ...for playing paper football in class even after we were warned to stop. I will mention I won on a last second extra pt.
Missed one football practice unexcused ... got 3 whacks from our DB coach who was a wide body middle lb in college and I might add relished the act. He always shook your hand afterwards and then made sure you knew where the ice bags/buckets were...lol.

movethechain
05-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Got em in school, got em on the school bus and got em when I got home. Yeah, I was pretty special. :thumbsup:

Rabid Cougar
05-14-2015, 08:30 PM
I too was a double dipper. (School and home) it didn't take me long to figure out that it was a bad deal, specially the home part.

Scoop27
05-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Got them in the Hungerford Junior High and East Bernard High School. Finally straightened up my junior senior years

greendawg84
05-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Bunches ( go figure ) . Worst I ever got was from Mr Grant the ole AG teacher who treated me as a son . In this case that was not good . Kid threw a paper wad at me while Mr Grant was out of the classroom . I having a mild temper and all got up walked across the room grabbed him by the hair and was just about to whack him when Mr Grant opened the door . He had been watching thru the little window in the door . He snatched up both of us and to the shop we went . Other kid got 3 ( he was a pain in the ass by the way ) then back to class he went leaving me with Mr Grant . He chewed my arse out and said bend over , 1 lick on the arse with both hands on the paddle , then he turned around and hit the wall twice with the paddle . I was like wow that was cool as hell . He looked at me and said keep your mouth shut and get back to class . I will say the 1 I did get was a good enough that I never got another while in HS . Middle school , now thats another story and yall aint got time for all them stories !

And yes all the licks I got were Greendawgs fault !

The good ole days , got thrown off the bus about 5 miles from home . No problem I will just walk home I told her ! Well she drove to my moms work and told her , so dad comes driving up the road . I was like , this aint gonna be good . Dad gets out whips my rear right on the side of 183 . Then he loads me up and takes me to the drivers house makes me apologize to her . Last time I did that , I am a quick learner !

BwdLion73
05-15-2015, 11:32 PM
I got 62 licks my Freshman year. I learned after 3 years. None in my senior year. Planned down baseball bat with holes in it. Vice principal was a sadist I think.

What he means is he got a lick in '62' ... his freshman year. :D:D:D

bobcat1
05-16-2015, 07:47 AM
What he means is he got a lick in '62' ... his freshman year. :D:D:D

I see your dementia is kicking in again. That was your senior year 62. We had facemasks when I played at least.

BwdLion73
05-16-2015, 12:20 PM
I see your dementia is kicking in again. That was your senior year 62. We had facemasks when I played at least.

Oh yeah! ... well ... uh ... nevermind I forget.

Cam
05-17-2015, 08:30 PM

dang bobcat!....and that's not even including all the spankings Mrs. Bobcat1 has probably given you!....you bad bad boy!!!.....:smoker:

bobcat1
05-17-2015, 09:33 PM
dang bobcat!....and that's not even including all the spankings Mrs. Bobcat1 has probably given you!....you bad bad boy!!!.....:smoker:
:tisk: I found it's better to give than receive.:smoker:

Cam
05-17-2015, 09:53 PM
:tisk: I found it's better to give than receive.:smoker:

:doh:

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Never! :) I wasn't stupid! Parents were both teachers & they knew stuff, sometimes before I did. (Thanks, Mr. Bennett for telling my Momma about my 71 on the Physics test!) I did get sent to the Principal's office once my Freshman year. (Stupid Algebra teacher!) My Dad made me apologize to her. :rolleyes: She was just ticked that she couldn't answer my question.

My brothers? That's a totally different story. :D